Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
That is cool. Any of you who have surviving parents. You should try and get them to write down their stories. I give my parents journals every year and always remind them and ask them to share their story so that some day I can read back through them and share them with grand/great grand kids or whomever. I have journals that I write in to do the same for my son. I have tried to get home to start early doing the same. I give him a journal every year on his birthday to maybe encourage him to do so. The stories we have, the experiences we have, and the willingness to share and pass those on, is our best shot at immortality. I would encourage everyone to do this. I am very fortunate, both my parents are still living, but I love the thought of reading their journals at some point after they go to be with the Lord.

I agree. My Grandparents, Parents, Aunt's/Uncle's, everybody died when I was young. I can't ask anybody questions LOL.

Family historical documents and pictures were lost in a house fire when I was 9 yrs old.

My 9 yr old Son and 6 yr old daughter both have their own journals now, which are private. My youngest Son has been taught how to make a fire and sharpen a knife by himself, and he does it well. He will make a fire and sit by himself in a chair by the fire writing in his journal. I don't bother him. He's a fire bug like me, but a smart kid and a good kid. I don't know what he is writing in his private journal to be read later when I'm dead LOL.

It would be very cool if some day he has a journal or two to read after you are gone, with your story. Whatever it is, and whatever you know and want to share. The advice you leave, the lessons you learned, and the love in words will become lore. He will find tremendous wisdom in your story when he finds it and reads it. It will change his life and maybe that of his children, grandchildren, and on. You may never know the impact you leave, but it will be priceless. Maybe even more for your daughter. smile

Proverbs 2