Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Buying home with termites?? [Re: magspa] #7900442 07/14/20 05:58 PM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
My experience with inspectors when I was a loan officer to now in the roofing business is that all they are good for is creating an unnecessary high amount of anxiety for both the buyer and the seller. Obviously they serve a purpose but they’ve been sued so much that they CYA themselves to the nth degree. I didn’t necessarily blame them but they can screw up a transaction in a nano second for no good reason. I have a bit of disdain for them just because they will make a big deal out of nothing

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Email: joel@carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
Financing options click: https://app.gethearth.com/flyers/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Re: Buying home with termites?? [Re: magspa] #7901006 07/15/20 02:11 AM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Originally Posted by magspa
Just finished the inspection of a home we are under contract with. Inspector noticed termites, not sure if they're active though. He is not certified in termite inspection but he showed me multiple areas of proof. My realtor setup a termite inspection for Wednesday. I have a bad feeling about it cause my agent seems to be rushing things to make the sale of course which I understand. But this is a huge deal for my family. She is also the listing agent of my current he so when we move out she sells this which we already have a buyer for. I kept bringing up the possibility of major damage we can't see to studs, joists, etc..and she would hurry up and say no way that doesn't happen, every home has termites. So I brought up also bringing a structure inspector in and she said its too invasive and causes home damage. So what the heck can I do? Who would buy a home with the possibility of major unknown damage. I have always been OCD with home maintenance and pest control so fortunately haven't had to deal with this..any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Run away from that realtor I live with a great one if needed but if yours is pushing ya and ignoring your concerns run far away

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: Buying home with termites?? [Re: jcarring99] #7901127 07/15/20 08:12 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by jcarring99
My experience with inspectors when I was a loan officer to now in the roofing business is that all they are good for is creating an unnecessary high amount of anxiety for both the buyer and the seller. Obviously they serve a purpose but they’ve been sued so much that they CYA themselves to the nth degree. I didn’t necessarily blame them but they can screw up a transaction in a nano second for no good reason. I have a bit of disdain for them just because they will make a big deal out of nothing

I had a home inspector tell the seller they needed to put pipe insulation on the P-trap of the air conditioner condensaiton line unit in the attic, he said the pvc would sweat. I just rolled my eye on that one

Re: Buying home with termites?? [Re: magspa] #7901268 07/15/20 01:11 PM
B
bassfishinglawyer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Free protein if things go really south?? welcome

Re: Buying home with termites?? [Re: RedRanger] #7901282 07/15/20 01:25 PM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RedRanger

I had a home inspector tell the seller they needed to put pipe insulation on the P-trap of the air conditioner condensaiton line unit in the attic, he said the pvc would sweat. I just rolled my eye on that one

I suspect that it may be related to regional temperature/humidity conditions. As a previous owner of an HVAC contracting company, I have seen many, many PVC drain lines sweat in attics - and not just the trap - more like the first 3-4 feet. My previous home had a 3/4" schedule 40 PVC condensate line in the attic that definitely needed to be insulated - it would sweat like a son of a gun to the point of causing mildew. It was a new custom home with a properly ventilated attic.

It's simply a matter of the surface of the pipe reaching dew point.

Marc

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Buying home with termites?? [Re: magspa] #7901314 07/15/20 01:43 PM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
You need to be completely satisfied that the issue is not serious and or resolved. It's YOUR MONEY don't spend it cause of a process. As stated many homes have termites 2 types carpenter ants and ground. Infestation does not mean structural damage. You need to have whatever assessment you want. First Termite inspector and if he feels necessary a structural assessment. I'm a former realtor and she has a complete duty to make sure you aren't hurt. Good luck.

Last edited by Flashprism; 07/15/20 01:46 PM.
Re: Buying home with termites?? [Re: Marc K] #7901317 07/15/20 01:45 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Marc K
Originally Posted by RedRanger

I suspect that it may be related to regional temperature/humidity conditions. As a previous owner of an HVAC contracting company, I have seen many, many PVC drain lines sweat in attics - and not just the trap - more like the first 3-4 feet. My previous home had a 3/4" schedule 40 PVC condensate line in the attic that definitely needed to be insulated - it would sweat like a son of a gun to the point of causing mildew. It was a new custom home with a properly ventilated attic.

It's simply a matter of the surface of the pipe reaching dew point.

Marc

I have never seen one sweat in attic in North texas and seen them 20 plus years. I suspect he was thinking copper, and maybe the condensation could be cold enough to sweat or maybe he thought it might freeze and break the trap. Who knows, never seen ptrap on a a/c condensation line in an attic insulated before nor after.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide