Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Ol Thumper] #8478582 12/17/21 04:53 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
The dipturds need to keep up with the times, when Oklahoma’s beating Texas that’s a damn shame. All we’re up to date on is filling the state with Blue Hairs and Democrats as well as chicks with D’s hammer

Just who do you hang out with? No, don't tell me.

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8478591 12/17/21 05:04 PM
B
Blank Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Kansas has both E-tags, where they are only on your phone and also electronic check-in and reporting with picture required of tag attached. Both work well, and are optional.

https://programs.ksoutdoors.com/Programs/Electronic-Deer-Check-in

Last edited by Blank; 12/17/21 05:05 PM.

Beer and whiskey, 'cause you can't drink bacon!!
Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8478592 12/17/21 05:04 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Yes! Let’s make electronic tags. While we are at it, we may as well make killing the deer more convenient too. Why can’t we buy a buck online, have it processed, mounted, and shipped to your home so you never have to leave the house?

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8478595 12/17/21 05:09 PM
D
dennyo Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
This is the first year that electronic tagging is optional in Louisiana. In fact if you want the paper tags you can still use them but have to print them yourself which is what I did on some water proof paper. I'm still using paper but downloaded the app and it seems pretty user friendly. Have some friends tagging electronically this year and they love it.

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: BigPig] #8478600 12/17/21 05:18 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
H
Heck I’m no rocket scientist; but I’m willing to take a stab at it, maybe plus or minus like this:

1. Get on site.
2. Enter license number.
3. Enter last 4 of DL to verify.
4. Check One: Buck __ Doe__
5. Ranch
6. County

Hit send; conformation comes by email.

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: BigPig] #8478603 12/17/21 05:22 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BigPig
Yes! Let’s make electronic tags. While we are at it, we may as well make killing the deer more convenient too. Why can’t we buy a buck online, have it processed, mounted, and shipped to your home so you never have to leave the house?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8478621 12/17/21 05:55 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
The two folks in our camp who got a talking to by the GW for not filling out their paperwork properly was a cop and firefighter. Go figure...

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8478628 12/17/21 06:05 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
We are on MLD and therefore more important. They should figure out how to make ours work first.

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8478647 12/17/21 06:26 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by stxranchman
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
So I’m guessing your “option” would be no. Source from state told me they make tons of money from one of those items not being properly completed. And I would bet we’ve lost more hunters, who got a ticket, on their first hunting experience, than to technology.

It would be no for me due to lack of phone signal at one MLD ranch or even on my personal ranch. To fill out the MLD log and then to enter every deer killed that morning or evening would be a royal PITA. Then having to find a place to get phone signal on top of that would be an issue. I could see many errors and mistakes made with that scenario. You are thinking about tagging one animal every so often and not thinking about those who may tag 1-15 per hunt in a morning and/or evening. The state makes money from those who can not read and understand the regulations. Plain and simple. Read and follow the regulations and there would not be near the amount of money made by the state on those. It is not the states fault for issuing a citation to someone who can not follow instructions. The state provide them with the information but can not make the hunter read them. Most of them have the phone app and still don't read the regulations. That problem is solely on the hunter/license holder.

I uploaded my pecos mule deer to harvest app both years. It's specifically asks for pictures with spread reference. My guess is the data will be used to quantify if spread restrictions are applicable.

Because I use some WMAs that require electronic registration, I messed around with that harvest app. It also asks you to mark on the electronic topo map where you made your harvest. I could see that being a mandatory requirement both public and private if they go to electronic tagging. I can see how valuable that data would be to a wildlife biologist and a good tool for gws to use with poachers who will either lie on location or not enter it at all. Like the poacher that claimed a trophy deer tagged as taken at a wma. They could not prove the deer was poached, but there was no card turned into the wma for the day he killed the deer so they got him on that. I'm not sure how I feel about my and everyone else's gps kill data being available to the public through open records. Especially on public land. And I could see lease brokers using the data to hunt down new leases to snatch away from people who have done well managing without lease cost increases. I have lost a lease before to someone who offered double our cost because of one of our lease members bragging in town about our lease. Be careful what you wish for.

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Sniper John] #8478659 12/17/21 06:52 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Sniper John
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by stxranchman
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
So I’m guessing your “option” would be no. Source from state told me they make tons of money from one of those items not being properly completed. And I would bet we’ve lost more hunters, who got a ticket, on their first hunting experience, than to technology.

It would be no for me due to lack of phone signal at one MLD ranch or even on my personal ranch. To fill out the MLD log and then to enter every deer killed that morning or evening would be a royal PITA. Then having to find a place to get phone signal on top of that would be an issue. I could see many errors and mistakes made with that scenario. You are thinking about tagging one animal every so often and not thinking about those who may tag 1-15 per hunt in a morning and/or evening. The state makes money from those who can not read and understand the regulations. Plain and simple. Read and follow the regulations and there would not be near the amount of money made by the state on those. It is not the states fault for issuing a citation to someone who can not follow instructions. The state provide them with the information but can not make the hunter read them. Most of them have the phone app and still don't read the regulations. That problem is solely on the hunter/license holder.

I uploaded my pecos mule deer to harvest app both years. It's specifically asks for pictures with spread reference. My guess is the data will be used to quantify if spread restrictions are applicable.

Because I use some WMAs that require electronic registration, I messed around with that harvest app. It also asks you to mark on the electronic topo map where you made your harvest. I could see that being a mandatory requirement both public and private if they go to electronic tagging. I can see how valuable that data would be to a wildlife biologist and a good tool for gws to use with poachers who will either lie on location or not enter it at all. Like the poacher that claimed a trophy deer tagged as taken at a wma. They could not prove the deer was poached, but there was no card turned into the wma for the day he killed the deer so they got him on that. I'm not sure how I feel about my and everyone else's gps kill data being available to the public through open records. Especially on public land. And I could see lease brokers using the data to hunt down new leases to snatch away from people who have done well managing without lease cost increases. I have lost a lease before to someone who offered double our cost because of one of our lease members bragging in town about our lease. Be careful what you wish for.

For me It doesn’t ask for precise location, just a certain management area. I hunt pecos, concho and mason. Every time I’ve entered the location area is generally very very broad like western half of a county.

If they end up mandating required photos then it could get real precise depending on tagged photo data.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8478662 12/17/21 06:56 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Here are the deer management units for TX [Linked Image]

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8478666 12/17/21 06:59 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
The first time I used it, I was going to enter a turkey I killed on my lease. It would not let me complete adding it without entering the precise location on the map. I stopped right there. I have not looked at it in a long time, so maybe something has changed. I could see a majority of people shying away from the app same as me because of it.

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Sniper John] #8478703 12/17/21 07:28 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Sniper John
The first time I used it, I was going to enter a turkey I killed on my lease. It would not let me complete adding it without entering the precise location on the map. I stopped right there. I have not looked at it in a long time, so maybe something has changed. I could see a majority of people shying away from the app same as me because of it.

Mine wasn't perceive or at least I didn’t take it’s as precise. Just basically made me pick a zone. Example pecos country has zone 4 and 5 in it. West side is 4 so just hit the four area in map.

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8478940 12/17/21 10:38 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
For a Turkey in Young county it still requires the exact GPS location. Note that is not the location of my lease. I just touched a random location on the young county map that popped up. You can't go to the next page to enter beard length, etc. without giving the location of harvest.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8478949 12/17/21 10:54 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
I went on to start the process of entering a fictitious mule deer from pecos county. A pop up did come up saying they only needed management unit. Same for whitetail. But it looks like all small game on the app require precise location. Even ducks require precise location to be able to enter them. I still could see exact location becoming required for big game as well if they went to an electronic tag. It would likely be modeled from the current app.

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8478976 12/17/21 11:32 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
My phone blows up every friggen day. I turn it off when I am hunting. The last thing I want to mess with while hunting is a GD phone. I go hunting to get away from the damned thing.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Huntmaster] #8480685 12/19/21 09:37 PM
Txhunter65 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Nobody likes change!

Re: LICENSE SUGGESTION [Re: Txhunter65] #8480758 12/19/21 10:46 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Txhunter65
Nobody likes change!

I do...but only in the form of quarters, dimes, nickels...etc.!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide