Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: 603Country] #8328192 07/22/21 03:04 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by 603Country
I assumed that there would be some scolding from a few folks about me not being worried about the virus. But that doesn’t change my thinking on this issue. I believe that it has been, and presently is, massively over-reported. You can quote percentages of death, but since all we have on that is government numbers, do you believe those numbers? And now we supposedly have the Delta variant, which was reportedly more infectious but much less severe. Early on, that was said, but now you can’t find that data anywhere. For the sake of promoting inoculation, I assume, that data was erased. Only fear can get everyone inoculated, so fear is promoted.

If you have lost someone to the virus, you have my condolences. We’ve had 20+ folks in the family get it, and no severe sickness at all. No deaths.

Today the virus is the Delta variant. How many more variants do we expect? Plenty of Greek letters left. You gonna get a shot for each variant that gets announced?

And back to the BiL…he has the virus and the doc says take Advil. It suggests that the doc isn’t in fear of the BiL dying or even being very sick. Why not? Does he know things we don’t? Maybe he does.

Then count your blessings none of your loved ones have gotten really sick or died from it.
And it is not a scolding about you not being worried about it yourself. It is because the way you said what you did it came across as callus and not giving a damn about others who have struggled with it or had family and or friends get very sick and or die from it.

Discount the numbers all you want to and I do agree that the numbers are definitely not 100% correct. But, it would take a blind man to discount what the majority of folks on this thread are telling you about having a family member and or friend get very sick or die from it when they had NO previous health problems.

And the last statement you made about there being false data to promote fear would be comical if it wasn't so sad. I suppose the moon walk in 1969 was no more than a government conspiracy to, right?
You do realize that there are 60+ flu variants and constantly changing, right?

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: 603Country] #8328193 07/22/21 03:04 PM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I wish everyone posting here would say whether the infected ones had been vaccinated. If the vaccine is suppose to reduce the severity if one gets sick, please let us know if these very sick or dying folks had been vaccinated.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: cbump] #8328197 07/22/21 03:06 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by cbump

He probably knows that you treat symptoms with a virus. And if his only symptom is aches and low fever, then Advil is all you need. I think if your bil started having severe breathing issues he’d suggest more than Advil.

Yup

And if it does migrate and get into your lungs the ballgame changes significantly. I'm glad I have a friend that is a doc that got me on a z-pac within 2 hours of being diagnosed to help keep this from happening.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: DannyB] #8328210 07/22/21 03:10 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by DannyB
I wish everyone posting here would say whether the infected ones had been vaccinated. If the vaccine is suppose to reduce the severity if one gets sick, please let us know if these very sick or dying folks had been vaccinated.

Neither my wife nor I are vaccinated. I will say the first two days that I started feeling crappy, I was driving in a car with a co-worker to Irving and back both days (over two hours commuting per day) and sitting next to her in the class we went to. She was vaccinated and did not get Covid.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: 603Country] #8328219 07/22/21 03:15 PM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
Methodist hospital in Houston just reported a slight increase in hospitalized COVID cases. Said 99 percent of these cases were not vaccinated. Did not indicate severity of the cases. So there ya go. Everyone has the right to contract COVID anytime they want.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: 603Country] #8328233 07/22/21 03:24 PM
603Country Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
I didn’t intend to come across as unfeeling, and I am no conspiracy theorist (the sick BiL is), but yes, I do believe that the government is using fear to drive us to vaccinations.

The BiL is up and around this morning. Having coffee. I didn’t ask if he could taste it, and his case of the trots went undiscussed. For data purposes, he is un-vaxxed.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: NORML as can be] #8328239 07/22/21 03:27 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Originally Posted by Guy
It’s really taken back off in the UK. Crazy virus…

[Linked Image]

They must have an election coming up.

roflmao

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: 603Country] #8328248 07/22/21 03:31 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
I didn’t intend to come across as unfeeling, and I am no conspiracy theorist (the sick BiL is), but yes, I do believe that the government is using fear to drive us to vaccinations.

The BiL is up and around this morning. Having coffee. I didn’t ask if he could taste it, and his case of the trots went undiscussed. For data purposes, he is un-vaxxed.

up

I believe you man but when you make statements like that on a open forum and people are dying from it still, some are going to interpret it that way.

I get that you are not afraid of it and can respect it. I was not really afraid of it but can tell you when I caught it I did do some sole searching and say a few extra prayers as I do have type II diabetes so you just never know.

To me one of the worst things about this virus is the lasting affects. I have a friend that is now 57. He farms for a living and custom hay bales and is in damn good shape. He struggled with it for a while and to this day is having some crazy issues with his joints just killing him. Never had joint pains in his life before the covid.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: 603Country] #8328284 07/22/21 03:56 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I’m not vaxxed and not running out to get vaxxed but what if the push really is because It works?

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: DannyB] #8328291 07/22/21 04:06 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G

Not my wife's cousin. He and his wife and 3 kids were unvaccinated and they all 5 of them got Covid. Like many on this forum, they didn't believe they would get really sick and didn't believe in vaccinating. Now they are urging others to get vaccinated. My wife and her mother finally got their first Pfizer dose yesterday.

There are lots of people who refuse to believe the science and statistics on how serious this virus can be. That is their choice, but they need to be prepared for extreme circumstances - be it death, long lasting/permanent side effects, financial ruin, etc.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: Texas buckeye] #8328292 07/22/21 04:06 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

The problem with this virus is you just don't know who is going to get sick and who isn't. Yes the vast majority of us who get it will be absolutely fine. There is a small subset that won't be fine. No way to predict.

Yep the huge difference in severity is wild. That and the reactions to the vaccines. It’s all a crap shoot.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: ducknbass] #8328299 07/22/21 04:10 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Yep the huge difference in severity is wild. That and the reactions to the vaccines. It’s all a crap shoot.

The reactions to the vaccine are not a "crap shoot". A miniscule percentage of the population has had ill effects from the vaccine. A crap shoot is a risky or uncertain situation...while not 100% safe, the reactions to the vaccine are overwhelmingly minimal.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8328303 07/22/21 04:12 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

up

I believe you man but when you make statements like that on a open forum and people are dying from it still, some are going to interpret it that way.

I get that you are not afraid of it and can respect it. I was not really afraid of it but can tell you when I caught it I did do some sole searching and say a few extra prayers as I do have type II diabetes so you just never know.

To me one of the worst things about this virus is the lasting affects. I have a friend that is now 57. He farms for a living and custom hay bales and is in damn good shape. He struggled with it for a while and to this day is having some crazy issues with his joints just killing him. Never had joint pains in his life before the covid.

Same could be said for everyone who gets the shot and belittles those that don’t want to get it and say it’s safe. Plenty of folks dying of it as well.
up

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: Gringo Bling] #8328306 07/22/21 04:13 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

The reactions to the vaccine are not a "crap shoot". A miniscule percentage of the population has had ill effects from the vaccine. A crap shoot is a risky or uncertain situation...while not 100% safe, the reactions to the vaccine are overwhelmingly safe.

You should probably do some research on your claim and get down off that high horse there sir your punching above your weight class. Be gone gnat

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: Guy] #8328401 07/22/21 05:35 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Originally Posted by Guy
It’s really taken back off in the UK. Crazy virus…

[Linked Image]

They must have an election coming up.

roflmao

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: ducknbass] #8328408 07/22/21 05:40 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

The reactions to the vaccine are not a "crap shoot". A miniscule percentage of the population has had ill effects from the vaccine. A crap shoot is a risky or uncertain situation...while not 100% safe, the reactions to the vaccine are overwhelmingly safe.

You should probably do some research on your claim and get down off that high horse there sir your punching above your weight class. Be gone gnat

Don't believe anything you hear, half of what you see and if it's on the internet, well it has to be true right?

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: cbump] #8328416 07/22/21 05:44 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by cbump
I’m not vaxxed and not running out to get vaxxed but what if the push really is because It works?

Then if this stuff is circulating in two or six years the Meds will be well tested, I hope with all the bugs are worked out.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: 603Country] #8328444 07/22/21 06:09 PM
603Country Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
I never said that I’d never get the shots. I’m on hold right now. Let there be more testing of this experimental drug on you more trusting folks.

As for 99% of the new cases being unvaxxed people, that shouldn’t be a surprise.

And I reread my post that some of you considered unfeeling. Maybe that’s the way you took it, though that wasn’t intended. I wouldn’t change a word of what I said.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: 603Country] #8328460 07/22/21 06:20 PM
B
bassfishinglawyer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
One of my best friends and his wife (he's here on the forum) both got it. Typical minor symptoms for him. She was in the hospital a week plus and he told me he was "scared" for her (which told me a lot when he said that). She is 50ish and in perfect health, fit, etc. It's a weird deal how it can affect some in great health and hardly at all in others who might not even be in good health.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: 603Country] #8328463 07/22/21 06:22 PM
D
deerhunter1956 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
D
Do the vaccines work I did get the shots but didn,t all the democrats say they get them also but six still got infected.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: ducknbass] #8328524 07/22/21 07:03 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

up

Same could be said for everyone who gets the shot and belittles those that don’t want to get it and say it’s safe. Plenty of folks dying of it as well.
up

Once again I completely agree with you.
Life is about choices and it is each's own to make this choice.
Now, even if an employer, a business, or even airlines or whatever else does end up requiring you to get it............guess what, you still have a choice. Choose to go get another job at another company that does not require it, or go to another business for the service or item you need that does not require it, or not fly.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: Gringo Bling] #8328538 07/22/21 07:19 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Not my wife's cousin. He and his wife and 3 kids were unvaccinated and they all 5 of them got Covid. Like many on this forum, they didn't believe they would get really sick and didn't believe in vaccinating. Now they are urging others to get vaccinated. My wife and her mother finally got their first Pfizer dose yesterday.

There are lots of people who refuse to believe the science and statistics on how serious this virus can be. That is their choice, but they need to be prepared for extreme circumstances - be it death, long lasting/permanent side effects, financial ruin, etc.

What you describe is life on planet earth.......there are no guarantees......and death awaits all of us.....those taking this shot should be prepared for long lasting/permanent side effects/death as well......that's fact not fiction.......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: 603Country] #8328606 07/22/21 08:28 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
God's got your number, He'll pull it when he wants to. Vaccine or no vaccine.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: deerhunter1956] #8328620 07/22/21 08:35 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by deerhunter1956
Do the vaccines work I did get the shots but didn,t all the democrats say they get them also but six still got infected.

My understanding is that there is still a small chance that you can get infected by the virus if you are vaxed but your chances of a severe reaction are almost non existent with the US vax's.

Re: BiL just got the virus [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8328630 07/22/21 08:44 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Thundervee
Originally Posted by Tin Head
the scarry part of it all is that the regular flu has been beat into submission and has dissapeared from fear of the rona. I guess one good thing from this all is that folks are no long dying from the flu that hasnt happened in a thousand years.

And yet, there’s still a bunch of brainwashed sheep listening to the “experts” and buying their words hook line and sinker.

Buying who's words?

Is your world so small around you that you do not know one person well that has died from this virus or gotten extremely sick?

Do you really believe this is not a real thing and nobody is dying from it?

No wooly, I know a few that have got it including my brother and SIL, sick a few days then done. It’s not near near as deadly as they have you believing. Had an uncle pass away WITH it, not from it but guess what, yep, it was counted as a Covid death. That’s why people keep saying the number you posted is BS.

You keep on believing your idol fraud fauci and live in fear and be a good little sheep. Go get you a shot, oh, but then you still might get it. Better just lock your scared self in the house.

🍻
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide