[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954867 08/30/20 11:30 AM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Great story! up

That's the thing, who in their right mind starts acting obnoxious in that situation, flipping the bird, etc., except someone with a hugely inflated opinion of themselves? I think just like when some people get behind the wheel, when some of these guys climb on that bike, they become someone they're not usually.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954878 08/30/20 11:52 AM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
They are selfish, inconsiderate pr****. We have what is called "Rails and Trails" here in Palo Pinto County. It is 17 miles of train track paved over, all the way from Weatherford to Mineral Wells. So bikers have a place to ride that is smooth, has beautiful scenery and ZERO traffic.

Guess what? They still feel the need to pack up the Subaru and come out here from DFW and ride all over the county every weekend. Lots of twisty, curvy roads here and nothing like coming around a corner going 55 and having a few in the middle of the lane going 5 mph with oncoming traffic. It's dangerous and pure selfishness. I cant stand them.

Rant over

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954903 08/30/20 12:52 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Kent my sides hurt now...

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Thanks for that story. I wish I had seen the look on that fellas face about the time reason got the better of him for bowing up on ya... roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954912 08/30/20 01:06 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Bicyclist have a death wish. If someone fired a gun and missed me by 5ft, I would say they nearly killed me. But these guys are passed by a vehicle (that has much more killing power) within 3ft constantly.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Bike lane [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7954915 08/30/20 01:10 PM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by RJH1
One other tard tried to roll coal on a couple of us, but he didn't quite get it done. It's funny people talk about throwing stuff, or shooting bicyclist with a paintball gun, or want to roll coal on a pedestrian or somebody on a bicycle, but ain't nobody climbed out and tried to whip my [censored] yet.

Originally Posted by Sneaky
We make it seem one sided because it is. There’s a reason the cyclists are so outnumbered in this conversation. If they weren’t an issue, not so many people would think that they are.

My paintball comment was specifically directed at the arsewipes riding three abreast and impeding traffic knowing full well what they were doing and not giving a [censored] about anyone else on the road. I put them in the same category as the jerks that drive slow in the left lane and prick truck drivers who take 3-5 miles to pass another truck going 65 in a 75!

There is a special place in hell for all the selfish bastards!

If you fall into that category then there ya go, if not then you really shouldn’t have an issue with what I said since it wasn’t directed to you!

I yield to faster traffic and pull onto the shoulder to allow others to pass.....which is why I am so intolerant of those selfishness pricks that don’t!

If you’re offended by that, your choice, your problem......

My comment wasn't only directed at you, but also the throwing stuff at bike people. Anybody who throws stuff at a guy on a bike or jogging, ect while in their own get away vehicle I lump in the same category as a keyboard badass. They are tough when they can drive off, but you don't see them get out of the car much.....

But really, I do wish we all be a little more forgiving of each other. I try to be courteous on a bike or in a car, but I have damn sure made mistakes in both, I generally try to wave and say sorry about that, even if the other driver is yelling at me and flipping me off through his window. Many people get in their car and they are in their own little world and if things don't go 100% their way they get all butthurt. There have been studies down on it, and I am not talking just about getting butthurt at bikes, but other cars,etc.

Anyway have a good one

Re: Bike lane [Re: GUTIT] #7954917 08/30/20 01:12 PM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GUTIT
A few years ago I was hauling a 40 foot cattle trailer full of steers to the sale barn and came up on 3 bicyclists. We were coming up a small hill , had a truck on my left side and I was in the outside lane because I was hauling a hell of a load and when I passed them I was in the Cummins pretty deep and she was making some noise out the exhaust, about the time I passed the lead biker he flipped me off. He must not have seen the 40 feet of Neckover trailer hooked to my truck because he lost his balance and crashed into my cattle trailer.
Many of you may know that those trailers have a walking ledge that runs down the sides that we walk on to push the cattle out or in. When that fella crashed into my trailer he grabbed onto it and hung on for dear life. It took me about 120 feet or so to get stopped, the whole time he was screaming. Now them steers had been in some green grass for about two weeks before sale and they could sh!t thru a screen door, we had em packed tight and a few of them sh!t all over they fella while he was hanging on.
By the time I walked back there his other two friends had caught up. They all looked like 3 of Lance Armstrong’s gay brothers dressed in those yoga shorts and shirts that looked like they were two sizes too small. They helped their friend up and about that time a car pulled up with another little gay looking fella that I imagine followed them for water and such. And he started squawking about already calling the sheriff, etc.
One of the guys started cussin me and ran towards me and many of you that know me know that I am full grown and won’t back down from anyone, so I drew back a right hand fixing to lay him out when he stopped real quick and slipped in his little slippers that had metal on the bottom that I later learned was to lock their feet on the pedals. He fell hard and whacked the back of his head on the road and laid there whining.
About that time the sheriff pulled up and here I am, a big old redneck boy with one bike guy scratched to hell covered in cow sh!t, another one on the ground with his head cracked open and the other two on their phones calling who know. Deputy knows me and says “Kent, what the hell? I raised my hands and said “ I didn’t do nothing” . He got both sides of the story and another truck had stopped and also told the deputy what he saw. Lances gay trio wanted me arrested and he explained I had more right on that FM road than they did. Then they got a lesson on what an FM road meant. I had to get to the sale and asked if I could go, he gave me my license and insurance card to me and I walked away. Left him there to deal with the aftermath.
A long read, but to hell with them damn bicycles.

This is funny :-)

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954932 08/30/20 01:36 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I travel a narrow road near here all of the time, Scenic Loop. There is no room for a bicyclist as there is no shoulder, and them knuckleheads always ride that road. If you have a vehicle coming at you in the other lane, you have to brake to keep from killing the bicyclist.
If bicyclist get the same rights on a road, they need to do the same speed and obey the same laws. If I was doing 15-20 mph in a 55mph zone, not signaling, and running stop signs and lights, I would get ticketed.
And get inspection and registrations.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bike lane [Re: Simple Searcher] #7954941 08/30/20 01:44 PM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
I travel a narrow road near here all of the time, Scenic Loop. There is no room for a bicyclist as there is no shoulder, and them knuckleheads always ride that road. If you have a vehicle coming at you in the other lane, you have to brake to keep from killing the bicyclist.
If bicyclist get the same rights on a road, they need to do the same speed and obey the same laws. If I was doing 15-20 mph in a 55mph zone, not signaling, and running stop signs and lights, I would get ticketed.

Well, i posted this back a couple of pages, but according to Texas laws bicyclist have the same rights on the road as you. If you really don't want bikes on a road, write your congressman, maybe they will change the law for you, IDK. Also thanks for hitting your brakes, while i live in a different area and don't know the loop you are talking about, I do appreciate not getting run over :-)

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954942 08/30/20 01:44 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Fort worth has tons of bike trails full of lance Armstrong wanna bes that think they own the trails. One yelled at my son (autistic boy on a three wheel bike) because we didn't hear him (doing at least 30 on a totally silent carbon fiber bike) and get out of his way fast enough. Prick.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Bike lane [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7954944 08/30/20 01:50 PM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Fort worth has tons of bike trails full of lance Armstrong wanna bes that think they own the trails. One yelled at my son (autistic boy on a three wheel bike) because we didn't hear him (doing at least 30 on a totally silent carbon fiber bike) and get out of his way fast enough. Prick.

Don't take this as defending the dude on a bike, just genuinely curious, did he yell before or after he passed? The reason i ask is maybe he yelled because he knew y'all wouldn't hear him coming and was trying to let you know he coming quickly? Not sure if that is what happened, just wondering.

Re: Bike lane [Re: RJH1] #7954951 08/30/20 01:59 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Don't take this as defending the dude on a bike, just genuinely curious, did he yell before or after he passed? The reason i ask is maybe he yelled because he knew y'all wouldn't hear him coming and was trying to let you know he coming quickly? Not sure if that is what happened, just wondering.

Not a word, and he had more than enough room.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954952 08/30/20 02:00 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
That was funny Kent!

I used to ride a LOT and understand frustrations on both sides. Bicycles are legal forms of transportation on the roads and EVERY cyclist I know also drives a car/truck so they are funding the roads just like everyone else. The main issue is choice of roads to ride on. IMO, two lane country roads with no shoulders should not be used by cyclists. I ride the shoulder but you do have to dodge debris to avoid constant flats. Group rides over 10 cyclists, yes we will take up an entire lane when there are multiple lanes. It is safer and actually better for drivers as well (imagine the length of 10+ cyclists riding parallel). That said, those pairs or three guys riding abreast so they can chat are douches and yes, there are many inconsiderate cyclists out there.

Note, I DO NOT look good in cycling shorts... looks like dropped a huge biscuit in a diaper...but the padding sewn in them helps tremendously.

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: Bike lane [Re: RJH1] #7954955 08/30/20 02:10 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

I have only had 2 people in cars be douchy while i have been riding. One yelled at a group of us from off a side street. We were near nowhere near him, I'm not real sure what his issue was, or what he yelled. I guess he could have been yelling have a nice day but it didn't seem like it. One other tard tried to roll coal on a couple of us, but he didn't quite get it done. It's funny people talk about throwing stuff, or shooting bicyclist with a paintball gun, or want to roll coal on a pedestrian or somebody on a bicycle, but ain't nobody climbed out and tried to whip my [censored] yet. Wonder why that is?

As much as I do not like cyclist on the road, I will not put up with some jackwagon intentionally trying to hurt one.
I was on Bandera Road one day when a pickup went around me doing about 100mph. The passenger threw a beer bottle at a cyclist in front of us, and it went right by his head. It was a miss and the cyclist only got sprayed with beer. While on the phone with the Helotes PD I caught up with the truck and followed him into Helotes to the Cowboy Bar. The cops were there a few minutes later.
The guys in the truck had gone into the bar bragging that they had just hit a cyclist with a beer bottle (he actually missed). When confronted by the cops one of them decided he was going to fight them, that didn't go well. The cyclist showed up and he was ready to finish what the cops had started.
Both guys in the truck were arrested. The officer said they might call me for more info, but they had plenty on those guys that I never heard from them again.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954956 08/30/20 02:10 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
There’s a mental image Tim! roflmao

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Bike lane [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7954957 08/30/20 02:11 PM
P
presley Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
One other tard tried to roll coal on a couple of us, but he didn't quite get it done. It's funny people talk about throwing stuff, or shooting bicyclist with a paintball gun, or want to roll coal on a pedestrian or somebody on a bicycle, but ain't nobody climbed out and tried to whip my [censored] yet.

Originally Posted by Sneaky
We make it seem one sided because it is. There’s a reason the cyclists are so outnumbered in this conversation. If they weren’t an issue, not so many people would think that they are.

My paintball comment was specifically directed at the arsewipes riding three abreast and impeding traffic knowing full well what they were doing and not giving a [censored] about anyone else on the road. I put them in the same category as the jerks that drive slow in the left lane and prick truck drivers who take 3-5 miles to pass another truck going 65 in a 75!

There is a special place in hell for all the selfish bastards!

If you fall into that category then there ya go, if not then you really shouldn’t have an issue with what I said since it wasn’t directed to you!

I yield to faster traffic and pull onto the shoulder to allow others to pass.....which is why I am so intolerant of those selfishness pricks that don’t!

If you’re offended by that, your choice, your problem......

X100

Re: Bike lane [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7954977 08/30/20 02:28 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Its a beating to drive around lake benbrook. They get 3 wide and won't move.

Paintball gun.....Jes sayin.....

I carry a 9mm when I ride, jes saying.....

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Bike lane [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7954987 08/30/20 02:36 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

That's pathetic.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Bike lane [Re: TCM3] #7955013 08/30/20 03:04 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by TCM3

That's pathetic.

This is why cyclists ride the streets instead of "bike trails". Bike trails get crowded with joggers, walkers, and people with LONG dog leashes and it becomes unsafe. Yelling at a kid is wrong no matter how you cut it. I make it known when approaching a walker or jogger "coming on your left" when about to pass but so many wear headphones and just can't hear.

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7955017 08/30/20 03:09 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I do wanna see Jes shoot Froggy with a paintball gun though. We can ride in the back of a truck (like jackrabbit hunting at night) and Froggy can run across the pasture as we swoop by and pepper him. Could be a good beer drinking sport. cheers

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7955018 08/30/20 03:10 PM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
I used to ride bikes on the road all the time, and none of us bothered to stop at stop signs. I quit in 2012 as it is just too damn dangerous.

Big Beckett!!
Re: Bike lane [Re: Big Fitz] #7955039 08/30/20 03:25 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Big Fitz
I do wanna see Jes shoot Froggy with a paintball gun though. We can ride in the back of a truck (like jackrabbit hunting at night) and Froggy can run across the pasture as we swoop by and pepper him. Could be a good beer drinking sport. cheers

Bring it Monkey Man! bolt

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7955044 08/30/20 03:30 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I
I am an avid bike rider.
I love riding.

I have a street and an off-road bike.

I much prefer riding in the woods on trails.

When I ride "street," I find places where there is NO traffic.

I love to ride, I am a rider, and I cannot stand seeing other bike riders on city streets, especially major streets.

I live ride at the Plano/Richardson/North Garland borders, and the riders on Renner Road every weekend are annoying.

Addendum: Yep, bikers have as much right to the road as cars, but I wish they didn't.

...------

Re: Bike lane [Re: Big Fitz] #7955045 08/30/20 03:30 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Big Fitz

This could be a way to have fun and kill time at our next get together. First froggy then Josh. roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Bike lane [Re: Indianation65] #7955047 08/30/20 03:34 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Indianation65
I am an avid bike rider.
I love riding.

I have a street and an off-road bike.

I much prefer riding in the woods on trails.

When I ride "street," I find places where there is NO traffic.

I love to ride, I am a rider, and I cannot stand seeing other bike riders on city streets, especially major streets.

I live ride at the Plano/Richardson/North Garland borders, and the riders on Renner Road every weekend are annoying.

Addendum: Yep, bikers have as much right to the road as cars, but I wish they didn't.

...------

I bet you’ve seen a bobcat or 2 on those trails, huh?

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide