Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Back To School? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7923329 08/04/20 01:41 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by Ben Kabisch
1st off, a couple misconceptions need to be addressed. I'm a teacher and dont know a single one personally that is NOT ready to go back to school...2nd, we havent been "off" since march... For the most part we worked a lot harder the last 3 months of school because of it being online and the change involved with trying to provide for our students in a difficult situation. The buildings were shut down, but education didnt stop in March, it went through May like a normal school year and we did the best we could under the circumstances. In many peoples eyes, we teachers are just cheap babysitters, but remember that 96% of us teachers want what's best for your children and our students and that means them being IN school with us! If the higher ups dont allow them back in school then we will be working even harder to educate your children in an online platform, so please dont keep believing that we are sitting at home drawing a paycheck and not doing anything to deserve it. Quit listening to the media say teachers dont wanna go back, that's not the majority by far. Support your teachers, your students and your school, and make sure ya vote come election time!!

HE77 YES !!!!!! I agree 100%%%%

Until you've been or know a teacher closely, be careful to judge.

I concur

Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7923353 08/04/20 01:57 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by ndhunter
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
1st off, a couple misconceptions need to be addressed. I'm a teacher and dont know a single one personally that is NOT ready to go back to school...

I believe that you don't know of a teacher not ready to go back but that is clearly not the case everywhere, primarily in demon rat states.

Teachers protest across U.S. over re-opening schools in pandemic

I think the intent was ready to go back to school safely. If you were a teacher in a public school would you be concerned about returning to classroom teaching?

Yes

I guess the women working at daycares across the us are not to worried. I guess they could just take the jobs of those scared to go to work.

I have not missed a day of work (excluding family vacation) all year. No I don't work from home. I work on jobsites with lots of workers.

Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7923380 08/04/20 02:19 PM
9x19 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
1st off, a couple misconceptions need to be addressed. I'm a teacher and dont know a single one personally that is NOT ready to go back to school...

I believe that you don't know of a teacher not ready to go back but that is clearly not the case everywhere, primarily in demon rat states.

Teachers protest across U.S. over re-opening schools in pandemic

I think the intent was ready to go back to school safely. If you were a teacher in a public school would you be concerned about returning to classroom teaching?

You mean instead of going to WalMart?

If hey haven't left their house since March, then the fear is real and I'll give them a pass, otherwise...

My daughter in law is a teacher and ready to go back.

Last edited by 9x19; 08/04/20 02:22 PM.
Re: Back To School? [Re: 68rustbucket] #7923413 08/04/20 02:46 PM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
1st off, a couple misconceptions need to be addressed. I'm a teacher and dont know a single one personally that is NOT ready to go back to school...2nd, we havent been "off" since march... For the most part we worked a lot harder the last 3 months of school because of it being online and the change involved with trying to provide for our students in a difficult situation. The buildings were shut down, but education didnt stop in March, it went through May like a normal school year and we did the best we could under the circumstances. In many peoples eyes, we teachers are just cheap babysitters, but remember that 96% of us teachers want what's best for your children and our students and that means them being IN school with us! If the higher ups dont allow them back in school then we will be working even harder to educate your children in an online platform, so please dont keep believing that we are sitting at home drawing a paycheck and not doing anything to deserve it. Quit listening to the media say teachers dont wanna go back, that's not the majority by far. Support your teachers, your students and your school, and make sure ya vote come election time!!

HE77 YES !!!!!! I agree 100%%%%

Until you've been or know a teacher closely, be careful to judge.

I concur

I agree 100%! Wife is a teacher and they are ‘feening’ to go back! This remote learning has been brutal.

Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7923538 08/04/20 04:18 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Local news showing a Keller ISD teachers "protest." They don't want to go back to the classroom. One sign read "Online until Decline." SMH

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7923565 08/04/20 04:40 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Teachers do not make the decisions in education.

The higher ups do not make the decisions in education based on what’s good for the children.

Proverbs 2
Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7924232 08/05/20 01:23 AM
N
ndhunter Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N

Maybe there are some unemployed or retired THF members willing to take on a new role in getting the kids back to school

Dallas ISD Looking For Substitutes to Help With In-Person and Virtual Learning

School starts Sept. 8 for both in-person and virtual learning.

Right now, the district is on a mission to find more substitute teachers to help them with what's already expected to be a challenging year. It's good news for job seekers as the economy continues to struggle throughout the pandemic.

The numbers help you think about it. In Dallas ISD, there are approximately 151,000 students, nearly 10,000 teachers and about 2,030 active substitute teachers.
Substitute teachers will help with both in-person and virtual learning, depending on the needs of the schools. Vega said subs have also been helpful in filling in for new roles that have popped up during the pandemic, such as temperature checks and other screening work.

"Our substitutes have always been vital to the success of student learning," said Vega.

Health and safety training will be provided by the district for those who are selected.

The pay rate for Dallas ISD is also significantly higher than the state average of about $90 per day.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/back-to...-in-person-and-virtual-learning/2419405/

Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7924234 08/05/20 01:24 AM
N
ndhunter Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Oxner Ed?
Look it up

Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7924844 08/05/20 04:07 PM
N
ndhunter Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I wonder if this is going to become a regular occurrence when Texas schools return to class?

Georgia second grader tests positive for coronavirus after first day of school, forcing class to quarantine

Cherokee County officials later announced a student at Sixes Elementary School near Canton tested positive for the virus. The child's teacher and 20 other students were sent home to quarantine and learn online for 14 days.
"We continue to encourage all parents to temperature scan and monitor students closely for any sign of potential illness," Principal Ashley Kennerly wrote in a letter to parents, WGCL reported.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-georgia-second-grader-covid-19-positive-test/

Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7924855 08/05/20 04:15 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
[Linked Image]

I post that for a laugh.every teacher I personally know is ready to get back to class. It's the few pinko commies being led around by fake news and the union who are making the news.

Last edited by ducknbass; 08/05/20 04:26 PM.
Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7924858 08/05/20 04:17 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I wonder if this is going to become a regular occurrence when Texas schools return to class?

Georgia second grader tests positive for coronavirus after first day of school, forcing class to quarantine

Cherokee County officials later announced a student at Sixes Elementary School near Canton tested positive for the virus. The child's teacher and 20 other students were sent home to quarantine and learn online for 14 days.
"We continue to encourage all parents to temperature scan and monitor students closely for any sign of potential illness," Principal Ashley Kennerly wrote in a letter to parents, WGCL reported.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-georgia-second-grader-covid-19-positive-test/

I'm sure it will. The insanity doesn't want to end. There is 0 doubt that the flu kills more children than the kungg flu. Why wouldn't we do the same for flu? Because it's not about lives saved.

Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7925022 08/05/20 06:56 PM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I don’t know. I was a teacher and coach for years. My wife is the Director of Drop Out Prevention for arlington isd. From our perspective it’s not about teachers being lazy or not wanting to go back. It’s about it being done safely. I have selfish reasons. I’m immune compromised from chemo for cancer. If one one of mine gets it then it could be bad for me. As bad as some of y’all talk about teachers it’s no wonder teachers quit. For the life of me I don’t see why anyone would be a teacher or a policeman in 2020. So unappreciated and so misunderstood. Some of you have no clue what teachers actually do and go through. Teachers don’t just teach anymore. It would really be better if you actually supported your teachers like they used to back in the day. Now everyone hates teachers and belittle them constantly. The district couldn’t pay me enough to stay. Although it was rewarding at times there’s just so many more ways to make more money. Sad really

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Email: joel@carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
Financing options click: https://app.gethearth.com/flyers/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7925035 08/05/20 07:10 PM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I didn’t see how you propose to do social distancing with 3500 kids on campus. That’s not going to happen. Not enough room. Go ahead and experiment with your own kids but mine will be doing distance learning at home until this thing gets better or there is some sort of resolution.

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Financing options click: https://app.gethearth.com/flyers/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
Re: Back To School? [Re: jcarring99] #7925045 08/05/20 07:25 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by jcarring99
I don’t know. I was a teacher and coach for years. My wife is the Director of Drop Out Prevention for arlington isd. From our perspective it’s not about teachers being lazy or not wanting to go back. It’s about it being done safely. I have selfish reasons. I’m immune compromised from chemo for cancer. If one one of mine gets it then it could be bad for me. As bad as some of y’all talk about teachers it’s no wonder teachers quit. For the life of me I don’t see why anyone would be a teacher or a policeman in 2020. So unappreciated and so misunderstood. Some of you have no clue what teachers actually do and go through. Teachers don’t just teach anymore. It would really be better if you actually supported your teachers like they used to back in the day. Now everyone hates teachers and belittle them constantly. The district couldn’t pay me enough to stay. Although it was rewarding at times there’s just so many more ways to make more money. Sad really

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Back To School? [Re: jcarring99] #7925046 08/05/20 07:27 PM
N
ndhunter Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I didn’t see how you propose to do social distancing with 3500 kids on campus. That’s not going to happen. Not enough room. Go ahead and experiment with your own kids but mine will be doing distance learning at home until this thing gets better or there is some sort of resolution.

I don't think the districts can provide social distancing on campus at least not based on what I have read. Here is pic from link

[Linked Image]

Masks? 6 feet?

Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7925078 08/05/20 07:58 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I don't see a single mask, and that makes me think it is a picture from last year.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Back To School? [Re: jcarring99] #7925087 08/05/20 08:06 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

If anyone has an issue such as yourself you should be concerned and make the choice that is right for you. But people have been working none stop since this deal got started. If not you wouldn't have food water electricity gas internet etc etc etc. I love teachers, related to several. But I question a small % that doesn't want to work and start crying "why do you hate teachers" really doesn't help your case.

Last edited by ducknbass; 08/05/20 08:23 PM.
Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7925095 08/05/20 08:18 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
I can't read about these covid topics because you guys pizz me off too much.

Re: Back To School? [Re: jcarring99] #7925103 08/05/20 08:26 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

I flew to Miami and back this weekend. There are signs all the way through the airport about social distancing when you're standing in the TSA line their stickers on the floor where you supposed to stand to stay 6 ft from the person in front of you. But when you get on the plane the plane was absolutely full both coming and going. I never heard the flight attendants screaming that the work environment is not safe for them. I've never heard anyone in the restaurant industry crying about having to go to work. I've never heard anybody at home Depot crying about having to go to work. I've not heard any construction worker crying about having to go to work because they enjoy work because it pays their bills.

I'm only seeing a small percentage of one profession screaming about safety and they are backed by a union let me see if I can't connect the dots here I'm not the sharpest pencil in the drawer but I think I see what's going on here. You can choose to be blind to it I will not.

Re: Back To School? [Re: ducknbass] #7925115 08/05/20 08:35 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by ducknbass

If anyone has an issue such as yourself you should be concerned and make the choice that is right for you. But people have been working none stop since this deal got started. If not you wouldn't have food water electricity gas internet etc etc etc. I love teachers, related to several. But I question a small % that doesn't want to work and start crying "why do you hate teachers" really doesn't help your case.

I agree.........I've seen high risk workers report to the walmart grocery every day since this started......people in their 70's that smoke........they are still there.......and as far as teaching your kids to stay home and fear a flu virus.......that teaches them fear and weakness IMO.........

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Back To School? [Re: ndhunter] #7925169 08/05/20 09:32 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
If jcarring99 was a teacher and coach for years, makes me wonder where are the paragraphs in his writing?

Re: Back To School? [Re: fishdfly] #7925199 08/05/20 09:59 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by fishdfly
If jcarring99 was a teacher and coach for years, makes me wonder where are the paragraphs in his writing?

Better you than me. cool

Unions. They only truly support the paid management of said union, and, possibly, some evil Neanderthals in a "syndicate" above them, if you catch my meaning. And I'm sure the vast majority of teachers have absolutely no knowledge of this, union members or not.

Full disclosure: I was a teacher for a short time, and they do have to do a lot more than just teach. One of the reasons I got out. 'Best decision of my life.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Back To School? [Re: fishdfly] #7925219 08/05/20 10:24 PM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted by fishdfly

Lol I know it’s hard to believe I have a Masters degree

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Re: Back To School? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7925231 08/05/20 10:37 PM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

I agree.........I've seen high risk workers report to the walmart grocery every day since this started......people in their 70's that smoke........they are still there.......and as far as teaching your kids to stay home and fear a flu virus.......that teaches them fear and weakness IMO.........

I’m not a teacher anymore just to be clear. If I were I would be apprehensive like so many educators are. It’s apples and oranges. 30 kids in a relatively small room and seeing 120 to 150 of them a day is a lot different than being a greeter at Walmart or any other job really. This is not a political decision for me as it appears or it is for many of you. I’m a conservative republican bit on this one I disagree with them. You’re entitled to your opinion, but again feel free to experiment on your own children and not mine.

I will also add that there are no teacher unions in Texas. That’s some nothern crap that you hear on tv. Teachers and administrators by nature put kids safety first. That’s just who they are. They generally don’t consider politics in their decision making. They wrestle over doing what they believe is the best thing for your kids. Nothing more and nothing less. There is a lot to consider when making those decisions. Politics should absolutely have no bearing on when kids go back or not. But, as usual politics always has to be a huge part of it.

P.S. Until they have a cure and or vaccine or both school will not start. Arguing about that fact is not going to change it.

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Re: Back To School? [Re: jcarring99] #7925234 08/05/20 10:42 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

I’m not a teacher anymore just to be clear. If I were I would be apprehensive like so many educators are. It’s apples and oranges. 30 kids in a relatively small room and seeing 120 to 150 of them a day is a lot different than being a greeter at Walmart or any other job really. This is not a political decision for me as it appears or it is for many of you. I’m a conservative republican bit on this one I disagree with them. You’re entitled to your opinion, but again feel free to experiment on your own children and not mine.

I will also add that there are no teacher unions in Texas. That’s some nothern crap that you hear on tv. Teachers and administrators by nature put kids safety first. That’s just who they are. They generally don’t consider politics in their decision making. They wrestle over doing what they believe is the best thing for your kids. Nothing more and nothing less. There is a lot to consider when making those decisions. Politics should absolutely have no bearing on when kids go back or not. But, as usual politics always has to be a huge part of it.

P.S. Until they have a cure and or vaccine or both school will not start. Arguing about that fact is not going to change it.

Very well stated Coach. I just don't want my grandkids to suffer from not being around other kids. There's a lot more learning than just what the teachers teach at an in-person school.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide