Forums46
Topics538,032
Posts9,732,168
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Nathan at Fork] #8001871 10/07/20 10:28 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork
Sounds like it shouldnt have happened, BUT, its yet another instance where if the person would have followed the lawful order of the officer then nothing would have happened. Dont resist.

Yep.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Guy] #8001894 10/07/20 10:53 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork
Sounds like it shouldnt have happened, BUT, its yet another instance where if the person would have followed the lawful order of the officer then nothing would have happened. Dont resist.

Yep.

My thoughts exactly. Common denominator in just about every one of these cases.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8001896 10/07/20 10:57 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
wouldnt be the first time drunk got some one killed. Being captain save a hoe has never worked out either

[Linked Image]
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Tin Head] #8001956 10/07/20 11:36 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tin Head
wouldnt be the first time drunk got some one killed.

Do you really think he was drunk?

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: J.G.] #8001977 10/07/20 11:48 PM
F
fredeboy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Just spoke with a friend of mine that has lived in Wolfe City for over 50 years. The man shot was truly a good person, and was also a lifelong resident of Wolfe City. The officer is very young, was scared and really did mess up. Very unfortunate for all involved.

He also said there is Hunt County deputies, Fannin County deputies, and three Texas Rangers in town. I expect with that level of peace officers, the peace will be kept.

DPD did nothing wrong yet they looted, burned, and destroyed Dallas. That WCPD officer messed up big time. You don’t think this will explode? You really think a few deputies will handle a mob?

It would be better for the deputies to handle it, than the citizens.

This ain't Dallas county, or the city of Dallas...

up cheers

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8001984 10/07/20 11:52 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
I’m beginning to think some took the news bait

Again two lives are messed up from this. Sometimes bad things happen to nice people

As always wait for more facts

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Guy] #8002020 10/08/20 12:22 AM
R
RDB Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
There have been some random claims of the officer arresting someone under the pretense that they were i toxicated, yet they were in fact sober. This has been mixed in with other reports from citizens of traffic stops that weren't warranted, following people for several miles before pulling them over for no real violation, etc. They could all be exaggerated now that this has happened, though.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8002102 10/08/20 01:22 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Just saw a pic of the officer. I've never seen a forehead that big.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Brother in-law] #8002177 10/08/20 02:13 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Brother in-law

Again two lives are messed up from this. Sometimes bad things happen to nice people

I’ve learned the hard way that this is the best route to take.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Brother in-law] #8002486 10/08/20 12:55 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

I agree 100% on waiting for all the facts, I just wonder what the officer thought he was seeing to shoot the guy, there has to be more to this story. We may get more of an idea when we hear what the officer has to say. If the officer believed the guy was coming at him with a weapon or that Price was trying to take the officer's gun, then the situation will start to change in my mind.....either way sounds like a good person lost his life and nothing will change that for his family, I just hope they don't allow some ambulance chasing pot stirrer to represent them.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Concho] #8002501 10/08/20 01:09 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Concho

I agree 100% on waiting for all the facts, I just wonder what the officer thought he was seeing to shoot the guy, there has to be more to this story. We may get more of an idea when we hear what the officer has to say. If the officer believed the guy was coming at him with a weapon or that Price was trying to take the officer's gun, then the situation will start to change in my mind.....either way sounds like a good person lost his life and nothing will change that for his family, I just hope they don't allow some ambulance chasing pot stirrer to represent them.

The officers attorney released a statement on his behalf. Officer stated that Price attempted to take his Taser, so he acted within accordance of the law.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: BigPig] #8002510 10/08/20 01:12 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

The officers attorney released a statement on his behalf. Officer stated that Price attempted to take his Taser, so he acted within accordance of the law.

so given all this info, why was he arrested immediately? it makes zero sense unless the city was just trying to avoid a riot.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: BigPig] #8002513 10/08/20 01:16 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Thank you, I just knew there had to be some threat for the officer to respond with lethal force.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Concho] #8002515 10/08/20 01:17 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

This is why I haven't commented on this until now. It was hard for me to imagine this being as cut and dried as it appeared at first. I couldn't help but think there has to be more to this story that hasn't been released yet. I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but being fresh out of the academy I can imagine how the officer may have reacted when the guy tried to shake his hand. We all remember how it was constantly drilled in our heads in the academy that you don't shake hands with people at calls for officer safety reasons. I could easily see the guy getting pissed if the officer declined to shake his hand and it could have gone south really quickly after that. I've seen officers, especially new ones, who weren't very diplomatic when explaining the whole hand shaking thing and people can get really pissed about that.
In the end, it may have actually been a bad shoot but I would like to see the body cam video to see what the officer saw/heard. A large part of the determination as to whether he was justified or not will hinge on that point. Part of me thinks if the Rangers saw a crime he's probably toast. However, I can also see a scenario in which the Ranger didn't think she could prove a criminal case but the DA told her they could and advised her to arrest him and send the case. Right now I have no idea which way this one went.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8002519 10/08/20 01:20 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

so given all this info, why was he arrested immediately? it makes zero sense unless the city was just trying to avoid a riot.

This is 2020, I believe many leaders are reacting in an attempt to stop exacting what you are stating. I don't like the fact that law enforcement is taking such immediate actions against one of their own, but in the end law enforcement usually does as instructed by the folks who run the state and local government, they really have no choice if they desire to remain employed.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Grizz] #8002528 10/08/20 01:25 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Grizz

This is why I haven't commented on this until now. It was hard for me to imagine this being as cut and dried as it appeared at first. I couldn't help but think there has to be more to this story that hasn't been released yet. I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but being fresh out of the academy I can imagine how the officer may have reacted when the guy tried to shake his hand. We all remember how it was constantly drilled in our heads in the academy that you don't shake hands with people at calls for officer safety reasons. I could easily see the guy getting pissed if the officer declined to shake his hand and it could have gone south really quickly after that. I've seen officers, especially new ones, who weren't very diplomatic when explaining the whole hand shaking thing and people can get really pissed about that.
In the end, it may have actually been a bad shoot but I would like to see the body cam video to see what the officer saw/heard. A large part of the determination as to whether he was justified or not will hinge on that point. Part of me thinks if the Rangers saw a crime he's probably toast. However, I can also see a scenario in which the Ranger didn't think she could prove a criminal case but the DA told her they could and advised her to arrest him and send the case. Right now I have no idea which way this one went.

Very Well Stated.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8002538 10/08/20 01:36 PM
D
ducknbass Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Question for LEO

When is a taser usually deployed?

If he was in the wrong in deploying taser (if being the key word that's why I asked) if that caused the suspect to react or fall towards the tazer perceiving a threat by the officer. Who caused the shooting? The officer or the suspect?

Last edited by ducknbass; 10/08/20 01:40 PM.
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8002539 10/08/20 01:36 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I completely understand why an officer should not shake hands. Completely. That isn't always shared by guys with their perceptions "altered" by alcohol or other intoxicants. Have personally seen people "taken down" for their actions involved with the perceived insult of an officer not accepting a hand shake, In each instance, they would not have gone to the jail without their inappropriate and over zealous reaction to the perceived "slight".

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8002582 10/08/20 02:23 PM
A
AMF Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
I'd like to make a comment about the hand shaking thing. First, I'm not a LEO or an attorney. Never have been and never have pretended to be. Now, all that being said.....

I saw a training film that was produced for LEOs. The instructor had an assistant put on a padded head gear. The instructor offered a hand shake and the assistant accepted the gesture. The instructor suddenly tightened his grip on the assistant and decked him with a left hay maker. The instructor turned to the camera and said "THAT'S why you don't shake hands with ANYBODY at a call!"

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Concho] #8002800 10/08/20 06:00 PM
Greg Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Grizz

Very Well Stated.

Yes it was. I won’t take a side until I see the tape. The WHOLE tape as well... not some little teaser to get everyone all stirred up.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8002820 10/08/20 06:14 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Question for LEO

If he was in the wrong in deploying taser (if being the key word that's why I asked) if that caused the suspect to react or fall towards the tazer perceiving a threat by the officer. Who caused the shooting? The officer or the suspect?

When it falls within the force continuum guidelines of that department.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: AMF] #8002840 10/08/20 06:28 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duke107
I'd like to make a comment about the hand shaking thing. First, I'm not a LEO or an attorney. Never have been and never have pretended to be. Now, all that being said.....

I saw a training film that was produced for LEOs. The instructor had an assistant put on a padded head gear. The instructor offered a hand shake and the assistant accepted the gesture. The instructor suddenly tightened his grip on the assistant and decked him with a left hay maker. The instructor turned to the camera and said "THAT'S why you don't shake hands with ANYBODY at a call!"

Yes, and that doesn't even take into consideration the weapons on the officer's belt that can be grabbed.
The principle of not shaking hands in that scenario is solid, but we can mitigate the reaction with a little tact. I've always told younger officers it's perfectly fine to explain why we are not supposed to shake hands and to tell them we would normally have no problem shaking hands with them. People tend to understand that versus just pulling your hand back and telling them you don't shake hands. That just tends to start the contact off on a negative note, especially for folks who were raised like most of us being taught that shaking hands is just what you do when you start a contact with another person.
Again, I'm not saying this had anything to do with this incident, just an observation from a lot of years dealing with people.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8003089 10/08/20 09:27 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
This is how not to do it...

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8003132 10/08/20 10:05 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
This is how not to do it...

What did I do? hammer

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8003181 10/08/20 10:34 PM
B
barndoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Question for LEO

I will answer your question for you. A taser is usually deployed when you have a subject that is failing to comply with your orders. For example, “Put your hands behind you back”. It is a compliance tool.

Last edited by barndoor; 10/09/20 12:33 AM.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide