Texas Hunting Forum

North TX BBQ Joint(s)

Posted By: The Dude Abides

North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 02:38 PM

Never heard of this place before, stopped by Tender Smokehouse in Frisco for lunch yeasterday. They have a sandwich called "El Jefe"...damn it was good. Menu is simple and their prices are fair.

Tender Smokehouse

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 02:41 PM

The TM top 50 should be coming out soon, I know they recently finished up their food tour.
Posted By: INRUT

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 04:20 PM

May try this joint out. Hutchins in McKinney has disappointed me after they just opened back up after the fire. You can NOT buy single or two meat plates anymore. Everything is by the weight. Very inconvenient if you are trying to eat on the run. Rant over
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 04:40 PM

Hutchins in Frisco has been consistently good. Best brisket that I have had.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 05:32 PM

I will have to try it in Aubrey. El Jefe looks good. food

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by texasag93
I will have to try it in Aubrey. El Jefe looks good. food

Looks like a messy one, also the non description on the specialties is annoying, I bet if I were to hit up the website it would give me details. But who has time for that when I am clicking refresh on this constantly...
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
They have a sandwich called "El Jefe"...damn it was good.

Looks like there's way too much going on in that sandwich. Best BBQ I've had in DFW is Pecan Lodge and Heim. Nobody else is close (I haven't tried Cattleack yet). My son and I recently ventured down to Lexington just to try Snow's. It was very good, but we both think Pecan Lodge and Heim are better. But, the best I've ever had is Franklin's, followed by Kreuz.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 06:16 PM

You’re not a noticer
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by jakebunch
Hutchins in Frisco has been consistently good. Best brisket that I have had.

The lines have been super long last few months, Alwasy out the door during lunch or dinner, Wasn't that way a few years ago

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

Looks like there's way too much going on in that sandwich. Best BBQ I've had in DFW is Pecan Lodge and Heim. Nobody else is close (I haven't tried Cattleack yet). My son and I recently ventured down to Lexington just to try Snow's. It was very good, but we both think Pecan Lodge and Heim are better. But, the best I've ever had is Franklin's, followed by Kreuz.

Franklin's and Terry Blacks in Lockhart is the best IMO.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 07:02 PM

Both of those are great.

Coopers in LLano is great.

Driving 3-4 hours for a BBQ lunch is not optimal from DFW.
Posted By: Derek

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 07:06 PM

Anyone been to Goldees in Kennedale? Only open Fri-Sun. Meat Church was there last weekend. The pictures he posted looked awesome.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Derek
Anyone been to Goldees in Kennedale? Only open Fri-Sun. Meat Church was there last weekend. The pictures he posted looked awesome.

I've heard it's the bomb.
Posted By: soooo

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 07:22 PM

Buzz has a sort of friend with a bbq joint somewhere.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 07:22 PM

That's on my short list of places to try in the Metroplex. Looks awesome with the exception that if I'm going to drive almost 40 miles one way for lunch, I'd like to be able to sit down inside the restaurant to eat (I read that it's takeout only).

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by soooo

clap

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by soooo

He knows somebody who knows somebody who knows the owner, He says they are pretty tight via the THF

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 07:43 PM

Both of those are great.

Coopers in LLano is great.

Driving 3-4 hours for a BBQ lunch is not optimal from DFW.

The "best" is always subjective for sure.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 07:53 PM

Personally, Railhead is my favorite in Fort Worth. notable others are Hickory stick, off the bone and Cousins.
Posted By: drag13honda

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 08:23 PM

I haven't been there in years, but it used to be really good. I keep saying i need to go back and try it again, but haven't yet.

I also haven't tried Heim, is there a specific location that's the one to go to, or are they all consistant with each other?
Posted By: 1955

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 08:37 PM

Risky s Bar B Q Sundance square ! food
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 08:38 PM

I didn’t care for Heim in Dallas, by Love Field.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

I haven't been to his restaurant, but I bought his bbq sauce at Buccees to try it. It's horrible.
Posted By: TLew

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 08:56 PM

Tender is fantastic. Personally, I prefer the original location which is in Celina
Posted By: TCM3

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 09:05 PM

Never heard of this place before, stopped by Tender Smokehouse in Frisco for lunch yeasterday. They have a sandwich called "El Jefe"...damn it was good. Menu is simple and their prices are fair.

Tender Smokehouse

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Judd

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 09:41 PM

We've had this many posts on a BBQ thread and no mention of 407...come on fellas, do better wink
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 09:45 PM

Hutchins was the best I had in DFW. Nothing was close. Never tried 407.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
We've had this many posts on a BBQ thread and no mention of 407...come on fellas, do better wink

I wasn't sure what the intended point of the thread was, so I just simply commented on already mentioned restaurants instead of adding my own. But +1 for 407, that's my #1 so far. It's about 45 minutes away from me, and I drive past countless other BBQ joints to get to it, but I'll still pick 407 anytime I want BBQ.
Posted By: hybridhunter219

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 09:53 PM

Hurtado's in Arlington is now #1 for me.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 10:23 PM

It's good, but a long way away.
Posted By: MBTECH85

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 10:46 PM

Highly recommend 407 BBQ for some amazing food. The owner is a standup guy as well.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by hybridhunter219

I agree. It was worth waiting in line for.

407 is very very good, and it is conveniently located next to the gun range I shoot at rifle

Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/08/21 11:26 PM

Railhead is always great. And they give Vets a nice discount.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 02:51 AM

I like 407. Tell them you are from THF and you get 10% off.

It has been a while since I was there, but assume it is still in effect.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 03:38 AM

Y’all need to get out more
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 03:43 AM

DFW area I like Hutchins and Smoke Sessions. Louis Muller in Taylor is my favorite.

I need to make it to 407 based on the feedback.

I tried Derek Allen’s in Fort Worth two weeks ago and won’t be going back. Wasn’t horrible BBQ, but the meat was pretty much flavorless and unremarkable.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 04:57 AM

Typically if I want BBQ, I just cook it myself. I used to be big on Hard 8, but the last time I went there, it was just OK. Lockharts used to be really good, but I haven't been there in ages. Cattleack was good last time I ate there, but that was almost 10 years ago. Being a BBQ snob sucks. Never can find good BBQ.
Posted By: texfork

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by hybridhunter219
Posted By: TLew

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 12:45 PM

I gotta say, I'm loving this. I brought up Tender before in the other section on dining in Texas, and everyone ignored it. It gets brought up here with a specific question in the OP, and most folks are ignoring it. I'd love to share the joy that my lips to colon experience but I'll certainly take a shorter line

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Being a BBQ snob sucks. Never can find good BBQ.

I can find good smoked meats, for me its finding good sides. I am in the minority on traditional sides, baked beans are overrated and I prefer a non mayo based dressing on slaw. The potato salads I have tried are usually pretty bland. But in general majority of these places who have really good smoked meats have just ok sides.

Again this is just me and I am in the minority, with how much it costs to eat these days please toss some more seasonings on the side dishes.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 12:58 PM

I like them McRibs when they come out in next month

https://mcriblocator.com/

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

Garbage food...will make you fat for sure!

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by TLew
I gotta say, I'm loving this. I brought up Tender before in the other section on dining in Texas, and everyone ignored it. It gets brought up here with a specific question in the OP, and most folks are ignoring it. I'd love to share the joy that my lips to colon experience but I'll certainly take a shorter line

I hear ya! Like I said when it comes to BBQ everyone's opinion is subjective. Lot's of other good places to visit and try.

BTW...Hard 8 sucks and is way over priced.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 02:34 PM

I hear ya! Like I said when it comes to BBQ everyone's opinion is subjective. Lot's of other good places to visit and try.

I was at a function at Hard 8 in Frisco. It was horrible. Walking through the smoke area as you enter is stupid.

I do like their Stephenville location.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

Garbage food...will make you fat for sure!

I eat about 4 every year they come out, and they are only out for about 40 days
Posted By: redchevy

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 03:00 PM

Great bbq is simple to me, meat salt pepper and cook accordingly. I much prefer to make and eat my own bbq or a few folks i know over eating it out because I generally think bbq is overpriced for what you get.

Even at my favorite places to eat bbq i have had off days etc.

Am I the only one who completely discounts what someone has to say when they say "it was just ok"
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 04:33 PM

I had the opportunity to try 407 several weeks ago and was very impressed with the brisket. I'm not a foodie but it was some of the best brisket I've had.
Posted By: flyfisherman

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

I haven't been to his restaurant, but I bought his bbq sauce at Buccees to try it. It's horrible.

Heim is below average at best, and the parking is a nightmare if you go during peak hours.
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/09/21 08:33 PM

Really surprised no one has mentioned Dayne's. Really good BBQ and sides

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/10/21 12:20 AM

I honestly don't go to a BBQ place to eat the sides. I don't even put sauce on mine.

That would be like going to a burger place for the french fries.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/10/21 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by LeonCarr
I honestly don't go to a BBQ place to eat the sides. I don't even put sauce on mine.

That would be like going to a burger place for the french fries.

The fries are equally important.
Posted By: Tritonman

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/10/21 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Big Fitz

I had the opportunity to try 407 several weeks ago and was very impressed with the brisket. I'm not a foodie but it was some of the best brisket I've had.

Personally I like the way you think banana

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/12/21 11:04 PM

Tender Smokehouse

[Linked Image]

They may get more catering if they spelled their email address correctly.
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/12/21 11:44 PM

IMO, Dickey's is the best. Especially their beans. A close second would be Red, Hot and Blue.
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 12:19 AM

Went to Cattleack last week, very tasty.

[Linked Image]

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Homer Jay
IMO, Dickey's is the best. Especially their beans. A close second would be Red, Hot and Blue.

Really Dickeys? WTF? Garbage BBQ.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 01:01 AM

Yep. Bottom of the barrel.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 02:11 AM

Perhaps the mods could install a sarcasm font because it is obviously lost on some of you.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I am going to try QuickTrip's bbq sandwich and I expect it will be better than Dicky's.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 02:18 AM

Perhaps the mods could install a sarcasm font because it is obviously lost on some of you.

Use GREEN as the font color and most of us will get it.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Gravytrain

I am going to try QuickTrip's bbq sandwich and I expect it will be better than Dicky's.

You'll be correct on that one.

I had a smoked sausage sandwich from the Bucee's in Madisonville a couple of Christmases ago and it was actually pretty OK. Of course I was famished at the time so anything would have tasted good.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 03:52 AM

Use GREEN as the font color and most of us will get it.

Aha! I did not know that. Thank you, sir.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by drag13honda

I wasn't sure what the intended point of the thread was, so I just simply commented on already mentioned restaurants instead of adding my own. But +1 for 407, that's my #1 so far. It's about 45 minutes away from me, and I drive past countless other BBQ joints to get to it, but I'll still pick 407 anytime I want BBQ.

This ^^^^
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 12:37 PM

Man so many good BBQ joints in North Texas Now. Some great ones have already been mentioned, but my favorites that haven't haven't been mentioned are Dayne's in Fort Worth and Zavala's in Grand Prairie.

I have a small YouTube channel where I "review" bbq joints and I have a pretty big DFW playlist including a lot mentioned here. Bowers Barbecue
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 12:42 PM

I haven't been there in years, but it used to be really good. I keep saying i need to go back and try it again, but haven't yet.

Goldees just opened in February of 2020, might be thinking of another joint. It's for sure a fantastic bbq joint. The owners are all in their early 20's, but know their stuff. Many have worked in joints like Franklin, Valentina's and Terry Blacks before starting their own place.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 01:25 PM

I made it to Goldees on Saturday. Got there about 11:45. Line was about 30-45 minutes. They were giving free beer to those waiting in line. Everyone there is super friendly. You can see the pits and them working while you're in line. They are happy to let you come in the pit area and show you the process and all the meat that is currently on the pit.

BBQ. Got brisket, ribs, turkey, sausage. It was fantastic. Super tender brisket and ribs with great flavor. I didn't try the turkey. Wife said it was awesome. They have 3 sausages. regular, jalapeno and cheese and spicy. I ordered the regular and jalapeno. The meat slicer guy have me a link of spicy at no extra charge to try out. All 3 were some of if not the best sausage I've had.

Sides. Cheese grits, slaw, potato salad. Grits were great, potato salad was really good. Slaw was just ok.

They bake their own bread and it's damn good.

They also have beef ribs on Saturday's.

I give it an A+ and will be back.

[Linked Image]

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 01:39 PM

I made it to Goldees on Saturday. Got there about 11:45. Line was about 30-45 minutes. They were giving free beer to those waiting in line. Everyone there is super friendly. You can see the pits and them working while you're in line. They are happy to let you come in the pit area and show you the process and all the meat that is currently on the pit.

BBQ. Got brisket, ribs, turkey, sausage. It was fantastic. Super tender brisket and ribs with great flavor. I didn't try the turkey. Wife said it was awesome. They have 3 sausages. regular, jalapeno and cheese and spicy. I ordered the regular and jalapeno. The meat slicer guy have me a link of spicy at no extra charge to try out. All 3 were some of if not the best sausage I've had.

Sides. Cheese grits, slaw, potato salad. Grits were great, potato salad was really good. Slaw was just ok.

[Linked Image]

Real nice, see grits is something you don't really ever see as a side option at a bbq place.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 02:11 PM

[Linked Image]

Good looking groceries there.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

[Linked Image]

Real nice, see grits is something you don't really ever see as a side option at a bbq place.

Their grits are really good. The only ones I have had that were better was Flore's before he left town. Damn they were good but then so was his Q

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by GunsUp18

Goldees just opened in February of 2020, might be thinking of another joint. It's for sure a fantastic bbq joint. The owners are all in their early 20's, but know their stuff. Many have worked in joints like Franklin, Valentina's and Terry Blacks before starting their own place.

Good to know, thanks for letting me know. There used to be an old BBQ joint out that way that I've had before. I'll have to check into it to see if it's a different location or if Goldees is in the building of the old one. Either way, now that I know it's relatively new, there's even more reason to go check it out.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/13/21 10:06 PM

[Linked Image]

I am going to guess $45 for that tray.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 09/14/21 09:20 PM

[Linked Image]

I am going to guess $45 for that tray.

Probably pretty close
cheers
Posted By: boliverpete

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/15/21 10:34 PM

Dayne's is my #1, and I've been to most of bbq places in DFW, getting harder to get in there before he's sold out.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/15/21 10:47 PM

Try RL Harris on 35 in Red Oak sometime.

I had a sliced brisket sandwich from there yesterday that was holy smoky.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/15/21 11:39 PM

Personally, Railhead is my favorite in Fort Worth. notable others are Hickory stick, off the bone and Cousins.

I will give you three out of four Bob lol. Hickory Stick, Off The Bone, and Cousins are all excellent.

I personally think Railhead is overrated, every time I have had the brisket it has been dry and tough. The Railhead in Willow Park IMO is actually better than the one on Montgomery St, but someone needs to teach them how to cut brisket against the grain. We eat it all the time because my TCU grad wife loves it.

Hurtado's in Arlington, 407 in Argyle, and to be honest the Spring Creek BBQ on Cooper St in Arlington (I have been eating there almost weekly for almost 13 years and have never had a bad meal there) are my top three North Texas BBQ Joints. I have not tried Goldee's yet but it is supposed to be Da Bomb.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Try RL Harris on 35 in Red Oak sometime.

I had a sliced brisket sandwich from there yesterday that was holy smoky.

I used to go when he was in Waxahachie. Really good. He probably has the best pulled pork that I've had.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 12:37 AM

I will give you three out of four Bob lol. Hickory Stick, Off The Bone, and Cousins are all excellent.

I personally think Railhead is overrated, every time I have had the brisket it has been dry and tough. The Railhead in Willow Park IMO is actually better than the one on Montgomery St, but someone needs to teach them how to cut brisket against the grain. We eat it all the time because my TCU grad wife loves it.

Hurtado's in Arlington, 407 in Argyle, and to be honest the Spring Creek BBQ on Cooper St in Arlington (I have been eating there almost weekly for almost 13 years and have never had a bad meal there) are my top three North Texas BBQ Joints. I have not tried Goldee's yet but it is supposed to be Da Bomb.

I'm not much of a brisket fan. For me its all about the ribs. I agree with spring creek, I love their ribs!
Posted By: GNTX

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 01:28 AM

Agreed. Went to The Colony location once. That was enough for me
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 01:58 AM

Pit Stop in Breckenridge has disappointed me more than once. Hard 8 in Stephenville was ok as was Natty Flat Smokehouse in Mineral Wells.
Posted By: 83mvp

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 02:17 AM

407 for me here in the metromess. They have never disappointed. If I’m in Lubbock visiting my son at Tech, Evie Mae’s gets my money. Both are outstanding.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 11:47 AM

Dang dude, you need to get out more. Dickeys?? It will suffice in a pinch but darn sure not going out of my way. Soft serve cone is the best thing they have going for them.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Davis300

Dang dude, you need to get out more. Dickeys?? It will suffice in a pinch but darn sure not going out of my way. Soft serve cone is the best thing they have going for them.

I get out plenty. Nope, hard pass. $1.50 hot dog from Costco is better than that chit!
Posted By: Papa Stan

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 04:45 PM

Yep 407 is among the best. up
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 04:51 PM

Now I’m hungry. Think I’m going to meatsuanywhere..
Posted By: dkershen

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 06:11 PM

407BBQ is the gold standard in NTX. In fact I'm going to grab a late lunch there today. Goldee's does look promising, but hard for me to drive past the best to try something else. I was in Lockhart a few weeks back and Black's isn't what it used to be. Pedestrian BBQ now IMO.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 06:26 PM

I'm not much of a brisket fan. For me its all about the ribs. I agree with spring creek, I love their ribs!

I knew there was something strange about you.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

I knew there was something strange about you.

I'm an okie. we like pork.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 06:40 PM

Take a drive up to Muenster for some sausages this Christmas and stop in at Dieter Bros. in Lindsay. They are more of a bbq restaurant type if that makes sense. Good bbq and sides, onion rings are the bomb. They also do steaks, burgers, CFS and other stuff besides bbq.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

6/10 on the ribs and 5/10 on cobbler
Posted By: garrett

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 07:22 PM

you need to come see me this weekend for ribs
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 08:58 PM

It's not N Texas but City Meat Market in Giddings is pretty good.

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by garrett

you need to come see me this weekend for ribs

Ol’ son!!!!!!!

I wish man!!! Daughter is fired up to kill a buck, or I’d be there and we could go hunt the coast!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/16/21 11:43 PM

407 has ruined me , I won’t even eat bbq anywhere else
Posted By: jdh78

Re: North TX BBQ Joint(s) - 12/17/21 04:00 AM

I will admit I don’t get out much but would like to think I know good bbq. Zavalas in Grand Prairie is worth a try. Not an upscale location of thats a deal to anyone, and a bit unique. You can get a chopped beef taco with pico on the side called the Sloppy Juan. The meat is cooked wonderfully and their sausage is great
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum