Forums46
Topics538,018
Posts9,731,878
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: Jgraider] #8497737 01/07/22 05:08 PM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Jgraider
The interior is very much new.

Actually it's just the utility interior but it is new to the truck. Plus a Denali is shown on the GMC site so I doubt the entire line will look like a Yukon on the inside.

Pass the gravy.

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8506140 01/17/22 01:58 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Update
I now have 1800 miles on it and like it even more than before.
I don't like letting it get below a 1/4 tank of fuel so I've been filling up with about 520-540 miles on the tank and it is averaging 25mpg every day driving.

I put a 16' lowboy on it yesterday for the first time and empty you literally do not know it is hooked up. I put 5 big round bales on it and it pulled it like it was nothing. I can't wait to pull a load of feed to the lease to see how it does on the highway.

The one question I have for others that have this is does yours run with such low oil pressure like mine? I have not gotten on it at all yet and not taken it over 3k rpms but I do not think I've seen the pressure gauge go above 30psi.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8506282 01/17/22 04:41 PM
Stealthjr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Yep…my oil pressure is low as well. Normal from what i can tell.

I went back to the dealer i bought it from after noticing it and we walked out and started another one on the lot…same pressure.

32k miles and zero issues!

There's nothing better than killin it and grillin it!
Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8506309 01/17/22 05:05 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Update
I don't like letting it get below a 1/4 tank of fuel so I've been filling up with about 520-540 miles on the tank and it is averaging 25mpg every day driving.

I put a 16' lowboy on it yesterday for the first time and empty you literally do not know it is hooked up. I put 5 big round bales on it and it pulled it like it was nothing. I can't wait to pull a load of feed to the lease to see how it does on the highway.

The one question I have for others that have this is does yours run with such low oil pressure like mine? I have not gotten on it at all yet and not taken it over 3k rpms but I do not think I've seen the pressure gauge go above 30psi.

This is scaring me. Im about ready to down size. The two trucks models I was interested in dont come in 6.5 bed.

I can’t believe Chevy has something that interests me. Hell might freeze over

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8506441 01/17/22 07:42 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Nice

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8506446 01/17/22 07:43 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Looks sharp

To be determined
Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8506546 01/17/22 10:26 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Update

This is scaring me. Im about ready to down size. The two trucks models I was interested in dont come in 6.5 bed.

You’ll break it before it gets off the lot. Trust me here, you don’t want that.

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: BigPig] #8506554 01/17/22 10:43 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BigPig
Update

Let’s be honest, I can break anything and everything. What’s warranty period
roflmao

1/2 my fuel cost a year is inviting though

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8506572 01/17/22 11:10 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Update

As much as I like my Ram Ecodiesel, that Duramax inline 6 has my attention. Appreciate the updates.

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: Grizz] #8506603 01/18/22 12:05 AM
P
Poppa Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Grizz
Originally Posted by DocHorton
Congrats on the new truck! Does your 2022 have the new front end? I thought Chevy and GMC were supposed to have new body styles and interiors for 2022 and not released until March.

The new models ZR2 and GMC AT4X look pretty sweet.

I haven't seen anything on it, but I wonder if they will do the same thing they did in 99 and offer two different body styles. When I bought my 99 you could get the new style or classic body style and both were 99 year models.

you are talking about a 23 year old model truck. times have changed a bit. maybe not?

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8506607 01/18/22 12:12 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Update

Let’s be honest, I can break anything and everything. What’s warranty period
roflmao

1/2 my fuel cost a year is inviting though

Based on how poorly our Tahoe’s hold up vs our Chargers, I won’t be buying any GM for a long time

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8506688 01/18/22 01:49 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Update

Said the guy who used to own a Chevy Avalanche..... apparently they did have something that interested you....bolt roflmao

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8506827 01/18/22 03:57 AM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Update

Doesn’t it call for 0w20 or something crazy thin too?

It's hell eatin em live
Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: stxranchman] #8506836 01/18/22 04:17 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by stxranchman
Update

Said the guy who used to own a Chevy Avalanche..... apparently they did have something that interested you....bolt roflmao

That’s the wife 100%. She now drives a suburban.

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: BigPig] #8506966 01/18/22 02:08 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Update

So, I'm guessing you are a Ford guy then?
No doubt about it that Ford has come a long, long ways the last 15-20 years with their 1/2 ton trucks.
I still wouldn't have one over a GM as I have several friends with them and have driven them and just do not like the ride and feel of them as much as the GM.

And as far as the durability of the GM vs Ford or Mopar, I don't think there is a knat's azz worth of difference between GM & Ford......now Dodge is another story and resale value shows that all day long and twice on sundays.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: redchevy] #8506969 01/18/22 02:10 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by redchevy
Update

Doesn’t it call for 0w20 or something crazy thin too?

Not sure and probably will never know as it will be taken in for oil and filter changes. lol
I will not change it myself and will only tell them to use only the recommended oil for it and only full synthetic. I don't have time to jack around with an oil change just to save $40 or $50.

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8506973 01/18/22 02:12 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Update

No doubt about it that Ford has come a long, long ways the last 15-20 years with their 1/2 ton trucks.
I still wouldn't have one over a GM as I have several friends with them and have driven them and just do not like the ride and feel of them as much as the GM.

And as far as the durability of the GM vs Ford or Mopar, I don't think there is a knat's azz worth of difference between GM & Ford......now Dodge is another story and resale value shows that all day long and twice on sundays.

He is referring to me being in a 3/4 for past 20 years. I’m a touch rough on things.

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8507130 01/18/22 04:30 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I

He is referring to me being in a 3/4 for past 20 years. I’m a touch rough on things.

lmao
Well, I wouldn't buy one of these truck half tons if I was going to be pulling big, heavy loads all the time as they simply are not built for that.
But, if you are pulling lighter loads or the occasional heavy load and like riding in comfort and getting good fuel economy, it is the way to go without a doubt.
In fact, I will be selling my fifth wheel this year and buying a little bit smaller bumper pull trailer for camping and deer lease use and then will pull it with this one instead of using my 05' 3/4 ton duramax.
I honestly do not think it will have much if any problems towing a 25'-30' bumper pull weighing 5-6k lbs.

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8507144 01/18/22 04:45 PM
Stealthjr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I have a 27’ bumper pull trailer that it pulls just fine. Highly recommend anti-sway bar system for safety reasons. Pulls and stops just fine.

Also, took a closer look at oil pressure yesterday after jumping on it…60psi or so. YMMV!

Cheers![Linked Image]

Last edited by Stealthjr; 01/18/22 04:48 PM.

There's nothing better than killin it and grillin it!
Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8507180 01/18/22 05:48 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Very nice looking ride stealthjr and nice to hear that it tows the trailer so well.

I was wondering what the oil pressure would do if it reaches higher RPM and that is good to know.
I've always been told that 10psi per 1k RPMs is sufficient. I have been pretty gentle with it the first 2k miles and it usually shifts at 2k rpm taking off and i noticed the oil pressure is at 30 or a little better at that point.

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8507221 01/18/22 06:30 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

lmao
Well, I wouldn't buy one of these truck half tons if I was going to be pulling big, heavy loads all the time as they simply are not built for that.
But, if you are pulling lighter loads or the occasional heavy load and like riding in comfort and getting good fuel economy, it is the way to go without a doubt.
In fact, I will be selling my fifth wheel this year and buying a little bit smaller bumper pull trailer for camping and deer lease use and then will pull it with this one instead of using my 05' 3/4 ton duramax.
I honestly do not think it will have much if any problems towing a 25'-30' bumper pull weighing 5-6k lbs.

I’m not hauling tractor, implements, seed, travel trailer etc any more. Just my little mule pro.

I need something that’s easier on the kidney’s and mpg

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8507262 01/18/22 07:20 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
It'll pull those travel trailers just fine. My Ecodiesel pulls my 28' camper very well. Just curious, what are the oil, transmission, and coolant temps running in these 1/2t Duramax? I can look again but IIRC my oil and coolant temps run about 220* in normal highway driving.

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8507350 01/18/22 08:49 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Can you post up a pic of the interior/dash?

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: Jgraider] #8507395 01/18/22 09:43 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Jgraider
It'll pull those travel trailers just fine. My Ecodiesel pulls my 28' camper very well. Just curious, what are the oil, transmission, and coolant temps running in these 1/2t Duramax? I can look again but IIRC my oil and coolant temps run about 220* in normal highway driving.

Mine runs at 210-215 degrees engine temp, 175-185 transmission, and I have no idea on the oil temp????

Re: New Ride - 2022 Half Ton Chevy Duramax [Re: DocHorton] #8507398 01/18/22 09:44 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by DocHorton
Can you post up a pic of the interior/dash?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide