OP Offline
Pro Tracker
L
Who is going? Who has been? Highlights?

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8498373 01/08/22 01:57 PM
CodeEnforcer Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I went like 10 years ago, and some how got selected to give a speech in front of everyone because I was mistaken for another Matt, and had entire room looking at me

Winged it, and slept with a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader that night

True story. have pics

Everything you ever wanted is on the other side of fear.......
Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8498384 01/08/22 02:10 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
About the same with less crowds
Less African outfitters and more from other places
Gun section had some new vendors

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8498410 01/08/22 02:42 PM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
I plan to go today.... would have gone Thursday but the show closes at 5:30

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8498420 01/08/22 02:48 PM
P
Paluxy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Drop by and visit with Asif Ilyasov from Azerbaijan, interesting guy. Booth#930

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: TEXASLEFTY] #8498438 01/08/22 03:13 PM
CodeEnforcer Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY
I plan to go today.... would have gone Thursday but the show closes at 5:30

She worked the event, every year, if you go, shoot me a text

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8498456 01/08/22 03:39 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
A friend of mine goes every year on the first day. Less crowded as usual. Said they normally have 1100 or so exhibitors and this year due to late opening for Africa due to Covid they were down about 200 exhibitors. He did say a lot of hunts were being booked though.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8498460 01/08/22 03:44 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by CodeEnforcer
I went like 10 years ago, and some how got selected to give a speech in front of everyone because I was mistaken for another Matt, and had entire room looking at me

True story. have pics

She was just your type East.
[Linked Image]

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8498645 01/08/22 08:02 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J

True story. have pics

Something to be proud of, that's for sure

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Jgraider] #8498649 01/08/22 08:08 PM
CodeEnforcer Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Originally Posted by Jgraider

True story. have pics

Something to be proud of, that's for sure

She ended up being a great friend, but I am not proud of the time I woke up to 74 missed calls from her, because her and another cheerleader needed "some assistance"

Yep, slept through the opportunity

Cowboys also haven't been in playoffs since then, and you can blame me

Do have a valid pic of me and Julius Jones playing pool together with both girls there too.

Hood rich

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8498653 01/08/22 08:10 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Been many times, but not the last couple of years. Lots of, as a PH friend of mine used to say, "whistling gophers". (Guys ask "How much that go for?" then whistle.) roflmao I would avoid today (Sat.) at all costs.

I don't like trade shows in general. I had to work plenty of them when I was working. And, even though it's hunting, and we all love to hunt, it's still a trade show.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8498704 01/08/22 09:04 PM
Txhunter65 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Went yesterday. Crowd wasn't bad. almost no outfitters from New Zealand...did see Cardrona Safaris but Spey Creek and a lot of the others were not there. Heard New Zealand told them if they left the country they couldn't tell them when they'd be allowed back in. Overall good time..don't eat the concession food inside the hall, I'd go to one of the near by restaurants. Purchased another suppressor from Silencer Central...we'll see how the ATF eform crap works...I've tried to register too many times to count over the last 4 days all I get is error messages. Right in line with most government run operations. Have two pending from last March...will probably get the one I bought yesterday before I get those two.

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8498719 01/08/22 09:27 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I went this morning looking for a pair of boots. Got what I was after and accidentally booked a fishing trip. When I was there, it was a nice crowd but not unpleasantly packed.

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8498808 01/08/22 11:58 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Too much walking for me.
I"ll just stay here with my feet in the fire.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8498834 01/09/22 12:34 AM
texasag93 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I went. I normally avoid Saturdays. There was a good crown, but not crowded.

I was not looking for New Zealand, so I cannot say if there were guys there or not.

South Africa was well represented, but less than normal. The farms and PHs in SA need to make it through this. The US cutting SA off from travel has been bad for them. I was able to get in and out easily in May. Internal SA politics may be rooting against money coming in to keep afloat.

The rest of Africa, Europe, Canada, South America, and Asia were well represented and at normal levels.

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: SherpaPhil] #8499465 01/09/22 09:45 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
I went this morning looking for a pair of boots. Got what I was after and accidentally booked a fishing trip. When I was there, it was a nice crowd but not unpleasantly packed.

Russel's?

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8499513 01/09/22 10:39 PM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I booked a bird/bear hunt in Idaho for this fall. Also have a fallow/chamois hunt in Spain planned for the end of October.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Buzzsaw] #8499581 01/10/22 12:00 AM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Russel's?

Schnee's

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: SherpaPhil] #8499583 01/10/22 12:03 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Russel's?

Schnee's

'Tried to order some custom Russels once. (Narrow foot.) One of the worst customer service debacles I've ever experienced. Schnee's is a solid choice. up

Last edited by Creekrunner; 01/10/22 12:04 AM.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Creekrunner] #8499598 01/10/22 12:34 AM
texasag93 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

Russel's?

Schnee's

'Tried to order some custom Russels once. (Narrow foot.) One of the worst customer service debacles I've ever experienced. Schnee's is a solid choice. up

Order the extra boot liners from Schnee's. One hunt that you need them makes it worth the extra expense. Just my 2cents

Last edited by texasag93; 01/10/22 12:34 AM.
Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8499623 01/10/22 01:08 AM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Will do, thanks.

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8499717 01/10/22 02:16 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Saw pictures on Instagram. Didnt seem that crowded. Trump Jr was in full force though

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8500000 01/10/22 02:24 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
She ended up being a great friend, but I am not proud of the time I woke up to 74 missed calls from her, because her and another cheerleader needed "some assistance"

Do have a valid pic of me and Julius Jones playing pool together with both girls there too.

Hood rich

Wow, such an F'n nutcase troll. None of what you post is relevant (not to mention completely made up) and if you're trying to attempt comedy, you suck at it.

FYI- going back 10 years, the Cowboys have been in the playoffs 4 times including this year.

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Land_Man] #8500009 01/10/22 02:31 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
I always go, but didn't feel good on Saturday and just didn't feel like going on Sunday. The DSC Instagram page posted pictures and it definitely was nowhere near as crowded as normal. I wanted to learn more about Cape Buffalo hunts, but I'm probably not actually in the market for at least a couple years, so I passed on attending. I always have a good time and buy stuff I didn't know I needed, and I'm sure the vendors selling gear probably didn't do as well this year as they did prior to Covid.

Re: Dallas Safari Club [Re: Gringo Bling] #8500037 01/10/22 02:55 PM
CodeEnforcer Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

Hood rich

Wow, such an F'n nutcase troll. None of what you post is relevant (not to mention completely made up) and if you're trying to attempt comedy, you suck at it.

FYI- going back 10 years, the Cowboys have been in the playoffs 4 times including this year.

Gawd, I love your response. Here let me see if I can make it more believable and you can see if I am creative, funny, trolling or possibly even maybe telling the truth.

At the point, and you are right, more than 10 years, probably more like 15 or so. The thing is that if you read the thread you wouldn't notice that was my second post and it was a follow up related to the first, which in fact is exactly related to the OP.

So, without writing an Essay let me explain. Worked at verizon doing small business accounts. guy owned business in Southlake, but he was also very invested in amway. the "pyramid scheme" household goods company. we became friends from his cellular accounts, and he would show me amway paychecks he made on the side. finally I decided give it a go, not really my thing, but I invested about a year of my free time, messing around with it outside of work. about once a year, all the successful people at amway would get together for a convention and talk about success stories etc. Well they would rent out large office building, or theaters, etc. Well this one I was attending was at the building off 35, and rented out on the weekend, that guess what was going on at the same time. yep you guessed. the safari club was renting the other side of the building. etc etc. well after amway, walking around a beautiful blonde was working a booth for guided hunts, dont really remember that part. but her full time job was waitress bartending at, I believe it was called Cool Rivers over off 114 I think, las colinas are, cant remember for sure. well her and I hit it off, and I used to go up there, hang out waiting for her to get off work, play pool on the table in the back right pass the bar. one evening two gentleman were sitting in the end booth, I was alone and asked if they wanted to play. they agreed, it wasnt till then in the light around the table did I notice it was Julius Jones. he was cool, we played pool, I remember today I could not quit looking at his watch. the face was huge and the bling on it was overwhelming. she finally got off work, told him good night and asked for a picture.

now see her and I ended up moving into same apartment complex, it made the "friend situation easier" see we didn't date, and living with that while intoxicated makes it safer. so when that late night booty call happens and your drunk, you dont have to drive, just walk over to her apartment. I probably saved myself a dwi honestly cause of that. either way, she was a little wild, but every female that worked up there was smoking hot. her and a coworker got extremely intoxicated one night, and started doing that never kissed a girl, expirementing that they do. well it got hot and heavy and my female friend of those two decided why not throw matt into the mix. but I had also gone out that evening and was passed out drunk. so I missed my shot. sucks

Now I might have made all that up or it could be true. If you need me to, I can post the pic with julius, my drivers license. or I can get out an old cell phone, find her number and you can call her and ask her to tell you about first time she kissed a girl, where she worked, etc. Just let me know if I can be of assistance

or just keep thinking I am a liar there buddy

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide