Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Grown men do cry..... #8476261 12/15/21 05:44 AM
CodeEnforcer Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Just another interesting night with random customer service people. I spent 15 years in customer service kissing butt, so not sure why I receive this disdain attitude from agents for corporate companies. Just for the record, FYI, I have 3 female friends I keep in contact with that possibly were met with this avenue, Jamaica, Phillipines, and the UK. I seem to be a little bit of a flirt, but honestly I learned after all those years anger doesn't help much. Saying that, pretty hard to control if someone insults my intelligence.

Long story short, I ordered a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper when they were having some sale. Probably came out to .50 can and prime shipping, etc. I believe after tax was like 18 bucks. The issue was they show it was delivered twice, and after searching, asking neighbors, etc. the nectar was not located. Well I randomly get a notification this evening, and its for nonfulfilled order, turns out to be DP, and basically says the inventory amount was an error, 3rd party seller, etc, etc, blah blah. Yet, instead of saying they lost it, just kept dragging it out, every time. Honestly kind of forgot about it, till phone went off. Sooo...

I call customer service, and soon as he answered I said "Listen this is not your fault, but I need to explain why I am upset, and so on"

Turns out they never had any, even before order, (3rd party seller) So I automatically assumed they were sitting on my 20 bucks and investing it, after 2-3 weeks and then it says I can have my money back in 5-7 days. Admittedly, I kind of get stern and even though I keep informing him he is not at fault, but you can tell, this is wearing on him. He offers $10 dollars to rectify the situation which even makes me more mad. But, then when he said he was trying and all he could do, the tone just hit me wrong. I could feel it.

I asked where he was at/from. India. He had a family, couple kids, he wouldn't admit the poor salary and bus trips to work, but he never said no.

Then I asked him if he was happy. He didn't really know how to respond, and I said "when you wake up in the morning, by the time you get to the bathroom mirror and look at yourself are you smiling?"

He asked "do you?"

"Nope, but I feel like I am getting closer, maybe one day."

He admitted he didn't like what he saw in the mirror, and you could tell in his voice, he felt like he had failed.

I said, "Listen man, cancel the order, I dont care about the money, but I want you to promise me that from this moment on, you will work on creating a life that makes you happy. I am not telling you to quit your job right now, provide for your family, but I want you to be confident in the fact that your children, after you pass, will remember your smile, and not your stress or burdens."

We spent 15 minutes talking back and forth about our situations, not financial details, or burdens, etc. But just things that made us smile, it was actually almost rewarding to me. It felt like no one had ever really cared weather or not he was happy, they just cared about how his decisions effected their outcome at his expense.

At the end, you could tell he was chocked up, he said "I want to tell you, not as an Amazon employee, but as a friend, thank you." And he kept saying it and started weeping, and I am not going to lie, I felt like I got some sawdust in my eyes as well. I told him that "He now knew my personal email, to write it down, and if he ever needed to talk, I would listen." Then we said good byes, no survey, no did I meet all your expectations today, etc. Just a somber, honest, good bye. It felt like the way he said it, he wanted to be happy again.

I am sure the holidays get in our feelings, stress, etc. and I will be the first to admit I have a horrible disdain for rude customer service agents. But, the 24 pack of Dr. Pepper I will never receive might actually of made him walk through his door when he got home from work, with a huge smile, and hugged his kids, and he knew he had to control his outcome.

Or he got more depressed and I completely ruined his life bang confused2

- On a side not, see BigFootWallace, you can still cry and ride go karts if you want to even when you are grown up. Also, I am 37 and 2 months old, so I am elder, show some respect around here. And if you need someone to talk to, well, apologize and then I am always here to help. cheers up

Everything you ever wanted is on the other side of fear.......
Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476264 12/15/21 05:53 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Maybe he just found out he was pregnant and unsure who the mother is?

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: scalebuster] #8476272 12/15/21 06:07 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by scalebuster
Maybe he just found out he was pregnant and unsure who the mother is?

Or worse:

[Linked Image]

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476275 12/15/21 06:10 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by CodeEnforcer
Just another interesting night with random customer service people. I spent 15 years in customer service kissing butt, so not sure why I receive this disdain attitude from agents for corporate companies. Just for the record, FYI, I have 3 female friends I keep in contact with that possibly were met with this avenue, Jamaica, Phillipines, and the UK. I seem to be a little bit of a flirt, but honestly I learned after all those years anger doesn't help much. Saying that, pretty hard to control if someone insults my intelligence.

Long story short, I ordered a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper when they were having some sale. Probably came out to .50 can and prime shipping, etc. I believe after tax was like 18 bucks. The issue was they show it was delivered twice, and after searching, asking neighbors, etc. the nectar was not located. Well I randomly get a notification this evening, and its for nonfulfilled order, turns out to be DP, and basically says the inventory amount was an error, 3rd party seller, etc, etc, blah blah. Yet, instead of saying they lost it, just kept dragging it out, every time. Honestly kind of forgot about it, till phone went off. Sooo...

I call customer service, and soon as he answered I said "Listen this is not your fault, but I need to explain why I am upset, and so on"

Turns out they never had any, even before order, (3rd party seller) So I automatically assumed they were sitting on my 20 bucks and investing it, after 2-3 weeks and then it says I can have my money back in 5-7 days. Admittedly, I kind of get stern and even though I keep informing him he is not at fault, but you can tell, this is wearing on him. He offers $10 dollars to rectify the situation which even makes me more mad. But, then when he said he was trying and all he could do, the tone just hit me wrong. I could feel it.

I asked where he was at/from. India. He had a family, couple kids, he wouldn't admit the poor salary and bus trips to work, but he never said no.

Then I asked him if he was happy. He didn't really know how to respond, and I said "when you wake up in the morning, by the time you get to the bathroom mirror and look at yourself are you smiling?"

He asked "do you?"

He admitted he didn't like what he saw in the mirror, and you could tell in his voice, he felt like he had failed.

I said, "Listen man, cancel the order, I dont care about the money, but I want you to promise me that from this moment on, you will work on creating a life that makes you happy. I am not telling you to quit your job right now, provide for your family, but I want you to be confident in the fact that your children, after you pass, will remember your smile, and not your stress or burdens."

We spent 15 minutes talking back and forth about our situations, not financial details, or burdens, etc. But just things that made us smile, it was actually almost rewarding to me. It felt like no one had ever really cared weather or not he was happy, they just cared about how his decisions effected their outcome at his expense.

At the end, you could tell he was chocked up, he said "I want to tell you, not as an Amazon employee, but as a friend, thank you." And he kept saying it and started weeping, and I am not going to lie, I felt like I got some sawdust in my eyes as well. I told him that "He now knew my personal email, to write it down, and if he ever needed to talk, I would listen." Then we said good byes, no survey, no did I meet all your expectations today, etc. Just a somber, honest, good bye. It felt like the way he said it, he wanted to be happy again.

I am sure the holidays get in our feelings, stress, etc. and I will be the first to admit I have a horrible disdain for rude customer service agents. But, the 24 pack of Dr. Pepper I will never receive might actually of made him walk through his door when he got home from work, with a huge smile, and hugged his kids, and he knew he had to control his outcome.

- On a side not, see BigFootWallace, you can still cry and ride go karts if you want to even when you are grown up. Also, I am 37 and 2 months old, so I am elder, show some respect around here. And if you need someone to talk to, well, apologize and then I am always here to help. cheers up

This is just bizarre.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476295 12/15/21 06:57 AM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I'd just go with the Tom Mabe approach

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476306 12/15/21 11:09 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I drink one with my breakfast every morning.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476318 12/15/21 11:45 AM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
This is exactly why folks should stick to root beer when ordering from amazon indians...

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: PappawRock] #8476323 12/15/21 11:53 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
wtf

reads like a hallmark/tom hanks movie script

rofl

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476326 12/15/21 11:54 AM
TX_LT230FH Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by CodeEnforcer

He asked "do you?"

Why didn't you just drive to Kroger? My Kroger has a crapload of Dr Pepper.

[Linked Image]
Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476336 12/15/21 12:18 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Breaking News:

Indian customer service agent commits suicide after call with customer.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: Grizz] #8476370 12/15/21 01:04 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Grizz
Breaking News:

roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: fadetoblack64] #8476377 12/15/21 01:10 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by fadetoblack64
wtf

reads like a hallmark/tom hanks movie script

rofl

up

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: Grizz] #8476379 12/15/21 01:14 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Grizz
Breaking News:

roflmao

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476435 12/15/21 02:17 PM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
I think this might be my very first ever - - - - -

popcorn

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476439 12/15/21 02:20 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
I read the first paragraph and that was one paragraph to many loco

texas flag

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476447 12/15/21 02:22 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
popcorn

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476453 12/15/21 02:26 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
This guy reminds me of another poster here.

Father would say he has diarrhea of the mouth.

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: Stub] #8476477 12/15/21 02:48 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Stub
I read the first paragraph and that was one paragraph to many loco

My reading comprehension levels must have dropped drastically overnight because I have no idea what exactly I read.

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476479 12/15/21 02:54 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I never would have guessed you were in your 30's. You remind me of colt or bill

Makes me wonder if this is one of those AI bots that carry on conversations. Who the hell says 37 years and 2 months? JP may want to look into being hacked again

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476487 12/15/21 03:01 PM
M
MBradford Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just go to the corner Kwiki-Mart and buy Dr. Pepper from the Indian there?

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476493 12/15/21 03:08 PM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I didn't even read OP's post, but I read all the responses. Maybe OP and Oxner should develop a friendship offline and forget about THF.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476512 12/15/21 03:26 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I read long enough to know that this entire story was about Dr. pepper and I know that I did not care about Dr Pepper enough to read that much. I’ve buried loved ones with less words.

Anything that long better be funny or have a very good point

Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476521 12/15/21 03:32 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
I have started 3 different comments to this thread, but all seem to end harshly with Alanis Morissette references. So, will just say, let's get back to hunting.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: ducknbass] #8476569 12/15/21 04:09 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by ducknbass
I read long enough to know that this entire story was about Dr. pepper and I know that I did not care about Dr Pepper enough to read that much. I’ve buried loved ones with less words.

Anything that long better be funny or have a very good point

But are you happy....I mean really happy? rofl

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Grown men do cry..... [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8476578 12/15/21 04:25 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
You should be the official THF counselor, you can start with duckandbass.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide