Forums46
Topics538,678
Posts9,739,975
Members87,103
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hyaluronic acid knee joint injection [Re: whitewing maniac] #7918933 07/30/20 11:52 PM
P
Papa Stan Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Knee replacement in 2015 at the the age of 65 was one of my better decisions.

Re: Hyaluronic acid knee joint injection [Re: whitewing maniac] #7919287 07/31/20 01:04 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I was hoping for some relief from the injection after 2 days. Dr failed to tell me it takes 4-8 weeks for it to kick in.
WTH?

Re: Hyaluronic acid knee joint injection [Re: Jimbo1] #7919330 07/31/20 01:54 PM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
I have the same left knee problem. Cortisone shot 6 months or so ago helped greatly. Just last week started going south again. Probably try one more shot and then get the knee replacement after deer season when I retire.

I had cortisone injections twice with disappointing results in my early 50's. My orthopedist suggested another drug which was a round of injections(3 injections something like~ 3mths apart). I had to go buy it as he did not stock it and the phamacy had to order it(~ $600 per shot). I don't remember what it was called but it worked.

Make America Great Again

Re: Hyaluronic acid knee joint injection [Re: Jimbo1] #7919369 07/31/20 02:31 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
I have the same left knee problem. Cortisone shot 6 months or so ago helped greatly. Just last week started going south again. Probably try one more shot and then get the knee replacement after deer season when I retire.

Yep, I have been taking injections but my Dr. Ortho says both knees need replacement. Waiting till maybe january . I have to lose 60# before my guy would touch my, to much chance of a bad recovery, infection, and just plain dying on his table. So, I'm almost there just need to lose 16 more lbs.
Gonna be hard with holidays and hunting season.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Hyaluronic acid knee joint injection [Re: whitewing maniac] #7919747 07/31/20 09:02 PM
I
INRUT Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I
I was doing cortisone shots for about three years until they would no longer work for me. Then I moved on to the Jell shots they work for about two months. I was bone on bone then I pulled the trigger because I could not do it any longer. Had both knees replaced May 15th. 2019. Sure wish I had not waited so long. 59 years old.
I feel like a new person, albeit I can not run near as fast as I use too.

Re: Hyaluronic acid knee joint injection [Re: INRUT] #7919786 07/31/20 09:43 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by INRUT
I was doing cortisone shots for about three years until they would no longer work for me. Then I moved on to the Jell shots they work for about two months. I was bone on bone then I pulled the trigger because I could not do it any longer. Had both knees replaced May 15th. 2019. Sure wish I had not waited so long. 59 years old.

you had both done at the same time? how was recovery. really

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Hyaluronic acid knee joint injection [Re: Buzzsaw] #7919828 07/31/20 10:38 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by INRUT

you had both done at the same time? how was recovery. really

My mom had both hers down same time, walked out on her own, only took pain pills while in the hospital. PT was rough but she now fishes everyday.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Hyaluronic acid knee joint injection [Re: whitewing maniac] #8421495 10/17/21 08:38 PM
L
lenemax Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
When I was younger, I had trauma to both legs from falling out of a tree. My doctor said that I don't need a knee injection, but I have to wear a walking boot on one leg and a knee brace on another. It was a disaster, I had to wear them for HOURS. As a kid, I couldn't even walk properly. But I've moved on after a couple of weeks. Anyway, I didn't even know there was a knee replacement, and I'm glad I didn't need it then. I hope that you're feeling better now and didn't need that intervention cause it really sounds scary.

Last edited by lenemax; 10/17/21 08:40 PM.
Re: Hyaluronic acid knee joint injection [Re: whitewing maniac] #8422245 10/18/21 02:36 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted by whitewing maniac
Just had one of these injections in my knee yesterday. I've got a pretty good case of osteoarthritis, no cartilage in the inside knee joint and a torn meniscus.
Anyone had this injection before, did it work, how long, and when did you start feeling relief after injection, if any?
If this don't work, then I guess the only other option is knee replacement, which kinda scares the heck out of me.

I got these shots in both knees for several years. Doc tells me eventually I will need at least one new knee, but thought this might prolong the inevitable. They worked for me - I got them about every 6 months over a 4 - 5 year period and I could definitely tell the difference. I have zero meniscus in left knee and tear in right - mostly bone on bone. I could tell when time to schedule for next round when the pain would interrupt my sleep. Unfortunately, the only place I could find giving the shots was in Dallas and I live in Fort Worth, and each series of shots was 3x, so that meant three trips to Dallas every few months. Then insurance said that they would no longer pay for both knees on same appointment, so three trips turned to 6. I can't take that much time driving, so kind of just faded out.

My GP recommended Turmeric as a joint supplement, and it seems to work too. Not to the same level as the injections, but good enough that I get by. For me, too many stairs or any level of jogging/running will set me back. I try to limit stairs, and not hard to keep me from jogging! Walking doesn't cause near the problems, so I walk nightly for activity.

Good luck - I think it works and hope it provides some relief.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Hyaluronic acid knee joint injection [Re: whitewing maniac] #8422350 10/18/21 03:49 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Shots are all temporary.
If you not getting any relief or it's short lived and you are bone on bone then it's probably time for a new knee.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide