Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8174666 02/18/21 02:41 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Western states with public land are more exposed to the liberal insanity that bases game management strictly on emotions.

The state offices are full of liberal idiots. The game departments are full of them, as are the National Forest Circus, BLM, and USFW.

When it's public land, you have that mafia to deal with.

Private property rights are way undersold.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: txtrophy85] #8174669 02/18/21 02:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
My buddy drew a bighorn sheep tag in Utah year before last.

He got a great sheep, but stumbled across two other teams of guys while looking at a herd; one a 80 year old man with cancer and another guy, I’m not 100% on this but he may have had the governors tag.

They got out of the way and let the older gent take the sheep and even helped him pack it out. The other guy it was literally a race to beat him to the sheep. They came out on top and took the sheep, but the way it was described it wasn’t a peaceful hunt, it was a “ we gotta get to him before this guy and we have just a matter of minutes to get there before he does”

Part of it. Back when I lived in CO, I was helping a buddy get his RBH, similar thing happened, There was 4 of us total, all military. The outfitter had a team of at least 10. It was pre cell so we had to use hand signals, they started using our hand signals for reference. Hind sight I thought is was funny, physically the outfitters couldn't even beat us there any way. In and out in a day. Fun hunt.

I seen it happen on Mule deer also, on eastern front of CO. I'll say that guy that got him could shoot!!

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Western Hunting [Re: BbarVRanch] #8174763 02/18/21 03:59 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by BbarVRanch
Western states with public land are more exposed to the liberal insanity that bases game management strictly on emotions. The state offices are full of liberal idiots. The game departments are full of them, as are the National Forest Circus, BLM, and USFW. When it's public land, you have that mafia to deal with. Private property rights are way undersold.

I'm very much in the minority on this site, but I still believe the best option is to sell most of the Federal lands in the west at public auction. This is the "tragedy of the commons" all over again. What belongs to everyone belongs to no one.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Western Hunting [Re: syncerus] #8174781 02/18/21 04:12 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by syncerus
Western states with public land are more exposed to the liberal insanity that bases game management strictly on emotions. The state offices are full of liberal idiots. The game departments are full of them, as are the National Forest Circus, BLM, and USFW. When it's public land, you have that mafia to deal with. Private property rights are way undersold.

I'm very much in the minority on this site, but I still believe the best option is to sell most of the Federal lands in the west at public auction. This is the "tragedy of the commons" all over again. What belongs to everyone belongs to no one.

Thank God you are in the minority or much of this country, its natural places, and its wildlife would be screwed. It doesn’t take much effort to get away from people on public lands out west if you use your brain and a little boot leather.

And the vast majority of folks who run them aren’t liberal idiots. But that’s starting to change some. Mostly it’s the liberal citizens themselves who override science, not the game departments who by and large do a damn good job in most states.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: BbarVRanch] #8174809 02/18/21 04:27 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Western states with public land are more exposed to the liberal insanity that bases game management strictly on emotions.

The state offices are full of liberal idiots. The game departments are full of them, as are the National Forest Circus, BLM, and USFW.

Really, you know these liberal folks ? Well guess what I know some of them; GWs, biologists, even a WG&F commissioner-actually knew a past one too. Far far from liberal. Spouse worked for WG&F for several years, again not a liberal in the bunch.
You're showing your ignorance here bud.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174817 02/18/21 04:29 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

Thank God you are in the minority or much of this country, its natural places, and its wildlife would be screwed. It doesn’t take much effort to get away from people on public lands out west if you use your brain and a little boot leather.

And the vast majority of folks who run them aren’t liberal idiots. But that’s starting to change some. Mostly it’s the liberal citizens themselves who override science, not the game departments who by and large do a damn good job in most states.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I have lived, ranched and hunted in a state with lots of public land, and under the control of liberals in the Game Commissions, and in control of NF, BLM & USFW. It's nothing new. Liberals have controlled all that for decades in those places.

Don't lie here.

Some of us know better.

P.S. What's your member number at BHA? nidea

Re: Western Hunting [Re: syncerus] #8174822 02/18/21 04:32 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I see what you mean too a point. I'm blessed and get to utilize and hunt usually a min of 2 western states a year. I hunt NF, Wilderness and BLM, but that's 20-30 days of hunting for same price as my deer lease.

I don't agree with a lot of federal management ideologies and how they get manipulated, but.... For the most part, it offers recreational opportunities 2nd to none.

Where else can you take you family on a week long jeep trail camping adventure. In fact there is only on ranch big enough in the US to technically do that. Good luck getting access.

I personally can't phantom not having public land. It's actually on of the things that's make us uniquely American.

With that said if it was auctioned today under current administration how much would end up Foreign owned?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Wytex] #8174823 02/18/21 04:34 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by Wytex

Really, you know these liberal folks ? Well guess what I know some of them; GWs, biologists, even a WG&F commissioner-actually knew a past one too. Far far from liberal. Spouse worked for WG&F for several years, again not a liberal in the bunch.
You're showing your ignorance here bud.

Wyoming may be a small exception. So far.

But, NM, AZ, MT, NV, OR, and many others are definitely exactly what I said.

So, in fact, as I stated, the vast majority of "Western States" ARE under liberal thumbs of all of that. That's a fact.

Wyoming maybe being the exception.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8174826 02/18/21 04:35 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Well, since most of the public land is available for hunting, managed for hunting, and by and large managed pretty well unless the feds or liberal citizens get too involved - I’m grateful to whoever’s running it. The ones I’ve interacted with sure aren’t liberals and that doesn’t jibe with liberals being in charge.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: BbarVRanch] #8174827 02/18/21 04:35 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W

I have lived, ranched and hunted in a state with lots of public land, and under the control of liberals in the Game Commissions, and in control of NF, BLM & USFW. It's nothing new. Liberals have controlled all that for decades in those places.

Don't lie here.

Some of us know better.

You are the one with no clue. Paint with that broad brush all the time I bet.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8174841 02/18/21 04:44 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Looks like this thread has replaced Reds "At what point" thread. It should easily make it till the big thaw.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Western Hunting [Re: BbarVRanch] #8174842 02/18/21 04:45 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Don't lie here.

Some of us know better.

I've leased BLM and state school land. Each BLM district is different. Biggest issue as far as hunting is Liberal appointments at the state game agency heads. State controls wild life decisions out side of ESA protections.

Now I'm not disagreeing that liberal biased hasn't influenced federal management because it has in a bad bad way, but not to the point those roads and trail heads are closed. You sell it, they will be 100% closed. Even if they do a lease back access will be limited.

F’ BHA!!! They Should be censored word on THF. I feel like an idiot for supporting them when they first came out.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Wytex] #8174857 02/18/21 04:54 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker

You are the one with no clue. Paint with that broad brush all the time I bet.

Sir, I do have a clue. I lived it. Experienced it.

As I have noted, Wyoming is the rare exception in the vast lands of the west. As said, I already acknowledged that to you.

You want egg in your beer as well? smile

As far as the other states, I stand firmly behind the facts and my statements.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8174998 02/18/21 06:25 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
No egg here and guess what I am no "sir " either. I drink beer my good friend makes, bet you drink fizzy corn water, i.e. Coors or rice beer. Find an egg every once in a while do you? Not me.
Wyoming is no "small" exception, half our state is public lands.

You're still painting with a wide brush.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8175032 02/18/21 06:42 PM
B
Blank Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Grew up for the last 40 years with all my friends being in the BLM, FS or State Lands Dept, and CAL Fire. Everything from local range cons and biologists, wardens, and all the way ups to district managers, State Range Manager, and even Washington DC policy makers. No liberals in any of them, and listening to stories most of the problems are liberal groups, eco-lawyers, litigation and suits hampering all the correct policies and practices. Now if you want to point your finger at the National Park Service, and more and more) USFWS, there I would start to agree with you!!

Beer and whiskey, 'cause you can't drink bacon!!
Re: Western Hunting [Re: Blank] #8175048 02/18/21 06:47 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Blank
Grew up for the last 40 years with all my friends being in the BLM, FS or State Lands Dept, and CAL Fire. Everything from local range cons and biologists, wardens, and all the way ups to district managers, State Range Manager, and even Washington DC policy makers. No liberals in any of them, and listening to stories most of the problems are liberal groups, eco-lawyers, litigation and suits hampering all the correct policies and practices. Now if you want to point your finger at the National Park Service, and more and more) USFWS, there I would start to agree with you!!

Litigation is the crazy part when it gets broken out and highlighted. Trump should of disbanded NP service and gave it to NFS.. roflmao I’m sure BHA and Patagonia would of told everyone he was stealing our public land again.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Wytex] #8175110 02/18/21 07:26 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
No egg here and guess what I am no "sir " either. I drink beer my good friend makes, bet you drink fizzy corn water, i.e. Coors or rice beer. Find an egg every once in a while do you? Not me.
Wyoming is no "small" exception, half our state is public lands.

You're still painting with a wide brush.

Tell us about what percentage Wyoming is in the theme of "western hunting"... (Taken from the thread title.)

Tell us all about how conservatively the entire western states are governed and regulated.

I wasn't aware that only Wyoming made up the entirety of "western states".

Knock that chip off your own shoulder. I'm not the enemy. But maybe it's time you see who and what is before your precious state follows the others down that liberal rabbit hole...?

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8176642 02/19/21 06:17 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Thanks Blank, all of the folks I know involved in game management are not liberals by any means, that incudes state and federal folks. But hey, I'm sure BbarV knows many more of those local folks than us.
Actually looks to me that outfitters have more say in some states than the elected politicians, guess they are all liberals too.

The chip on my shoulder is from folks bashing western game management from Texas, or any state back east. Don't like it then hunt elsewhere.

This whole thread was about all the madness around trail cams in some states, you brought liberal politics into it BbarV.
Guess what, many hunters in those states want trail cam restrictions. Take a look around some other forums and read the residents comments.
It's not liberal politics pushing trail cam bans, it's fed up hunters.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8176655 02/19/21 06:30 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
The only time I have even been slightly perturbed with a state game official out west was this one warden in Wyoming who met us and checked my moose tag every day for 6 days. Every. Day.

Never could figure that one out. confused2

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Wytex] #8176671 02/19/21 06:39 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Thanks Blank, all of the folks I know involved in game management are not liberals by any means, that incudes state and federal folks. But hey, I'm sure BbarV knows many more of those local folks than us.
Actually looks to me that outfitters have more say in some states than the elected politicians, guess they are all liberals too.

The chip on my shoulder is from folks bashing western game management from Texas, or any state back east. Don't like it then hunt elsewhere.

This whole thread was about all the madness around trail cams in some states, you brought liberal politics into it BbarV.
Guess what, many hunters in those states want trail cam restrictions. Take a look around some other forums and read the residents comments.
It's not liberal politics pushing trail cam bans, it's fed up hunters.

Differences that most people in TX don't see is those cameras are used out west to identify/find not so much to pattern
Here people use then to identify but most are trying to pattern.

I think out west public land mandate should be no cameras after Aug or state bans them on public land water sources and sets up a subscription based portal that funds camera and excess goes to directly into water enhancements.

IMO

Wyoming is blessed with not only their federal management but state's game agencies. I feel TX is in same boat.
It's always a different conversation with USFG LE interactions compared to state here IMO.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8176690 02/19/21 06:57 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
The only time I have even been slightly perturbed with a state game official out west was this one warden in Wyoming who met us and checked my moose tag every day for 6 days. Every. Day.

maybe you talked down to him and he did not like you

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Hudbone] #8176718 02/19/21 07:17 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Are you familiar with the phrase “self own”? smile

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8176732 02/19/21 07:24 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

u

You told him you where a lawyer didn’t you ...lol kidding

I’m sure it was because it was a super tag. Or he just wanted to see a big moose.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8176737 02/19/21 07:28 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

GWs have always been overly nice to me.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8176763 02/19/21 07:41 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

You told him you where a lawyer didn’t you ...lol kidding

I’m sure it was because it was a super tag. Or he just wanted to see a big moose.

Maybe so. It was a draw tag, but I never did figure it out.
confused2

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide