Print Thread
Kingsview Safaris Hunt (1st Trip to Africa) #8269393 05/18/21 06:30 PM
B
bhanks43 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
On 04-26-21 Colton (WTTH) and I left for our 1st trip to Africa to celebrate his 30th Birthday. The trip was planned and booked for last year but due to Covid we had to cancel and reschedule for this year. We hunted with Jono McHugh from Kingsview Safaris in South Africa and trust me he did not disappoint. From the moment we were met at the airport by Jono & Ben in Port Elizabeth we could tell that this trip was going to be a great one. We had a little bit of a drive to the 1st property but man was it worth it. We were literally staying in the middle of the property that we would be hunting for the first half of our trip. The lodge was beautiful and very clean. The food and hospitality were top notch.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
On the first day (04-29-21) Colton was able to connect with a cape buffalo using his compound bow. He also killed a huge sable bull.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I went kudu hunting that morning but all we found were young bulls. Ben did spot a group of warthogs in the distance so our plans changed.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I wanted to see Colton's buffalo so we headed in that direction when we came across a nice impala.
[Linked Image]
On day two (04-30-21) both of us were kudu hunting. Colton ended up with a really nice bull. I saw quite a few young bulls again just none that made the cut.
[Linked Image]
That afternoon we were heading back to watch the sunset when Colton spotted a nice fallow and decided to take it.
[Linked Image]

Re: Kingsview Safaris Hunt (1st Trip to Africa) [Re: bhanks43] #8269395 05/18/21 06:31 PM
B
bhanks43 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
On day three (05-01-21) I headed out to hunt kudu again. It was all hands on deck to find a really nice bull since this was the number one animal on my list. Jono and I headed out walking the mountains and valleys looking for a nice mature bull. The other guys glassed different areas and ended up spotting 2 nice bulls. We all met up and the stalk was on. Jono and I were able to get to about 300 yds from this bull after leopard crawling for a 100 yds.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Little did I know Jono had his lucky kudu socks on that morning. It was meant to be because the bull I shot wasn't even one of the ones spotted by Ben or Colton that morning. Jono ended up spooking those 2 when heading to the truck to get the rest of the guys.
[Linked Image]
That afternoon we headed out to try and double up on Gemsbok. Ben put Colton on a nice bull gemsbok and Jono and I managed a nice cow.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
On day four (05-02-21) we headed out to put a stalk on an old Eland bull, but it just didn't work out. So we shifted our plans and went looking for a warthog for Colton. Colton ended up putting a long stalk and great shot on a huge old warthog.
[Linked Image]
That afternoon it was springbok hunting for Colton. He connected with a very nice black springbok.
[Linked Image]

Re: Kingsview Safaris Hunt (1st Trip to Africa) [Re: bhanks43] #8269396 05/18/21 06:31 PM
B
bhanks43 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
On day five (05-03-21) we travelled to the coast to the second property we were staying at. This lodge was wonderful also and we were treated like kings. The food and hospitality were top notch.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
We ended up impala hunting that afternoon and Colton connected with a really nice one.
[Linked Image]
On day six (05-04-21) we spent all day hunting zebra. What should have been an hour long hunt turned into a long day due to my own fault, but Ben was able to put the hunt to an end after everyone was pretty much exhausted. Thanks again Ben and Jono.
[Linked Image]
Day seven (05-05-21) we had a nice lunch in Jeffery's Bay and got tested for Covid for our return flights. We ended the trip with a Baboon hunt on Jono's personal farm. We got the entire family involved and had a blast.
[Linked Image]
I could not believe how awesome this trip was. I had high expectations for this trip but Kingsview Safaris blew them out of the water. Jono and Ben were patient and helpful the entire time we were there. We were always treated like family and not just some customers from the states. The guys went above and beyond. If anyone is thinking about a trip to South Africa then give Kingsview Safaris a hard look. Anyone can contact me if they have any questions and want to talk to someone from the states. No I am not getting any kickbacks or anything for this review, I just want to share a wonderful experience with a great outfitter.

Re: Kingsview Safaris Hunt (1st Trip to Africa) [Re: bhanks43] #8270626 05/19/21 10:02 PM
Kingsview Safaris Offline
Tracker
Tracker
The Yellow Flame socks work again!
Was an absolute pleasure having you guys out here and I look forward to the next adventure. Mostly just want to thank you for sticking with us through the Covid delay and putting your trust in me to deliver on a hunting safari.
Good times!

Jono and Justine McHugh
Eastern Cape, South Africa
www.kingsviewsafaris.co.za
Listen to our Podcast: Round The Fire With Kingsview Safaris
Re: Kingsview Safaris Hunt (1st Trip to Africa) [Re: bhanks43] #8270752 05/20/21 12:11 AM
D
Drahthaar Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Awesome adventure. Forrest

Re: Kingsview Safaris Hunt (1st Trip to Africa) [Re: bhanks43] #8274140 05/23/21 04:51 PM
E
EddieWalker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing!!!

Re: Kingsview Safaris Hunt (1st Trip to Africa) [Re: bhanks43] #8274220 05/23/21 07:34 PM
218 Bee Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker

Congratulations on a successful hunt and a great experience.

Nothing compares to a "first safari". The sights, the sounds, the smells...even the night sky is different. Subsequent hunts, while always enjoyable, never quite match that first time when EVERYTHING is new.

Be advised: there is no current vaccine (or, that I'm aware of, even one under development) for the infection that is Africa. Once contracted, the disease festers deep inside and the only treatment is to return for additional "shots".

Sawubona, Nkosi.

Mark

[Linked Image]

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness". - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Re: Kingsview Safaris Hunt (1st Trip to Africa) [Re: bhanks43] #8468827 12/07/21 05:54 PM
Kingsview Safaris Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Good times pal, looking forward to another adventure in the future.

Jono and Justine McHugh
Eastern Cape, South Africa
www.kingsviewsafaris.co.za
Listen to our Podcast: Round The Fire With Kingsview Safaris
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide