Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: LeonCarr] #8380288 09/10/21 12:23 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by LeonCarr
I honestly don't go to a BBQ place to eat the sides. I don't even put sauce on mine.

That would be like going to a burger place for the french fries.

The fries are equally important.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: Big Fitz] #8380459 09/10/21 02:30 AM
Tritonman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Fitz
Originally Posted by Judd
We've had this many posts on a BBQ thread and no mention of 407...come on fellas, do better wink

I had the opportunity to try 407 several weeks ago and was very impressed with the brisket. I'm not a foodie but it was some of the best brisket I've had.

Personally I like the way you think banana

[Linked Image]
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: The Dude Abides] #8383310 09/12/21 11:04 PM
texasag93 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Never heard of this place before, stopped by Tender Smokehouse in Frisco for lunch yeasterday. They have a sandwich called "El Jefe"...damn it was good. Menu is simple and their prices are fair.

Tender Smokehouse

[Linked Image]

They may get more catering if they spelled their email address correctly.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: The Dude Abides] #8383359 09/12/21 11:44 PM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
IMO, Dickey's is the best. Especially their beans. A close second would be Red, Hot and Blue.

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: The Dude Abides] #8383392 09/13/21 12:19 AM
5 Stand Dan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Went to Cattleack last week, very tasty.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: Homer Jay] #8383420 09/13/21 12:47 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Homer Jay
IMO, Dickey's is the best. Especially their beans. A close second would be Red, Hot and Blue.

Really Dickeys? WTF? Garbage BBQ.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: The Dude Abides] #8383433 09/13/21 01:01 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Yep. Bottom of the barrel.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: The Dude Abides] #8383523 09/13/21 02:11 AM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Perhaps the mods could install a sarcasm font because it is obviously lost on some of you.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8383528 09/13/21 02:18 AM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I am going to try QuickTrip's bbq sandwich and I expect it will be better than Dicky's.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: Homer Jay] #8383529 09/13/21 02:18 AM
texasag93 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Perhaps the mods could install a sarcasm font because it is obviously lost on some of you.

Use GREEN as the font color and most of us will get it.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: Gravytrain] #8383595 09/13/21 03:51 AM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Gravytrain

I am going to try QuickTrip's bbq sandwich and I expect it will be better than Dicky's.

You'll be correct on that one.

I had a smoked sausage sandwich from the Bucee's in Madisonville a couple of Christmases ago and it was actually pretty OK. Of course I was famished at the time so anything would have tasted good.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: texasag93] #8383596 09/13/21 03:52 AM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by texasag93

Use GREEN as the font color and most of us will get it.

Aha! I did not know that. Thank you, sir.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: drag13honda] #8383602 09/13/21 04:09 AM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Originally Posted by drag13honda
Originally Posted by Judd
We've had this many posts on a BBQ thread and no mention of 407...come on fellas, do better wink

I wasn't sure what the intended point of the thread was, so I just simply commented on already mentioned restaurants instead of adding my own. But +1 for 407, that's my #1 so far. It's about 45 minutes away from me, and I drive past countless other BBQ joints to get to it, but I'll still pick 407 anytime I want BBQ.

This ^^^^

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: The Dude Abides] #8383694 09/13/21 12:37 PM
G
GunsUp18 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Man so many good BBQ joints in North Texas Now. Some great ones have already been mentioned, but my favorites that haven't haven't been mentioned are Dayne's in Fort Worth and Zavala's in Grand Prairie.

I have a small YouTube channel where I "review" bbq joints and I have a pretty big DFW playlist including a lot mentioned here. Bowers Barbecue

Follow my BBQ Adventures on Instagram and YouTube! @mikebowerstv
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: drag13honda] #8383696 09/13/21 12:42 PM
G
GunsUp18 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Originally Posted by Derek
Anyone been to Goldees in Kennedale? Only open Fri-Sun. Meat Church was there last weekend. The pictures he posted looked awesome.

I haven't been there in years, but it used to be really good. I keep saying i need to go back and try it again, but haven't yet.

Goldees just opened in February of 2020, might be thinking of another joint. It's for sure a fantastic bbq joint. The owners are all in their early 20's, but know their stuff. Many have worked in joints like Franklin, Valentina's and Terry Blacks before starting their own place.

Follow my BBQ Adventures on Instagram and YouTube! @mikebowerstv
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: The Dude Abides] #8383753 09/13/21 01:25 PM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter
I made it to Goldees on Saturday. Got there about 11:45. Line was about 30-45 minutes. They were giving free beer to those waiting in line. Everyone there is super friendly. You can see the pits and them working while you're in line. They are happy to let you come in the pit area and show you the process and all the meat that is currently on the pit.

BBQ. Got brisket, ribs, turkey, sausage. It was fantastic. Super tender brisket and ribs with great flavor. I didn't try the turkey. Wife said it was awesome. They have 3 sausages. regular, jalapeno and cheese and spicy. I ordered the regular and jalapeno. The meat slicer guy have me a link of spicy at no extra charge to try out. All 3 were some of if not the best sausage I've had.

Sides. Cheese grits, slaw, potato salad. Grits were great, potato salad was really good. Slaw was just ok.

They bake their own bread and it's damn good.

They also have beef ribs on Saturday's.

I give it an A+ and will be back.

[Linked Image]

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: Derek] #8383771 09/13/21 01:39 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I made it to Goldees on Saturday. Got there about 11:45. Line was about 30-45 minutes. They were giving free beer to those waiting in line. Everyone there is super friendly. You can see the pits and them working while you're in line. They are happy to let you come in the pit area and show you the process and all the meat that is currently on the pit.

BBQ. Got brisket, ribs, turkey, sausage. It was fantastic. Super tender brisket and ribs with great flavor. I didn't try the turkey. Wife said it was awesome. They have 3 sausages. regular, jalapeno and cheese and spicy. I ordered the regular and jalapeno. The meat slicer guy have me a link of spicy at no extra charge to try out. All 3 were some of if not the best sausage I've had.

Sides. Cheese grits, slaw, potato salad. Grits were great, potato salad was really good. Slaw was just ok.

[Linked Image]

Real nice, see grits is something you don't really ever see as a side option at a bbq place.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: Derek] #8383819 09/13/21 02:11 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

[Linked Image]

Good looking groceries there.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: Herbie Hancock] #8383876 09/13/21 02:58 PM
F
fredeboy Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

[Linked Image]

Real nice, see grits is something you don't really ever see as a side option at a bbq place.

Their grits are really good. The only ones I have had that were better was Flore's before he left town. Damn they were good but then so was his Q

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: GunsUp18] #8384220 09/13/21 08:40 PM
D
drag13honda Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by GunsUp18
Anyone been to Goldees in Kennedale? Only open Fri-Sun. Meat Church was there last weekend. The pictures he posted looked awesome.

I haven't been there in years, but it used to be really good. I keep saying i need to go back and try it again, but haven't yet.

Goldees just opened in February of 2020, might be thinking of another joint. It's for sure a fantastic bbq joint. The owners are all in their early 20's, but know their stuff. Many have worked in joints like Franklin, Valentina's and Terry Blacks before starting their own place.

Good to know, thanks for letting me know. There used to be an old BBQ joint out that way that I've had before. I'll have to check into it to see if it's a different location or if Goldees is in the building of the old one. Either way, now that I know it's relatively new, there's even more reason to go check it out.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: Derek] #8384327 09/13/21 10:06 PM
texasag93 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

[Linked Image]

I am going to guess $45 for that tray.

Last edited by texasag93; 09/13/21 10:07 PM.
Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: texasag93] #8385259 09/14/21 09:20 PM
F
fredeboy Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted by texasag93

[Linked Image]

I am going to guess $45 for that tray.

Probably pretty close
cheers

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: The Dude Abides] #8476900 12/15/21 10:34 PM
B
boliverpete Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Dayne's is my #1, and I've been to most of bbq places in DFW, getting harder to get in there before he's sold out.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: The Dude Abides] #8476909 12/15/21 10:47 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Try RL Harris on 35 in Red Oak sometime.

I had a sliced brisket sandwich from there yesterday that was holy smoky.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8476945 12/15/21 11:39 PM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Personally, Railhead is my favorite in Fort Worth. notable others are Hickory stick, off the bone and Cousins.

I will give you three out of four Bob lol. Hickory Stick, Off The Bone, and Cousins are all excellent.

I personally think Railhead is overrated, every time I have had the brisket it has been dry and tough. The Railhead in Willow Park IMO is actually better than the one on Montgomery St, but someone needs to teach them how to cut brisket against the grain. We eat it all the time because my TCU grad wife loves it.

Hurtado's in Arlington, 407 in Argyle, and to be honest the Spring Creek BBQ on Cooper St in Arlington (I have been eating there almost weekly for almost 13 years and have never had a bad meal there) are my top three North Texas BBQ Joints. I have not tried Goldee's yet but it is supposed to be Da Bomb.

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide