Forums46
Topics538,046
Posts9,732,319
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: S.A. hunter] #8212643 03/24/21 05:06 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
The red tapes is too insure safety...... what are the long term side effects.....we can't possibly know that in under a year....

The speed of science out paces the approval process, which is why there is a backlog. There are 100s of Corona viruses and mRNA vaccines have even studied for decades.

Are we really defending rep tape and government sluggishness? Get the vaccine or don’t, but I’m very confused by some of the statements here now defending big government, federal red tape, etc.

Do you know what happened with the polio vaccine in Africa last year?

If you’re talking about the polio vaccine that mutated, then yes. The Covid (at least Pfizer and Moderna) vaccines don’t have live virus in them.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212647 03/24/21 05:10 AM
R
Remo Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Put your glasses on and hold my beer: Here’s my opinion about covid.

To me, the big problems is that people argue honestly. I wish we would. Hard to do on a forum. Mostly I see either lock-step agreement or a cycle of "pot-shot and run", with insulting, intolerant dialogues going nowhere and then dying, and no individual point getting run down to the end.

Well, here's my own pot-shot: If you aren't 100% willing to change your opinion when new information arrives, your opinions and your decision-making are, well, obviously not worth much. If you always turn away from contrary information and only hear your views getting reinforced, your position is, well, obviously not worth much. Being wrong is the grown-up risk so few take- admitting error, learning, and correcting course afterward.

There are right and wrong answers to all the basic questions of covid. There are also right and wrong answers to the indirect questions about the reasons we are having this argument in the first place. The tear welling up in your eye as you think about your family and friends- obviously that doesn't matter to the question of whether to get the shot. Nor does a sense of moral or intellectual superiority or whatever unrelated thing may incorrectly influence you. Only the few hard facts, so hard to dig out, have value.

I believe most of us are making the decision about getting or not getting the shot based on a starting bias, strengthened by either following or fighting those around us, and supported by a flood of "sciencey" information written by disinterested, not-even-curious, mercenary writers rather than honest ones, assuring us our choice is correct and good compared to the other camp.

Assuming we all want life and health as the outcome, we can only make a better decision in this propagandized world after tons of homework, absorbing arguments from all sides and working hard to understand some tiny bit of the science.

I've listened to many opinions from all sorts of people. Only rarely have I heard a voice that sounded objective and informed about the various puzzle pieces (gene therapies, political interests, commercial interests, legal interests, historical examples).

Took a long time to build my opinion, though I stocked up on various proven treatments and used masks while I did. I took early action with limited information that just looked really scary. Now, time has assembled data points that give me personal certainty about this issue.

I was wrong at first. Covid is not a statistical threat. There’s no justification for lockdowns. The shot cannot be considered “safe” without years of testing. Large amounts of fundamental data are laughably inaccurate or missing or no longer collected. Getting the shot equals taking on serious potential risks for little or possibly no benefit.

I can understand why people who haven’t or can’t spend a lot of time reading are getting the shot. Not many want to dig when everyone at the office/family already agrees they must get the shot. There is a tidal wave of aggressive, subjective media claiming legitimacy and moral imperatives, and demanding action from everyone. Lots of people on the anti-shot side are rude and dismissive towards the other side. Argue honestly, be ready to be wrong, don’t be a troll when you think you’re right, and we all do better. The next thing to come out of China could be a lot worse.

Thanks for holding my beer.

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212648 03/24/21 05:15 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
It’s a little deeper than a bad polio vaccine, by the way.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...yet-it-persists-in-vaccine-derived-cases

“ Sixteen African nations are battling outbreaks of what's called "vaccine-derived polio." This is a form of polio that stems from the oral polio vaccine used in lower income countries because it is cheap and easy to administer.

The oral vaccine contains a live but weakened version of the polio virus. The virus replicates inside the child's intestine and eventually is excreted. In places with poor sanitation, fecal matter can enter the drinking water supply, and the virus is able to start spreading from person to person. That was once considered a useful feature of the oral vaccine, since it can help unvaccinated children become immune. However, in rare cases in places with poor sanitation and large numbers of unvaccinated children, the attenuated virus can mutate in the wild and regain strength to the point where it can cause paralysis.”

[Linked Image]
Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Duck_Hunter] #8212651 03/24/21 05:28 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

“ Sixteen African nations are battling outbreaks of what's called "vaccine-derived polio." This is a form of polio that stems from the oral polio vaccine used in lower income countries because it is cheap and easy to administer.

The oral vaccine contains a live but weakened version of the polio virus. The virus replicates inside the child's intestine and eventually is excreted. In places with poor sanitation, fecal matter can enter the drinking water supply, and the virus is able to start spreading from person to person. That was once considered a useful feature of the oral vaccine, since it can help unvaccinated children become immune. However, in rare cases in places with poor sanitation and large numbers of unvaccinated children, the attenuated virus can mutate in the wild and regain strength to the point where it can cause paralysis.”

I wonder how many years they spent on that vaccine, I'm gonna guess more then 7-8 months.... and they still got it wrong..... you can have blind faith if you want but I'm not playing Russian roulette with a vaccine, when the virus itself has a less then half a percentage chance of killing me. Its actually less then that when you consider my age, and health. Thanks, but no thanks.... I like my odds.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 03/24/21 06:07 AM.
Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212723 03/24/21 12:00 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I'll get "beamed up" faster being injected with both doses.

I hear voices after having my Vaxx's

Little men are coming to take me away

I think I hear Bidens voice in my head telling me to turn in all my firearms

bs

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212730 03/24/21 12:05 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I am 74 years old so I am at a high risk of dying of the virus they "who ever they is" tells me. I have never gotten a flu shot though they tell me I need to. I think I am in reasonably good health though I or anyone of us could die tomorrow. I am not going to get the shot. I don't trust anything unnatural injected into me without some really serious trials that go on for a number of years. Look at all the different lawyer ads looking for folks that took FDA approved medicines that are now causing some serious complications to the people that took these safe drugs.

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Buzzsaw] #8212734 03/24/21 12:08 PM
Superduty Online Content OP
"The Regulator"
OP Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I'll get "beamed up" faster being injected with both doses.

I hear voices after having my Vaxx's

Little men are coming to take me away

I think I hear Bidens voice in my head telling me to turn in all my firearms

bs

[Linked Image]

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212747 03/24/21 12:16 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
1. Super duty almost dies because he's an idiot and wouldnt go to the ER
2. Always crying about his job, or making life decisions like a big boy
3. Basically has jumped job to job like a gipsy
4. Wants to give out medical advise.

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Jasb] #8212749 03/24/21 12:17 PM
"The Regulator"
OP Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by Jasb
3. Basically has jumped job to job like a gipsy (Gypsy
Advice

Why are you personally attacking me?

Read the rules officer!

Last edited by Superduty; 03/24/21 12:19 PM.

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Jasb] #8212750 03/24/21 12:18 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
and kills trees

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212752 03/24/21 12:20 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Superduty

Read the rules officer!

No attacks, that's just facts.

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Jasb] #8212755 03/24/21 12:21 PM
"The Regulator"
OP Online Content
"The Regulator"

Read the rules officer!

Well here are some facts: Education is important and I can buy and sell you!

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212759 03/24/21 12:25 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
salute It's all good. I told my wife "some people talk a big a game, but when it comes to the nut cuttin they won't even stand up". cheers To you guys that got the vaccine. Good luck and I hope it goes well. Like any battle I've ever faced, there was always a chance I wouldn't make it but I volunteered and cleared the way for the gutless and the ones who will only follow and never lead. I guess hard charging has to be in your blood.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: hook_n_line] #8212762 03/24/21 12:26 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
salute It's all good. I told my wife "some people talk a big a game, but when it comes to the nut cuttin they won't even stand up". cheers To you guys that got the vaccine. Good luck and I hope it goes well. Like any battle I've ever faced, there was always a chance I wouldn't make it but I volunteered and cleared the way for the gutless and the ones who will only follow and never lead. I guess hard charging has to be in your blood.

rofl

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212765 03/24/21 12:28 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Read the rules officer!

Nice one. You must be so rich.

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: fadetoblack64] #8212766 03/24/21 12:28 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by fadetoblack64
Originally Posted by hook_n_line

rofl

rofl rofl

🍻
Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212771 03/24/21 12:31 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J

Read the rules officer!

LMAO you cant get me on credit live the trucks and trailers....sorry big fella roflmao

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212784 03/24/21 12:43 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I can buy and sell you!

We can all be bought and sold, I wouldn't pat myself on the back too much. And as far as Jasb goes, if you pay more than 5 bucks and a six pack you got took, he's a runner.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: HWY_MAN] #8212792 03/24/21 12:46 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
I can buy and sell you!

We can all be bought and sold, I wouldn't pat myself on the back too much. And as far as Jasb goes, if you pay more than 5 bucks and a six pack you got took, he's a runner.

That's true...

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212802 03/24/21 12:53 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Read the rules officer!

Wow..... what does that mean?

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212839 03/24/21 01:18 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

I had an annual physical yesterday, actually bi-annual since it wasn't allowed last Spring.
I had the Dreaded 19 last October.

So I asked the doc yesterday if I should get the vaxx.
I value his opinion because he had the 19 at almost the same time as me.

He said that they would take blood and measure the antibodies that I now have.
If those are plentiful, I should wait. If they are diminished, I should consider the vaxx.

That is what I'm going to do.
I did take the pneumonia vaxx yesterday. I had pneumonia when I had the 19.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: HWY_MAN] #8212840 03/24/21 01:19 PM
"The Regulator"
OP Online Content
"The Regulator"
I can buy and sell you!

That was my point.

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Superduty] #8212844 03/24/21 01:23 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I can buy and sell you!

That was my point.

Shane is rich AF, just ask him.

Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: S.A. hunter] #8212864 03/24/21 01:38 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I wonder how many years they spent on that vaccine, I'm gonna guess more then 7-8 months.... and they still got it wrong..... you can have blind faith if you want but I'm not playing Russian roulette with a vaccine, when the virus itself has a less then half a percentage chance of killing me. Its actually less then that when you consider my age, and health. Thanks, but no thanks.... I like my odds.

“In places with poor sanitation, fecal matter can enter the drinking water supply, and the virus is able to start spreading from person to person.”

-Polio vaccines have been around for a century. There isn’t a lot to understand about them. You’re blaming the vaccine and ignoring the actual issue. Also, the FDA approved a vaccine in Africa? Seems like it was the WHO that handled that, but I could be wrong.
-The vaccine works. Poor countries have issues with all kinds of disease that developed countries don’t. For instance, the oral polio vaccine is cheaper and easier to administer than a traditional vaccine via syringe. Poor African countries with limited resources are using it, but their infrastructure, or lack thereof, caused an unintended consequence.
-Viruses mutate.
-Poor hygiene/sanitation causes viral outbreaks.
-That particular vaccine uses live virus; one of the benefits of the Corona vaccines is they don’t use live virus, so it should help protect against different mutations. Another benefit is, it won’t actually spread the virus because it isn’t live virus.

I don’t have blind faith at all. I like my odds against Corona too. The entire response in this country to the pandemic was absurd and wrong. It’s up to each individual to assess the risks and make an informed decision regarding how they live their life, including whether the vaccine is right for them, and that should have been the plan with shutdowns, as Abbot noted last month when he finally lifted the restrictions. He said “it’s up to the individual to make the choices best for them.” The problem is, they should have been lifted after the first two weeks a year ago.

Reading the science behind these vaccines is making an informed decision. Being skeptical because other continents have issues with a different vaccine for a different virus is making excuses. That’s your choice, too, and fine. I’m not insulting you, but that’s what it is.

[Linked Image]
Re: You VAX people are guinea pigs. VAX not FDA approved [Re: Duck_Hunter] #8212869 03/24/21 01:41 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

“In places with poor sanitation, fecal matter can enter the drinking water supply, and the virus is able to start spreading from person to person.”

-Polio vaccines have been around for a century. There isn’t a lot to understand about them. You’re blaming the vaccine and ignoring the actual issue. Also, the FDA approved a vaccine in Africa? Seems like it was the WHO that handled that, but I could be wrong.
-The vaccine works. Poor countries have issues with all kinds of disease that developed countries don’t. For instance, the oral polio vaccine is cheaper and easier to administer than a traditional vaccine via syringe. Poor African countries with limited resources are using it, but their infrastructure, or lack thereof, caused an unintended consequence.
-Viruses mutate.
-Poor hygiene/sanitation causes viral outbreaks.
-That particular vaccine uses live virus; one of the benefits of the Corona vaccines is they don’t use live virus, so it should help protect against different mutations. Another benefit is, it won’t actually spread the virus because it isn’t live virus.

I don’t have blind faith at all. I like my odds against Corona too. The entire response in this country to the pandemic was absurd and wrong. It’s up to each individual to assess the risks and make an informed decision regarding how they live their life, including whether the vaccine is right for them, and that should have been the plan with shutdowns, as Abbot noted last month when he finally lifted the restrictions. He said “it’s up to the individual to make the choices best for them.” The problem is, they should have been lifted after the first two weeks a year ago.

Reading the science behind these vaccines is making an informed decision. Being skeptical because other continents have issues with a different vaccine for a different virus is making excuses. That’s your choice, too, and fine. I’m not insulting you, but that’s what it is.

100% cheers

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide