Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot #8335163 07/29/21 03:49 PM
J
John2 Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
It's a damm shame but a employer has the right to fire a person if they refuse to get the Covid shot.
Attorney Rogge Dunn, longtime labor attorney with the Rogge Dunn Group of Dallas, said it is perfectly legal for an employer to require employees to get a vaccine.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/h...287-a2e89018-f409-403a-bee5-d38ff3040a60

Not all those that wander are lost..

Back The Men in Blue that wears a badge

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335175 07/29/21 03:59 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
And an employee has the right to resign if they don't want to get the shot.

The basic rule of Texas employment law is employment at will, which applies to all phases of the employment relationship - it means that absent a statute or an express agreement (such as an employment contract) to the contrary, either party in an employment relationship may modify any of the terms or conditions of employment, or terminate the relationship altogether, for any reason, or no particular reason at all, with or without advance notice.

https://www.twc.texas.gov/news/efte/pay_and_policies_general.html

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335185 07/29/21 04:07 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by John2
It's a damm shame but a employer has the right to fire a person if they refuse to get the Covid shot.
Attorney Rogge Dunn, longtime labor attorney with the Rogge Dunn Group of Dallas, said it is perfectly legal for an employer to require employees to get a vaccine.

I could understand there being precedent for FDA approved vaccines. I don't understand how there is any precedent for a drug being pushed under EUA that is undergoing clinical trials with many adverse reactions being credibly reported - including death. Seems like the right lawyers need to get in front of the right judge to set a precedent. .

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: Cochise] #8335248 07/29/21 04:46 PM
J
John2 Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Cochise

I could understand there being precedent for FDA approved vaccines. I don't understand how there is any precedent for a drug being pushed under EUA that is undergoing clinical trials with many adverse reactions being credibly reported - including death. Seems like the right lawyers need to get in front of the right judge to set a precedent. .

I agree something needs to happen but more than 100 workers at Houston Methodist sued over the hospital’s COVID vaccine mandate and they lost.When will all this end ...

Not all those that wander are lost..

Back The Men in Blue that wears a badge

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: ndhunter] #8335249 07/29/21 04:46 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by ndhunter
And an employee has the right to resign if they don't want to get the shot.

The basic rule of Texas employment law is employment at will, which applies to all phases of the employment relationship - it means that absent a statute or an express agreement (such as an employment contract) to the contrary, either party in an employment relationship may modify any of the terms or conditions of employment, or terminate the relationship altogether, for any reason, or no particular reason at all, with or without advance notice.

https://www.twc.texas.gov/news/efte/pay_and_policies_general.html

Until the EEOC regs steps in.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335336 07/29/21 05:43 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
This is all going to come to a screeching holt when the first employee dies or is seriously injured from one of these injections.......remember the employee is NOT waiving their right for damages from the employer, it's the drug company.......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8335349 07/29/21 05:50 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
This is all going to come to a screeching holt when the first employee dies or is seriously injured from one of these injections.......remember the employee is NOT waiving their right for damages from the employer, it's the drug company.......

The way I see it they waived their right for damages from the employer the moment they voluntarily took the shot.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335362 07/29/21 06:00 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
It's all about "control"

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: Mickey Moose] #8335377 07/29/21 06:10 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose

The way I see it they waived their right for damages from the employer the moment they voluntarily took the shot.

.....spoken like the attorney you are, lol......I would argue many could prove that even though they could resign.......they could not get employment at the same wage elsewhere and give up potential tenured/vested benefits.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335378 07/29/21 06:11 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Yes its about an employers control over their employees. This has been old news for a ling time. When employers can fire over social media, over hair color, clothing, speech, etc…the employer is exercising their right to control their business the same way a resident has control over their house. Same standards apply.

If you don’t want to take the shot, come work for me. I don’t require it for employees

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335419 07/29/21 06:42 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

I agree something needs to happen but more than 100 workers at Houston Methodist sued over the hospital’s COVID vaccine mandate and they lost.When will all this end ...

When will all this end? This is not going to end. Why would one even think that is a possibility? “This” is only going to increase and increase more. I will say it once more, this is not things falling apart. This is things falling into place. We know what is coming. We know how this plays out.

Proverbs 2
Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335449 07/29/21 07:00 PM
S
Schat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Does the employer require shot records and up to date boosters? Correct me if am wrong that a group of people that do not take shots ( vaccinated ) for many long standing illness. this seam to picking on one type of vaccinated illness, could an employer refuse to hire a women for not be vaccinated for Human Papillomavirus (HPV) HPV is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI). at age 12? this is said to result in some types of cancers. Did the governor of Texas at one time ask to get this done for school age teens? Odd responses to fear on the Corvid illness.

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: Schat] #8335467 07/29/21 07:14 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Schat
Does the employer require shot records and up to date boosters? Correct me if am wrong that a group of people that do not take shots ( vaccinated ) for many long standing illness. this seam to picking on one type of vaccinated illness, could an employer refuse to hire a women for not be vaccinated for Human Papillomavirus (HPV) HPV is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI). at age 12? this is said to result in some types of cancers. Did the governor of Texas at one time ask to get this done for school age teens? Odd responses to fear on the Corvid illness.

There are so many red flags the way they are pushing an injection for the entire population.....regardless of age....regardless of if you have had the virus already......with a death rate well below 1% of the population.....think about that.....inject 100% of the population to protect less than 1%?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335588 07/29/21 08:53 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
And the vaccine is killing people. And it has a host of known and probably unknown side effects. And it doesn’t stop transmission. And it doesn’t prevent a person from getting sick with the virus. And it’s being pushed by the most crooked people on the planet.

Yeah, that sounds legit. I can’t understand why anyone would question that.

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335653 07/29/21 09:48 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

And that ruling can be appealed. I would like to see a good attorney appeal this and argue the finer points of FDA approved vs. non FDA approved. I'm not sure there is any precedent for that specific issue.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335668 07/29/21 10:03 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I am not trying to he stupid here, but if an employer cant tell their employees what to do as a component of their employment, then could some employee just show up to work nekked and the employer has no recourse against that employee?

I realize most on here are not employers, but you have to be able to see both sides of the argument…the employer provides the opportunity for employment with certain criteria for the employees. It is a two way street, the employees provide their services under those criteria for the employer in exchange for the employer paying and providing benefits for the employee.

Quite honestly anyone who is here saying the employer can not force an employee to do something as a criteria of their employment is stating some pretty un-american values. If an employee doesn’t like the criteria, they can find another job. The way some of you are talking makes me think you believe employment is a fundamental right and taking that a step further means you believe in UBI.

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: Texas buckeye] #8335685 07/29/21 10:34 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
I am not trying to he stupid here, but if an employer cant tell their employees what to do as a component of their employment, then could some employee just show up to work nekked and the employer has no recourse against that employee?

I realize most on here are not employers, but you have to be able to see both sides of the argument…the employer provides the opportunity for employment with certain criteria for the employees. It is a two way street, the employees provide their services under those criteria for the employer in exchange for the employer paying and providing benefits for the employee.

Quite honestly anyone who is here saying the employer can not force an employee to do something as a criteria of their employment is stating some pretty un-american values. If an employee doesn’t like the criteria, they can find another job. The way some of you are talking makes me think you believe employment is a fundamental right and taking that a step further means you believe in UBI.

In the end, it's all about how reasonable something is. Even though Texas is an at-will state, there are limits to what employers can require employees to do. Your example of showing up to work naked is a good example. If an employer required someone to come to work naked, that wouldn't fly in any court. I realize that example sounds goofy on the surface, but in principle it is relevant.
From a legal perspective, I would be interested to see how the higher courts would rule on requiring employees to get vaccines that are not FDA approved. I think that is where the line is (approved vs. non-approved). Just my opinion of course.

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335688 07/29/21 10:37 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I agree with that, to a point, TB.

If my employer asks me to do something dangerous, then I can refuse and OSHA will back me. If I don’t refuse, and I’m injured in the process, my employer is on the hook for requiring that I do something unsafe.

This vaccine is unsafe, at worst, and unproven, at best. How is this situation any different? How can an employer require someone to do something unsafe?

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335692 07/29/21 10:37 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I hate to hear that but based on the latest revelations about the shot and it's contents, I'd be looking for another employer if that happened to me.

The good news is, that apparently, there are millions of jobs available.
The whole thing stinks to high heaven, has from day one, and I'm afraid millions are going to regret getting jabbed someday soon.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335696 07/29/21 10:39 PM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
bs
To the original post. Where I work and were my bride works, states they can't legal ask us... But we have both had the vaccine!

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335729 07/29/21 11:05 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
If we want our people to get the shot they will get it or hit the road but luckily for them we will be in same line fighting the asshats on the other side against it. We only employee 28 people but their safe from the shot unless they so choose to be..

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: Mickey Moose] #8335733 07/29/21 11:20 PM
B
barndoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose

They are not voluntarily taking the shot. The employees that already took the shot before it was mandatory have no leg to stand on because they voluntarily took it.

Last edited by barndoor; 07/29/21 11:28 PM.
Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: Grizz] #8335763 07/29/21 11:48 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Grizz

In the end, it's all about how reasonable something is. Even though Texas is an at-will state, there are limits to what employers can require employees to do. Your example of showing up to work naked is a good example. If an employer required someone to come to work naked, that wouldn't fly in any court. I realize that example sounds goofy on the surface, but in principle it is relevant.
From a legal perspective, I would be interested to see how the higher courts would rule on requiring employees to get vaccines that are not FDA approved. I think that is where the line is (approved vs. non-approved). Just my opinion of course.

Apparently you've never worked in the porn industry. roflmao

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: ntxtrapper] #8335770 07/29/21 11:56 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by Grizz

Apparently you've never worked in the porn industry. roflmao

Nope. I tried, but the sign at the door said "You must be this long for this job", so I went home. laugh

Re: Employers can fire if you refuse to get the shot [Re: John2] #8335786 07/30/21 12:09 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Texas is a right to work state. An employer can literally fire you for no reason. I’m okay with that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide