Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8267352 05/16/21 01:35 PM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I have rental properties and only accept cash. Not unusual for me to have ten grand or so in the gun safe. During the banks lobby closed, drive thru only I wanted to make a deposit and called to make an appointment. The little sweetie on the phone told me that it was drive thru only. I explained that I preferred to see the cash counted at deposit time. She told me that was impossible due to COVID. I then told her that I was coming to the local branch to close 3 accounts and would prefer cash. She asked if I could hold. That got me another person who explained in a condescending way that these were unusual times. I told her that I would be there in 15 minutes and that I would prefer cash when I closed my accounts. That didnt work and I got a cashiers check.

I’m still the customer and will not accept BS.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8267365 05/16/21 01:54 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
We had the same problem with Meryl Lynch when my wife retired. Like the OP, it took months to get her money. They'll never get one dollar of our money ever again.

Most bank/credit union branches are run by, what looks like to me, kids nowadays. It's all "paint by numbers" and they would really just like people that are slightly above hand-to-mouth living level, with car payments and mortgage payments going to them. One credit union in San Antonio is closing branches left and right, laying off people, and printing up announcement flyers telling their customers that they're going to a "financial center" concept, to better assist you of course. The "financial center" is the tiniest space you can lease in a strip mall with maybe two twenty-somethings working there that are basically there to direct you to the computer screen machine. roflmao They of course went through a huge change over, changing their name and logo. I know the "consultants" on that deal were probably able to retire off of what they charged...and the credit union is folding.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: Dave Davidson] #8267422 05/16/21 02:43 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
I have rental properties and only accept cash. Not unusual for me to have ten grand or so in the gun safe. During the banks lobby closed, drive thru only I wanted to make a deposit and called to make an appointment. The little sweetie on the phone told me that it was drive thru only. I explained that I preferred to see the cash counted at deposit time. She told me that was impossible due to COVID. I then told her that I was coming to the local branch to close 3 accounts and would prefer cash. She asked if I could hold. That got me another person who explained in a condescending way that these were unusual times. I told her that I would be there in 15 minutes and that I would prefer cash when I closed my accounts. That didnt work and I got a cashiers check.

What’s sad these days is they treat you like a criminal when you bring in cash or ask for cash. When I’m buying or selling from an individual and anything below 20k I prefer to deal with cash but it’s getting to the point cash is obsolete in buying or selling.I guess we’re to old school lol

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: Ol Thumper] #8267471 05/16/21 03:40 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

What’s sad these days is they treat you like a criminal when you bring in cash or ask for cash. When I’m buying or selling from an individual and anything below 20k I prefer to deal with cash but it’s getting to the point cash is obsolete in buying or selling.I guess we’re to old school lol

Because they want to eliminate cash and can then control you by controlling your money.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8267592 05/16/21 05:45 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Because they want to eliminate cash and can then control you by controlling your money.

Nailed it

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8267608 05/16/21 06:07 PM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Basically, if it's not cash, it's not necessarily yours. And you've already seen issues of getting "your" cash. It's only going to get harder, get it while you can. At some point, I believe a long way down the road albeit, cash will be gone, then "money" will be gone, and the gov will own you 100%. Don't worry, they'll take care of your every need... as they see fit.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8267635 05/16/21 07:07 PM
J
John2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
I hope everybody has a sock or something put away in case that happens.

Not all those that wander are lost..

Back The Men in Blue that wears a badge

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: John2] #8267636 05/16/21 07:19 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by John2

I ain't got nuttin to put in a sock. I'm just going to get somebody else's sock. aim

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: glens] #8267696 05/16/21 08:55 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by glens

I ain't got nuttin to put in a sock. I'm just going to get somebody else's sock. aim

That’s funny right thr clap Maybe we could have a sock raiding party rofl

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: Ol Thumper] #8267722 05/16/21 09:25 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

We'll we know who's socks full on here. We hear it all the time. peep

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: glens] #8267733 05/16/21 09:45 PM
J
John2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J

We'll we know who's socks full on here. We hear it all the time. peep

If and when ya'll come raiding my socks please bring a darning needle and thread to fix the holes.

Not all those that wander are lost..

Back The Men in Blue that wears a badge

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8267927 05/17/21 02:00 AM
K
KingwoodCat Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
I believe you were more patient than I. I believe I would have said NOYFB. If that didn’t suit them then it might have been “beer and hookers in Vegas, and I need gambling money too”.

The Federal Government cannot give anything to anyone, that it has not first taken from someone else.
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: SherpaPhil] #8267937 05/17/21 02:10 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
The banks teach tellers to ask about transactions that are out of the ordinary for the customer. It is to protect the customer from fraud. They don't care if you say hookers and blow, but if you tell them you won a lot of money and this is the deposit to claim it, or that your girlfriend you met online needs bail money, they are trained to tell you it's a scam.

THIS.

My father told his investment guy, he was withdrawing money for a mail-order bride. When I figured out was going on about 2 weeks later, he knew why I was calling and was more than happy to help me curtail access.

I was thankful he asked those questions.

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8268066 05/17/21 11:38 AM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I had a pretty good clunk of change in a bank here in Bandera a few years ago. I went there to remove funds from a certain account. The so called bank manager wanted to know why. I told her it was none of her freaking business and then closed out all the accounts at the bank.

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: CharlieCTx] #8268084 05/17/21 12:03 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
The banks teach tellers to ask about transactions that are out of the ordinary for the customer. It is to protect the customer from fraud. They don't care if you say hookers and blow, but if you tell them you won a lot of money and this is the deposit to claim it, or that your girlfriend you met online needs bail money, they are trained to tell you it's a scam.

THIS.

My father told his investment guy, he was withdrawing money for a mail-order bride. When I figured out was going on about 2 weeks later, he knew why I was calling and was more than happy to help me curtail access.

Charlie

603, looks like your bank is thinking you may be a lil' wonky.

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: don k] #8268107 05/17/21 12:21 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by don k
I had a pretty good clunk of change in a bank here in Bandera a few years ago. I went there to remove funds from a certain account. The so called bank manager wanted to know why. I told her it was none of her freaking business and then closed out all the accounts at the bank.

Boy that sure showed them loser8

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: CharlieCTx] #8268112 05/17/21 12:23 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx

THIS.

Charlie

Personally it doesn't bother me if someone is looking out for my best interest. The bank teller or manager is a just a third party with really no vested interest in your money. More interested in making sure the depositor isn't getting scammed.......

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8268124 05/17/21 12:39 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
I don’t understand with banks or financial advisers asking why you want your money out of their establishment. I’ve been with same financial people for about 30yrs. Have a very good relationship with em but if they ever specifically asked me what I’m doing with my money...that would be the end of it.

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8268125 05/17/21 12:40 PM
603Country Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Hudbone, I was my usual charming self. And it wasn’t the bank that asked where the money was going. It was Fidelity, an outfit I never have liked.

But now, thanks to the forum comments that gave me info I didn’t previously have, I see why those questions were asked.

Hmmmmm! If I really was going to waste that money, I need to think what the best and most fun way would be. I don’t do any sort of drug, and I’m not sure how many hookers I could ‘employ’. Some thinking is required...

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8268138 05/17/21 12:50 PM
nak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A friend that worked for the IRS Enforcement Division told me way pack in the late 80's that the goal was to eventually track all cash transactions and strictly limit withdrawals of cash from the banks.

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8268139 05/17/21 12:51 PM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
You're donating to Trump's next campaign. Or a completely different angle, you're giving it all away to homeless. Or maybe a social engineering campaign via Facebook advertising. What about the Russians that did work for you, pay up.

Or maybe hand them one of these when they ask...

[Linked Image]

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8268274 05/17/21 03:28 PM
S
Somebeach Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
I don't know why, but things like that bother me. It is not even remotely any of their business what you are going to do with your money. If they have a policy or procedure to ask for fraud purposes, maybe, but explain it, don't just say I need to know what you are doing with your money repeatedly without explaination. Luckily I haven't had this happen to me, but I haven't taken more than 15k or 20k at a time. The principal of it alone would make me say, never mind the withdraw, please close all of accounts in full and I will take my business elsewhere.

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: Mickey Moose] #8268317 05/17/21 04:03 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
You're donating to Trump's next campaign. Or a completely different angle, you're giving it all away to homeless. Or maybe a social engineering campaign via Facebook advertising. What about the Russians that did work for you, pay up.

Or maybe hand them one of these when they ask...

[Linked Image]

I invented an ex wife model after my first divorce. It didn’t sell well. Complete with instructions.

Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8268330 05/17/21 04:18 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

This is the reason.

Have a grandparent that lost a tidy sum from scammers. Wished they would have asked more questions.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Buying the RV - moving money [Re: 603Country] #8268355 05/17/21 04:57 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Funny the protections somes want

Last edited by Hudbone; 05/17/21 04:57 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide