Stolen Horizon .308 #8097294 12/21/20 12:43 AM
Cody Malone Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
🚨 Devastating News for Malone Outdoors 🚨

PLEASE READ & SHARE

$500 CASH REWARD NO QUESTIONS ASKED

Our custom built Horizon HZ Hunter chambered in .308 has been stolen the night of 12/19/2020 in the Stonebrooke neighborhood near Lake Belton middle school.

Horizon HZ Hunter .308
Serial # - HRZ0598
Has aH&S Precision detachable mag well with 5 round box magazine.

Swarovski Z6i - 3-18x50
Serial # - R870438739

SilencerCo Omega .300 Suppresser
Serial # - OMG-62527

HF Whitetail / Exotic / S. African Safaris

Proudly Sponsored by:
Horizon Firearms / Swarovski Optiks / Under Armour / Yeti Coolers / Costa Del Mar / Havalon Knives

Malone Outdoors, LLC
C/254-722-9031 or E/ maloneoutdoors@yahoo.com
Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8097359 12/21/20 01:14 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Gun left in truck I’m guessing? Sucks regardless and I hope you recover it.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8098121 12/21/20 07:10 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I've never had it happen to me and I hope that it never will happen but is getting a suppressor stolen a huge can of worms?

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8098144 12/21/20 07:31 PM
G
GLC Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Hope you get it back. I know there are those on here that think that when a gun is stolen from a vehicle that it is the owners fault. When I am coming back from shooting or hunting and I stop at a convenience store for something, I do not take my guns in with me. I do not plan on getting them stolen. That kind of stuff happens no matter what. Its not like we store the guns in a vehicle for a week or even overnight.

Last edited by GLC; 12/21/20 07:34 PM.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8098166 12/21/20 07:56 PM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Actually, you should be able to set anything down anywhere
at any time and go shop or poop or eat supper or whatever
and whatever you sat down should still be right there untouched
by any other person.
For whatever reason, people have forgotten that you're not supposed
to f*** with things that you know damned a-well don't belong to
you, and you should show respect for another's belongings
as you should be able to expect the same in return from everyone
else.
If you know something doesn't belong to you ( and everyone knows
exactly what belongs to them and what doesn't) don't mess with it

Thievery should always be severely punished because there's not
any legitimate or excusable reason for it

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8098203 12/21/20 08:28 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Cody

sorry to hear about your loss

care to share how it happened ?
maybe help a few of us from mistakes learned

I do carry a lot of rifles with me when I hunt

sometimes, I'll run a cable lock through all the trigger guards
If I know I'll be stopping somewhere and having to leave truck
for a while

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8098207 12/21/20 08:40 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
You really ought to be hung for theft over $1000. You’re not trying to feed your family at that point, you’ve proven you’re a worthless POS and will be a drain going forward.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8098212 12/21/20 08:45 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Hate to hear that Cody. I'll keep my eyes open, but I doubt something like that would turn up in any of the local pawn shops or gun shops.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8098225 12/21/20 08:56 PM
J
Jsarmory Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Sorry to hear this. Hoping it all turns up somewhere.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: GLC] #8098238 12/21/20 09:02 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by GLC
Hope you get it back. I know there are those on here that think that when a gun is stolen from a vehicle that it is the owners fault. When I am coming back from shooting or hunting and I stop at a convenience store for something, I do not take my guns in with me. I do not plan on getting them stolen. That kind of stuff happens no matter what. Its not like we store the guns in a vehicle for a week or even overnight.

I 100% agree with your statement, I’ve got to the point I don’t stop with guns in the truck anymore unless someone stays in the truck. Dang shame we have to be so protective of our stuff these days..

Anyone caught should be hung at the earliest convenience of the owner.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Ol Thumper] #8098275 12/21/20 09:16 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Originally Posted by GLC

I 100% agree with your statement, I’ve got to the point I don’t stop with guns in the truck anymore unless someone stays in the truck. Dang shame we have to be so protective of our stuff these days..

Agreed it’s a shame

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Ol Thumper] #8098941 12/22/20 08:18 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Originally Posted by GLC

Same here and it’s a drain sometimes.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: GLC] #8099023 12/22/20 01:13 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by GLC

It's not the owners fault, you're correct. The thief is a POS no doubt and should be hung by their nuts. The theft, however is preventable. Those of us that where in the military certainly know better. It would have been our aZZ if we ever left a weapon unattended in a military vehicle of any kind. Build your security in layers and do not make it easy for a thief to target your guns or property. Have a plan, force them move onto the next guy.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8099038 12/22/20 01:37 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Plain & simple, this just sucks.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Hudbone] #8099044 12/22/20 01:41 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Plain & simple, this just sucks.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8099183 12/22/20 02:55 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Its not Cody's fault

Most of us have left VERY high Dollar guns locked in our vehicles.

Like its bee said, POS thieves

Cody, post pictures of your rifle, Hopefully the stock will stand out as unique and can be spotted.

Sorry this happened to you.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: The Dude Abides] #8099254 12/22/20 03:28 PM
G
GLC Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Originally Posted by GLC

It's not the owners fault, you're correct. The thief is a POS no doubt and should be hung by their nuts. The theft, however is preventable. Those of us that where in the military certainly know better. It would have been our aZZ if we ever left a weapon unattended in a military vehicle of any kind. Build your security in layers and do not make it easy for a thief to target your guns or property. Have a plan, force them move onto the next guy.

Understand what you are saying but your statement of "we ought to know better" wont fly. We all know better but life happens. Military is one thing, civilian life is another. Sure in the military you must have your firearm at all times. In the military you can and should do this. When you are by yourself coming from shooting or hunting and you have to take a crap bad, I have never seen anyone take all of their gun cases into a stall in a convenience store. And even if you did, you still have a possibility of someone stealing them. The "only" way that you can for sure have your firearms in an environment that they will not get stolen is having them incased in a block of cement but that kinda defeats the purpose. My dad always said, son if someone really wants what you got they will find a way to take it from you.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: GLC] #8099284 12/22/20 03:51 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by GLC
Originally Posted by GLC

Understand what you are saying but your statement of "we ought to know better" wont fly. We all know better but life happens. Military is one thing, civilian life is another. Sure in the military you must have your firearm at all times. In the military you can and should do this. When you are by yourself coming from shooting or hunting and you have to take a crap bad, I have never seen anyone take all of their gun cases into a stall in a convenience store. And even if you did, you still have a possibility of someone stealing them. The "only" way that you can for sure have your firearms in an environment that they will not get stolen is having them incased in a block of cement but that kinda defeats the purpose. My dad always said, son if someone really wants what you got they will find a way to take it from you.

If you served then YOU should know better period! Have a plan that minimizes your risk; be a responsible gun owner. If theft is just something that happens in your eyes then so be it, It's just not risk I'm willing to accept. I apply this every single day..."Build your security in layers and do not make it easy for a thief to target your guns or property. Have a plan, force them move onto the next guy". It's not perfect but it is a plan nonetheless.

Last edited by TXGUNNER308; 12/22/20 03:58 PM.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8099317 12/22/20 04:16 PM
Cody Malone Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

HF Whitetail / Exotic / S. African Safaris

Proudly Sponsored by:
Horizon Firearms / Swarovski Optiks / Under Armour / Yeti Coolers / Costa Del Mar / Havalon Knives

Malone Outdoors, LLC
C/254-722-9031 or E/ maloneoutdoors@yahoo.com
Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8099354 12/22/20 04:36 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Beautiful rifle, I hope you get it back.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8099382 12/22/20 04:55 PM
Greg Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Sorry your gun got taken. Can’t stand a thief. How/where did it happen, or do you know? Maybe there is video surveillance footage confused2

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: The Dude Abides] #8099405 12/22/20 05:07 PM
G
GLC Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Originally Posted by GLC
Originally Posted by GLC

If you served then YOU should know better period! Have a plan that minimizes your risk; be a responsible gun owner. If theft is just something that happens in your eyes then so be it, It's just not risk I'm willing to accept. I apply this every single day..."Build your security in layers and do not make it easy for a thief to target your guns or property. Have a plan, force them move onto the next guy". It's not perfect but it is a plan nonetheless.

Guess we will just have to disagree. Knowing and doing is two different things. Planning life and real life is also two different things. Life is what happens when you are making plans. Rarely does it ever work out like your plans. Also you cannot build your security in layers when an unexpected emergency comes up and you are by yourself. You have two options, crap on your self or go to the bathroom. Take it from someone that has lived a very long time and have experienced a multitude of unexpected experiences. Also one last thought, you can be a responsible gun owner and still have one stolen from you.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: GLC] #8099475 12/22/20 05:53 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted by GLC

. Also one last thought, you can be a responsible gun owner and still have one stolen from you.

that is fact

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8099485 12/22/20 06:03 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
These often end up with folks talking past one another.

No, it’s not the owner’s fault if something gets stolen.
Yes, there are measures that can be taken to minimize risk.

Just like it’s not a driver’s fault if someone rear-ends them. But it is a good idea to wear a seatbelt in case you get in a collision.

We don’t even know what happened here and it’s not really even important. If Cody didn’t leave it in a vehicle, the point is moot. If he did, I’m betting no one wishes he hadn’t more than him.

When I travel, I hate lugging rifles and gear in and out of motel rooms. But I do it. But I do stop to eat, pee, etc. If I’m there a while, I’ll park where I can see my truck. If I’m just going in to pee, I try to park right up by the door. But if they get it, they get it.

Can’t stand thieves. Hope you get it back.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Stolen Horizon .308 [Re: Cody Malone] #8099549 12/22/20 06:51 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Any pics of the truck?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread