Forums46
Topics538,042
Posts9,732,275
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8057135 11/20/20 01:13 AM
M
Michael W. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Viet Nam
Australia
Holland
Austria
Switzerland
Germany
Alaska

A clear conscience is often the sign of a fuzzy memory.
Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8057140 11/20/20 01:17 AM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Canada
Mexico
Spain
Italy
Switzerland
Austria
Germany

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8057158 11/20/20 01:30 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

[Linked Image]
Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8057165 11/20/20 01:35 AM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
I have been to a few other countries and a couple I hope I never see again and some I would love to go back to

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: dogcatcher] #8057320 11/20/20 04:51 AM
N
N.La.Beagler Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
All of these before I turned 21, Mexico, France, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, England, Portugal. Azores, Gibraltar, Canada, Guam, Japan, Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam and finally Cambodia.

All those countries before 21...I'd be taking a penicillin shot every day.

Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: aerangis] #8057443 11/20/20 01:48 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by aerangis
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted by one73maro
Only US and Japan for me right now. Want to go on a trip in the next year or so when this Covid pandemic crap clears up. I want to go to Germany, Austria and maybe catch Switzerland on this next trip.

We cancelled our trip to Switzerland in March because of China Virus. We had been looking forward to it for a year.
Japan was a fantastic place to visit.

Total of 11 countries and 46 states for me. Starting to think if I ever leave the US again it will be permanently.

Yep. The plan was Rockport, but now we're thinking Panama or Costa Rica and a cabin in Colorado.

go check the tff ot for colorado cabin, one of the members has one in pagosa springs he rents. costa rica look at limon and south to manzanillo if you want quiet/beach/laid back, used to tarpon fish out of there. west coast is the tourist coast, east coast/limon are more local oriented. out of limon you can do the tour up the tortuguero canal, lots of cool wildlife like sloths and howler monkeys. saltwater crocs and caimen also.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8057451 11/20/20 01:54 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
NAVY here also, spent just over a yr and a half on an asian vacation with them them off to sicily and italy, went to germany for oktoberfest (very fuzzy memory of that for some reason) and made switzerland for a short ski trip and hit some other european countries as my security clearance allowed. early 70s and plane hijacking was the thing back then.

panama, costa rica, nicaraugua, mexico all for fun.

have been to all 48 contiguous states and all provinces of canada, calgary is my favorite. this was when I went over the road truck driving. figured it up a while back and I have driven every mile of interstate in this country at least 5 times if not more, did almost 2 million in the truck before I got hurt.

Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Mickey Moose] #8067831 11/28/20 10:04 PM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
COVID has made it 100x’s worse....

I disagree and feel it is easier... there are fewer people traveling. Based on four experiences during 'Rona - two international and two within the US.

About to be another international and another within the US.

Just returned from another international trip. Travel both directions was an absolute breeze unlike in non-'Rona times.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8067877 11/28/20 11:01 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I have seen most countries you would want to see. Once we took off from San Francisco going east and circled the world and came back to San Francisco from the west.

Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Mickey Moose] #8067910 11/28/20 11:27 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
COVID has made it 100x’s worse....

I disagree and feel it is easier... there are fewer people traveling. Based on four experiences during 'Rona - two international and two within the US.

About to be another international and another within the US.

Just returned from another international trip. Travel both directions was an absolute breeze unlike in non-'Rona times.

I just got back from a five week trip to the UAE. I had to have a negative covid test within 72 hours to enter the UAE. The UAE changed their entry rules while I was in route. I was scheduled to fly into Abu Dhabi and get my visit visa upon arrival. At the time they were not issuing work visa's but would be able to get that while I was in my two week quarantine. The changed their entry policy so that non-citizens/residents couldn't enter Abu Dhabi, now they had to enter the UAE in Dubai and quarantine there AND had to have their visit visa approved before boarding a flight to there. I spent two days in the Amsterdam airport changing flights and getting approval to enter. I couldn't leave the airport because I didn't have an EU visa....and both airport hotels were booked.

When I finally arrived in Dubai my luggage was still in Amsterdam...even after repeated assurances from the gate attendant that my luggage was in fact on my flight. After my 14 day quarantine I have to get a COVID test to leave Dubai. Then I would be able to travel to Abu Dhabi where I was working.

Had to get my third covid test three days later. Then my 4th covid test a few days later to go onto the drilling location...this one was by far the best as I thought the little nurse was going to shove the qtip out my right ear through my nose!!!! BITCH!!!

The entire time I was there we were restricted to the hotel, our yard, or location other than going to a clinic to get a covid test. The restaurant and bar was closed and food was delivered to our room placed outside the door in a brown bag. No choice of meal...only if it was Arabic, Indian, or Continental...I tried all three styles and they mostly all sucked.

Then my fifth test in a little over four weeks to fly home.

I was less than three miles from the Persian Gulf and was only able to see it from the air as I flew out.

Masks were mandatory everywhere outside your hotel room. The fine if caught without one was $750-$1,500 USD!

So in my experience it F'ing sucked. I was looking forward to getting out and seeing the place as its my first time in the middle east....but this trip, just like our driving vacation to Alaska this past summer...the China Virus ruined it....

Glad your travel experience was better.....

As to the OP's question...this trip was 8,100 miles (as the crow flies) from home so it was my farthest. I've been to:

Mexico
Jamaica
Belize
Canada
Bundesrepublik Deutschland (West Germany)
Deutsche Demokratische Republik (East Germany)
France
Spain
Belgium
Luxembourg
Netherlands
and now the United Arab Emirates

PLUS all the lower 48 states....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Tin Head] #8067913 11/28/20 11:33 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tin Head

This.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8067952 11/29/20 12:08 AM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8067954 11/29/20 12:08 AM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8068085 11/29/20 02:27 AM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q
25 Years active duty USN. Have visited 51 countries and have done 5 African safaris. Have also been to all 50 states and 3 U.S territories, might say I've been around the block a few times.

Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8068173 11/29/20 04:12 AM
J
JRSUSMC94 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Jordan
Spain
Dubai
Bahrain
Oman
Mexico
Dominican Republic
All around the U.S.

Oman was my favorite. Spain had the best women, besides of course the U.S.

And the McDonalds in Spain sold beer. Hair of the dog.

Last edited by JRSUSMC94; 11/29/20 04:13 AM.
Re: How far outside have you traveled in your life so far? [Re: Superduty] #8068306 11/29/20 01:08 PM
H
hogwart Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I've lived most of my life less the a hundred miles from where I grew up. Currently I live about sixty miles south of where I grew up.
But I have lived for a short time in two cities much further south. I spent eight years in Wetaskiwin which is about 7 hours south and one year in Vancouver which is about 14 hours south and west.

I have traveled over much of Canada and a good part of the United States. I've been as far south s Fort Smith Arkansas and as far north as Yellowknife.
I've been to the west coast in Canada and the US, but the furthest east I've been in Canada is Toronto, we say Turonna, and east to Kansas City in the US.

Do for yourself as much as you can, eat what nature provides as much as you can. This is the key to sleeping well and living long.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide