Texas Hunting Forum

Ghostly Encounters

Posted By: Grit

Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 06:09 PM

Have any of you ever experienced a ghost or entity?

When I lived in Ardmore, my sister had a rent house my mother and I lived in when I was in HS. We were only there for a year, but it was a year I will never forget. I have never experienced anything like it before or since.

In short excerpts because I hate typing on this tablet. When we first moved in, one of the rooms was very cold. I knew I didn't want to be in that one. I chose the one at the end of the hall.

Have you ever felt like someone was behind you and you look to see someone is there? Well, same thing, but you look and no one is there. But you feel a presence.

Things placed on the deep kitchen counters would fall off onto the floor. We would place them all the way to the back of the counter, only to find that items had either moved on the counter or had fallen on the floor.

Showers were a nightmare for me. The water would go scalding hot and would burn me. I was terrified of closing my eyes just to rinse my hair. Again, I would feel a presence with me. This never happened to my mother.

At nights I would lay in my bed terrified of what lie on the other side of my door. My dog, who was outside, barked incessantly. One morning I woke to find all my dresser drawers pulled out and my clothes strewn all over the floor. No, I don't sleep walk and my mother never came into my room. I kept my door locked at night for fear of IT.

These things actually happened and it's hard for me to talk about. I would put it on par with someone experiencing a UFO encounter because if you've never experienced it for yourself, you would never believe it.

A couple of years back I did some research only to find that a couple of blocks (my street included) had once been a cemetery. They had moved it to another location.

Do not disturb those at rest!

Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 06:38 PM

Happy Halloween
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 06:38 PM

Very interesting.
I haven't but had a friend with similar experiences. They lived in a house in Kerens and there was the grave of a small girl on the property.
Doors opening, glass breaking (no broken glass found), footsteps on the stairs - nobody there, etc.

Pretty creepy.

Happy Halloween.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 06:47 PM

whistle
Posted By: Sailor

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 07:05 PM

Ya'll..... pass the pipe. Stop Bogarting.. bolt
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 07:09 PM

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/8216314

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 07:43 PM

Thanks. I didn't know another thread like it was out there or I would have just posted on it.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 08:11 PM

popcorn
Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 08:17 PM

The only ghost I have regular encounters with is the Holy Ghost.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 08:19 PM

Building inspector in Frisco swears we tore down a haunted house. Says he saw the ghost. Hope we didn’t pizz her off.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 08:21 PM

When I was going to SFA one Fraternity house we had for a while had a ghost.
The house was built at the turn of the 20th Century and the ghost was the spinster sister of the guy that built the house and looked after his kids. The guy we rented the house from told us about her and said she would be happy having a house full of guys to look after.
Stuff in the kitchen got moved around periodically, that was about it. .

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hunt Dog
The house was built at the turn of the 20th Century and the ghost was the spinster sister of the guy that built the house and looked after his kids. The guy we rented the house from told us about her and said she would be happy having a house full of guys to look after.

I seem to remember the show My Haunted House had a episode on a fraternity house, but the show featured young girls and their experience.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 09:39 PM

One of the oddest things I've ever seen happened to me a couple of years ago. I was at home alone, taking a shower and out of nowhere a quarter landed in the shower. It was at the other end of the shower, so it didn't fall off of me. Maybe it had been stuck to the ceiling (but why?) and chose that moment to let go. However it happened, I still haven't figured it out.
Posted By: Catperch

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/07/21 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hunt Dog

I absolutely lived in a haunted house in Nacogdoches while in college. My buddy warned me before I moved in. I'll spare the details, but we eventually all moved out.
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 01:53 AM

Ghost minnows is about it for me...
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 01:54 AM

Nope, never.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sailor
Ya'll..... pass the pipe. Stop Bogarting.. bolt

I saw some folks hitting a bong and it had a ghost swirling around in it right before the coughing started...
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 02:15 AM

I’ve seen things (people) that can’t be explained.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 03:03 AM

When Jesus appeared in the upper room, he said a spirit has no flesh or bones. He did not say there's no such things as spirits.
eek2
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 03:20 AM

I’ve had three encounters. One was similar to the OP’s, was in a rent house I lived in shortly after high school. Several instances took place but like thr OP it felt like something was always watching you, even in the dark. I eventually moved because of it. Saw a black cloud move across the room, cover up a light then keep moving. I found out lather thru the grapevine the previous owners were big into seances and oiuja parties were held in the living room.

The second instance was not scary but no doubt it was a ghost/spirit/ haint. But a guy died in the house so it’s plausible. 4 of us had experiences there mine by far was the most benign. One of the guys had a poop your pants experience and refused to go back in the house.

The third was at the Alamo. We were out one night and there was a few amateurs ghost hunters there. I was talking to one and he had an infrared camera, he was scanning inside the long barracks and then he tapped me and said “ hey, here is one”. It was a man sized figure but instead of being red yellow and orange it was blue, purple and green, which means it was cold. He scanned away and then back again and it was gone.

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 03:59 AM

This whole thread pisses me off. Y’all all know I’m afraid of little girl ghosts. I’m
Slightly afraid of the dark when walking to the blind. This thread is not helping.
Posted By: Sailor

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 08:03 AM

worthless

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
This whole thread pisses me off. Y’all all know I’m afraid of little girl ghosts. I’m
Slightly afraid of the dark when walking to the blind. This thread is not helping.

Then don't EVER move to Nacogdoches.

The most scared I have ever been was in high school. A buddy of mine lived beside an old grave sight of a little boy. One night, he saw a little boy sitting on his bed. After this he saw him several other times. He wouldn't tell his mom because he thought she wouldn't believe him. He finally sat her down and said "mom, I have something to tell you, but I'm afraid you will think I'm crazy," that's when she looked at him and asked you've seen him too haven't you? I tried staying over over there after this but couldn't get myself to. I was scared to death of ghost back then.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 11:15 AM

Did any of y'all do LSD in the 60 & 70's confused2 bolt

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 04:20 PM

Oh, I did forget about another experience I had while in a hunting camp of ours in Panola County. International Paper owned the land and we leased it from them.

We had a trailer set up there and in the back of the trailer was a small family cemetery plot. From what I remember there were two parents and two or three children. I think they were all pretty young when they passed. The last name was Black.

Anyway, we turned in one night and my boss had already fallen asleep. There was myself and a friend of mine up talking. All of a sudden there was a huge bang on the side of the trailer. Whatever it was, hit the trailer so hard it shook it. We both looked at each other like, WTF?

The next morning we got up and looked around expecting to see a big bird, huge branch or something that could have caused the trailer to shake like it did. There was nothing! There wasn't a dent, nothing was on the ground that could have hit it or anything. It was really creepy.

Maybe it was because I acknowledged that their graves were there and they were letting me know that they knew?

I'll never know.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

My dad might have in the 60s or 70s!!!! roflmao
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 06:46 PM

I see one as often as I can. [Linked Image]
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 07:17 PM

No, but i did a bunch in the late 80's and early 90's.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 07:27 PM

2008 I was staying alone with my dog in a 100+ year old Forest Service Guard Station in Colorado. I had one night there where every time I fell asleep something would happen. Once it sounded like someone tapping on a window by me. It was loud and almost had a personable rhythm. There was no one there. I thought there must have been a tree limb tapping it in the wind, but looked outside and there were no limbs and it was a still night. This happened twice and would go away the moment I looked out the window. I was brushing it off as a critter perhaps. Then I fell asleep again and my alarm clock fell over rather loud. Loud enough to wake me up. No reason for it to fall. Never done that before. Then it got worse. Once asleep again, a chair by my bed scooted across the floor. It moved a good ways and was loud. I was very tired and did go back to sleep thinking there must be some explanation that I would figure out in the morning. Then again woke up from something big that slammed into the front door. I thought someone tried to kick it in. The head of the bed was right by it, I had already got the gun near because of the earlier stuff, and I got the door open fast, there was nothing there. Still I guessed it must have been a Cow or even a Moose. Both were in the area of the cabin. Something big had urinated just out the front door that night, because it smelled like a rodeo chute right there the next morning. Took me a while to get back to sleep that night and nothing else happened as far as I know. I don't believe in Ghosts, but I have no explanation on the chair scooting. It was not the Dog either. Nothing happened the next and last night in the cabin.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper John
2008 I was staying alone with my dog in a 100+ year old Forest Service Guard Station in Colorado. I had one night there where every time I fell asleep something would happen. Once it sounded like someone tapping on a window by me. It was loud and almost had a personable rhythm. There was no one there. I thought there must have been a tree limb tapping it in the wind, but looked outside and there were no limbs and it was a still night. This happened twice and would go away the moment I looked out the window. I was brushing it off as a critter perhaps. Then I fell asleep again and my alarm clock fell over rather loud. Loud enough to wake me up. No reason for it to fall. Never done that before. Then it got worse. Once asleep again, a chair by my bed scooted across the floor. It moved a good ways and was loud. I was very tired and did go back to sleep thinking there must be some explanation that I would figure out in the morning. Then again woke up from something big that slammed into the front door. I thought someone tried to kick it in. The head of the bed was right by it, I had already got the gun near because of the earlier stuff, and I got the door open fast, there was nothing there. Still I guessed it must have been a Cow or even a Moose. Both were in the area of the cabin. Something big had urinated just out the front door that night, because it smelled like a rodeo chute right there the next morning. Took me a while to get back to sleep that night and nothing else happened as far as I know. I don't believe in Ghosts, but I have no explanation on the chair scooting. It was not the Dog either. Nothing happened the next and last night in the cabin.

Sounds like something was trying to get your attention. You didn't acknowledge that something was there and didn't show fear so the activity subsided. Just a guess, of course. Many spirits feed off of fear. It can make them stronger. Especially the not so good ones.

I appreciate all of you pitching in and telling your stories. I like to hear what others have experienced.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 09:03 PM

I'll testify that I've said more than one prayer asking the Creator to remove any evil spirits from a dwelling I'm in, or have taken possession of. Unbelievers will scoff, but my pastor has whole-heartedly agreed with me. We have been given that power as believers. 'Faith of a mustard seed. up

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 09:17 PM

Yessiree

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 09:52 PM

worthless

That's a mighty tall order!
grin

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/08/21 11:24 PM

I love it when people say they don’t believe in ghosts and then tell a story of a chair sliding across a room seemingly in its own. A draft ain’t doing that bud

So by the process of elimination what else would it have been?

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/09/21 02:14 AM

I'll tell you right now, you don't know true fear until you've come across a ghost or entity intent on doing you real harm. You can't imagine what it's like laying in bed so frightened that you're unable to even move. It's like a heavy weight on your chest. The air is thick and it's hard to breathe.

I have never been one to scare easily, but these things will change you forever. I know not everyone will experience negative things, but those that have, know what I'm talking about.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/09/21 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Grit
I'll tell you right now, you don't know true fear until you've come across a ghost or entity intent on doing you real harm. You can't imagine what it's like laying in bed so frightened that you're unable to even move. It's like a heavy weight on your chest. The air is thick and it's hard to breathe.

I have never been one to scare easily, but these things will change you forever. I know not everyone will experience negative things, but those that have, know what I'm talking about.

100%. When I tell people about my story about the rent house they commonly say “ man I would like to see one one day”. My response is always “ No, you really don’t”
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/09/21 05:15 AM

Sometimes I joke or make silly posts. This is not one of those times.

In our Bedford home we bought used, built in the 1960s, myself, daughter and ex-mother in law would get a glimpse of an entity. It was like a human shaped aura. Ex-wife never saw it. Lived there about 21 years.

It or something associated would poke me in the back or back of the neck when I was on the computer or watching TV typically later at night. Usually with everyone else asleep. It was enough to startle you, make you jump up and think what the heck, looking for someone behind you. It only occurred when at home. After moving from that house, I never had another experience.

It was not scary but I’d rather not have such a thing happen ever again. I cannot explain what it was but it didn’t seem like something in my imagination. As an educated person of science I can understand how the human mind can play tricks on you. But I believe it was something else.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/09/21 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

100%. When I tell people about my story about the rent house they commonly say “ man I would like to see one one day”. My response is always “ No, you really don’t”

100% confirm “No you really don’t”.
Posted By: seacam

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/09/21 12:52 PM

Many years ago I had an encounter that still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I was a cable installer and a customer had requested an outlet be placed in her kitchen. She was standing to my left talking to me while I was working. I heard a small child come into the kitchen to my right and run thru the kitchen towards “mom” I thought. I was wearing a tool belt and am not a small guy, so I scooted up against the counter to give the child room to get to mom. It rain directly behind me, then stopped. I turned to look at the customer and her eyes were huge and she was white as a sheet. Her exact words were “Oh my god, you heard that too?” I asked you don’t have a small child here? She said no. Her daughter was in high school and at school that day. But here daughter had told her she has heard a little girl crying late at night. The customer begged me not to say anything to her daughter about it if she came home.
I told this story to my mom at church shortly after. She told me I should have turned around squatted down, held out my arms and asked what’s wrong baby? My brother was there and said yeah what’s he going to do when something jumps in his arms and starts wiggling around?
Fast forward to a week or so later. I get another order for the same address. The husband didn’t like the cable exposed on the house and anted it fished thru the attic and the wall. Me being the big grownup I was said sure. Attic access to as on the car end of the house from the kitchen and on other side of a vaulted ceiling with only 1 light in the attic by the entrance. Put on my head light and started across the attic. Got over above the kitchen and had to crawl across the rafters to reach the eave of the house to get my cable. I’m laying flat out across a couple of rafters when my head light goes off. It doesn’t dim, flicker or anything. It just goes black. Then a slight coolness in the attic. Had something touched me I was going thru the ceiling into the kitchen no matter what. I slowly eased my hand towards my head and was juggling and wiggling and clicking the on/off on my light for what seemed like an eternity. It suddenly came back on and I frantically scanned that attic for something. I didn’t see a thing. Got out of the attic and finished up so I could leave. I spoke with the housekeeper as I was leaving and asked her about it. She crossed herself and spoke a few words in Spanish and said yes there were spirits in that house.
Told my mom about it at church again. Her answer was “Why were you worried? You know little girls don’t get in attics”. My reply was , “I’m not worried about the little girl. I’m worried about whoever did whatever to her for her to still be there”.
Several years ago I was back in that town with my girl friend. I drove straight to that house and pointed it out. It had been more than 20 years since I was at that house. But I will always remember it.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/09/21 01:52 PM

If you sell a house I wonder if you have to report ghosts on the property disclosure report...

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/09/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by seacam
Many years ago I had an encounter that still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I was a cable installer and a customer had requested an outlet be placed in her kitchen. She was standing to my left talking to me while I was working. I heard a small child come into the kitchen to my right and run thru the kitchen towards “mom” I thought. I was wearing a tool belt and am not a small guy, so I scooted up against the counter to give the child room to get to mom. It rain directly behind me, then stopped. I turned to look at the customer and her eyes were huge and she was white as a sheet. Her exact words were “Oh my god, you heard that too?” I asked you don’t have a small child here? She said no. Her daughter was in high school and at school that day. But here daughter had told her she has heard a little girl crying late at night. The customer begged me not to say anything to her daughter about it if she came home.
I told this story to my mom at church shortly after. She told me I should have turned around squatted down, held out my arms and asked what’s wrong baby? My brother was there and said yeah what’s he going to do when something jumps in his arms and starts wiggling around?
Fast forward to a week or so later. I get another order for the same address. The husband didn’t like the cable exposed on the house and anted it fished thru the attic and the wall. Me being the big grownup I was said sure. Attic access to as on the car end of the house from the kitchen and on other side of a vaulted ceiling with only 1 light in the attic by the entrance. Put on my head light and started across the attic. Got over above the kitchen and had to crawl across the rafters to reach the eave of the house to get my cable. I’m laying flat out across a couple of rafters when my head light goes off. It doesn’t dim, flicker or anything. It just goes black. Then a slight coolness in the attic. Had something touched me I was going thru the ceiling into the kitchen no matter what. I slowly eased my hand towards my head and was juggling and wiggling and clicking the on/off on my light for what seemed like an eternity. It suddenly came back on and I frantically scanned that attic for something. I didn’t see a thing. Got out of the attic and finished up so I could leave. I spoke with the housekeeper as I was leaving and asked her about it. She crossed herself and spoke a few words in Spanish and said yes there were spirits in that house.
Told my mom about it at church again. Her answer was “Why were you worried? You know little girls don’t get in attics”. My reply was , “I’m not worried about the little girl. I’m worried about whoever did whatever to her for her to still be there”.
Several years ago I was back in that town with my girl friend. I drove straight to that house and pointed it out. It had been more than 20 years since I was at that house. But I will always remember it.

That gave me chills. Thanks.... I think.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/09/21 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by PappawRock
If you sell a house I wonder if you have to report ghosts on the property disclosure report...

I think they're supposed to.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/09/21 10:30 PM

Yes, if the house or property is known to be haunted you have to disclose it.

You also have to disclose an unnatural death if it occurred on the property.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/10/21 12:15 AM

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Enough said.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/10/21 12:16 AM

Yes, if the house or property is known to be haunted you have to disclose it.

You also have to disclose an unnatural death if it occurred on the property.

In Texas, there is nothing about the paranormal that must be disclosed. As far as deaths, only murders and deaths being caused by a condition of the property must be disclosed.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/10/21 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by 68A

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Enough said.

I don't know what to say about that. confused2
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/10/21 03:26 AM

I won't go into details, but something happened shortly after my wife passed away that made me question what I do or do not believe. The logical part of my brain still struggles with it. I certainly won't write off anyone's stories as BS or active imaginations. Some of the things in this thread have actually given me chills.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/10/21 03:27 AM

I had a pier and beam house years ago. My lab pup dug under a closed off portion under the porch and came out with what looked like long human hair attached to skin. I never looked and dumped concrete where he dug in. Sometimes it’s better not to know.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/10/21 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Grizz
I won't go into details, but something happened shortly after my wife passed away that made me question what I do or do not believe. The logical part of my brain still struggles with it. I certainly won't write off anyone's stories as BS or active imaginations. Some of the things in this thread have actually given me chills.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Grizz. My condolences.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/10/21 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by scalebuster
I had a pier and beam house years ago. My lab pup dug under a closed off portion under the porch and came out with what looked like long human hair attached to skin. I never looked and dumped concrete where he dug in. Sometimes it’s better not to know.

Yeah, I wouldn't be digging that up.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/10/21 03:41 AM

I didn’t think I’d find anything that would help my resale value.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/10/21 03:47 AM

You're probably right, lol.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/12/21 09:06 PM

worthless

grin

Posted one above

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/12/21 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer
worthless

grin

Posted one above

I don't see anything.
confused2
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/12/21 10:32 PM

they didn't make anything that I didn't try.

that's called "cutting edge" now.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/12/21 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

they didn't make anything that I didn't try.

that's called "cutting edge" now.

You really ARE a Jazz musician. grin I tried to be one, but never even touched a doobie.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/12/21 11:52 PM

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/13/21 02:59 AM

Wow that’s creepy.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/13/21 03:27 AM

Please do not tell any hunting ghost stories until after the season.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/13/21 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

Wow that’s creepy.

It's still a mystery even after the lab analysis...

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/13/21 03:48 AM

https://community.legendarywhitetails.com/blog/hunting-horror-stories/

https://www.bowhunting.com/blog/2018/06/21/hunting-camp-ghosts-still-haunt-me-20-years-later/

https://didyouknowfacts.com/hunters...em-want-to-never-go-back-into-the-woods/

[Linked Image]

Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/13/21 04:20 AM

Sometimes it’s better not to know.

Wise words. I agree.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/13/21 05:12 AM

She's pretty hot by my standards.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/13/21 01:52 PM

There are only 6700 posts on the thread below:

Scary things to upset Roll-Tide

THF thread
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 10/13/21 04:01 PM

Visitors to my place say it's haunted. We've had plenty of strange encounters during the winter months. Some are posted in a previous thread.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/16/23 09:40 PM

I'm from southeastern Oklahoma and grew up hearing stories of stiginis and little people. Little people appear and disappear from sight or just on the edge of your vision - lots of people have experienced seeing someone and then on second glance the person is gone. The believers in these things will tell you little people appear when there is turmoil in the spirit world.

Now I am not saying this is true or not, but I have experienced what I suspect are little people, and almost always before or right after a tragedy. This has happened enough times that when there is some catastrophe in the world, my wife will ask me if I had seen little people recently. The most chilling one to me was on a Monday afternoon when I worked in an office building in Uptown Dallas. I was leaving for the day and pushed the button for the elevator to go down to the parking garage. As the door opened, a lady carrying a large map case (the one that prints can go into without folding) stepped in front of me onto the elevator, and the door closed before I could step in. I pushed the button again, and the same door immediately opened and the elevator car was empty - even though it had only shut maybe 3 seconds earlier. Creeped me out, but I got into the elevator, went down to my car, and forgot about the encounter. The next morning we were in a conference when our Admin came into the room and told us to come out and watch the news, just as a 2nd plane crashed into the WTC in NYC.

I will leave the stigini stories off for now, but maybe revisit after hunting season. Just know, I am not a fan of owls when I am in a blind.

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/16/23 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dalroo

I will leave the stigini stories off for now, but maybe revisit after hunting season. Just know, I am not a fan of owls when I am in a blind.

What is a Stigini? Is that a Okie version of the La Chuza?

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/17/23 02:25 AM

I went on a ghost hunting tour once about 10 years ago in downtown San Antonio. Was more like a history tour that ended up close to the Meanger which is well known for its hauntings.

After it was done, we went over to the Alamo where there were a couple of amateur ghost hunters there, one with a thermal device. I was talking to one guy and the other with the thermal spoke up “ I got one” and I ran over to look.

Inside the long barracks was a man size/shape figure standing but instead of being red/yellow/orange like a living person would it was blue/green/black. It was there, he moved the unit and immediately put it back and the image was gone.

There were two Rangers on duty who confirmed that all kinds of unexplained stuff happens there at night.

There is a whole nother’ world that exists in a space within ours. Most people just choose not to believe it.

Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/17/23 02:45 AM

I was working on the roof of the building that was the old San Antonio jail, it is now a Holiday Inn. I walked into a shed on the roof that housed some old equipment, there was a large hole in the floor that likely
went down to the next floor (or more) but new construction had walled off the hole. While I was in there a sudden breeze blew the door closed and it locked, it could only be opened from the outside. I called for the maintenance guy to come let me out. While waiting I stood there astraddle the hole so I didn’t fall in it. When the guy showed up to let me out he was as white as a sheet and he said “sir, that is the hole that they used to drop prisoners through when they hang them. I said that was kind of neat
We were told the building was haunted and part of some ghost tours. I worked all over that building for a week and never saw anything.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/17/23 01:20 PM

Ishtikini | Cherokee & Seminole

Ishtikini or Stigini are shape-shifting owl spirits that can take on the form of a man by eating his heart. In their true form they are 9-foot-tall putrid great horned owls. To change from their true form they regurgitate their organs and hide them. You can kill Ishtikini by salting its organs or burning them.

They are very bad-news-bears in Seminole and Cherokee mythology (I think the Trail of Tears decedents brought the legend to Cherokee territory from Florida or something, because that really seems like the only way you can link Seminole and Cherokee legends. The Tall Man is another legend that migrated, I think.).

Many older superstitious people in Oklahoma still believe they are real and won’t talk about them. They’re one of the few monsters that people will just refuse to discuss at all.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/17/23 03:14 PM

Ishtikini | Cherokee & Seminole

Ishtikini or Stigini are shape-shifting owl spirits that can take on the form of a man by eating his heart. In their true form they are 9-foot-tall putrid great horned owls. To change from their true form they regurgitate their organs and hide them. You can kill Ishtikini by salting its organs or burning them.

They are very bad-news-bears in Seminole and Cherokee mythology (I think the Trail of Tears decedents brought the legend to Cherokee territory from Florida or something, because that really seems like the only way you can link Seminole and Cherokee legends. The Tall Man is another legend that migrated, I think.).

Many older superstitious people in Oklahoma still believe they are real and won’t talk about them. They’re one of the few monsters that people will just refuse to discuss at all.

Owls are bad ju-ju and a sign of the occult across many cultures.

I have noticed that native people also refuse to talk about naaldlooshii and wendigo as well. Pretty interesting.
Posted By: DustyArmadillo

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/17/23 08:17 PM

Had a few run ins with the paranormal.

If I sense something isn’t right, I’ll always say a binding prayer.

Something like, “any spirit present that isn’t the Holy Spirit, I bind you and send you to the foot of the cross to be judged by our Lord, Jesus”
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/17/23 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by DustyArmadillo

Something like, “any spirit present that isn’t the Holy Spirit, I bind you and send you to the foot of the cross to be judged by our Lord, Jesus”

good plan
Posted By: kry226

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/17/23 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

good plan

Can't argue with that. angel

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/18/23 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

good plan

Amen X2
Posted By: rem870

Re: Ghostly Encounters - 08/20/23 02:25 AM

I’ve never seen anything personally.
However,I have family members,friends and co-workers that say they have.

The warehouse where I work backs right up to an old early settler cemetary dating to around 1853.
My boss has told us that on at least one occasion,when he’s been there after hours on a weekend,
he swears he heard a voice say his name when he was in the very back part of the building.

My brother has told me he’s seen things from an early age.Said once he saw a whitish figure
come into his room at night from the hallway,stop at the foot his bed and then disappear into the closet.

My wife has seen little gray and a white “puff ball” run around the hall or the living area briefly and then they’re gone.
She thinks they might be the little spirits of some of our bunnies that have passed.

About a month ago,our neighbor’s daughter actually asked me if I’d seen them.
She never was told anything about that at anytime.

My mother in law,God rest her soul ❤️ was used to seeing things out of the ordinary too.

Guess I’m just wired differently or something
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum