Forums46
Topics538,030
Posts9,732,132
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: Superduty] #7917133 07/29/20 02:06 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Superduty
Originally Posted by RedRanger
I like to drink

[Linked Image]

OMG, low nipple boy! I thought you would never post that picture again!

rofl

Is that some Red Horse? I sure miss Tambuli

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: hook_n_line] #7917385 07/29/20 05:58 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
I like to drink

[Linked Image]

rofl

Yep, the famous RedHorse

Taste pretty good if ice cold.

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: RedRanger] #7917401 07/29/20 06:14 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
I like to drink

[Linked Image]

rofl

Yep, the famous RedHorse

Taste pretty good if ice cold.

I drank a bunch of it when I was in the Philippines. San Miguel was good too. I'll go back again one day.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: RedRanger] #7917407 07/29/20 06:19 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I used to drink socially quite a bit in my younger days. Thats been a long time ago. The only drinks I have now is when we go out to eat and we always have two glasses of wine or two margaritas and thats once or twice a week. At the lease I will sometimes have a drink just cause everybody else does. I used to keep a little bourbon at the lease and have a drink for some unknown reason once in a blue moon. I dont guess ive ever had a drink alone and i feel i could quit drinking completely at any time. If I ever have a third glass of wine I definitely am a bit tipsy and I feel it the next day.
Hwyman I think its great you are speaking up and trying to help those that may need it but not realize it. I have known many alcoholics and it must be a very addicting thing. Best of luck to anyone trying to beat it.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: freerange] #7917513 07/29/20 08:06 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by freerange
I used to drink socially quite a bit in my younger days. Thats been a long time ago. The only drinks I have now is when we go out to eat and we always have two glasses of wine or two margaritas and thats once or twice a week. At the lease I will sometimes have a drink just cause everybody else does. I used to keep a little bourbon at the lease and have a drink for some unknown reason once in a blue moon. I dont guess ive ever had a drink alone and i feel i could quit drinking completely at any time. If I ever have a third glass of wine I definitely am a bit tipsy and I feel it the next day.
Hwyman I think its great you are speaking up and trying to help those that may need it but not realize it. I have known many alcoholics and it must be a very addicting thing. Best of luck to anyone trying to beat it.

Mainly I just want folks to know that help is out there if they want it.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: txtrophy85] #7917555 07/29/20 08:55 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
[Linked Image]
I like to party. Beer makes it more fun.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: txtrophy85] #7917567 07/29/20 09:04 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
I quit drinking yesterday, just because. I think I am going to start again today, because its almost 5 o'clock.

DFW Roofing Contractor - Priority Roofing
HuntFishThrive.com

We are all in this together!
Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: mickeyhft] #7917584 07/29/20 09:20 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by mickeyhft
I quit drinking yesterday, just because. I think I am going to start again today, because its almost 5 o'clock.

I still look forward to it even though I cut back.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: txtrophy85] #7917599 07/29/20 09:44 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I cut back significantly after college and even more after kids. In high school/college the last can in a case was always scared. These days I feel like I’d burst if I had to drink a case. About six months ago went out after a LOOONNNGGGG week at work and decided I had a ride I was going to drink dinner... wife still givin me chit about it lol. I ain’t a quitter though I like my beer I just don’t do liquid dinner no more.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: txtrophy85] #7917672 07/29/20 10:49 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I've been drinking way too much lately, and I know it. About time for a breather....

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: skinnerback] #7917990 07/30/20 02:37 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by skinnerback
I've been drinking way too much lately, and I know it. About time for a breather....

It doesn't hurt to check yourself from time to time and take a little vacation, if a person can go 3 to 4 days they don't have anything to worry about. If you're concerned you might be getting a little out of control you probably are. The hard part about sobriety is accepting the truth and dealing with the truth. I look back at myself now and it's obvious I was making a beeline to addiction but nothing anybody could have said would have convinced me of it at the time. Hell I made fun of drunks and addicts, now I make fun of myself for being so blind to the truth.

Last edited by HWY_MAN; 07/30/20 02:39 AM.

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: HWY_MAN] #7918030 07/30/20 03:23 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Originally Posted by skinnerback

It doesn't hurt to check yourself from time to time and take a little vacation, if a person can go 3 to 4 days they don't have anything to worry about. If you're concerned you might be getting a little out of control you probably are. The hard part about sobriety is accepting the truth and dealing with the truth. I look back at myself now and it's obvious I was making a beeline to addiction but nothing anybody could have said would have convinced me of it at the time. Hell I made fun of drunks and addicts, now I make fun of myself for being so blind to the truth.

You're a good man, Sir. Much respect for you, and I haven't even met you - yet. Has been my thoughts for years now.

I hope you're doing well.

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: txtrophy85] #7918135 07/30/20 11:27 AM
Pootie Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Quit about 18 years ago. Son's first wife called. She had locked him out of the house and called the police on him.(she was a lovely young lady from a bs crazy family and was also infected). Long story short, I drove three hours and talked to him and her about it. I drank pretty good while he was growing up. That day I made a deal with him that I would quit if he did. Used to love me some margaritas and Crown was pretty good too. Haven't touched either since. Son still has a few, but only a few.

If you find yourself feeling useless, remember it took 20 years, trillions of dollars, and four presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban.

Sometimes the Universe puts you in the same situation again to see if you’re still a dumbass.
Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: Pootie] #7918195 07/30/20 12:30 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Pootie
Quit about 18 years ago. Son's first wife called. She had locked him out of the house and called the police on him.(she was a lovely young lady from a bs crazy family and was also infected). Long story short, I drove three hours and talked to him and her about it. I drank pretty good while he was growing up. That day I made a deal with him that I would quit if he did. Used to love me some margaritas and Crown was pretty good too. Haven't touched either since. Son still has a few, but only a few.

I'm guessing most of the LEO folks on here would agree, the majority of domestic disputes they get called out on involve alcohol.

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: HWY_MAN] #7918201 07/30/20 12:41 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

I'm guessing most of the LEO folks on here would agree, the majority of domestic disputes they get called out on involve alcohol.

I thought most domestic disputes involved a wife that didn’t know when to shut up.

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: scalebuster] #7918207 07/30/20 12:44 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by scalebuster

I thought most domestic disputes involved a wife that didn’t know when to shut up.

roflmao

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: LeonCarr] #7918220 07/30/20 12:56 PM
K
Ktexas14 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
K
Originally Posted by LeonCarr
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Used to be quite a hard partier. From 21-30 years old, I would spend several nights a week out, it was nothing to have 7-8 drinks or more on a good night.

After kids and family time replacing nights out with kids, my tolerance for alcohol has pretty much gone away. Last night we had some friends over and I had about 4 beers from 6pm - 9 pm and I got way more tipsy than 4 beers would usually do and woke up feeling like crap.

Thinking it’s time to part ways with alcohol as it just isn’t a beneficial relationship anymore

Anyone else stop drinking just because?

This.

I quit over a year ago just because and see no downside to continuing.

I currently don't use tobacco, alcohol, or caffeine and the world is a much clearer place than it was in my early 20s.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

I drink a couple beers a week and have the occasional pool/river/lake day where i drink plenty more. I could give all of that up, not sure I could do the same with caffeine.

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: txtrophy85] #7918283 07/30/20 01:53 PM
G
gtrich94 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
June 29th, 1995. I'm a full fledged member of the once I started, I drank everything in the house club. Before I quit, I probably spent 5 years trying to do the I'll just have one dance. It didn't work and the only thing that worked for me was to not to drink at all. I still have the occasional craving, but I know that even after 20+ years, nothing will have changed and that 1st drink would lead to 10 more. The difference now is that I'm pretty sure I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning if I drank even 1/2 of what I used to drink.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: txtrophy85] #7918519 07/30/20 05:23 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
The 'rona got me into a healthy liquid habit. 10 pounds later, I've decided there will be no more drinks on weekdays (well, Mon-Thurs) until dove season comes around again. 4 days in and 4 lbs dropped.

Stopping something, ANYTHING, is never a "just because". We may try to say we did it just because, but there is always a consideration in our heads that makes it happen. Lack of time, lack of energy, renewed focus, fear, concern, love, etc.

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: soooo] #7918814 07/30/20 10:19 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by soooo

roflmao

rofl

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: txtrophy85] #7919208 07/31/20 08:37 AM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I plan on drinking some liquor tonight since the cool front has arrived.

Either will be Tanqueray 10 with DietTonic Water, or Monkey Shoulder over ice

I am on Keto so I can't drink beer anymore, only hard liquor

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: Superduty] #7919599 07/31/20 05:57 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I
Originally Posted by StephenB
I have been drinking since high school and really never stopped, unless had the flu. About 4 years ago I did stop for about 4 months to test myself, it was easy to stop.. I am 52 now and have been on the wagon for about two weeks, just another test.

I do not allow anything to control me.

If you ever fail that test, you are already at the point of heap big trouble.

I am safe here, again even during my "evenings" it does not control my job marriage or personality. All in moderation of course. Now my liver or kidneys might disagree.

I guess you can say I am a Professional.
I believe it is how you are wired, some people are weak, I for one am not.

roflmao

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: scalebuster] #7920054 08/01/20 02:47 AM
S
StephenB Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

They know when. They just lack the ability.

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: txtrophy85] #7920610 08/01/20 09:53 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
My drinking buddy was busy last night, we drink tonight starting around 6:30 pm

Re: Anyone quit drinking just because? [Re: txtrophy85] #7921408 08/02/20 09:35 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide