Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Same POS different stores #8269065 05/18/21 01:39 PM
J
JJK Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
I see these same POS guys at academy every morning that I drive by. This morning I have a few hours off and get to Cabelas at 08:00. Low and behold these same POS people are here with 9 empty chairs set out. WTF. 3 of them walk up at 8:30 and say they set the chairs out but some of their buddies aren’t showing up so they’re going to remove a few of them. Are you freaking serious? [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269092 05/18/21 01:57 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Ammo has become like so many other things in years past. It's not so much people need it but more of the rush they get knowing they have what others want. And the more they can get the better the rush.

I asked an Academy employee why they don't restock ammo at random times throughout the day instead of creating a morning rush just about every time the store opens. He said they tried it and found the same people would just loiter in the store all day waiting for it.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 05/18/21 02:01 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269101 05/18/21 02:08 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
These asshats are stocking up for hunting season so they can rape Bubba Joe when he can’t find any hunting ammo and sell it to him for 10X the price.

Capitalism is great but sometimes it’s not pretty to look at.

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269123 05/18/21 02:29 PM
J
JJK Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J

So after these guys grabbed ALL (he likely got 2000 rounds of 9mm)the ammo, they take it to the parking lot and give it to the bearded guy in the black shirt. Anyone know this guy? Does he own a business where he resells it? If you’re buying from this POS you are part of the problem.

[Linked Image]

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269136 05/18/21 02:39 PM
DeRico Offline
Mobius 1
Mobius 1
Post that to TGT and call em out.

[Linked Image]
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: DeRico] #8269140 05/18/21 02:43 PM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by DeRico

What is TGT?

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: Mickey Moose] #8269162 05/18/21 02:56 PM
J
joshf303 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Originally Posted by DeRico

What is TGT?

Texas Gun Trader...

Obvious when schitbags find a little stash somewhere and post it as a package deal over there. Half the schit doesn’t even go together.

I’m all for capitalism, but I also have never let myself get into a position where I gotta pay the scalpers.

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: Ol Thumper] #8269253 05/18/21 04:08 PM
B
Big Fitz Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
These asshats are stocking up for hunting season so they can rape Bubba Joe when he can’t find any hunting ammo and sell it to him for 10X the price.

Capitalism is great but sometimes it’s not pretty to look at.

Yep, complete asshats that are making themselves part of the problem. I hope they choke on the ammo!

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269316 05/18/21 05:09 PM
E
Erich Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
i haven't tried enough times to notice if its the exact same people or not. that's interesting/discouraging to hear though.

has there been any amount of supply come back at all? i know academy at least has like a 3 box limit....i presume 3box of anything at all, i don't know. and i suppose these guys are probably stocking up the stuff that's in greatest demand, the automatic stuff. they couldn't possibly be buying everything, but i don't know. i too see them lined up in their chairs out there all the time. .....while i go to work....irritating.

Outdoorsman
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: Erich] #8269330 05/18/21 05:25 PM
J
JJK Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted by Erich
i haven't tried enough times to notice if its the exact same people or not. that's interesting/discouraging to hear though.

I get to stop in every couple of weeks. I stopped at Academy on 380 on Thursday 5/6. Same exact guys, same exact thing. 6-8 chairs set out. No one around. Then slowly they show up closer to opening time. They bought 6-8 bulk boxes (500 rounds) of .223 and everything else they can get their hands on.

I’m all for free market capitalism, but one person showing up early and “saving” seats for your buddy, wife, BIL, Sisters wives cousins high school lover is complete BS.

These POS are scum of the earth need to be called out.

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269357 05/18/21 05:53 PM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
You’re missing the slant of employees who are buying and reselling on the side , they “eat” ahead of the ammo scalpers you are pointing the finger at…

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269389 05/18/21 06:26 PM
JimBridger Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
The gun counter people at Bass Pro know these guys by their first names.

I shop at Bass Pro/Cabela’s 6-7 times a year. The closest stores are 1.25 hrs. to 1.5 hrs. away.

A few weeks ago I was at Bass Pro at 9:10am. the greeter offered me a Club Membership which I already have but didn’t offer a ticket for ammo. I headed back to the ammo isle to see if they had any ammo that I needed, which they usually don’t. I saw about 20 people at the knife counter. I asked one of the guys what they were waiting for, he replied, the ammo cart. When the ammo cart arrived they started calling numbers. I asked a couple of guys in front of me if you needed a ticket and they said you do. I went to the courtesy desk and asked where I can get an ammo ticket and I was told they only hand out 30 tickets and weren’t handing anymore out, It was now first come first serve. I went back to the counter were at least 10 more people without tickets had gathered. A couple minutes later guys started showing up with tickets. I asked one of the guys if he was here earlier and he said no he just came in the store and received his ticket from the greeter at the turnstiles. I went back to the turnstiles and asked the greeter for a ticket and was told they weren’t handing anymore out. I told him that I was told 10 minutes ago by the lady at the courtesy desk that you weren’t handing out tickets but now several people who came in the store after I asked were given tickets. The greeter looked like he just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He then opened up a locked box at the turnstiles and handed me a ticket. My ticket as the 38th ticket handed out.
I went back to the knife counter and informed the people that were previously standing next to me without tickets that I just received a ticket, needless to say many were pissed.several said they were told that no more tickets were being handed out.

When my number was called all of the popular ammo and the calibers that I was looking for were gone.

I went back to the courtesy desk and asked to speak to the manager about the stores ammo sale policy.
A few minutes later, a young woman came and identified herself as the manager. I introduced myself then explained what had occurred. She apologized for the confusion then stated that this was a customer created problem. She went on to say that some of these guys camp out as early as 2:00am to reserve their place in line. They never know how much ammo is being delivered in their shipments on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so they only hand out 30 tickets, after that it’s first come first served.

I told her that she clearly doesn’t understand that my complaint was about the misinformation that I was given by the person working at the courtesy desk and the actions of the greeter who handed out additional tickets after the initial 30 were handed out. There is also no notification to customers of their procedures concerning ammo tickets. This is clearly a management issue which I am asking her to address. I re-emphasized the fact that more tickets were handed out after the initial 30 but I was told none were available when I asked at the courtesy desk, yet at least 7 were handed out after the initial 30. I also made it clear that I am a normal customer that purchases all type of sporting equipment from Bass Pro/Cabela’s for my and my family’s use. I am a long time BassPro/Cabela’s club member and have purchased my last two boat motor and trailer packages from them.
Unlike the scalpers who are hear 3 days a week that campout here and at Academy Sport to buy ammo at a good price then re-sell it for 2-3 times what they paid for it, I only buy the ammo that I need to shoot.
She again emphasized that it was a customer created problem and was beyond her control.

During our conversation a husband and wife approached and was listening to our conversation. When they heard the managers response they told her that she clearly wasn’t listening and that they had the same complaints.
The manager said that they would discuss the issue at a team meeting but offered no other solutions.
This is inherently unfair to regular Bass Pro/Cabela’s customers who are retail shopping for their sports and outdoors equipment.

It doesn’t take too much creative thinking to resolve this problem. Simply staggering the times and days that ammo is brought to the floor and eliminating ammo tickets will give retail customers a fair chance at getting the ammo they need at a fair price.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269406 05/18/21 06:40 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Even if they were reselling the ammo at a 300% margin there's not enough profit to justify skipping a day's worth of work. I really don't get it unless we're dealing with roaches that are happy to make three or four hundred dollars a day.

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: blkt2] #8269553 05/18/21 09:08 PM
J
JJK Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
Well, some people are making more money on unemployment than if they were working.

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269627 05/18/21 10:30 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I think it would be great if someone would take a dump in the chairs

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269671 05/18/21 11:22 PM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by JJK

So after these guys grabbed ALL (he likely got 2000 rounds of 9mm)the ammo, they take it to the parking lot and give it to the bearded guy in the black shirt. Anyone know this guy?

Probably part of the Soro's/Brady organization.

Make America Great Again

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269680 05/18/21 11:32 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Good thing is I'm getting notifications of ammo availability regularly now from different stores. 9mm, 223,etc... and I ordered some 7mm-08 Hornady Custom-Lite yesterday for only about $5.00 a box more than the best pre-Covid price.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: blkt2] #8269682 05/18/21 11:34 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by blkt2
Even if they were reselling the ammo at a 300% margin there's not enough profit to justify skipping a day's worth of work. I really don't get it unless we're dealing with roaches that are happy to make three or four hundred dollars a day.

Yeah, the bearded guy in the AWESOME pictures ain't workin' a day job. 'Gotta couple 'a Bowie's that I can use 'fore I pay these losers. Say what you will, but this old man can be quiet, once-n he can get his shoes off! laugh

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: Jimbo1] #8269690 05/18/21 11:38 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Good thing is I'm getting notifications of ammo availability regularly now from different stores. 9mm, 223,etc... and I ordered some 7mm-08 Hornady Custom-Lite yesterday for only about $5.00 a box more than the best pre-Covid price.

Winning! 'Reminds me of another member on here. up up up

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269700 05/18/21 11:50 PM
T
TAB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I personally am done with Cabelas and bass pro, I went there wanting to look through a scope not long ago and this dumpy fat sales guy decided to be a condescending jack wagon. And try and make an example of me because they were apparently they were texting folks when they were ready to help a person.. I assumed this was for guns seeing how no 4473 has to be filled out for a scope..

Anyway I made a scene, was asked to leave, the folks waiting gave me a standing o..

I even have the Cabelas credit card I have thought about canceling it due to my last experience there.

Managers of these stores are just gonna defuse and avoid confrontation, that’s what they are trained to do, it’s sad because I have spent almost all of my extra money there for years. I at this point will pay extra some where that values my purchases.

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JimBridger] #8269795 05/19/21 02:00 AM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Pappybear
The gun counter people at Bass Pro know these guys by their first names.

I shop at Bass Pro/Cabela’s 6-7 times a year. The closest stores are 1.25 hrs. to 1.5 hrs. away.

A few weeks ago I was at Bass Pro at 9:10am. the greeter offered me a Club Membership which I already have but didn’t offer a ticket for ammo. I headed back to the ammo isle to see if they had any ammo that I needed, which they usually don’t. I saw about 20 people at the knife counter. I asked one of the guys what they were waiting for, he replied, the ammo cart. When the ammo cart arrived they started calling numbers. I asked a couple of guys in front of me if you needed a ticket and they said you do. I went to the courtesy desk and asked where I can get an ammo ticket and I was told they only hand out 30 tickets and weren’t handing anymore out, It was now first come first serve. I went back to the counter were at least 10 more people without tickets had gathered. A couple minutes later guys started showing up with tickets. I asked one of the guys if he was here earlier and he said no he just came in the store and received his ticket from the greeter at the turnstiles. I went back to the turnstiles and asked the greeter for a ticket and was told they weren’t handing anymore out. I told him that I was told 10 minutes ago by the lady at the courtesy desk that you weren’t handing out tickets but now several people who came in the store after I asked were given tickets. The greeter looked like he just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He then opened up a locked box at the turnstiles and handed me a ticket. My ticket as the 38th ticket handed out.
I went back to the knife counter and informed the people that were previously standing next to me without tickets that I just received a ticket, needless to say many were pissed.several said they were told that no more tickets were being handed out.

When my number was called all of the popular ammo and the calibers that I was looking for were gone.

I went back to the courtesy desk and asked to speak to the manager about the stores ammo sale policy.
A few minutes later, a young woman came and identified herself as the manager. I introduced myself then explained what had occurred. She apologized for the confusion then stated that this was a customer created problem. She went on to say that some of these guys camp out as early as 2:00am to reserve their place in line. They never know how much ammo is being delivered in their shipments on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so they only hand out 30 tickets, after that it’s first come first served.

I told her that she clearly doesn’t understand that my complaint was about the misinformation that I was given by the person working at the courtesy desk and the actions of the greeter who handed out additional tickets after the initial 30 were handed out. There is also no notification to customers of their procedures concerning ammo tickets. This is clearly a management issue which I am asking her to address. I re-emphasized the fact that more tickets were handed out after the initial 30 but I was told none were available when I asked at the courtesy desk, yet at least 7 were handed out after the initial 30. I also made it clear that I am a normal customer that purchases all type of sporting equipment from Bass Pro/Cabela’s for my and my family’s use. I am a long time BassPro/Cabela’s club member and have purchased my last two boat motor and trailer packages from them.
Unlike the scalpers who are hear 3 days a week that campout here and at Academy Sport to buy ammo at a good price then re-sell it for 2-3 times what they paid for it, I only buy the ammo that I need to shoot.
She again emphasized that it was a customer created problem and was beyond her control.

During our conversation a husband and wife approached and was listening to our conversation. When they heard the managers response they told her that she clearly wasn’t listening and that they had the same complaints.
The manager said that they would discuss the issue at a team meeting but offered no other solutions.
This is inherently unfair to regular Bass Pro/Cabela’s customers who are retail shopping for their sports and outdoors equipment.

It doesn’t take too much creative thinking to resolve this problem. Simply staggering the times and days that ammo is brought to the floor and eliminating ammo tickets will give retail customers a fair chance at getting the ammo they need at a fair price.

I hate to say it, but you are expecting way too much from a minimum wage employee. Frustrating, I agree. But unless you're lucky enough to get someone that retired form another profession, and is just killing time by working there, you're dealing with someone that is a couple of clicks above the kid that leaves the cheese off or your cheese burger.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269905 05/19/21 04:37 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
If anyone wants me to start posting availability of ammo in the ammo and reloading section I will, I find weird stuff all the time.

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269941 05/19/21 10:55 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by JJK
Well, some people are making more money on unemployment than if they were working.

I think that's the thing - lots of these folks are on SSI disability, getting bonus unemployment checks, and now making a few hundred extra bucks a day scalping ammo. They're probably making way more than the average blue collar worker who provides value to society as opposed to these scum.

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: jeepercreeper] #8269979 05/19/21 11:54 AM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted by jeepercreeper
I think it would be great if someone would take a dump in the chairs

I think it'd be great too but inappropriate. I think store management is partially to blame here. If I was the store manager, I'd be inclined to wait til the chairs were placed out and the guy walks to his car for whatever reason, open the door and bring them all inside. A trip to the dumpster would follow. When questioned I'd simply state, "I don't know who's trash was left in front of my store but I cleaned it up".

I think it's great the OP is publicly shaming these guys with pictures but ultimately no crime has been committed and there's we can do. Well, nothing I can do, I've got to go to work for those that don't.

Re: Same POS different stores [Re: JJK] #8269998 05/19/21 12:13 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
The guy in the red Honda is named Christian Hildalgo and he lives at 401 South Coit Road Apartment 215 in McKinney Texas. Someone should check to see if the man has an FFL that he is reselling the ammo under and if his reselling practices are making you feel butt hurt then maybe consider boycotting his business.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide