Forums46
Topics538,065
Posts9,732,595
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Texas Dan] #7970362 09/11/20 11:07 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Originally Posted by fishdfly
With a good "lease boss" and it would not have happened.

Agreed. A good lease boss ensures everyone enjoys equal access. No deer is reserved for anyone, and everyone shares in the success of any legal deer taken.

Dan I have been on countless leases both as a lease member and as a guest. Not one single place I have stepped foot on reserved a deer for any certain person. Most of the places do try to put the young deer off limits but even then there is usually one knuckle head that will "make a mistake". But never has a deer been reserved for anyone on the places I have been. Sure it happens but its the exception and not the rule I assure you of that.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7970373 09/11/20 11:18 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
As lease boss I like to reserve the deer I’m going to kill when they are just coming out of velvet. This saves any confusion about which deer is mine. As a lease rule all camera cards are to be turned in to me before lease holders can view. If my deer is showing up at another hunters stand more frequently then I have the option of hunting their stand and they can pick from my stands as an alternative. If another deer better than the one I chose in velvet appears on camera then I have the right to chose another buck. This keeps everyone honest. I also feel I should be compensated for dealing with the land owner and my lease fees are split up between my leaseholders. Deer hunting has always been very important to me and I like to keep things fair and upfront. There are plenty of decent bucks to go around.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Texas Dan] #7970377 09/11/20 11:26 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Anyone willing to take a stab at for whom the deer in the cartoon might be reserved?

\

No Dan - pray tell?? Who are you speaking of?

You can't fix stupid
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: tlk] #7970386 09/11/20 11:34 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Goshers, somes here really have me rethinking my methods. What am I doing?

[Linked Image]

awesome bucks!!

Man those are some thick boys! Good luck Hud and reserve one for me!

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7970734 09/12/20 10:44 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
headed to Geronimo for some dove hunting this morning. Don't know how many others are going, but I am sure to see pumps and over & unders. I will utilize my trusty side by side this day. Still think of great granddaddy every time I pull it out. Darn sure ain't going to be disparaging the oher hunters for their choices. In fact, I will celebrate their good shots and, of course, my lucky ones.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Hudbone] #7970756 09/12/20 11:30 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
headed to Geronimo for some dove hunting this morning. Don't know how many others are going, but I am sure to see pumps and over & unders. I will utilize my trusty side by side this day. Still think of great granddaddy every time I pull it out. Darn sure ain't going to be disparaging the oher hunters for their choices. In fact, I will celebrate their good shots and, of course, my lucky ones.

Have fun and shoot straight! up 'Reminds me, I need to get Dad's rattling Model 12 in 16 ga. down and try to knock some doves down with it. His hands wore a lot of the bluing off the stainless barrel.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: scalebuster] #7970814 09/12/20 01:09 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by scalebuster
As lease boss I like to reserve the deer I’m going to kill when they are just coming out of velvet.

This saves any confusion about which deer is mine. loco

As a lease rule all camera cards are to be turned in to me before lease holders can view . scratch

If my deer is showing up at another hunters stand more frequently then I have the option of hunting their stand and they can pick from my stands as an alternative. bs

If another deer better than the one I chose in velvet appears on camera then I have the right to chose another buck.
This keeps everyone honest
. wtf

I also feel I should be compensated for dealing with the land owner and my lease fees are split up between my leaseholders.

Deer hunting has always been very important to me and I like to keep things fair and upfront. rofl

There are plenty of decent bucks to go around.

Geezus are you serious confused2

Last edited by Stub; 09/12/20 01:34 PM.

texas Faith, Family and Freedom flag

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7970819 09/12/20 01:20 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
They walk among us.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Hudbone] #7970864 09/12/20 02:16 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

I am jealous - have a blast (literally)

You can't fix stupid
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Hudbone] #7970968 09/12/20 04:11 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

There is a fine gentleman that I’ve had the pleasure of hunting with a few times on this forum that hunts with a very well traveled 20ga sxs also, he is a hand with it. His dogs are pretty impressive also.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Stub] #7970970 09/12/20 04:13 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Stub
As lease boss I like to reserve the deer I’m going to kill when they are just coming out of velvet.

As a lease rule all camera cards are to be turned in to me before lease holders can view . scratch

If my deer is showing up at another hunters stand more frequently then I have the option of hunting their stand and they can pick from my stands as an alternative. bs

If another deer better than the one I chose in velvet appears on camera then I have the right to chose another buck.
. wtf

I also feel I should be compensated for dealing with the land owner and my lease fees are split up between my leaseholders.

Deer hunting has always been very important to me and I like to keep things fair and upfront. rofl

No, I’m guessing he hardly would want to get out of the truck probably for a deer, now a covey of quail he probably walk across two states

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Stub] #7971028 09/12/20 05:20 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

. wtf

I think the batteries are dead in your sarcasm meter. laugh

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Grizz] #7971140 09/12/20 07:23 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Grizz

. wtf

scratch confused2

[Linked Image]

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Grizz] #7971197 09/12/20 08:25 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Grizz

. wtf

Well, it sounds like a setup my last "lease boss" would dearly love, and he'd be serious; especially the part about bringing all the sd cards to him. He could sit on his butt and hold court.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: scalebuster] #7971322 09/12/20 10:41 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
As lease boss I like to reserve the deer I’m going to kill when they are just coming out of velvet. This saves any confusion about which deer is mine. As a lease rule all camera cards are to be turned in to me before lease holders can view. If my deer is showing up at another hunters stand more frequently then I have the option of hunting their stand and they can pick from my stands as an alternative. If another deer better than the one I chose in velvet appears on camera then I have the right to chose another buck. This keeps everyone honest. I also feel I should be compensated for dealing with the land owner and my lease fees are split up between my leaseholders. Deer hunting has always been very important to me and I like to keep things fair and upfront. There are plenty of decent bucks to go around.

I get the sarcasm - anyone who would hunt (much less stay) on a ranch like this deserves what they signed up for. I know there are a lot of lease brokers/bosses who get their way paid by the other hunters. I would not dream of doing this or hunting on a lease that allows this - way too much conflict of interest IMO

You can't fix stupid
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: tlk] #7971421 09/13/20 12:32 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by tlk

I get the sarcasm - anyone who would hunt (much less stay) on a ranch like this deserves what they signed up for. I know there are a lot of lease brokers/bosses who get their way paid by the other hunters. I would not dream of doing this or hunting on a lease that allows this - way too much conflict of interest IMO

tlk I have not personally been on a lease in forever, that may change soon and if it does I hope that it is run the way you operate. up
If so they would have an extra hand in the chores.

I have been a guest on a couple of leases where things were not straight up or equal and I will leave it at that.

Obviously most leases are run differently to a certain degree. I think it is reasonable if a lease manager is responsible for collecting all the monies and keeping everyone in line that his and only his lease cost is paid for by the other members. If he is a lease Boss/Dicktator that does not do things equitably, legally or ethically and the other members accept and know it, then it is what it is unfortunately.

Last edited by Stub; 09/13/20 12:36 AM.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Stub] #7971447 09/13/20 12:59 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by tlk

tlk I have not personally been on a lease in forever, that may change soon and if it does I hope that it is run the way you operate. up
If so they would have an extra hand in the chores.

I have been a guest on a couple of leases where things were not straight up or equal and I will leave it at that.

Obviously most leases are run differently to a certain degree. I think it is reasonable if a lease manager is responsible for collecting all the monies and keeping everyone in line that his and only his lease cost is paid for by the other members. If he is a lease Boss/Dicktator that does not do things equitably, legally or ethically and the other members accept and know it, then it is what it is unfortunately.

Stub - I would be honored to have a guy like you on our lease.

Believe me I have been on several leases that were, IMO, run totally the wrong way. That is the history of my hunting experiences that formed how I decided to run this lease. I am not saying a good lease manager could not do it well while covering their own cost. I just always felt that to be a good lease manager you need to be on the same level as the other hunters. I do what I do because I simply love deer hunting and seeing others enjoy it too.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7971485 09/13/20 01:37 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Landowner calls me the "Lease Captain." I inherited the job. It's a thankless task. I'm responsible for everything...including paying the lease fee, paying the electric bill, filling spots, etc. I actually pay more than the others because I don't want to fill a spot so I absorbed that cost. One example - On the day of my mother's funeral I was dealing with a pizzed off LO because one member (and his grown son) had shot a neighbors house while dove hunting, got a ticket from the Game Warden for no license, and left shotgun hulls all over the ranch. Must have had 20 calls that day and I ended up going to the ranch a few days later to pick up all the hulls myself. Ended up kicking that guy off.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Jimbo1] #7971521 09/13/20 02:08 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I feel your pain! As a big a pain as it can be I still love doing it

You can't fix stupid
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7972001 09/13/20 05:02 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
tlk's lease and the way he manages it is the type lease and lease managers that I like to be part of. tlk obviously going way above and beyond because he just loves it and passing on his wisdom. Isn't that what's suppose to be all about anyway. I think so.

Last edited by Always ready 2 hunt; 09/13/20 05:02 PM.
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Hudbone] #7972478 09/13/20 11:28 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Do any good?

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Always ready 2 hunt] #7972610 09/14/20 12:45 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt
tlk's lease and the way he manages it is the type lease and lease managers that I like to be part of. tlk obviously going way above and beyond because he just loves it and passing on his wisdom. Isn't that what's suppose to be all about anyway. I think so.

thank you Sir - we are not perfect but we do try to do our best - at the end of the day I just care about memories - some for me but more importantly those for my friends - after all is that not what life should be about?

You can't fix stupid
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7972645 09/14/20 12:55 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
does anyone notice how the "Dan's" of the world fade away when they are pressed for logical answers??

You can't fix stupid
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: tlk] #7973103 09/14/20 01:03 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by tlk
does anyone notice how the "Dan's" of the world fade away when they are pressed for logical answers??

Some folks are better than others at recognizing when a discussion has reached the point where all the key points have been covered at length.

Never thought about it but perhaps threads should be limited to a given number of pages. If someone feels a discussion has morphed into something that goes beyond the limit, let them start a new thread.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 09/14/20 01:07 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Texas Dan] #7973355 09/14/20 03:44 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by tlk

Some folks are better than others at recognizing when a discussion has reached the point where all the key points have been covered at length.

Never thought about it but perhaps threads should be limited to a given number of pages. If someone feels a discussion has morphed into something that goes beyond the limit, let them start a new thread.

[Linked Image]

No room for puffed up "I gonna kill whatever the hell I want." Thise types will never kill a 120 inch buck in their lifetimes."

Yet in a later post he brags about passing up 160-180 inch. Goes after 200" +...
& calls other hunters jerks who don't follow his idea's...

Legal tis legal, "All deer are Trophy's"...

flag

i'm postaddic
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide