Originally Posted by Big Fitz
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted by Payne
dance off in spandex, shorter guy gets to pick the song

roflmao

rofl

That is genius! lol35

I. . . . I don’t even have words for how awesome this whole scene would look! roflmao

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7955675 08/30/20 11:46 PM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
Damned spandex wearing slow moving arrogant attitude biker inconveniencing auto traffic. Guess he got what he deserved huh?

[Linked Image]

Re: Bike lane [Re: GUTIT] #7955692 08/30/20 11:57 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by GUTIT
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
Originally Posted by GUTIT
A few years ago I was hauling a 40 foot cattle trailer full of steers to the sale barn and came up on 3 bicyclists. We were coming up a small hill , had a truck on my left side and I was in the outside lane because I was hauling a hell of a load and when I passed them I was in the Cummins pretty deep and she was making some noise out the exhaust, about the time I passed the lead biker he flipped me off. He must not have seen the 40 feet of Neckover trailer hooked to my truck because he lost his balance and crashed into my cattle trailer.
Many of you may know that those trailers have a walking ledge that runs down the sides that we walk on to push the cattle out or in. When that fella crashed into my trailer he grabbed onto it and hung on for dear life. It took me about 120 feet or so to get stopped, the whole time he was screaming. Now them steers had been in some green grass for about two weeks before sale and they could sh!t thru a screen door, we had em packed tight and a few of them sh!t all over they fella while he was hanging on.
By the time I walked back there his other two friends had caught up. They all looked like 3 of Lance Armstrong’s gay brothers dressed in those yoga shorts and shirts that looked like they were two sizes too small. They helped their friend up and about that time a car pulled up with another little gay looking fella that I imagine followed them for water and such. And he started squawking about already calling the sheriff, etc.
One of the guys started cussin me and ran towards me and many of you that know me know that I am full grown and won’t back down from anyone, so I drew back a right hand fixing to lay him out when he stopped real quick and slipped in his little slippers that had metal on the bottom that I later learned was to lock their feet on the pedals. He fell hard and whacked the back of his head on the road and laid there whining.
About that time the sheriff pulled up and here I am, a big old redneck boy with one bike guy scratched to hell covered in cow sh!t, another one on the ground with his head cracked open and the other two on their phones calling who know. Deputy knows me and says “Kent, what the hell? I raised my hands and said “ I didn’t do nothing” . He got both sides of the story and another truck had stopped and also told the deputy what he saw. Lances gay trio wanted me arrested and he explained I had more right on that FM road than they did. Then they got a lesson on what an FM road meant. I had to get to the sale and asked if I could go, he gave me my license and insurance card to me and I walked away. Left him there to deal with the aftermath.
A long read, but to hell with them damn bicycles.

I would have jumped on your big melon like a coon rofl

Adios now. Kent tucky.

I’ll be damned. How was rehab? What does this make now? 3rd time?

Spit my tea out on that one.
roflmao happy3

Re: Bike lane [Re: Walkabout] #7955698 08/31/20 12:03 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Walkabout
Damned spandex wearing slow moving arrogant attitude biker inconveniencing auto traffic. Guess he got what he deserved huh?

[Linked Image]

NObody here wants this to freakin happen. Frankly it irritates me that you posted this. Right of way is NOT a forcefield to prevent this from happening. HOW many people have said they USED to ride but it got too dangerous? Why’s it too dangerous? Maybe the laws in place are outdated and need to be changed, especially with so many people coming to Texas and the bike riders are too stupid for their own good. But We’re the jerks because y’all don’t have loud pipes and are not easily seen. You take your own life in your hands when you enter the roadway and dance with cars or trucks.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7955700 08/31/20 12:06 AM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
X2. NOBODY is advocating violence towards a bicycle rider. I would like to point out however, and the cyclists on this thread are proof positive - they ARE the very first "virtue signalers."

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Bike lane [Re: Bullfrog] #7955721 08/31/20 12:22 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Well, someone is being awfully quiet now.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Bike lane [Re: TCM3] #7955729 08/31/20 12:33 AM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by TCM3

I'm curious. You were the one person in here I saw that said they don't care if bikers get hit by cars. Are you old enough to drive?

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7955731 08/31/20 12:35 AM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
X2. NOBODY is advocating violence towards a bicycle rider. I would like to point out however, and the cyclists on this thread are proof positive - they ARE the very first "virtue signalers."

I am one of the cyclists on this thread, what the hell is a "virtue signaler?" I'm not up on the new words

Re: Bike lane [Re: Dustnsand] #7955755 08/31/20 12:59 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by z71dustin
Originally Posted by TCM3

I'm curious. You were the one person in here I saw that said they don't care if bikers get hit by cars. Are you old enough to drive?

yes and no,

I was trying to imply that some of them may get what's coming to them, especially when they have plenty of shoulder to ride on and they're right on the white line, someone may not be as courteous as other drivers and slow down or move over when possible... The way I see it, drivers PAY for their license plates, PAY for their inspection, and PAY for license renewals,and pay for insurance so they can drive, they have more rights to the paved road than the man on a bicycle taking up half the road and slowing down traffic. All it takes is one driver not paying attention and you riding on or too close to the vehicle lane and they become history. I don't wish it on anybody, but use some Common sense and stay out of the lane meant for Automobiles with a high rate of speed, or higher than a bike.

Last edited by TCM3; 08/31/20 01:01 AM.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7955788 08/31/20 01:34 AM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
We don't have bike lanes up here and see very few bike riders.

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7956021 08/31/20 10:22 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
"The people I ride with are considerate, so maybe you got a bad group around you IDK" Hmmm . . . . , I know and you and your friends are in the minority or at least not enough of a majority. Your buddies may well be virtues of the bike riding world. That just does not seem to be my experience here in these here parts. Bicyclists remind me of those customers with 20 items in the 15 item limit quick check lane. A bunch of entitled spandex wearing goober doodles riding ten speeds as if the roads built to provide vehicular traffic safety were built only for their bikes. Riding three abreast on downtown streets and worse, doing the same on country roads without shoulders.

What's funny to me is kids riding banana seat bikes appear to operate their units safer and much more courteously than the adult goobers in spandex.

Re: Bike lane [Re: Chopped54] #7956173 08/31/20 01:08 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Chopped54
Point is you think its ok to shoot me with a paintball gun I will shoot you in the f cking face with a real gun. Everyones a bad a s till it comes down to it, I beat the [censored] out of the last bad a s in a truck on the side of John King who thought it was funny to almost clip us with his mirror, then pulled over and tried to pull that mouthin sh t.

if I see a bike rider with five watches on his sleeved arm, I will make a wide arc when passing.

Re: Bike lane [Re: reeltexan] #7956198 08/31/20 01:22 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Anybody EVER see one stop at a stop sign?

I saw a group of 10 or so NOT stop and a Carrollton cop pulled them over and I'm sure they all got tickets.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7956229 08/31/20 01:37 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Saw on Austin news last night a cyclist was involved in a deadly hit and run accident. It wasn’t the cyclist that ran from the accident scene.

Re: Bike lane [Re: 68rustbucket] #7956413 08/31/20 03:22 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Saw on Austin news last night a cyclist was involved in a deadly hit and run accident. It wasn’t the cyclist that ran from the accident scene.

So you’re saying someone didn’t see or hear the cyclist and hit them by accident? I’m sure that’s what the driver set out to do. Go huntin’ for cyclists

Freaking out and not rendering aid is low as heck though. That’s a whole other thread.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7956431 08/31/20 03:34 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Driver of vehicle abandoned the vehicle and ran off. Just reporting what I saw on the news.

Re: Bike lane [Re: 68rustbucket] #7956463 08/31/20 03:46 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Driver of vehicle abandoned the vehicle and ran off. Just reporting what I saw on the news.

Truth.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7956487 08/31/20 03:57 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Another ROW force field must have been down.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Bullfrog] #7956510 08/31/20 04:10 PM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R

This is an interesting response, makes me wonder if it would be the same if somebody T-boned the s*** out of your wife or kids when they had the right away in a vehicle and killed them or just severely messed them up. Or would you be full of righteous indignation about how they had the right away and some jackass was texting or something and hit them. So if anybody you know ever gets hit in a car when they have the right of way, I hope you say, "well s***, I guess another right away force field was down......" but i doubt it

Last edited by RJH1; 08/31/20 04:11 PM.
Re: Bike lane [Re: RJH1] #7956535 08/31/20 04:25 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by RJH1

This is an interesting response, makes me wonder if it would be the same if somebody T-boned the s*** out of your wife or kids when they had the right away in a vehicle and killed them or just severely messed them up. Or would you be full of righteous indignation about how they had the right away and some jackass was texting or something and hit them. So if anybody you know ever gets hit in a car when they have the right of way, I hope you say, "well s***, I guess another right away force field was down......" but i doubt it

I think you might have misinterpreted froggy's comment due to a blind spot induced by rage, self-righteousness and a general feeling of superiority, all because you chose a method of transport that 98% of America gave up when they reached the age of 16 and got a drivers license.

I took it to mean that bikers feel that they have this "protection" simply because a piece of paper says so, and with it a feeling of invincibility, believing that everyone else will simply yield to them. They don't take into consideration drunk, impaired, distracted or just plain bad drivers. If they did they would never get on a public road.

But I will let froggy speak for himself.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Bike lane [Re: 68rustbucket] #7956543 08/31/20 04:29 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Driver was probably an illegal

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Bike lane [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7956549 08/31/20 04:31 PM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R

I think you might have misinterpreted froggy's comment due to a blind spot induced by rage, self-righteousness and a general feeling of superiority, all because you chose a method of transport that 98% of America gave up when they reached the age of 16 and got a drivers license.

I took it to mean that bikers feel that they have this "protection" simply because a piece of paper says so, and with it a feeling of invincibility, believing that everyone else will simply yield to them. They don't take into consideration drunk, impaired, distracted or just plain bad drivers. If they did they would never get on a public road.

interesting that you think I'm mad, I felt like I had a reasonable question. Also if you would look at my responses throughout this thread you would understand that I'm not mad, and actually just trying to help educate some people about why sometimes bikes don't ride in the bike lane or don't ride right on the shoulder. Usually it's because there's s*** in the way that will damage their bikes. I can't speak for everybody only myself. However it does seem that your response has a little bit of anger in it which is interesting in itself. Have a good one :-)

Re: Bike lane [Re: RJH1] #7956603 08/31/20 05:04 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

interesting that you think I'm mad, I felt like I had a reasonable question. Also if you would look at my responses throughout this thread you would understand that I'm not mad, and actually just trying to help educate some people about why sometimes bikes don't ride in the bike lane or don't ride right on the shoulder. Usually it's because there's s*** in the way that will damage their bikes. I can't speak for everybody only myself. However it does seem that your response has a little bit of anger in it which is interesting in itself. Have a good one :-)

Nope, I always assume positive intent. You clearly raced to the dark side and got in a tizzy. You know, using profanity, the lowest form of language and a sign of a person who feels (rage, jealousy etc.) instead of thinks. But hey, I could be wrong. You do you. up

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7956604 08/31/20 05:05 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

This!!!!! Exactly!!!

I wish I were a better writer. Big dumb frog. All I am

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7956614 08/31/20 05:10 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Bicyclists on a road meant for vehicles with motors suck. Multiple cyclists on a road meant for vehicles with motors really, really suck. Agree or disagree, it's just the way I perceive it. Maybe I am the Lone Ranger.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide