Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Florida Shark [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8197182 03/09/21 12:59 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
N
He got a big bull up to the beach last trip that was 9-10’ long but the line broke just before we tailroped him. That’s why he got the bigger reel.

Lol I hear you. I still enjoy my job too so not ready yet. But it’s gonna happen sooner rather than later. You’re right about the market right now though. It’s crazy. If we hadn’t struck when we did a few years back on the retirement places it may have been a whole different story.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Florida Shark [Re: bill oxner] #8197312 03/09/21 03:08 PM
R
rickym Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Are Black Tips legal in Texas?

Yeah, must be 24” and limited to one per day, 2 possession limit.

Re: Florida Shark [Re: rickym] #8197319 03/09/21 03:14 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by rickym

Yeah, must be 24” and limited to one per day, 2 possession limit.

Two would feed a family of four or more.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Florida Shark [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8197351 03/09/21 03:51 PM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
N
They are legal here too.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Florida Shark [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8197375 03/09/21 04:10 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Thats cool. I want to go so bad and fish the keys. Jealous nog, living the life.

I wanted to go before the kids were born or bigger, but couldn't convince the wife, now the kids are here and too small to go do all the stuff but big enough we dont want to go without them... ugh she should listen to me more often.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Florida Shark [Re: redchevy] #8197389 03/09/21 04:27 PM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by redchevy
Thats cool. I want to go so bad and fish the keys. Jealous nog, living the life.

I wanted to go before the kids were born or bigger, but couldn't convince the wife, now the kids are here and too small to go do all the stuff but big enough we dont want to go without them... ugh she should listen to me more often.

Won’t be long you can take them. up

I want to go to the Keys too. We visited once on a cruise stop but I want to drive the bridge and spend more time there. Not the tourist spots but the more remote areas to fish also. This shark fishing is my BIL’s deal. It’s fun but too much equipment to haul around and too much waiting time for me.

I like a little more action. smile

Re: Florida Shark [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8197453 03/09/21 05:30 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

I want to go to the Keys too. We visited once on a cruise stop but I want to drive the bridge and spend more time there. Not the tourist spots but the more remote areas to fish also. This shark fishing is my BIL’s deal. It’s fun but too much equipment to haul around and too much waiting time for me.

Well the snook and tarpon fishing in the keys and everglades is a lot more action. I wade fish then mangrove islands when in the everglades and the guides just can't help themselves warning about the gators. Caught back to back 52" and 54" snook wading waste deep and guide said probably would not have been able to do that on boat or skiff. I'm with you the beach fishing is heavy gear and slow to me too.

Re: Florida Shark [Re: bill oxner] #8197613 03/09/21 08:16 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Yes, and they are delicious. Just ate the last of mine last week, need to go catch some more.

Re: Florida Shark [Re: Always ready 2 hunt] #8198047 03/10/21 03:20 AM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt

Well the snook and tarpon fishing in the keys and everglades is a lot more action. I wade fish then mangrove islands when in the everglades and the guides just can't help themselves warning about the gators. Caught back to back 52" and 54" snook wading waste deep and guide said probably would not have been able to do that on boat or skiff. I'm with you the beach fishing is heavy gear and slow to me too.

Man that sounds like fun!

Re: Florida Shark [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8198377 03/10/21 04:06 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Man makes me want to go shark fishing.

Do you guys kayak out the baits?

Re: Florida Shark [Re: Texas buckeye] #8198446 03/10/21 05:04 PM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

Yessir. But it’s not very far out to the break here.

Re: Florida Shark [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8198494 03/10/21 05:55 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

Yessir. But it’s not very far out to the break here.

My last trip, in Alabama, I was dropping a bait for a large sting ray or large fish or something else that might hook into a big hook, I was paddling into some decent surf, I went straight into a wave and the whole dang kayak just flipped end over end on me. Thats how I saw it happen, and thats the story I am sticking to, not sure the video my wife took of this happening shows the exact scenario like that, but her cackling laugh while I was dumped in the water was annoying, but also funny.

We landed a couple that trip, nothing big, but we had several hook ups where line broke, hook released, and other frustrations. We had bites nearly every time we dropped bait, but was one of our more memorable unsuccessful trips overall. Makes me want to go back. Fun times for sure, even with the frustrations

Re: Florida Shark [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8198499 03/10/21 06:04 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I want to go for the reef/wreck fishing most. Would love to try spear fishing.

One of my buddies went tan took a guide for specks and reds in the bay. Sounded like a wasted trip why not do that here.

It's hell eatin em live
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide