BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by Biscuit
Originally Posted by don k
To me records now mean squat. Too much crap going on legal or otherwise.

I’m with you, same with sports. Too many ways to cheat

So supplemental feed and food plots are cheating?

People are releasing raised deer into the wild and not talking about it. I know of 2 people that have done it in the last 3 years so I’m with the others, record books are garbage anymore but I’ll still smoke a 200”r if it walks by but not tell a soul about it. Anyone talking about killing a giant on low fenced property is either an idiot or simply a fame seeker.

The LF release is extremely rare, and not that hard to prove(unless you had decades of DMP). DNA is DNA.

with that said I completely agree on the last part

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: jeffbird] #8383340 09/12/21 11:25 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
BOBO I’m not up to speed on the DNA game, do they check that these days? The 2 guys I’m referring to release 2 mature bucks every year in a certain area and 4 have been killed that we’re absolute giants but the hunters kept the kills pretty quiet but one of them was all over everything and every magazine since he roamed a long ways away to be killed by someone that didn’t know what he killed. They have definitely upped the genetics in this certain area though with lots of non typicals being killed now after 9 years of this going on. One day a new state record non typical record will probably come from this area between these toads and the Oklahoma freak genetics inner mingling together along the Red River.

Call it cheating or not but released breeders into the wild to breed doe’s happen way more than most think Im betting. These guys I know for a fact do it being I’ve watched it happen so I know this can’t be a localized deal going on.

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8383363 09/12/21 11:45 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
BOBO I’m not up to speed on the DNA game, do they check that these days? The 2 guys I’m referring to release 2 mature bucks every year in a certain area and 4 have been killed that we’re absolute giants but the hunters kept the kills pretty quiet but one of them was all over everything and every magazine since he roamed a long ways away to be killed by someone that didn’t know what he killed. They have definitely upped the genetics in this certain area though with lots of non typicals being killed now after 9 years of this going on. One day a new state record non typical record will probably come from this area between these toads and the Oklahoma freak genetics inner mingling together along the Red River.

Call it cheating or not but released breeders into the wild to breed doe’s happen way more than most think Im betting. These guys I know for a fact do it being I’ve watched it happen so I know this can’t be a localized deal going on.

It's easy to pull DNA.

Native genetics wipe out/suppress released pretty quick. Most States it's illegal and even on HF there are time frame restrictions.

Essentially it's not a very practical or efficient ROI.

Now Mexico, That's a different deal a lot of those big ranches do LF DMP releases but they do not hide it, kind of hard

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8383483 09/13/21 01:36 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I don’t know any folks releasing pen raised deer on low fenced properties. It wouldn’t help anything anyway unless the area had a low deer population to begin with. Pen raised deer don’t do well when introduced to pasture born bucks.

That said, the TPWD has moved deer all over the state since the 1930’s. Majority of the state didn’t have any appreciable deer populations and they got deer from the king ranch, Missouri, Louisiana and other areas to stock it.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: jeffbird] #8383488 09/13/21 01:40 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
And in any case, the Hansen buck has stood since 1993 and the Missouri Monarch since 1981, so if all this alleged “cheating” and genetic manipulation that y’all are claiming was really taking place, the records would have been broken 2-3 times by now at least.

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: jeffbird] #8383537 09/13/21 02:26 AM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
this whole thread is proof deer hunting is not what it used to be. Too many worried about getting rich by RAISING huge deer. They are barley wild. Inbreeding

who in their right mind would pay $30,000 + just to shoot a giant deer. Corporate people who could really care less

YES to answer the OP's question. There will be a world record from Texas or Saskatchewan . If its Texas, it will be inbred or by illegal means

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8383555 09/13/21 02:54 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
this whole thread is proof deer hunting is not what it used to be. Too many worried about getting rich by RAISING huge deer. They are barley wild. Inbreeding

who in their right mind would pay $30,000 + just to shoot a giant deer. Corporate people who could really care less

YES to answer the OP's question. There will be a world record from Texas or Saskatchewan . If its Texas, it will be inbred or by illegal means

This thread is proof that few people on here know anything at all about deer breeding....

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: txtrophy85] #8383570 09/13/21 03:16 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

This thread is proof that few people on here know anything at all about deer breeding....

Yelp, that was point I was trying to make. Theory and pactice are two different things. Lots of theory

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8383631 09/13/21 10:07 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

who in their right mind would pay $30,000 + just to shoot a giant deer. Corporate people who could really care less . . . . .

Somes believe tails wag the dog

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8383656 09/13/21 11:45 AM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Yelp, that was point I was trying to make. Theory and pactice are two different things. Lots of theory

You have human athletes. They are given certain things to enhance their performance. They break a world record. Did they really break it?

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8383722 09/13/21 01:00 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

Eggzakly

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: don k] #8383738 09/13/21 01:13 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

You have human athletes. They are given certain things to enhance their performance. They break a world record. Did they really break it?

Athletes are injected with differet types of anabolic steroids / growth hormone to increase muscle mass and athletic performance.

Please, can somebody tell me what people are injecting deer with? I've heard all kinds of crazy accusations in the past few weeks

Out of all the people i know who breed deer ( or did before CWD ) the only thing I ever saw anyone inject into a deer ( other than a sedative reversal drug ) was B12 after it had been darted and put into the trailer for transport.

Most of the comments on here are so far past ridiculous its not even funny.....they are already crying foul over a record that hasn't even been broken yet, but if it is, you can bet your boots that someone cheated or the animal was manipulated in some way.....

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8383744 09/13/21 01:18 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I would love to know where you base this information off of?

is barley wild a new IPA?

I never knew inbreeding was a way to engineer genetically superior specimens? If that was the case, the hillbillies from Deliverance would have taken over the world by now.

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: don k] #8383808 09/13/21 02:05 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Don--give a deer testosterone and he stops growing antlers, stop giving and they fall off. Physical performance is muscle, not antlers. Antlers are product of Age, Nutrition and genetics in that order.

To enter a new world record there are going to be a long line of litmus tests including DNA and lie detector. Those that would pay to be able to have display rights aren't going to pay with out doing their due diligence. Nut shell there is no financial upside.

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: txtrophy85] #8383816 09/13/21 02:10 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

Athletes are injected with differet types of anabolic steroids / growth hormone to increase muscle mass and athletic performance.

Please, can somebody tell me what people are injecting deer with? I've heard all kinds of crazy accusations in the past few weeks

Out of all the people i know who breed deer ( or did before CWD ) the only thing I ever saw anyone inject into a deer ( other than a sedative reversal drug ) was B12 after it had been darted and put into the trailer for transport.

Most of the comments on here are so far past ridiculous its not even funny.....they are already crying foul over a record that hasn't even been broken yet, but if it is, you can bet your boots that someone cheated or the animal was manipulated in some way.....

I am not saying deer are injected with anything. Not that many years ago deer were not fed high protein feed with plenty of other nutriants in it. This goes on LF and HF. They have all they want to eat and never have to venture as far from the feeder as it takes to get water. Those deer that made the record book years ago were to me real record holders. They had to fend for themselves and be smart enough to not get shot until they matured to a perfect age. Now a person depending on how deep their pockets are can raise a record book deer given the right genetics. And I have and do know deer breeders and outfitters. There are deer on here at times and at others full times selling deer. So if you want the genetics you are looking for it is no farther than the phone and your wallet. So if you think my statements are ridiculous you need to read some of your own.

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: don k] #8383838 09/13/21 02:33 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I am not saying deer are injected with anything. Not that many years ago deer were not fed high protein feed with plenty of other nutriants in it. This goes on LF and HF. They have all they want to eat and never have to venture as far from the feeder as it takes to get water. Those deer that made the record book years ago were to me real record holders. They had to fend for themselves and be smart enough to not get shot until they matured to a perfect age. Now a person depending on how deep their pockets are can raise a record book deer given the right genetics. And I have and do know deer breeders and outfitters. There are deer on here at times and at others full times selling deer. So if you want the genetics you are looking for it is no farther than the phone and your wallet. So if you think my statements are ridiculous you need to read some of your own.

Yes there where, protein pellets are legume (alfalfa, peas, etc) based, along with cotton seed. When have We not had ag? I can image why Midwest grows such big deer.....

Breeders are irrelevant to a LF WR discussion. A) in TX, the release time frame required would be illegal, B) litmus test to pass it off isnt going to be beat, C) there is no financial upside

We can go round and round. If you want to argue genetic influence then go a head, your argument ended in 1920’s.

Now we have several examples of why people don't share deer anymore.

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: jeffbird] #8383879 09/13/21 02:59 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Cattle, sheep, goats, chickens, rabbits and pigs. Selectively bred to produce a desired trait. Deer are no different in some cases. I'm just glad we have deer now. I remember a time when deer were scarce and one with antlers was even more rare. I've seen people who swore they would never hunt high fence or exotics, high fence their places and introduce exotics when the opportunity arose. They're still my friends now their my friends with cool stuff to hunt. up

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: jeffbird] #8384178 09/13/21 08:15 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I used to think Mitch Rompala was an A-hole now I just think he’s really smart.

When i shoot the world record I’m gonna share it with stxranchman, creek runner and bobo and that’s it....

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: jeffbird] #8384187 09/13/21 08:22 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I guess the rest of us can only hope STX will send us all a photo

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: txtrophy85] #8384191 09/13/21 08:24 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

When i shoot the world record I’m gonna share it with stxranchman, creek runner and bobo and that’s it....

Right!!!

But Dont share it with me, I dont like Feds and I'm sure they and the NSA will investigate any rumor of one!!!

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: Hudbone] #8384193 09/13/21 08:26 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Hudbone
I guess the rest of us can only hope STX will send us all a photo

Yea id put my hope else where, that man will probably take knowledge of a “bunch”of Net all time deer to the grave.

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8384240 09/13/21 08:52 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

Right!!!

But Dont share it with me, I dont like Feds and I'm sure they and the NSA will investigate any rumor of one!!!

Paranoia will destroy ya'

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: txtrophy85] #8384278 09/13/21 09:26 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Like was said above, I can only imagine that the records days are numbered. With the rainfall we have had it should be a great year. Also in general I see more and more pictures of middle aged and mature bucks that are let walk. It appears more and more people are conscious off and attempting to practice some form or other of management and attempting to increase the quality of their deer herd.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: Hudbone] #8384288 09/13/21 09:32 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Right!!!

Paranoia will destroy ya'

roflmao

He knows loose lips sink ships. He ain't about to go down with a ship

If he tells any one about my 221 net typical Coues deer off with his head!!

Re: Prediction - New World Record? [Re: redchevy] #8384289 09/13/21 09:33 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by redchevy
Like was said above, I can only imagine that the records days are numbered. With the rainfall we have had it should be a great year. Also in general I see more and more pictures of middle aged and mature bucks that are let walk. It appears more and more people are conscious off and attempting to practice some form or other of management and attempting to increase the quality of their deer herd.

It could certainly happen this year. But many of those bucks people let walk are now behind a HF, which nullifies their inclusion in the records. I bet there aren't many places like TLK's old lease that have the combination of genetics, mgmt program, and low fence.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide