Forums46
Topics537,979
Posts9,731,388
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 58 of 60 1 2 56 57 58 59 60
Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area *DELETED* [Re: TXHunter0619] #8257657 05/05/21 04:02 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by TXHunter0619
Txbrian curious what your wait time experience is on avg at Hudson’s? I’m new to the area and dropped a deer off over 3 months ago and it’s still not done. Trying to give them benefit of the doubt with the winter storm. What do you think? Definitely looking forward to the seasoning options.

which Hudson's? 3 months is 2 month or longer out of whack even during the early season craziness last year when 3 weeks to a month were the norm, and a lot of processors not taking on any more deer due to cooler space. I would definitely call or go by in person.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: deer processor in PLANO? [Re: jsoukup] #8324849 07/19/21 11:36 AM
G
grimreapor Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Any good ones around Childress?

Re: deer processor in PLANO? [Re: jsoukup] #8336605 07/30/21 07:46 PM
FTWshooter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
This will be my first year hunting in Gillespie county (SE of Doss) It appears the three biggest processors in the Fredericksburg area are (1) Boo's (2) Schneider's and (3) Woody's. All three seem to have good reviews, I have asked a couple of the other hunters on the lease about their preferred processor and have gotten three different answers, so I guess I really can't go wrong just picking one of the three. I was wondering if there were some fellow forum members who also hunt in the area and had a preference for one of the three processors (or another processor I didn't list)? Thanks!

Re: deer processor in PLANO? [Re: grimreapor] #8336606 07/30/21 07:52 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by grimreapor

Good one in Iowa Park on your way back to Denton. Whitakers. I've used them, convenient, very clean, quick, they do a great job for me.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: deer processor in PLANO? [Re: grimreapor] #8382392 09/12/21 12:21 AM
Kentucky Native Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Just west of Childress, off of FM1033, north of 287 a mile or two, there is a decent place...Redneck Processing...or something to that effect. Their prices are really good and their breakfast sausage wasn't bad. A notch or 2 below Kuby's or Cinnamon Creek taste wise and but about 5-6 notches below them cost wise.

Re: deer processor in PLANO? [Re: FTWshooter] #8382402 09/12/21 12:34 AM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by FTWshooter
This will be my first year hunting in Gillespie county (SE of Doss) It appears the three biggest processors in the Fredericksburg area are (1) Boo's (2) Schneider's and (3) Woody's. All three seem to have good reviews, I have asked a couple of the other hunters on the lease about their preferred processor and have gotten three different answers, so I guess I really can't go wrong just picking one of the three. I was wondering if there were some fellow forum members who also hunt in the area and had a preference for one of the three processors (or another processor I didn't list)? Thanks!

Schneider’s wouldn’t take my deer all last season due to being full every weekend I went. Call ahead.

Re: deer processor in PLANO? [Re: jsoukup] #8393975 09/22/21 04:22 PM
T
tricky Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Got a couple of Elk that need to be processed and possibly a couple of Mounts. I am in Little Elm. Anyone ever used the Outpost in Lewisville? They do both.
Any other places close to Little Elm that you could recommend?

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area *DELETED* [Re: jsoukup] #8410763 10/08/21 03:04 PM
W
whitetailhunting Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
For those in San Antonio, check out Ottea Game Processing. Worth every dollar and great service.

Avid recurve bow hunter. Keep it simple.
https://getrecurvebow.com/recurve-bow-for-hunting-deer/
Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area *DELETED* [Re: jsoukup] #8410793 10/08/21 03:24 PM
R
Red Pill Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
I may have posted this before, but I go to Dry Creek Game Processing in Poolville. Good guy, and one thing he does that I like; he'll tenderize all of the meat from a deer for $10. Not charged by the pound.

1500 E Dry Creek Rd
Poolville, TX, TX 76487

(817) 694-1288

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area *DELETED* [Re: grimreapor] #8424926 10/20/21 10:35 PM
T
Texas Canook Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
In my opinion there are not any good ones around Childress. We drag our deer back to DFW for better processing. Childress could really benefit from a good processor!!

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area *DELETED* [Re: tricky] #8424929 10/20/21 10:37 PM
T
Texas Canook Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by tricky
Got a couple of Elk that need to be processed and possibly a couple of Mounts. I am in Little Elm. Anyone ever used the Outpost in Lewisville? They do both.

I think I followed you home a couple weeks ago if you were running down 287 with a truck full of racks! Followed you damn near from Childress to Little Elm after you pulled off into the Outpost. Would love to hear how it goes with them, they have a turkey mount of mine since April that hasn't been touched in 6 months so not exactly impressed with them yet.

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area *DELETED* [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8425585 10/21/21 05:43 PM
T
Texas Canook Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

Good one in Iowa Park on your way back to Denton. Whitakers. I've used them, convenient, very clean, quick, they do a great job for me.

Whitakers does an amazing job on mounts but they don't vacuum seal the meat and the last two times we used them the meat was full of frost when we opened up the wax paper. There is a place in Sanger that is supposed to be good and you cut across 82 to Gainsville and then down 35 to get to it. Called Hunters Choice and I haven't used them yet but I will be this year.

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area *DELETED* [Re: tricky] #8428566 10/24/21 10:25 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by tricky

I use The Outpost, They are good and close

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area! [Re: jsoukup] #8448380 11/14/21 07:15 PM
T
tchunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Has anyone ever used the processor in Archer City?

Preserve Wildlife - Use Freezer Bags
Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area! [Re: jsoukup] #8451305 11/17/21 03:09 PM
T
tightlines24 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Me! If I'm going to eat the meat I kill I am definitely going to be the one that puts it up. Yes, it takes some time and effort but I know how the meat has been treated from kill to table. I doubt any processer will take near the time I take in trimming the fat and grizzle and making sure the meat is clean (no hairs etc.). All of that works against the quality of the meat you eat.

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area! [Re: jsoukup] #8451307 11/17/21 03:10 PM
T
tightlines24 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Me! If I'm going to eat the meat I kill I am definitely going to be the one that puts it up. Yes, it takes some time and effort but I know how the meat has been treated from kill to table. I doubt any processer will take near the time I take in trimming the fat and grizzle and making sure the meat is clean (no hairs etc.). All of that works against the quality of the meat you eat.

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area *DELETED* [Re: spanky] #8459373 11/26/21 03:03 AM
B
Bowhunter 64 Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
B
Wanted to put a plug in for all star taxidermy and processor just outside of Gradord . I have used Larry there for a couple of years very prompt at getting my deer taken care of and the meat is always great . Has always been tough finding a good place close to Graham but Larry goes the extra mile . Super good people there.

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area [Re: birddog14] #8487599 12/27/21 04:25 AM
S
splicer Online Happy
Pro Tracker
Online Happy
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by birddog14
Kuby's

This!

"Everything is Somewhere"
Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area [Re: jsoukup] #8505277 01/16/22 01:18 PM
L
locknload Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
Wenzels in Hamilton

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area *DELETED* [Re: psycho0819] #8509622 01/21/22 01:11 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Are you talking about the guy east of Ennis? He comes well regarded by some of the locals I talked to. Just a little too far for me unless I'm coming home to Palestine from West Texas. I've used Kuby's since the '70's, until we moved out of North Texas & Lake Texoma to down here in the Dogwood Capital.

Not that anyone from North Texas will remember this but Eckerman's, a couple miles south of Brenham in the village sized town of Industry is worth the drive. My kinfolks in Fayetteville have used them for everything from grass fed beef to WT's on a year round basis for years. I'll see how many, if any, Axis I come home with from SLRSP in a couple weeks, but they are worth the 3+ hour drive to go back down there get my critters....and drop off the wife to go antiqueing with her sister. The brownie points count at home...
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 01/21/22 01:14 PM. Reason: clarity

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area [Re: jsoukup] #8511522 01/23/22 11:08 PM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
Landers in Garland and PoBoy's in Merit.

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area [Re: jsoukup] #8515315 01/27/22 08:57 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I know that J&J in Elkhart got a lot of positive comments on this thread, but the locals around Anderson County have been telling me all day that they've been closed for 2 years and are still trying to sell the business. The lady at the local day old bread store, who lives in Elkhart sez her husband found a guy this year that they loved the meat and sausage from....Manana I'll see If I can shake loose from the "honeydo's" and go see what I can find down there. It'd be hyper easier to come home thru Crockett & Elkhart...or just Elkhart alone to get to Hwy 19 into Palestine.

Went up the road this afternoon to see the folks at Herrington's in the Elmwood Community off Hwy 155 north of Palestine. They are a little pricy but solid processor's who have a very big regular customer base of locals who hunt out of state. They are about wrapped up for the year but still accepting orders, and will be my fallback processor, as they are only about 15/20 minutes from the house. They get the processing job for the Axis herd that are fed out in a pasture south of Oakwood on Hwy 79, across the turnoff from the RV Campground. The Range I shoot at is just across the RR tracks from the high fence pasture the Axis are usually in. The range belongs to the guy who owns Buffalo Spt Goods... a very old friend from my Gun Rep Days 40 years ago.

Talked to Frankie Svehlak about 10:30 this morning and he is closed for the rest of the year, until next year's deer season, as per usual. I really like that old gentleman and will have to figure out how to give him some business next year.

Talked to a lady at the place in "Fairfield" this morning too.. only it ain't in Fairfield ...they actually are in Streetman on FM 833...she priced me some decent prices by the pound for processing which averaged out to about $100-$125 per critter if I skin it and start the cutting off of this and that on a carcass. This last year Santa gave me a battery powered mini sized circle saw that I plan on "grooming" all my carcass's with before I get to a processor to lighten the per Lb Gross weight charges. The little saw just eats thru hot dog & bigger sized tree limbs in seconds with no splinters & oughta be equally fast on pelvic, spine & leg bones and be super fast at unbuttoning the chest plate, leg & hip bony sockets.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 01/27/22 09:17 PM. Reason: clarity

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area [Re: Texas Canook] #8612206 06/04/22 08:54 AM
D
deer chaser Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by Texas Canook
In my opinion there are not any good ones around Childress. We drag our deer back to DFW for better processing. Childress could really benefit from a good processor!!

I must agree with this 100%

Life is short play hard and never give up.
Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area [Re: tightlines24] #8612657 06/04/22 10:09 PM
P
psycho0819 Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by tightlines24

I'll disagree with you, there is ONE processor I've found that will take this level of care with your deer. Svelak's in Ennis, Tx. He's an older fella that runs a small family shop, and does it right from the minute your deer arrives. He cuts up a deer, cleans, then starts another. I would eat off of any surface in his shop. When you cut open a package of meat it is ready to prepare. He sections out and steaks each segment (every morsel is cut across the grain) and there is no muscle, grizzle, or anything but meat in the package. He makes awesome sausage, my family loves his breakfast style. I'm not a kielbasa lover, but people rave about his.When he gets enough deer he stops taking any more until he has a chance to catch up. I can drop a deer off on my way home on a Sunday, and will get a call that it's ready by Wed.that same week. He costs a bit more than some, but does a far better job than any other I've used in the past (from San Angelo to far east Tx, and many in between). When you drop a deer off, he checks it in, he cuts it up, you pay him when you pick it up, and he pulls your meat out of the freezer. I've literally never witnessed anyone else touch my deer at his shop.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: Post your favorite deer processor in your area *DELETED* [Re: jsoukup] #8612696 06/04/22 11:01 PM
W
whitetailhunting Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
If you're near LA check out Luis' Butcher Shop

Avid recurve bow hunter. Keep it simple.
https://getrecurvebow.com/recurve-bow-for-hunting-deer/
Page 58 of 60 1 2 56 57 58 59 60
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide