B
I see one as often as I can. [Linked Image]

Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Stub] #8411009 10/08/21 07:17 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
Originally Posted by Stub
Did any of y'all do LSD in the 60 & 70's confused2 bolt

No, but i did a bunch in the late 80's and early 90's.

Last edited by CCBIRDDOGMAN; 10/08/21 07:18 PM.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8411023 10/08/21 07:27 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
2008 I was staying alone with my dog in a 100+ year old Forest Service Guard Station in Colorado. I had one night there where every time I fell asleep something would happen. Once it sounded like someone tapping on a window by me. It was loud and almost had a personable rhythm. There was no one there. I thought there must have been a tree limb tapping it in the wind, but looked outside and there were no limbs and it was a still night. This happened twice and would go away the moment I looked out the window. I was brushing it off as a critter perhaps. Then I fell asleep again and my alarm clock fell over rather loud. Loud enough to wake me up. No reason for it to fall. Never done that before. Then it got worse. Once asleep again, a chair by my bed scooted across the floor. It moved a good ways and was loud. I was very tired and did go back to sleep thinking there must be some explanation that I would figure out in the morning. Then again woke up from something big that slammed into the front door. I thought someone tried to kick it in. The head of the bed was right by it, I had already got the gun near because of the earlier stuff, and I got the door open fast, there was nothing there. Still I guessed it must have been a Cow or even a Moose. Both were in the area of the cabin. Something big had urinated just out the front door that night, because it smelled like a rodeo chute right there the next morning. Took me a while to get back to sleep that night and nothing else happened as far as I know. I don't believe in Ghosts, but I have no explanation on the chair scooting. It was not the Dog either. Nothing happened the next and last night in the cabin.

Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Sniper John] #8411095 10/08/21 08:41 PM
G
Grit Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Sniper John
2008 I was staying alone with my dog in a 100+ year old Forest Service Guard Station in Colorado. I had one night there where every time I fell asleep something would happen. Once it sounded like someone tapping on a window by me. It was loud and almost had a personable rhythm. There was no one there. I thought there must have been a tree limb tapping it in the wind, but looked outside and there were no limbs and it was a still night. This happened twice and would go away the moment I looked out the window. I was brushing it off as a critter perhaps. Then I fell asleep again and my alarm clock fell over rather loud. Loud enough to wake me up. No reason for it to fall. Never done that before. Then it got worse. Once asleep again, a chair by my bed scooted across the floor. It moved a good ways and was loud. I was very tired and did go back to sleep thinking there must be some explanation that I would figure out in the morning. Then again woke up from something big that slammed into the front door. I thought someone tried to kick it in. The head of the bed was right by it, I had already got the gun near because of the earlier stuff, and I got the door open fast, there was nothing there. Still I guessed it must have been a Cow or even a Moose. Both were in the area of the cabin. Something big had urinated just out the front door that night, because it smelled like a rodeo chute right there the next morning. Took me a while to get back to sleep that night and nothing else happened as far as I know. I don't believe in Ghosts, but I have no explanation on the chair scooting. It was not the Dog either. Nothing happened the next and last night in the cabin.

Sounds like something was trying to get your attention. You didn't acknowledge that something was there and didn't show fear so the activity subsided. Just a guess, of course. Many spirits feed off of fear. It can make them stronger. Especially the not so good ones.

I appreciate all of you pitching in and telling your stories. I like to hear what others have experienced.

Garrett
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8411102 10/08/21 09:03 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I'll testify that I've said more than one prayer asking the Creator to remove any evil spirits from a dwelling I'm in, or have taken possession of. Unbelievers will scoff, but my pastor has whole-heartedly agreed with me. We have been given that power as believers. 'Faith of a mustard seed. up

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8411121 10/08/21 09:17 PM
C
Catperch Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
C
Yessiree

Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Sailor] #8411171 10/08/21 09:52 PM
G
Grit Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Sailor
worthless

That's a mighty tall order!
grin

Garrett
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8411236 10/08/21 11:24 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I love it when people say they don’t believe in ghosts and then tell a story of a chair sliding across a room seemingly in its own. A draft ain’t doing that bud

So by the process of elimination what else would it have been?

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8411356 10/09/21 02:14 AM
G
Grit Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
I'll tell you right now, you don't know true fear until you've come across a ghost or entity intent on doing you real harm. You can't imagine what it's like laying in bed so frightened that you're unable to even move. It's like a heavy weight on your chest. The air is thick and it's hard to breathe.

I have never been one to scare easily, but these things will change you forever. I know not everyone will experience negative things, but those that have, know what I'm talking about.

Garrett
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8411391 10/09/21 03:14 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Grit
I'll tell you right now, you don't know true fear until you've come across a ghost or entity intent on doing you real harm. You can't imagine what it's like laying in bed so frightened that you're unable to even move. It's like a heavy weight on your chest. The air is thick and it's hard to breathe.

I have never been one to scare easily, but these things will change you forever. I know not everyone will experience negative things, but those that have, know what I'm talking about.

100%. When I tell people about my story about the rent house they commonly say “ man I would like to see one one day”. My response is always “ No, you really don’t”

Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8411426 10/09/21 05:15 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Sometimes I joke or make silly posts. This is not one of those times.

In our Bedford home we bought used, built in the 1960s, myself, daughter and ex-mother in law would get a glimpse of an entity. It was like a human shaped aura. Ex-wife never saw it. Lived there about 21 years.

It or something associated would poke me in the back or back of the neck when I was on the computer or watching TV typically later at night. Usually with everyone else asleep. It was enough to startle you, make you jump up and think what the heck, looking for someone behind you. It only occurred when at home. After moving from that house, I never had another experience.

It was not scary but I’d rather not have such a thing happen ever again. I cannot explain what it was but it didn’t seem like something in my imagination. As an educated person of science I can understand how the human mind can play tricks on you. But I believe it was something else.

To be determined
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: txtrophy85] #8411427 10/09/21 05:18 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

100%. When I tell people about my story about the rent house they commonly say “ man I would like to see one one day”. My response is always “ No, you really don’t”

100% confirm “No you really don’t”.

To be determined
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8411480 10/09/21 12:52 PM
S
seacam Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
S
Many years ago I had an encounter that still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I was a cable installer and a customer had requested an outlet be placed in her kitchen. She was standing to my left talking to me while I was working. I heard a small child come into the kitchen to my right and run thru the kitchen towards “mom” I thought. I was wearing a tool belt and am not a small guy, so I scooted up against the counter to give the child room to get to mom. It rain directly behind me, then stopped. I turned to look at the customer and her eyes were huge and she was white as a sheet. Her exact words were “Oh my god, you heard that too?” I asked you don’t have a small child here? She said no. Her daughter was in high school and at school that day. But here daughter had told her she has heard a little girl crying late at night. The customer begged me not to say anything to her daughter about it if she came home.
I told this story to my mom at church shortly after. She told me I should have turned around squatted down, held out my arms and asked what’s wrong baby? My brother was there and said yeah what’s he going to do when something jumps in his arms and starts wiggling around?
Fast forward to a week or so later. I get another order for the same address. The husband didn’t like the cable exposed on the house and anted it fished thru the attic and the wall. Me being the big grownup I was said sure. Attic access to as on the car end of the house from the kitchen and on other side of a vaulted ceiling with only 1 light in the attic by the entrance. Put on my head light and started across the attic. Got over above the kitchen and had to crawl across the rafters to reach the eave of the house to get my cable. I’m laying flat out across a couple of rafters when my head light goes off. It doesn’t dim, flicker or anything. It just goes black. Then a slight coolness in the attic. Had something touched me I was going thru the ceiling into the kitchen no matter what. I slowly eased my hand towards my head and was juggling and wiggling and clicking the on/off on my light for what seemed like an eternity. It suddenly came back on and I frantically scanned that attic for something. I didn’t see a thing. Got out of the attic and finished up so I could leave. I spoke with the housekeeper as I was leaving and asked her about it. She crossed herself and spoke a few words in Spanish and said yes there were spirits in that house.
Told my mom about it at church again. Her answer was “Why were you worried? You know little girls don’t get in attics”. My reply was , “I’m not worried about the little girl. I’m worried about whoever did whatever to her for her to still be there”.
Several years ago I was back in that town with my girl friend. I drove straight to that house and pointed it out. It had been more than 20 years since I was at that house. But I will always remember it.

Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8411521 10/09/21 01:52 PM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
If you sell a house I wonder if you have to report ghosts on the property disclosure report...

Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: seacam] #8411720 10/09/21 05:32 PM
G
Grit Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by seacam
Many years ago I had an encounter that still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I was a cable installer and a customer had requested an outlet be placed in her kitchen. She was standing to my left talking to me while I was working. I heard a small child come into the kitchen to my right and run thru the kitchen towards “mom” I thought. I was wearing a tool belt and am not a small guy, so I scooted up against the counter to give the child room to get to mom. It rain directly behind me, then stopped. I turned to look at the customer and her eyes were huge and she was white as a sheet. Her exact words were “Oh my god, you heard that too?” I asked you don’t have a small child here? She said no. Her daughter was in high school and at school that day. But here daughter had told her she has heard a little girl crying late at night. The customer begged me not to say anything to her daughter about it if she came home.
I told this story to my mom at church shortly after. She told me I should have turned around squatted down, held out my arms and asked what’s wrong baby? My brother was there and said yeah what’s he going to do when something jumps in his arms and starts wiggling around?
Fast forward to a week or so later. I get another order for the same address. The husband didn’t like the cable exposed on the house and anted it fished thru the attic and the wall. Me being the big grownup I was said sure. Attic access to as on the car end of the house from the kitchen and on other side of a vaulted ceiling with only 1 light in the attic by the entrance. Put on my head light and started across the attic. Got over above the kitchen and had to crawl across the rafters to reach the eave of the house to get my cable. I’m laying flat out across a couple of rafters when my head light goes off. It doesn’t dim, flicker or anything. It just goes black. Then a slight coolness in the attic. Had something touched me I was going thru the ceiling into the kitchen no matter what. I slowly eased my hand towards my head and was juggling and wiggling and clicking the on/off on my light for what seemed like an eternity. It suddenly came back on and I frantically scanned that attic for something. I didn’t see a thing. Got out of the attic and finished up so I could leave. I spoke with the housekeeper as I was leaving and asked her about it. She crossed herself and spoke a few words in Spanish and said yes there were spirits in that house.
Told my mom about it at church again. Her answer was “Why were you worried? You know little girls don’t get in attics”. My reply was , “I’m not worried about the little girl. I’m worried about whoever did whatever to her for her to still be there”.
Several years ago I was back in that town with my girl friend. I drove straight to that house and pointed it out. It had been more than 20 years since I was at that house. But I will always remember it.

That gave me chills. Thanks.... I think.

Garrett
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: PappawRock] #8411722 10/09/21 05:33 PM
G
Grit Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by PappawRock
If you sell a house I wonder if you have to report ghosts on the property disclosure report...

I think they're supposed to.

Garrett
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8412032 10/09/21 10:30 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Yes, if the house or property is known to be haunted you have to disclose it.

You also have to disclose an unnatural death if it occurred on the property.

Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8412129 10/10/21 12:15 AM
68A Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Enough said.

Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: txtrophy85] #8412130 10/10/21 12:16 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Yes, if the house or property is known to be haunted you have to disclose it.

You also have to disclose an unnatural death if it occurred on the property.

In Texas, there is nothing about the paranormal that must be disclosed. As far as deaths, only murders and deaths being caused by a condition of the property must be disclosed.

Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: 68A] #8412342 10/10/21 02:57 AM
G
Grit Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 68A

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Enough said.

I don't know what to say about that. confused2

Garrett
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8412371 10/10/21 03:26 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I won't go into details, but something happened shortly after my wife passed away that made me question what I do or do not believe. The logical part of my brain still struggles with it. I certainly won't write off anyone's stories as BS or active imaginations. Some of the things in this thread have actually given me chills.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grit] #8412372 10/10/21 03:27 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I had a pier and beam house years ago. My lab pup dug under a closed off portion under the porch and came out with what looked like long human hair attached to skin. I never looked and dumped concrete where he dug in. Sometimes it’s better not to know.

Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: Grizz] #8412382 10/10/21 03:31 AM
G
Grit Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Grizz
I won't go into details, but something happened shortly after my wife passed away that made me question what I do or do not believe. The logical part of my brain still struggles with it. I certainly won't write off anyone's stories as BS or active imaginations. Some of the things in this thread have actually given me chills.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Grizz. My condolences.

Garrett
Re: Ghostly Encounters [Re: scalebuster] #8412385 10/10/21 03:33 AM
G
Grit Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by scalebuster
I had a pier and beam house years ago. My lab pup dug under a closed off portion under the porch and came out with what looked like long human hair attached to skin. I never looked and dumped concrete where he dug in. Sometimes it’s better not to know.

Yeah, I wouldn't be digging that up.

Garrett
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide