Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Image this.... #8130748 01/15/21 08:37 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content OP
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal

Study finds 84% fewer hospitalizations for patients treated with controversial drug hydroxychloroquine

And peer reviewed...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...Zz4g6svAsBt7Q5Ult2_QWN3IUAY2-V1SrlZFjdac

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8130754 01/15/21 08:47 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Yep, it is what my Dr. prescribed. He was very angry at the medical profession for succumbing to to political pressures.

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8130915 01/15/21 10:26 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
shocked I'm shocked!

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8130940 01/15/21 10:41 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Frigging hang this bastard from the nearest tree....enemy of the American citizens

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8130962 01/15/21 10:55 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
You might hate me for this, but i am responding only to stimulate conversation about this....so please don’t hate and don’t label me a liberal or anything just because i have some critiques...

Based on the description of this study it does not appear his was a blinded randomized study. It sounds like (haven’t seen the details yet so i could be wrong on this) they gave the triple tx to outpatient patients who tested positive and had “high risk factors”....meaning they chose who was getting tx and who wasn’t. While thats not a huge deal, it does make it so there is inherent bias and also gets to the question “who is high risk?” As far as i know, no one has told
Me who or what constitutes high risk. I have known plenty of folks who “should have” died from covid due to comorbitities, but they skated by fine with barely a sniffle while seemingly healthy folks are the ones who end up in hospital and dead. Its weird. So there is a possibility the “identified” high risk are really not at all, and the “low risk” have some in there who are truly the real high risk. Lack of randomization and blinding makes so this “possibility” i just discussed could be why these results were seen. Bottom line, we don’t know.

Also, study sample is quite low. Given the low risk for 141 and 377 subjects to be hospitalized at all, let alone die, this study doesn’t have a high power score. That is found in virtually every study of this kind because the numbers are jus really hard to get large for single site studies like this.

This could be a great study, it really could. But with no details of the actual study process and all that it is still too early to claim a victory here, at least scientifically.

Re: Image this.... [Re: Texas buckeye] #8130976 01/15/21 11:03 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Why would I hate a Dr, politely breaking down a study? Essentially you don’t like sample size, I get it and valid point. You arent being dismissive, just pointing out its weaker points.

As time progresses as you know we will start seeing larger and larger sample sizes in reporting, as we are

Study doesn’t essentially validate or dismiss, but shows promise.

Wonder what the vaccine sample sizes where?

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
You might hate me for this, but i am responding only to stimulate conversation about this....so please don’t hate and don’t label me a liberal or anything just because i have some critiques...

Based on the description of this study it does not appear his was a blinded randomized study. It sounds like (haven’t seen the details yet so i could be wrong on this) they gave the triple tx to outpatient patients who tested positive and had “high risk factors”....meaning they chose who was getting tx and who wasn’t. While thats not a huge deal, it does make it so there is inherent bias and also gets to the question “who is high risk?” As far as i know, no one has told
Me who or what constitutes high risk. I have known plenty of folks who “should have” died from covid due to comorbitities, but they skated by fine with barely a sniffle while seemingly healthy folks are the ones who end up in hospital and dead. Its weird. So there is a possibility the “identified” high risk are really not at all, and the “low risk” have some in there who are truly the real high risk. Lack of randomization and blinding makes so this “possibility” i just discussed could be why these results were seen. Bottom line, we don’t know.

Also, study sample is quite low. Given the low risk for 141 and 377 subjects to be hospitalized at all, let alone die, this study doesn’t have a high power score. That is found in virtually every study of this kind because the numbers are jus really hard to get large for single site studies like this.

This could be a great study, it really could. But with no details of the actual study process and all that it is still too early to claim a victory here, at least scientifically.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8130994 01/15/21 11:11 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I’ll stick with the FDA and NIH studies thanks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Image this.... [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8131001 01/15/21 11:16 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

No you won’t lol

You already dismissed NIH and ivermectin on the other thread lol

Same circular BS troll

Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8131008 01/15/21 11:19 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Sample size for pfizer vaccine was 40,000
Dont know the others.

Appreciate your remarks BOBO, some on here have not been so kind to study critiques.

This does show promise, and i hope we do eventually find the cocktail that works with very high success. I am tired of covid, its healthcare effects, workplace effects, and most importantly its political effects.

Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8131015 01/15/21 11:23 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
rolleyes

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Image this.... [Re: Texas buckeye] #8131016 01/15/21 11:24 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Sample size for pfizer vaccine was 40,000
Dont know the others.

Appreciate your remarks BOBO, some on here have not been so kind to study critiques.

This does show promise, and i hope we do eventually find the cocktail that works with very high success. I am tired of covid, its healthcare effects, workplace effects, and most importantly its political effects.

think we all are and we aren’t even front line.

I don’t think it will ever be one specific treatment, nature of Covid. Everyone responds differently.

Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8131034 01/15/21 11:34 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I got tired of all the covid talk a long time ago and kind of tuned it out. At first I guess I was like many that gobbled up all the info I could and it soon became apparent to me that NO ONE knew anything important with much certainty. Unlike many, I dont put blame on anyone for all the inconsistent info, I just think its the nature of this beast.
I will add that for a long time on here it was asked on many occasions if anyone had first hand knowledge of anyone that actually had covid and I and most said no. Now it seems that of those that I know somewhat well that MOST have had covid. No one I know personally has had a bad case of it, but obviously many have.
Sorry, I didnt address the topic directly but my first post about covid in a long time so I just thought I would be kind of generic. Also, I like Bobo and TXBuck both so I figured a good time to contribute, albeit a little.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8131130 01/16/21 12:53 AM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I think many have had the virus and did not know it. Case in point was my wife, she had it and breezed right thru it with no problems at all. I had it at the same time experienced high fever and was admitted to the hospital for 3 days then released. Lost about 15 lbs. and had no energy for a while. Energy level has improved close to where it was last July when this all took place.

Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8131141 01/16/21 12:59 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
NP, you still trust any of them?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Image this.... [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8131449 01/16/21 05:35 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

FWIW, no source I have seen has said HCQ was helpful in patients already hospitalized (like the NIH and FDA statements)....it was recommended for patients who had not yet been hospitalized to prevent the symptoms from getting worse and therefore reduce hospitalizations. Pretty notable difference.

Re: Image this.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8131550 01/16/21 01:21 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Lots of over thinking here. You don't want to invite this in to your home, but if you gonna get, you will get it. I find it funny how brave people can be when they haven't had it. When it grabs you, do all that you can. Seek advice, take care of yourself, stay away from others and say a prayer.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide