Texas Hunting Forum

BiL just got the virus

Posted By: 603Country

BiL just got the virus - 07/21/21 08:59 PM

He went to the doc, found out he did indeed have it. Doc sent him home with instructions to take Advil, rest, and don’t get dehydrated. He has the trots and a surly attitude, but not very sick, says his wife. Tell me again why we should be so afraid.

He’s 77 and has not gotten any shots.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/21/21 09:29 PM

Hope he stocked up on TP.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/21/21 10:04 PM

Worker today was telling me about a friend of hers in El Paso right around 40yo, not overweight, no health conditions before, worked as a physical therapist. Got the virus. Three days later he was in the hospital intubated and ended up with a single lung transplant and a permanent (for now) tracheotomy he has to plug with his fingers to talk. This has happened over the last couple months.

The problem with this virus is you just don't know who is going to get sick and who isn't. Yes the vast majority of us who get it will be absolutely fine. There is a small subset that won't be fine. No way to predict.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/21/21 10:10 PM

the scarry part of it all is that the regular flu has been beat into submission and has dissapeared from fear of the rona. I guess one good thing from this all is that folks are no long dying from the flu that hasnt happened in a thousand years.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/21/21 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
He went to the doc, found out he did indeed have it. Doc sent him home with instructions to take Advil, rest, and don’t get dehydrated. He has the trots and a surly attitude, but not very sick, says his wife. Tell me again why we should be so afraid.

My friend died of it yesterday. He was 51. I'm very glad your BIL is doing well, but it can be deadly.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/21/21 10:17 PM

I think if I were the BiL I would request at least the Z-Pack but also Ivermectin to be taking now. Doesn't hurt and can lessen the effect and speed recovery up along with Vitamin D, C and Zinc.

BiL had it and is where I got it his without treatment lasted weeks mine a couple days with having been taking them and I did get the same stuff Trump got in the drip.

Most will be fine but if you have it why not fight it early, aint going to hurt.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/21/21 10:29 PM

He isn’t my favorite BiL, though that doesn’t mean he needs to die or even be very sick. The problem is that he won’t listen to a thing I might say, no matter how logical or reasonable. He’s the smartest guy in the universe, per him. Sooo, him having the trots seems an Ok thing. I have no problem with that.

Maybe the wife should tell him about ivermectin.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
the scarry part of it all is that the regular flu has been beat into submission and has dissapeared from fear of the rona. I guess one good thing from this all is that folks are no long dying from the flu that hasnt happened in a thousand years.

And yet, there’s still a bunch of brainwashed sheep listening to the “experts” and buying their words hook line and sinker.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by kmon1
I think if I were the BiL I would request at least the Z-Pack but also Ivermectin to be taking now. Doesn't hurt and can lessen the effect and speed recovery up along with Vitamin D, C and Zinc.

BiL had it and is where I got it his without treatment lasted weeks mine a couple days with having been taking them and I did get the same stuff Trump got in the drip.

Most will be fine but if you have it why not fight it early, aint going to hurt.

For acute infection Doxycycline works better with Ivermectin.

Add aspirin(prevent blood clots), Querceti, Melatonin(at night) and NAC to vitamin list
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

My friend died of it yesterday. He was 51. I'm very glad your BIL is doing well, but it can be deadly.

Yep. I've lost 12 people to it since April of last year...A client today told me she lost her uncle last week. A police officer in central Texas died from it this week...

Some people will get very sick, become long haul patients, have lifelong issues, or die...others will have the virus and never have one symptom...nobody knows how they will react until they are infected.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 02:39 AM

Tell me again why we should be so afraid.

Like others have posted, it impacts people differently. My wife’s healthy 50 year old cousin is hooked up to a ventilator fighting for his life right now.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

Yep. I've lost 12 people to it since April of last year...A client today told me she lost her uncle last week. A police officer in central Texas died from it this week...

Some people will get very sick, become long haul patients, have lifelong issues, or die...others will have the virus and never have one symptom...nobody knows how they will react until they are infected.

I wonder if those with the worst symptoms or death , if they ever had a flu shot in their life before this. If their immune systems had been weakened from prior shots. Crazy you have lost 12 folks since April and others no of none dead.
Posted By: cbump

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:15 AM

My wife and I had It at the same time. Both tested positive July 9th. Other than taste and smell, she had no symptoms. Could have gone about her day like nothing and never known she had It (other than taste/smell).
I had fever for and felt like death for 6 days and am still not 100%. No more fever but very fatigued, slight cough with deep chest pain.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Hope he stocked up on TP.

flush
Posted By: TxRedhawk

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 05:37 AM

This x Infiniti
Posted By: papa45

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 12:09 PM

603, keep us posted on your BIL. I hope he'll be OK.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 12:18 PM

So because your 77 year old BIL is doing alright through it there is nothing to worry about.
I know a guy who works for a large GC in Austin who was in his late 40s who passed away in less than 2 weeks last month after getting it.
He was in fantastic shape and health with no pre-existing conditions. I know 2 others that were the same that died from it as well in their 40s and 50s.

I'm happy your family member is doing ok and getting past it but why don't you consider those that were so far less fortunate in the world (4.1m dead) and the US (615k dead) and their families who are dealing with the losses.

Instead, count your blessings he is not one of the 1.7% that have contracted it and died from it here in the US.

Why is it so difficult for some to understand it affects everyone differently.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Thundervee

And yet, there’s still a bunch of brainwashed sheep listening to the “experts” and buying their words hook line and sinker.

Buying who's words?

Is your world so small around you that you do not know one person well that has died from this virus or gotten extremely sick?

Do you really believe this is not a real thing and nobody is dying from it?
Posted By: PKdreams

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 12:33 PM

I have lost 2 close to me. One was in their mid 30’s and passed away after a month in the hospital. My cousin is 6 months out of a 2 week stay in the hospital and still on oxygen 24x7. A good friend is 1 year past infection and still has low levels of energy and brain fog. If it has not impacted you yet consider yourself lucky.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 12:42 PM

My neighbors, the husband 84 the wife 78 both got it from visiting family. They didn't get it bad, The brother they got it from 87 didn't do bad and were all vaccinated prior to infection. The niece that gave it to them all ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks. Crazy thing.
Posted By: Guy

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 12:43 PM

It’s really taken back off in the UK. Crazy virus…

[Linked Image]

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 02:29 PM

I wonder if those with the worst symptoms or death , if they ever had a flu shot in their life before this. If their immune systems had been weakened from prior shots. Crazy you have lost 12 folks since April and others no of none dead.

That's a fallacy. There are multiple unbiased clinical studies that have shown that getting annual flu vaccines does not weaken ones immune system.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 02:30 PM

I assumed that there would be some scolding from a few folks about me not being worried about the virus. But that doesn’t change my thinking on this issue. I believe that it has been, and presently is, massively over-reported. You can quote percentages of death, but since all we have on that is government numbers, do you believe those numbers? And now we supposedly have the Delta variant, which was reportedly more infectious but much less severe. Early on, that was said, but now you can’t find that data anywhere. For the sake of promoting inoculation, I assume, that data was erased. Only fear can get everyone inoculated, so fear is promoted.

If you have lost someone to the virus, you have my condolences. We’ve had 20+ folks in the family get it, and no severe sickness at all. No deaths.

Today the virus is the Delta variant. How many more variants do we expect? Plenty of Greek letters left. You gonna get a shot for each variant that gets announced?

And back to the BiL…he has the virus and the doc says take Advil. It suggests that the doc isn’t in fear of the BiL dying or even being very sick. Why not? Does he know things we don’t? Maybe he does.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

They must have an election coming up.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 02:33 PM

And back to the BiL…he has the virus and the doc says take Advil. It suggests that the doc isn’t in fear of the BiL dying or even being very sick. Why not? Does he know things we don’t? Maybe he does.

He probably knows that you treat symptoms with a virus. And if his only symptom is aches and low fever, then Advil is all you need. I think if your bil started having severe breathing issues he’d suggest more than Advil.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:04 PM

I assumed that there would be some scolding from a few folks about me not being worried about the virus. But that doesn’t change my thinking on this issue. I believe that it has been, and presently is, massively over-reported. You can quote percentages of death, but since all we have on that is government numbers, do you believe those numbers? And now we supposedly have the Delta variant, which was reportedly more infectious but much less severe. Early on, that was said, but now you can’t find that data anywhere. For the sake of promoting inoculation, I assume, that data was erased. Only fear can get everyone inoculated, so fear is promoted.

If you have lost someone to the virus, you have my condolences. We’ve had 20+ folks in the family get it, and no severe sickness at all. No deaths.

Today the virus is the Delta variant. How many more variants do we expect? Plenty of Greek letters left. You gonna get a shot for each variant that gets announced?

Then count your blessings none of your loved ones have gotten really sick or died from it.
And it is not a scolding about you not being worried about it yourself. It is because the way you said what you did it came across as callus and not giving a damn about others who have struggled with it or had family and or friends get very sick and or die from it.

Discount the numbers all you want to and I do agree that the numbers are definitely not 100% correct. But, it would take a blind man to discount what the majority of folks on this thread are telling you about having a family member and or friend get very sick or die from it when they had NO previous health problems.

And the last statement you made about there being false data to promote fear would be comical if it wasn't so sad. I suppose the moon walk in 1969 was no more than a government conspiracy to, right?
You do realize that there are 60+ flu variants and constantly changing, right?
Posted By: DannyB

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:04 PM

I wish everyone posting here would say whether the infected ones had been vaccinated. If the vaccine is suppose to reduce the severity if one gets sick, please let us know if these very sick or dying folks had been vaccinated.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by cbump

He probably knows that you treat symptoms with a virus. And if his only symptom is aches and low fever, then Advil is all you need. I think if your bil started having severe breathing issues he’d suggest more than Advil.

Yup

And if it does migrate and get into your lungs the ballgame changes significantly. I'm glad I have a friend that is a doc that got me on a z-pac within 2 hours of being diagnosed to help keep this from happening.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by DannyB
I wish everyone posting here would say whether the infected ones had been vaccinated. If the vaccine is suppose to reduce the severity if one gets sick, please let us know if these very sick or dying folks had been vaccinated.

Neither my wife nor I are vaccinated. I will say the first two days that I started feeling crappy, I was driving in a car with a co-worker to Irving and back both days (over two hours commuting per day) and sitting next to her in the class we went to. She was vaccinated and did not get Covid.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:15 PM

Methodist hospital in Houston just reported a slight increase in hospitalized COVID cases. Said 99 percent of these cases were not vaccinated. Did not indicate severity of the cases. So there ya go. Everyone has the right to contract COVID anytime they want.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:24 PM

I didn’t intend to come across as unfeeling, and I am no conspiracy theorist (the sick BiL is), but yes, I do believe that the government is using fear to drive us to vaccinations.

The BiL is up and around this morning. Having coffee. I didn’t ask if he could taste it, and his case of the trots went undiscussed. For data purposes, he is un-vaxxed.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:31 PM

I didn’t intend to come across as unfeeling, and I am no conspiracy theorist (the sick BiL is), but yes, I do believe that the government is using fear to drive us to vaccinations.

The BiL is up and around this morning. Having coffee. I didn’t ask if he could taste it, and his case of the trots went undiscussed. For data purposes, he is un-vaxxed.

up

I believe you man but when you make statements like that on a open forum and people are dying from it still, some are going to interpret it that way.

I get that you are not afraid of it and can respect it. I was not really afraid of it but can tell you when I caught it I did do some sole searching and say a few extra prayers as I do have type II diabetes so you just never know.

To me one of the worst things about this virus is the lasting affects. I have a friend that is now 57. He farms for a living and custom hay bales and is in damn good shape. He struggled with it for a while and to this day is having some crazy issues with his joints just killing him. Never had joint pains in his life before the covid.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 03:56 PM

I’m not vaxxed and not running out to get vaxxed but what if the push really is because It works?

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 04:06 PM

Not my wife's cousin. He and his wife and 3 kids were unvaccinated and they all 5 of them got Covid. Like many on this forum, they didn't believe they would get really sick and didn't believe in vaccinating. Now they are urging others to get vaccinated. My wife and her mother finally got their first Pfizer dose yesterday.

There are lots of people who refuse to believe the science and statistics on how serious this virus can be. That is their choice, but they need to be prepared for extreme circumstances - be it death, long lasting/permanent side effects, financial ruin, etc.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

The problem with this virus is you just don't know who is going to get sick and who isn't. Yes the vast majority of us who get it will be absolutely fine. There is a small subset that won't be fine. No way to predict.

Yep the huge difference in severity is wild. That and the reactions to the vaccines. It’s all a crap shoot.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
Yep the huge difference in severity is wild. That and the reactions to the vaccines. It’s all a crap shoot.

The reactions to the vaccine are not a "crap shoot". A miniscule percentage of the population has had ill effects from the vaccine. A crap shoot is a risky or uncertain situation...while not 100% safe, the reactions to the vaccine are overwhelmingly minimal.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

up

I believe you man but when you make statements like that on a open forum and people are dying from it still, some are going to interpret it that way.

I get that you are not afraid of it and can respect it. I was not really afraid of it but can tell you when I caught it I did do some sole searching and say a few extra prayers as I do have type II diabetes so you just never know.

To me one of the worst things about this virus is the lasting affects. I have a friend that is now 57. He farms for a living and custom hay bales and is in damn good shape. He struggled with it for a while and to this day is having some crazy issues with his joints just killing him. Never had joint pains in his life before the covid.

Same could be said for everyone who gets the shot and belittles those that don’t want to get it and say it’s safe. Plenty of folks dying of it as well.
up

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

The reactions to the vaccine are not a "crap shoot". A miniscule percentage of the population has had ill effects from the vaccine. A crap shoot is a risky or uncertain situation...while not 100% safe, the reactions to the vaccine are overwhelmingly safe.

You should probably do some research on your claim and get down off that high horse there sir your punching above your weight class. Be gone gnat
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 05:40 PM

The reactions to the vaccine are not a "crap shoot". A miniscule percentage of the population has had ill effects from the vaccine. A crap shoot is a risky or uncertain situation...while not 100% safe, the reactions to the vaccine are overwhelmingly safe.

You should probably do some research on your claim and get down off that high horse there sir your punching above your weight class. Be gone gnat

Don't believe anything you hear, half of what you see and if it's on the internet, well it has to be true right?

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by cbump
I’m not vaxxed and not running out to get vaxxed but what if the push really is because It works?

Then if this stuff is circulating in two or six years the Meds will be well tested, I hope with all the bugs are worked out.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 06:09 PM

I never said that I’d never get the shots. I’m on hold right now. Let there be more testing of this experimental drug on you more trusting folks.

As for 99% of the new cases being unvaxxed people, that shouldn’t be a surprise.

And I reread my post that some of you considered unfeeling. Maybe that’s the way you took it, though that wasn’t intended. I wouldn’t change a word of what I said.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 06:20 PM

One of my best friends and his wife (he's here on the forum) both got it. Typical minor symptoms for him. She was in the hospital a week plus and he told me he was "scared" for her (which told me a lot when he said that). She is 50ish and in perfect health, fit, etc. It's a weird deal how it can affect some in great health and hardly at all in others who might not even be in good health.
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 06:22 PM

Do the vaccines work I did get the shots but didn,t all the democrats say they get them also but six still got infected.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 07:03 PM

up

Same could be said for everyone who gets the shot and belittles those that don’t want to get it and say it’s safe. Plenty of folks dying of it as well.
up

Once again I completely agree with you.
Life is about choices and it is each's own to make this choice.
Now, even if an employer, a business, or even airlines or whatever else does end up requiring you to get it............guess what, you still have a choice. Choose to go get another job at another company that does not require it, or go to another business for the service or item you need that does not require it, or not fly.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 07:19 PM

Not my wife's cousin. He and his wife and 3 kids were unvaccinated and they all 5 of them got Covid. Like many on this forum, they didn't believe they would get really sick and didn't believe in vaccinating. Now they are urging others to get vaccinated. My wife and her mother finally got their first Pfizer dose yesterday.

There are lots of people who refuse to believe the science and statistics on how serious this virus can be. That is their choice, but they need to be prepared for extreme circumstances - be it death, long lasting/permanent side effects, financial ruin, etc.

What you describe is life on planet earth.......there are no guarantees......and death awaits all of us.....those taking this shot should be prepared for long lasting/permanent side effects/death as well......that's fact not fiction.......

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 08:28 PM

God's got your number, He'll pull it when he wants to. Vaccine or no vaccine.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by deerhunter1956
Do the vaccines work I did get the shots but didn,t all the democrats say they get them also but six still got infected.

My understanding is that there is still a small chance that you can get infected by the virus if you are vaxed but your chances of a severe reaction are almost non existent with the US vax's.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 08:44 PM

Buying who's words?

Is your world so small around you that you do not know one person well that has died from this virus or gotten extremely sick?

Do you really believe this is not a real thing and nobody is dying from it?

No wooly, I know a few that have got it including my brother and SIL, sick a few days then done. It’s not near near as deadly as they have you believing. Had an uncle pass away WITH it, not from it but guess what, yep, it was counted as a Covid death. That’s why people keep saying the number you posted is BS.

You keep on believing your idol fraud fauci and live in fear and be a good little sheep. Go get you a shot, oh, but then you still might get it. Better just lock your scared self in the house.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
God's got your number, He'll pull it when he wants to. Vaccine or no vaccine.

Bible verse about dying before your time.

Can a person die before his appointed time to die? (ebible.com)
Eccl 7:17 " Be not overly wicked, neither be a fool. Why should you die before your time?"

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/22/21 08:53 PM

The reactions to the vaccine are not a "crap shoot". A miniscule percentage of the population has had ill effects from the vaccine. A crap shoot is a risky or uncertain situation...while not 100% safe, the reactions to the vaccine are overwhelmingly minimal.

roflmao
Posted By: soooo

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/23/21 12:32 PM

Why is Delta such a big deal? And other burning questions about the next phase of the Covid-19 pandemic
Andrew Joseph
By Andrew Joseph July 23, 2021

Reprints
+

Virus Outbreak Los Angeles
Izzy Galvan, 20, wears a face mask while visiting the Griffith Observatory overlooking downtown Los Angeles this week.
JAE C. HONG/AP
The rise of the Delta variant has driven new Covid-19 outbreaks, rattled markets, and reminded us that — for all the progress made in the fight against the pandemic — vulnerabilities persist.

In the United States, where the variant is estimated to be causing more than 4 out of 5 new infections, largely among the unvaccinated, the outbreaks in places like Arkansas and Missouri have once again placed health systems under stress. They’ve also led to more questions about whether Delta even poses a threat to people who are vaccinated and complicated the discussion about what precautions schools need to reopen fully in the fall.

Below, STAT runs through some of the most pressing concerns about Delta and how it’s changing the landscape of the pandemic.

The most important takeaway: Even in the face of Delta, vaccines are still doing what they’re designed to do. That is, they’re defanging the threat of a Covid-19 infection, protecting people from getting so sick they have to be hospitalized and from death. Pretty much nothing in medicine is absolute, so a tiny fraction of vaccinated people will still wind up getting really sick, but there’s a clear reason why some 97% to 99% of current hospitalizations and deaths are occurring among those who are unvaccinated.

Why is Delta such a big deal?

It’s important to keep in mind that Delta is a much bigger threat in places with limited vaccines access, unlike in the United States. But Delta spreads so effectively that it is fueling spikes in cases, and, in turn, increases in hospitalizations, in vulnerable U.S. communities as well.

Scientists are still trying to determine if Delta causes more severe disease on average than other variants, but in fact, experts worry more about a virus becoming more transmissible than they do about one mutating to become more dangerous. Viruses that spread more efficiently drive up cases more quickly, so the end result is an overall greater number of hospitalizations and deaths.

In this case, Delta appears to spread more voraciously than earlier forms of the coronavirus in part because people infected with it have much higher levels of virus in their airways. That means they “shed” more virus, and that if others come into contact with them, they’re more likely to get infected. Delta has underscored the argument from experts that people are either going to get vaccinated, or that at some point they’re going to get Covid-19.

NEWSLETTERS
A roundup of STAT's top stories of the day.

Enter your email
Privacy Policy
At a population level, communities also need to have higher levels of protection (meaning more people who are vaccinated, or who’ve had previous infections) to gradually put a brake on the spread of more transmissible viruses. That helps explain why Delta is driving case upticks even in states with relatively high vaccination coverage, though those increases are significantly smaller than those in less vaccinated states.

I’m hearing a lot about breakthrough infections. Is Delta causing more of them? What does that mean about the vaccines?

We’ve never really had a good estimate for how frequently breakthrough infections occur. The carefully monitored clinical trials that gave us our best estimates for vaccine effectiveness were generally designed to measure how well the shots protect against symptomatic Covid-19 cases — not any infection. And in the real world, it’s presumed that a lot of mild and asymptomatic breakthrough infections go undetected. Without that baseline, it’s hard to say how the rate is changing over time. What is clear is that the vast majority are asymptomatic or mild.

There are a couple reasons why you might be hearing more about breakthrough infections now. One is that they make news — someone contracting the coronavirus even though they’re vaccinated makes for an easy headline, even though we’ve been told from the early days of the vaccine campaign that immunized people would still sometimes get Covid-19. Also, people are coming to realize that even if vaccines broadly limit disease to “mild” illness, that can still leave them feeling pretty crappy for a few days — even as it saves them from feeling worse for longer, and from getting much sicker.

Related: Delta variant surges to 83% of sequenced Covid-19 cases in the U.S., CDC says
It’s also possible that breakthrough infections are happening more frequently for reasons that have nothing to do with how well vaccines are working. For one, many of us have returned to activities we had put off. Having more, unmasked contact with others — at bars, weddings, family gatherings, whatever — increases the risk that we’ll come into contact with an infectious person. (It’s no surprise that the place with the highest rate of new cases in Massachusetts is summer tourism hot spot Cape Cod.) Plus, as cases increase, there’s just more virus around, so we’re more likely to be exposed.

There’s a statistical reason that could also be playing a role. The higher the percentage of a community that’s vaccinated, generally the lower the absolute number of cases will be — which is what everyone is aiming for. But as a greater proportion of that community becomes vaccinated, breakthrough infections will actually account for a greater share of overall cases. Think about a scenario where 100% of people are vaccinated — 100% of cases would be among the vaccinated.

Then, there’s Delta’s impact on vaccines. The good news is that the vaccines are maintaining their ability to protect against hospitalization and deaths, even in the face of this evolved virus. As researchers wrote in a New England Journal of Medicine study this week that looked at the effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca vaccines against Delta, “only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness were noted with the Delta variant as compared with” other forms of the virus, as long as people had both shots of the two-dose regimens.

Related: How Delta is pushing the U.S. into a new phase of the Covid-19 pandemic
But it is possible — though not confirmed — that the mutations in Delta give it some room to wriggle around the vaccine’s full defenses. The result could be that Delta is more likely to establish a breakthrough infection and possibly cause some symptoms, though the bulk of the protection still kicks in and guards against the worst outcomes. Health officials, however, say they’re not seeing signs that Delta or some other variant is causing a disproportionate number of breakthrough cases.

Some places are once again encouraging masks in indoor settings, even for vaccinated people. Are people infected with Delta more likely to transmit the virus even if they’ve been vaccinated?

If vaccines achieved their main purpose in preventing severe disease and death, a huge added bonus was how much they cut transmission. They did this by preventing many infections entirely, and likely making those who still got infected less infectious for shorter periods of time — meaning they were less likely to pass the virus to others. (Though whether or to what extent vaccinated people have been spreading the virus at all is still unsettled.)

It’s possible that the shots’ impact on transmission is slightly lessened in the face of Delta, though we don’t know that for sure, either. That’s not to say that vaccines have no impact on Delta’s transmission, of course, but it might be dented.

Related: Public health officials have tools to beat back Covid again. Does anyone want to use them?
In recent days, communities worried about rising case numbers have reupped their encouragement of masks in certain areas. Los Angeles County officials mandated them in indoor public settings. Masks, after all, are the least disruptive mitigation measure, compared to capacity limits or other restrictions. The new local recommendations could help if vaccinated people are in fact playing a significant role in transmission, but it could also help increase mask usage overall. It’s been recommended that those who remain unvaccinated keep up with masking, but when there are different recommendations for different groups, it’s hard to know for sure that the unmasked customers at the grocery store indeed got their shots.

On Thursday, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky said the guidance that unvaccinated people can go unmasked hasn’t changed, but allowed that local communities should make their own recommendations. It’s a reminder that the Covid-19 landscape varies dramatically across the United States, with the risk situation in, say, Vermont being quite different than in Texas.

Just how effective are vaccines against Delta? Will I need a booster?

The best measures we have of the effectiveness of authorized vaccines come from clinical trials, but they were completed before Delta emerged. Without trials, we rely on a mix of real-world studies and lab experiments, which each have their own limitations.

The real-world studies have come up with a range of effectiveness estimates, but the clear takeaway has been that full vaccine regimens protect against the worst outcomes no matter the variant they face. Delta seems to be less of a threat to immune protection than another, less common variant, Beta. (A full regimen means both of the shots in the two-dose courses.)

Trending Now: Comparing the Covid-19 vaccines developed by Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson
One key question in the United States has centered on whether people who received the one-dose Johnson & Johnson shot should get a booster of one of the mRNA vaccines, those made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna. Some lab experiments have indicated the antibody levels from the one J&J shot are sufficient to stand up against Delta, though another study that garnered headlines this week suggested those antibodies weren’t all that protective against Delta. Perhaps, one hypothesis went, two doses of J&J or a combo of J&J and another shot would be needed to build up protection levels to guard against Delta — akin to how studies have shown that just one shot of some of the other vaccines is not all that effective against the variant.

But the conflicting results highlight the limitations of what can be extrapolated from these lab studies (for one, they just look at one of several components of immune protection). There will certainly be more research into this question, such as whether Delta is breaking through J&J shots more frequently than other vaccines or is more likely to cause breakthrough disease in those people. But federal officials reiterated Thursday that right now, they do not recommend that people who got the J&J shot get an mRNA booster.

Does Delta mean we’re not going to eradicate Covid-19?

Covid-19 isn’t going to be eradicated, but that was the reality before Delta came around.

STAT+: Exclusive analysis of biopharma, health policy, and the life sciences.
Remember, the long game with the virus is that our bodies become so used to recognizing it and warding it off that, over time, it becomes little more than a nuisance. With each exposure to the virus, either through an infection or an exposure-mimicking vaccine, our bodies get retrained to fight it. Eventually, SARS-CoV-2 is likely to join the ranks of respiratory viruses that cause occasional colds, with rare exceptions of serious illness.

In a way, we’ve started the journey to making the coronavirus less of a big deal. Given how many people remain unprotected, we’ve still got a long way to go. But in areas where lots of people are protected — including the vast majority of older adults, who are most likely to die from Covid-19 — even if infections are going up, deaths are not. It’s the first step toward putting the pandemic behind us.

About the AuthorReprints
Andrew Joseph
Andrew Joseph
General Assignment Reporter

Andrew covers a range of topics, from addiction to public health to genetics.

andrew.joseph@statnews.com
@DrewQJoseph
Tags
CORONAVIRUS
PUBLIC HEALTH
VACCINES

ADD A COMMENT
STAT+
Exclusive biopharma, health policy, and life science analysis. Start your 30-day free trial today.
TRY STAT+

MOST POPULAR
vaccine silhouetteComparing the Covid-19 vaccines developed by Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson
purple candida aurisU.S. sees first cases of dangerous fungus resistant to all drugs in untreated people
MonkeypoxMore than 200 people in U.S. being monitored for possible monkeypox exposure, CDC says
DNA sequencing concept illoThe baby was gravely ill. Rapid sequencing turned around a diagnosis in 13 hours — and pointed to a treatment
STAT Plus
magnifying glass w/ reportsMost clinical trials failed to meet U.S. transparency requirements for recently approved drugs
Pfizer Albert BourlaPfizer looks to widen access to Covid-19 vaccine in Africa, but advocates say it doesn’t go far enough
Paper cup pills nonadherent noncompliantFDA plans to study whether pharma reps at conference exhibit booths are telling the truth
Learn more about STAT+
EVENTS
STAT Summit
Nov. 16, 2021
Gene therapy’s next steps
Aug. 12, 2021
The next battles in the war against HIV
Jul. 29, 2021
See More Events
STAT REPORTS
Deep-dive reports into the breakthroughs that are revolutionizing health care.
Good bacteria: The microbiome, its vast therapeutic potential, and the challenges ahead
Understanding synthetic biology, featuring 10 companies to watch
Nanotechnology in Medicine
See More Reports

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/23/21 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by soooo
Why is Delta such a big deal? And other burning questions about the next phase of the Covid-19 pandemic
Andrew Joseph
By Andrew Joseph July 23, 2021

Reprints
+

Virus Outbreak Los Angeles
Izzy Galvan, 20, wears a face mask while visiting the Griffith Observatory overlooking downtown Los Angeles this week.
JAE C. HONG/AP
The rise of the Delta variant has driven new Covid-19 outbreaks, rattled markets, and reminded us that — for all the progress made in the fight against the pandemic — vulnerabilities persist.

In the United States, where the variant is estimated to be causing more than 4 out of 5 new infections, largely among the unvaccinated, the outbreaks in places like Arkansas and Missouri have once again placed health systems under stress. They’ve also led to more questions about whether Delta even poses a threat to people who are vaccinated and complicated the discussion about what precautions schools need to reopen fully in the fall.

Below, STAT runs through some of the most pressing concerns about Delta and how it’s changing the landscape of the pandemic.

The most important takeaway: Even in the face of Delta, vaccines are still doing what they’re designed to do. That is, they’re defanging the threat of a Covid-19 infection, protecting people from getting so sick they have to be hospitalized and from death. Pretty much nothing in medicine is absolute, so a tiny fraction of vaccinated people will still wind up getting really sick, but there’s a clear reason why some 97% to 99% of current hospitalizations and deaths are occurring among those who are unvaccinated.

Why is Delta such a big deal?

It’s important to keep in mind that Delta is a much bigger threat in places with limited vaccines access, unlike in the United States. But Delta spreads so effectively that it is fueling spikes in cases, and, in turn, increases in hospitalizations, in vulnerable U.S. communities as well.

Scientists are still trying to determine if Delta causes more severe disease on average than other variants, but in fact, experts worry more about a virus becoming more transmissible than they do about one mutating to become more dangerous. Viruses that spread more efficiently drive up cases more quickly, so the end result is an overall greater number of hospitalizations and deaths.

In this case, Delta appears to spread more voraciously than earlier forms of the coronavirus in part because people infected with it have much higher levels of virus in their airways. That means they “shed” more virus, and that if others come into contact with them, they’re more likely to get infected. Delta has underscored the argument from experts that people are either going to get vaccinated, or that at some point they’re going to get Covid-19.

NEWSLETTERS
A roundup of STAT's top stories of the day.

Enter your email
Privacy Policy
At a population level, communities also need to have higher levels of protection (meaning more people who are vaccinated, or who’ve had previous infections) to gradually put a brake on the spread of more transmissible viruses. That helps explain why Delta is driving case upticks even in states with relatively high vaccination coverage, though those increases are significantly smaller than those in less vaccinated states.

I’m hearing a lot about breakthrough infections. Is Delta causing more of them? What does that mean about the vaccines?

We’ve never really had a good estimate for how frequently breakthrough infections occur. The carefully monitored clinical trials that gave us our best estimates for vaccine effectiveness were generally designed to measure how well the shots protect against symptomatic Covid-19 cases — not any infection. And in the real world, it’s presumed that a lot of mild and asymptomatic breakthrough infections go undetected. Without that baseline, it’s hard to say how the rate is changing over time. What is clear is that the vast majority are asymptomatic or mild.

There are a couple reasons why you might be hearing more about breakthrough infections now. One is that they make news — someone contracting the coronavirus even though they’re vaccinated makes for an easy headline, even though we’ve been told from the early days of the vaccine campaign that immunized people would still sometimes get Covid-19. Also, people are coming to realize that even if vaccines broadly limit disease to “mild” illness, that can still leave them feeling pretty crappy for a few days — even as it saves them from feeling worse for longer, and from getting much sicker.

Related: Delta variant surges to 83% of sequenced Covid-19 cases in the U.S., CDC says
It’s also possible that breakthrough infections are happening more frequently for reasons that have nothing to do with how well vaccines are working. For one, many of us have returned to activities we had put off. Having more, unmasked contact with others — at bars, weddings, family gatherings, whatever — increases the risk that we’ll come into contact with an infectious person. (It’s no surprise that the place with the highest rate of new cases in Massachusetts is summer tourism hot spot Cape Cod.) Plus, as cases increase, there’s just more virus around, so we’re more likely to be exposed.

There’s a statistical reason that could also be playing a role. The higher the percentage of a community that’s vaccinated, generally the lower the absolute number of cases will be — which is what everyone is aiming for. But as a greater proportion of that community becomes vaccinated, breakthrough infections will actually account for a greater share of overall cases. Think about a scenario where 100% of people are vaccinated — 100% of cases would be among the vaccinated.

Then, there’s Delta’s impact on vaccines. The good news is that the vaccines are maintaining their ability to protect against hospitalization and deaths, even in the face of this evolved virus. As researchers wrote in a New England Journal of Medicine study this week that looked at the effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca vaccines against Delta, “only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness were noted with the Delta variant as compared with” other forms of the virus, as long as people had both shots of the two-dose regimens.

Related: How Delta is pushing the U.S. into a new phase of the Covid-19 pandemic
But it is possible — though not confirmed — that the mutations in Delta give it some room to wriggle around the vaccine’s full defenses. The result could be that Delta is more likely to establish a breakthrough infection and possibly cause some symptoms, though the bulk of the protection still kicks in and guards against the worst outcomes. Health officials, however, say they’re not seeing signs that Delta or some other variant is causing a disproportionate number of breakthrough cases.

Some places are once again encouraging masks in indoor settings, even for vaccinated people. Are people infected with Delta more likely to transmit the virus even if they’ve been vaccinated?

If vaccines achieved their main purpose in preventing severe disease and death, a huge added bonus was how much they cut transmission. They did this by preventing many infections entirely, and likely making those who still got infected less infectious for shorter periods of time — meaning they were less likely to pass the virus to others. (Though whether or to what extent vaccinated people have been spreading the virus at all is still unsettled.)

It’s possible that the shots’ impact on transmission is slightly lessened in the face of Delta, though we don’t know that for sure, either. That’s not to say that vaccines have no impact on Delta’s transmission, of course, but it might be dented.

Related: Public health officials have tools to beat back Covid again. Does anyone want to use them?
In recent days, communities worried about rising case numbers have reupped their encouragement of masks in certain areas. Los Angeles County officials mandated them in indoor public settings. Masks, after all, are the least disruptive mitigation measure, compared to capacity limits or other restrictions. The new local recommendations could help if vaccinated people are in fact playing a significant role in transmission, but it could also help increase mask usage overall. It’s been recommended that those who remain unvaccinated keep up with masking, but when there are different recommendations for different groups, it’s hard to know for sure that the unmasked customers at the grocery store indeed got their shots.

On Thursday, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky said the guidance that unvaccinated people can go unmasked hasn’t changed, but allowed that local communities should make their own recommendations. It’s a reminder that the Covid-19 landscape varies dramatically across the United States, with the risk situation in, say, Vermont being quite different than in Texas.

Just how effective are vaccines against Delta? Will I need a booster?

The best measures we have of the effectiveness of authorized vaccines come from clinical trials, but they were completed before Delta emerged. Without trials, we rely on a mix of real-world studies and lab experiments, which each have their own limitations.

The real-world studies have come up with a range of effectiveness estimates, but the clear takeaway has been that full vaccine regimens protect against the worst outcomes no matter the variant they face. Delta seems to be less of a threat to immune protection than another, less common variant, Beta. (A full regimen means both of the shots in the two-dose courses.)

Trending Now: Comparing the Covid-19 vaccines developed by Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson
One key question in the United States has centered on whether people who received the one-dose Johnson & Johnson shot should get a booster of one of the mRNA vaccines, those made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna. Some lab experiments have indicated the antibody levels from the one J&J shot are sufficient to stand up against Delta, though another study that garnered headlines this week suggested those antibodies weren’t all that protective against Delta. Perhaps, one hypothesis went, two doses of J&J or a combo of J&J and another shot would be needed to build up protection levels to guard against Delta — akin to how studies have shown that just one shot of some of the other vaccines is not all that effective against the variant.

But the conflicting results highlight the limitations of what can be extrapolated from these lab studies (for one, they just look at one of several components of immune protection). There will certainly be more research into this question, such as whether Delta is breaking through J&J shots more frequently than other vaccines or is more likely to cause breakthrough disease in those people. But federal officials reiterated Thursday that right now, they do not recommend that people who got the J&J shot get an mRNA booster.

Does Delta mean we’re not going to eradicate Covid-19?

Covid-19 isn’t going to be eradicated, but that was the reality before Delta came around.

STAT+: Exclusive analysis of biopharma, health policy, and the life sciences.
Remember, the long game with the virus is that our bodies become so used to recognizing it and warding it off that, over time, it becomes little more than a nuisance. With each exposure to the virus, either through an infection or an exposure-mimicking vaccine, our bodies get retrained to fight it. Eventually, SARS-CoV-2 is likely to join the ranks of respiratory viruses that cause occasional colds, with rare exceptions of serious illness.

In a way, we’ve started the journey to making the coronavirus less of a big deal. Given how many people remain unprotected, we’ve still got a long way to go. But in areas where lots of people are protected — including the vast majority of older adults, who are most likely to die from Covid-19 — even if infections are going up, deaths are not. It’s the first step toward putting the pandemic behind us.

About the AuthorReprints
Andrew Joseph
Andrew Joseph
General Assignment Reporter

Andrew covers a range of topics, from addiction to public health to genetics.

andrew.joseph@statnews.com
@DrewQJoseph
Tags
CORONAVIRUS
PUBLIC HEALTH
VACCINES

ADD A COMMENT
STAT+
Exclusive biopharma, health policy, and life science analysis. Start your 30-day free trial today.
TRY STAT+

MOST POPULAR
vaccine silhouetteComparing the Covid-19 vaccines developed by Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson
purple candida aurisU.S. sees first cases of dangerous fungus resistant to all drugs in untreated people
MonkeypoxMore than 200 people in U.S. being monitored for possible monkeypox exposure, CDC says
DNA sequencing concept illoThe baby was gravely ill. Rapid sequencing turned around a diagnosis in 13 hours — and pointed to a treatment
STAT Plus
magnifying glass w/ reportsMost clinical trials failed to meet U.S. transparency requirements for recently approved drugs
Pfizer Albert BourlaPfizer looks to widen access to Covid-19 vaccine in Africa, but advocates say it doesn’t go far enough
Paper cup pills nonadherent noncompliantFDA plans to study whether pharma reps at conference exhibit booths are telling the truth
Learn more about STAT+
EVENTS
STAT Summit
Nov. 16, 2021
Gene therapy’s next steps
Aug. 12, 2021
The next battles in the war against HIV
Jul. 29, 2021
See More Events
STAT REPORTS
Deep-dive reports into the breakthroughs that are revolutionizing health care.
Good bacteria: The microbiome, its vast therapeutic potential, and the challenges ahead
Understanding synthetic biology, featuring 10 companies to watch
Nanotechnology in Medicine
See More Reports

of course its bad, how else can you hide this

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/23/21 11:04 PM

At times??? That MF’er is confused as soon as his eyes open in the morning
Posted By: tenyearsgone

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/24/21 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
Originally Posted by deerhunter1956

My understanding is that there is still a small chance that you can get infected by the virus if you are vaxed but your chances of a severe reaction are almost non existent with the US vax's.

Preliminary data out of Israel shows the Pfizer vaccine only having a 39% effectiveness against the preventing the delta variant.
Posted By: soooo

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/24/21 11:23 AM

My vaccine is 100% effective so far.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/24/21 04:16 PM

Soooooooooooooooooooooo's my immune system.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/24/21 05:56 PM

Just got back from my Dr's office. Thought I had a sinus infection but turned out to be upper respiratory. Got a Z-Pack. They did a Covid test and a flu test - both neg. Assistant told me they've been getting a lot of Covid cases lately mostly unvaccinated but some with previously vaccinated folks. The vax'd people only had mild cold-like symptoms.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/24/21 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Just got back from my Dr's office. Thought I had a sinus infection but turned out to be upper respiratory. Got a Z-Pack. They did a Covid test and a flu test - both neg. Assistant told me they've been getting a lot of Covid cases lately mostly unvaccinated but some with previously vaccinated folks. The vax'd people only had mild cold-like symptoms.

I have a close friend that’s an er nurse in McKinney. She’s says they’re stacked with covid patients right now. She’s saying about 50/50 vaxed/unvaxed

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/24/21 07:53 PM

Soooooooooooooooooooooo's my immune system.

up roflmao
Posted By: papa45

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 01:21 PM

603, how is your BIL doing? Is he over it?

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 01:51 PM

My wife called yesterday to check up on him. He is still sick, and this must be about 20 days so far. He’s at home, and has been. Per his wife, he is not a good patient. Exactly how sick he is, we don’t know. Oddly, his doctor never prescribed any sort of medication. That makes no sense to me.

What meds does the Forum suggest, I wonder? We’ll pass along the info.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 02:07 PM

My wife was telling me about one of her clients got it, doc gave her Remdesivir, same cocktail Trump took, she said immediately she started feeling better, 20 minutes...

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 02:35 PM

My wife called yesterday to check up on him. He is still sick, and this must be about 20 days so far. He’s at home, and has been. Per his wife, he is not a good patient. Exactly how sick he is, we don’t know. Oddly, his doctor never prescribed any sort of medication. That makes no sense to me.

Damn
Hope he kicks it soon.

I don't know what his symptoms are but I know my buddy got me on a steriod right away to try and keep it from getting to my lungs and it didn't thank God.
Other than that I didn't take anything except vitamins.
Posted By: John2

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 04:50 PM

One of my wife's friends went to the hospital and she had it,After four days in the hospital she passed away but the kicker is,she was living with her sister and her sister never got it and is still healthy and neither of them had the shots.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 04:51 PM

Ivermectin.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
Ivermectin.

the cdc says it's the devil.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by John2
One of my wife's friends went to the hospital and she had it,After four days in the hospital she passed away but the kicker is,she was living with her sister and her sister never got it and is still healthy and neither of them had the shots.

Curious, -- age, other health issues, etc.? I know somebody right now with some symptoms, but hasn't been tested yet.

Strange things are happening with this virus.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 07:22 PM

Ivermectin.

You may take the CDC as gospel, I absolutely do not.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 07:42 PM

Ivermectin.

Still need doxycycline and need to start Ivermectin early into covid
Posted By: John2

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by John2

Curious, -- age, other health issues, etc.? I know somebody right now with some symptoms, but hasn't been tested yet.

Strange things are happening with this virus.

Probably in her middle 70's with no health issues that we knew of and her and her sister seemed to always be on the go.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 08:15 PM

Spoke with the BiL’s wife about suggestions for meds. She said the doc prescribed a bunch of vitamins and won’t prescribe anything else. He’s either incompetent or knows my jerk BiL.

They need another doctor, but I doubt they’ll do that. The BiL is a hardheaded know-it-all and will not take suggestions. The idiot…
Posted By: TCM3

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 09:01 PM

Ivermectin.

For them it is...
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 09:04 PM

Last time I had the flu my employer said I had to get a Doctors note because I missed 3 days of work. Well when I went in the DR told me I had crackling in one of my lungs, and asked if I wanted anything for it. I told her that I try to take as little medication as possible, so I'll pass on the antibiotics. She said she agrees with my thought process, and said if she doesn't offer her patients meds they feel that she isn't doing her job...... and that doctors over prescribe antibiotics.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Ivermectin.

Still need doxycycline and need to start Ivermectin early into covid

Not necessarily I don't believe Bobo, but I could be wrong. There's a long thread over on 24HCF of guys using Ivermectin successfully by itself at varying stages.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 09:42 PM

The “science” on ivermectin and doxy and hcq are all still “up in the air”, meaning there is bo definitive proof they work or don’t work, but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence it could help and the side effects from those meds are very low.

If i had some higher risk conditions that predisposed me to having a bad time with covid, i would probably look at getting some of each. But since i don’t, i didn’t and won’t.

Seeing as how the BIL has been sick now for a while, i would prob rx something to help get him over the virus, cant really hurt, and may help. Hearing 603 talk about the BIL, sounds like he wont take anything anyway.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 10:48 PM

Ivermectin.

All the more reason to take it.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 10:57 PM

The “science” on ivermectin and doxy and hcq are all still “up in the air”, meaning there is bo definitive proof they work or don’t work, but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence it could help and the side effects from those meds are very low.

If i had some higher risk conditions that predisposed me to having a bad time with covid, i would probably look at getting some of each. But since i don’t, i didn’t and won’t.

Seeing as how the BIL has been sick now for a while, i would prob rx something to help get him over the virus, cant really hurt, and may help. Hearing 603 talk about the BIL, sounds like he wont take anything anyway.

roflmao there is absolutely proof HCQ and ivermectin work, you’re just not looking in the right place for the evidence or you don’t believe the Dr.’s that have been using it this whole time.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/30/21 11:10 PM

roflmao there is absolutely proof HCQ and ivermectin work, you’re just not looking in the right place for the evidence or you don’t believe the Dr.’s that have been using it this whole time.

Believe it or not thunder, i have looked, and the studies that have been done are either small sample size or inconclusive. I don’t want to get into that argument in this thread, if you wish to put up some studies in a different thread i will be happy to discuss them with you.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 01:02 AM

I’m not talking about some gov payed for study. I’m talking about actual Dr.s that have been using it to treat Covid patients. They have all been censored by big tech for the last year, but you can still find the videos of them talking about it. I’m not gonna look them up and post links because it’s a waste of time for you folks that will shrug it off since it didn’t come from the cdc or fauci.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 01:18 AM

It was our doctor (and our eye doctor) that suggested ivermectin.
Posted By: Poppa

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 01:32 AM

how much ivermectin and how often? what dose did he/she recommend? oral or pour on?

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Poppa

how much ivermectin and how often? what dose did he/she recommend? oral or pour on?

1cc per 110lbs of body weight, from what I'm told.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 02:04 AM

Get some of these in him...
https://www.walmart.com/browse/health/zinc/976760_1005863_6070710_4587416

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 02:05 AM

From what i've read, you have to use the Injectable ivermectin

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 02:42 AM

I have the injectable. Got it at Tractor Supply. Haven’t used it yet. The wife rubs on the apple flavored paste every day. No virus, and I guess she’s dewormed. Oldest SiL called his doc and got a prescription for the ivermectin pills for humans. He had a light case, so maybe the stuff works.

The BiL is eating now, and better. His wife is now sick with it and has all sorts of medical allergies, which is why she says she didn't want the shots. No more info on her yet.

They both have been on zinc and vitamins.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 02:45 AM

glad your BIL is on the mend. praying for his wife.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 02:56 AM

I’m not talking about some gov payed for study. I’m talking about actual Dr.s that have been using it to treat Covid patients. They have all been censored by big tech for the last year, but you can still find the videos of them talking about it. I’m not gonna look them up and post links because it’s a waste of time for you folks that will shrug it off since it didn’t come from the cdc or fauci.

Yep, I have seen plenty of situations where that works. The Gov. won't say that as they want the jab.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3
glad your BIL is on the mend. praying for his wife.

Agreed. Prayers up Sir

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 03:06 AM

Thanks for the prayers. I have to admit I’m a little worried about both of them, as they weren’t healthy to start with and are 77 years old. I really don’t like the BiL much, but I’d rather have him around than not.

You wouldn’t like him either, I promise. But thanks for the prayers anyway. Ya’ll are good people.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 05:45 PM

Update. The BiL has asked to be admitted to the hospital, but they say he isn’t sick enough. His wife, being allergic to many medicines, is now in the hospital with the virus and pneumonia. Man, this just gets worse and worse, and the BiL’s doctor still won’t prescribe anything more than zinc and vitamins. Geez…

I think this could have all been made less bad with the proper meds, and they got NOTHING from the doc. Criminal, just criminal…
Posted By: don k

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 06:13 PM

Update. The BiL has asked to be admitted to the hospital, but they say he isn’t sick enough. His wife, being allergic to many medicines, is now in the hospital with the virus and pneumonia. Man, this just gets worse and worse, and the BiL’s doctor still won’t prescribe anything more than zinc and vitamins. Geez…

I think this could have all been made less bad with the proper meds, and they got NOTHING from the doc. Criminal, just criminal…

Sounds like the doctor doesn't like him either.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by don k

Sounds like the doctor doesn't like him either.

Go see a new doctor is what I'd suggest.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 07:03 PM

Ivermectin.

I imagine if there was an active patent and money to be made hand over fist with it big pharm would be pushing it. But that is just my own thought.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Ivermectin.

I imagine if there was an active patent and money to be made hand over fist with it big pharm would be pushing it. But that is just my own thought.

Nailed it. It is for the dogs.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 07:21 PM

Daughter came home from camp had an 8 hr fever, tested positive.

We began ivermectin and doxycycline with 8 hours of daughter testing positive

Wife- positive test 4days later -symptoms one day(mild sinus pressure)
Me-positive 6 days later -symptoms mild sinus pressure for three days, mild fever one night.

My doctor has treated a bunch of patients. He says caught it early and keep it out of lungs and recovery is typically very quick. Biggest difference in ivermectin shorter symptoms and quicker recovery

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 07:28 PM

Not necessarily I don't believe Bobo, but I could be wrong. There's a long thread over on 24HCF of guys using Ivermectin successfully by itself at varying stages.

I suggested Ivermectin back in 2020 when Australia first started trying it. My doctor/and good friend had turned me on the the article. He began prescribing it later 2020

the doxycycline is an antibiotic specific to pneumonia. Whole point to keep lungs good. It’s a cocktail he has being prescribing for over 8 months.

Worked for me and I know people who think have gotten mild pneumonia with just Ivermectin. I’m not shooting from him. I’ve been very firm on ivermectin and doxycycline know of over 9 months on THF.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3

From what i've read, you have to use the Injectable ivermectin

No, do not get injectable. Have your doctor prescribe it so you don’t get an additional dewormer that’s toxic to liver

Oral tablets 3mg each
@235lb 21mg twice a week for two weeks.
@150lb 15 mg twice a week for two weeks

CVS filled my scripts
Posted By: therancher

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

And 40% of their hospitalized have been vaccinated. Check this out!

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infect...p;utm_term=NL_Daily_Breaking_News_Active
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by therancher
Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

And 40% of their hospitalized have been vaccinated. Check this out!

How many deaths?

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 08:24 PM

I wonder if doctors will prescribe ivermectin now. FDA now recommends against it, I think.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 10:20 PM

I wonder if doctors will prescribe ivermectin now. FDA now recommends against it, I think.

For dogs.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 10:52 PM

Bill, get up to speed. Ivermectin pills can be prescribed for humans. Spare me the crap about dogs.
Posted By: erathar

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 10:56 PM

I just tested positive this afternoon.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by erathar

Prayers for you.
Both the wife and I had it back starting the first of the month. We were both pretty darn sick for about 10 days and are both just now getting most of our strength and energy back. Those who make fun of the virus would think differently if they ever get it.
Posted By: Cinch

Re: BiL just got the virus - 07/31/21 11:15 PM

Had it in November. Got vaccinated in February. Got really sick 6 weeks ago but did not get tested. I am pretty sure I had it again. I am 53 and pretty healthy, but it kicked my arse this last time. I did lose taste and smell again, but slowly getting it back after 6 weeks. Definitely was sicker this time and that was after getting vaccinated. Got the shot per recommendation of my doc, who is also a great friend. I’m on the fence about how much the vaccine helped me personally. Just my 2 cents. To each their own with their health decisions.
Posted By: pnh

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/01/21 12:30 AM

I haven't had it, as far as I know. I should be dead because I haven't complied in any way. Makes you wonder.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/01/21 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by MikeC

Prayers for you.
Both the wife and I had it back starting the first of the month. We were both pretty darn sick for about 10 days and are both just now getting most of our strength and energy back. Those who make fun of the virus would think differently if they ever get it.

We had it last week. Wife had extremely mild symptoms for a whole day, me mild symptoms for three days. Daughter low fever 12 hours.

I won’t make fun of the virus but I will tell anyone to their face to F off, “IF” they are pushing vaccinations in my age class since it’s a huge .4 percent chance of killing me.

If you fall in to high risk get vaccinated, but vaccination isn’t nor should it be a blanket ideology

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/01/21 09:13 PM

We were both vaccinated back in January because we are over 65 and considered high risk but we got the variant anyway. I just saw where a study done in Massachusetts said the 74% of those with the Delta variant were fully vaccinated.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/01/21 09:16 PM

We were both vaccinated back in January because we are over 65 and considered high risk but we got the variant anyway. I just saw where a study done in Massachusetts said the 74% of those with the Delta variant were fully vaccinated.

Did it lessen the symptoms?

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/01/21 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by pnh
I haven't had it, as far as I know. I should be dead because I haven't complied in any way. Makes you wonder.

Me too man! No mask, no social distance, no hiding in my house for the last year, I don’t bump elbows like a retard, I shake your F-ing hand like it should be. Guess our immune system is up to speed there pnh

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/01/21 09:23 PM

I cannot speak for Mike but A distant acquaintance of mine that is elderly was fully vaccinated and died last week

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/01/21 09:58 PM

Update: BiL is up and around, and had a good lunch. His wife, however, is still in the hospital.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/01/21 11:14 PM

I cannot speak for Mike but A distant acquaintance of mine that is elderly was fully vaccinated and died last week

scratch

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/01/21 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by pnh

Me too man! No mask, no social distance, no hiding in my house for the last year, I don’t bump elbows like a retard, I shake your F-ing hand like it should be. Guess our immune system is up to speed there pnh
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 12:07 PM

[Linked Image]

I post this as a joke but it's a serious question. More and more questions are being asked about the testing methods and accuracy of these tests. We now have 10 Senators wanting to audit the CDC for several reasons. We've already had people admit to false positives and we've had those admit that cases were diagnosed as Covid without actual testing being done, just going by symptoms. Studies are coming out from various institutions claiming a high rate of false positives while others claim their tests are accurate. The problem is who do you believe? Recent report claims the CDC no longer accepts methods used in earlier testing due to it's inability to differentiate between common influenza and the Covid strain. This hasn't gotten a lot of attention and I have to question why. They openly admit that earlier testing was inaccurate, that should have been headline news. It's not our fault that some don't trust the accuracy of their information, it's their fault. We can't accuse others of not following the science when the science itself is very hard to follow and some highly suspicious.
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 12:12 PM

Bill, get up to speed. Ivermectin pills can be prescribed for humans. Spare me the crap about dogs.

Why (?), he got "another" post for his normal daily routine.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by fishdfly

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 01:23 PM

This entire debacle has trivialized the word "science."

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 01:28 PM

Tin foil hats.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by fishdfly

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Yep and another Bud Light kills more brain cells.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 02:59 PM

Well I guess. We didn't wind up in the hospital but it wasn't a walk in the park. I read that a mild case didn't mean that you wouldn't be really sick. It just means that you probably wouldn't wind up in the hospital. My sense of taste has pretty much returned but my sense of smell is still not what it used to be.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 03:46 PM

For most people.....like my wife and I......i'ts not a big deal......just do your homework on proven treatments with drugs that have been FDA approved for many years......DannyB posted a great resource, a Dr. who has been on the front lines treating it with great success.....
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 04:02 PM

603, hope your BIL makes a full recovery. Mayor in my small community also owns a feed store. He got Covid and has since recovered. He was down for 3 weeks. He took ivermectin that he sells at the feed store for animals. Another friend of mine also took ivermectin that he got at the feed store when he got Covid. He was down for 10 days. Both have recovered. I don’t know enough about Covid to judge whether it helped them or not but I’m glad they are better.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
[Linked Image]

I post this as a joke but it's a serious question. More and more questions are being asked about the testing methods and accuracy of these tests. We now have 10 Senators wanting to audit the CDC for several reasons. We've already had people admit to false positives and we've had those admit that cases were diagnosed as Covid without actual testing being done, just going by symptoms. Studies are coming out from various institutions claiming a high rate of false positives while others claim their tests are accurate. The problem is who do you believe? Recent report claims the CDC no longer accepts methods used in earlier testing due to it's inability to differentiate between common influenza and the Covid strain. This hasn't gotten a lot of attention and I have to question why. They openly admit that earlier testing was inaccurate, that should have been headline news. It's not our fault that some don't trust the accuracy of their information, it's their fault. We can't accuse others of not following the science when the science itself is very hard to follow and some highly suspicious.

I can tell you one reason, and that is, if you get hospitalized, AND you get diagnosed with covid, most insurance companies automatically pay for everything, even co-pay. So it's an easy button to get the bills paid.
Posted By: SRPI89

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 06:18 PM

Ivermectin.

I had dinner this weekend with two PA's that run clinics in small towns out here. They're seeing the uptick, but it's more of the "Oh my gosh, I have a runny nose, I have to have a Covid test". They have been instructed to prescribe Ivermectin to any positive tests.

I've talked to too many medical staff, farmers and ranchers here who had great results with it to not give it a try in the event I ever come down with it. I'm demanding it.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 07:26 PM

I can’t believe how disinformation spreads among intelligent people.

Vaccine reaction deaths are at maximum .0019, NOT 4%.

[Linked Image]

“Breakthrough” infections are exceedingly rare. Deaths and serious cases requiring hospitalization among the vaccinated are even more rare.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Cochise

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
I can’t believe how disinformation spreads among intelligent people.

Vaccine reaction deaths are at maximum .0019, NOT 4%.

[Linked Image]

“Breakthrough” infections are exceedingly rare. Deaths and serious cases requiring hospitalization among the vaccinated are even more rare.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Trust the government! They always tell the truth and have your BEST interest at heart! They have NEVER lied to the people. They have NEVER done experiments with detrimental effects on people! Never ever! Best honest trustworthy government! Worship them with me!
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 07:34 PM

I personally know several folks in Corsicana who have been hospitalized with COVID and three that have died. One was the pastor of the Baptist Church. He had tweeted several times downplaying the virus, etc. He almost died with it after refusing the vaccine. His tune has changed.
One local youth minister died 3 days ago with it. He was 37. He was not vaccinated. His family is distraught, now urging everyone to get the vaccine.

Please get vaccinated if you have not. If not for you, then for your family and friends. Don’t let misinformation and politics put you and others needlessly at risk.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 07:39 PM

I personally know several folks in Corsicana who have been hospitalized with COVID and three that have died. One was the pastor of the Baptist Church. He had tweeted several times downplaying the virus, etc. He almost died with it after refusing the vaccine. His tune has changed.
One local youth minister died 3 days ago with it. He was 37. He was not vaccinated. His family is distraught, now urging everyone to get the vaccine.

Please get vaccinated if you have not. If not for you, then for your family and friends. Don’t let misinformation and politics put you and others needlessly at risk.

Cool story. I know 13 people dead after their second vaccine. 5 of which I knew personally and it's not a "friend of a friend" kind of thing.

Refusing the vaccine has absolutely zero to do with politics or disinformation. Sorry you can't wrap your brain around that.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 07:42 PM

NP 99.7% of the people vaccinated, or not will survive covid.........

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 07:50 PM

I just went for PT on the shoulder this morning. I asked the therapy nurse if she’d recommend that the wife and I get the vax. She thought for a minute, pulled the drapes closed, moved close and softly said “No”.

As for the rest of you, do what makes sense to you. I’d say to follow the science, if we really knew what the science was. But we don’t.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Thankfully, I can’t read his ignorance anymore, surely he isn’t agrueing against the CDC death % numbers, I mean, I get he usually cites them for somethings then ignores them for others depending on his argument. But surely he isn’t agruing the %’s as higher?

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 07:58 PM

Thankfully, I can’t read his ignorance anymore, surely he isn’t agrueing against the CDC death % numbers, I mean, I get he usually cites them for somethings then ignores them for others depending on his argument. But surely he isn’t agruing the %’s as higher?

He's pretty much saying if you're not vaccinated you're going to die.
Posted By: Judd

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 08:12 PM

rofl The guy preaching misinformation quotes...wait for it....google and CNN. rofl

The irony of that...I'm laughing my [censored] off over here roflmao

One is censoring more information than anyone in the country and the other is the biggest fear seller in the country. Yeah, those are the two I'm going to believe.

Oh and don't forget the 3rd exhibit is from the CDC...have they gotten a damn thing right yet?

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cochise

He's pretty much saying if you're not vaccinated you're going to die.

So he is ignoring the CDC death rates. Got it

I wonder if my antibodies are stronger then the vaccine.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 08:19 PM

"I wonder if my antibodies are stronger then the vaccine."

Exactly what i am wondering.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
"I wonder if my antibodies are stronger then the vaccine."

Exactly what i am wondering.

Well I should start producing this week.

I image US is about to see an explosion of cash pay concierge doctors. MD’s/DO’s that are tired of being told how to treat by the Political elites Juris Doctor hence men…
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 08:28 PM

I asked my physician if I should get on an Ivermectin regimen as a preventative. Noting I had Covid in December, he said i did not need the Ivermectin nor the available vaccinations.

I noted the remarks about 4 - 6 months of usefulness in the blood stream, he indicated that was if I want to give plasma for others, but after that I would still have t-cell immunities that would provide the appropriate protein response in the event I was ever confronted with Covid again.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
I asked my physician if I should get on an Ivermectin regimen as a preventative. Noting I had Covid in December, he said i did not need the Ivermectin nor the available vaccinations.

I noted the remarks about 4 - 6 months of usefulness in the blood stream, he indicated that was if I want to give plasma for others, but after that I would still have t-cell immunities that would provide the appropriate protein response in the event I was ever confronted with Covid again.

I wouldn’t take Ivermectin as a preventative unless exposed to a high percentage transmission source and that’s after you antibodies expiration

I’d have it and doxycycline pre-filled for both you and wife though before It’s banned.

Really no down side to ivermectin for 99.9999 percent of the population

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 08:34 PM

This must have been hard for fauci to admit. And if this is the case why get vaccinated?

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 08:46 PM

I

Spoken like a good little leftist

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 08:54 PM

Death knows no right or left.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 09:00 PM

Cool story. I know 13 people dead after their second vaccine. 5 of which I knew personally and it's not a "friend of a friend" kind of thing.

Refusing the vaccine has absolutely zero to do with politics or disinformation. Sorry you can't wrap your brain around that.

You know 13 people who died after getting their second vax? 5 personally? That’s nuts. That probably puts you at top of list for people who know people who died after the vax! Did they die from the vax?
I sure would not want to know you if I was getting the vax. Ha.
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 09:03 PM

From the vax, or with the vax?
Posted By: therancher

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 09:05 PM

The information is out there for anyone wanting to know the efficacy of the vaccine. It’s proving MUCH less effective than we were told. 40% hospitalized in UK are vaccinated. And in this particular case, 74% vaccinated were infected, and 80% of the vaccinated were hospitalized.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by SherpaPhil

From the vax, or with the vax?

I read it as W/vax

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270

You know 13 people who died after getting their second vax? 5 personally? That’s nuts. That probably puts you at top of list for people who know people who died after the vax! Did they die from the vax?
I sure would not want to know you if I was getting the vax. Ha.

Correlation does not imply causation, but where there is smoke there is fire IMO.

All within 2 weeks of receiving their 2nd dose. They're dead so I obviously can't ask them which one they got and I'm certainly not bothering dead people's families about it. All (of the 5 at least) were over the age of 50 - about an even mix of healthy/major comorbidities - two died from strokes and 3 died from heart complications.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 09:16 PM

Information from the CDC, or any governmental agency is about as reliable as asking the Kennedy clan for sobriety advice.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by therancher
The information is out there for anyone wanting to know the efficacy of the vaccine. It’s proving MUCH less effective than we were told. 40% hospitalized in UK are vaccinated. And in this particular case, 74% vaccinated were infected, and 80% of the vaccinated were hospitalized.

This outbreak had 87% of the positives as males. Something is up with this report, perhaps look onto what was going on in the area during the time frame to help Further explain why cases might have exploded and been predominantly male…i will give the forum two guesses to figure it out, i bet you guys get it in one…
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 11:13 PM

Hookers and blow?

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 11:22 PM

Hookers and blow?

Not quite…maybe think why it was almost all men….like rainbows and blows but not hookers and blow

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/02/21 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Hookers and blow?

What did you win? confused2

A gay pride parade and festival…might be a win for some on here but certainly helps explain why there were 87% of the cases men and cpuld explain how these cases were transmitted, by intimate encounters…
banana banana2 grill

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/03/21 12:02 AM

Update: BiL and BiL’s wife are doing fine. She was in the hospital for a few days. He never was in the hospital, since he was told he wasn’t sick enough. All is good…

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/03/21 12:04 AM

popcorn
Posted By: SRPI89

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/03/21 12:41 AM

Update: BiL and BiL’s wife are doing fine. She was in the hospital for a few days. He never was in the hospital, since he was told he wasn’t sick enough. All is good…

That’s good news!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/03/21 12:49 AM

Excellent.

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/03/21 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Excellent.

X2
Posted By: pertnear

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/03/21 01:10 AM

Great news! banana

Re: BiL just got the virus - 08/03/21 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by pnh

And I walk into peoples homes for a living. It is crazy isn't it? 3 today for a total of 8 people and no one had a diaper on.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum