Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: dogcatcher] #7891140 07/05/20 08:50 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Our neighbors that have obnoxious barking dogs took their dogs out of town and then proceeded to shoot fireworks most of the night. They said their dogs were scared of fireworks. I will shoot off our fireworks after their dogs return, I figure a pack of black cats will last about 2 weeks. Payback is so much fun. clap

roflmao

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891154 07/05/20 08:59 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: 68rustbucket] #7891155 07/05/20 08:59 PM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
I get it Fireman JG, but the response of “It’s not part of our job description” rubs me the wrong way.

A few high dollar citations passed out on nights when the fireworks are being set off in the city limit would go along way to curbing the issue. And the city would get some much needed revenue.
But I’m sure that’ll never happen here. City just passed ordinance that any class B and C misdemeanors are getting ticket only. Even weed possession. The beginnings of total lawlessness.

It's not the job of firefighters to be enforcing law. That's for law enforcement.

Our fire investigators could possibly respond but what are they going to do?

PD will respond but i highly doubt they are able to ever actually do much if it's just a few popping off here and there.

Now if someone is in the street lighting off an entire show, that's different.

FD will most likely not respond unless there is an actual fire or injury.

We have a lot of other things going on besides trying to chase down kids lighting off black cats.

Last edited by BradyBuck; 07/05/20 09:00 PM.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891157 07/05/20 09:01 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
These were not kids, most of them were adults.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891160 07/05/20 09:04 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I did not have any fireworks and felt left out so I went out and unloaded all my magazines into the air!

Last edited by ducknbass; 07/05/20 09:04 PM.
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891162 07/05/20 09:04 PM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
....I'll also add a funny side note.

I do remember when I first got on the FD that PD would confiscate fireworks throughout the city and guess where they brought them?

Yep, to the fire station where we would all split them up and go light them off at home off duty.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891167 07/05/20 09:07 PM
S
spacejunkie Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Live in the country on a hill with a view. What a time I had last night watching all the fireworks in the sky. Pulled up a chair had a couple of bourbon's it lasted so long. May go out again tonight as there are always some left over for some reason.

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: dogcatcher] #7891169 07/05/20 09:13 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Our neighbors that have obnoxious barking dogs took their dogs out of town and then proceeded to shoot fireworks most of the night. They said their dogs were scared of fireworks. I will shoot off our fireworks after their dogs return, I figure a pack of black cats will last about 2 weeks. Payback is so much fun. clap

Greatness!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: BradyBuck] #7891197 07/05/20 09:41 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BradyBuck
I get it Fireman JG, but the response of “It’s not part of our job description” rubs me the wrong way.

A few high dollar citations passed out on nights when the fireworks are being set off in the city limit would go along way to curbing the issue. And the city would get some much needed revenue.
But I’m sure that’ll never happen here. City just passed ordinance that any class B and C misdemeanors are getting ticket only. Even weed possession. The beginnings of total lawlessness.

It's not the job of firefighters to be enforcing law. That's for law enforcement.

PD will respond but i highly doubt they are able to ever actually do much if it's just a few popping off here and there.

We have a lot of other things going on besides trying to chase down kids lighting off black cats.

^^Yup

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: J.G.] #7891217 07/05/20 09:55 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

^^Yup

Our FD handles fireworks calls because we're too busy working the shootings.

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: 68rustbucket] #7891222 07/05/20 10:02 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

"A few high dollar citations" that wouldn't get paid & end up w/someone in jail in the future. What it'd boil down to is people going to jail for fireworks.

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891267 07/05/20 10:33 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Fire chief lives on my street. Figure he could take care of any fires I start. Luckily havent started any yet. It was a war zone last night in the city though. Ain't no one stopping anything.

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: LFD2037] #7891271 07/05/20 10:34 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by LFD2037

"A few high dollar citations" that wouldn't get paid & end up w/someone in jail in the future. What it'd boil down to is people going to jail for fireworks.

It’s all boils down to breaking the law. That’s why there’s laws. Sounds like you lean to the left. You also condone speeding and running stop signs in residential areas? What about running red lights? Robbery, assault, murder...

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: BradyBuck] #7891289 07/05/20 10:52 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
We are also in the city limits. I put my dogs In the kennels at the first pop, which was 7:30 last night. I’ve been tempted to call the PD or FD, and ask when did fireworks become legal in the city limits. I’m worried about somebody setting the neighborhood ablaze, since we are in a cedar break.

FD won't respond to fireworks going off. It's not part of our job description.

PD will probably take their sweet time and not fo a whole lot of investigation...

Fire marshal and pd do here. But it’s hard for about 7 guys to quickly respond to and “investigate” 50 backed up fireworks calls. Especially when there’s still domestics, reckless drivers, thefts, etc still coming in.

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891296 07/05/20 10:55 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Was at the ranch this weekend so missed fireworks. Sure there were plenty going off in my area even with burn ban and very dry conditions.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: cbump] #7891417 07/06/20 01:01 AM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by cbump
We are also in the city limits. I put my dogs In the kennels at the first pop, which was 7:30 last night. I’ve been tempted to call the PD or FD, and ask when did fireworks become legal in the city limits. I’m worried about somebody setting the neighborhood ablaze, since we are in a cedar break.

PD will probably take their sweet time and not fo a whole lot of investigation...

Fire marshal and pd do here. But it’s hard for about 7 guys to quickly respond to and “investigate” 50 backed up fireworks calls. Especially when there’s still domestics, reckless drivers, thefts, etc still coming in.

^^And that's what I'm talking about. Sometimes PD has to say "aint nobody got time for that".

68Rustbucket,
My recommendation to you, if you want enough officers to respond to every single call in less than 4 minutes is to start at city hall telling them they need more officers on the shift. Also, have a plan to increase taxes to pay for them.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: 68rustbucket] #7891419 07/06/20 01:03 AM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It’s all boils down to breaking the law. That’s why there’s laws. Sounds like you lean to the left. You also condone speeding and running stop signs in residential areas? What about running red lights? Robbery, assault, murder...

Yup, all those things are perfectly parallel with shooting off fireworks on Independence Day, inside city limits. rolleyes

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891458 07/06/20 01:50 AM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
flag

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: J.G.] #7891475 07/06/20 02:07 AM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

^^And that's what I'm talking about. Sometimes PD has to say "aint nobody got time for that".

68Rustbucket,
My recommendation to you, if you want enough officers to respond to every single call in less than 4 minutes is to start at city hall telling them they need more officers on the shift. Also, have a plan to increase taxes to pay for them.

We are already paying extra city tax, our area was annexed against our wishes several years ago. We receive no extra services that we weren’t already getting from the county. Rural water system, volunteer fireman, trash pickup, county LEO that would show a presence, and a dog catcher that would show up and do his job. So I don’t need the pay more tax speech. We seldom see a city LEO. And yes, they are understaffed.

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: 68rustbucket] #7891504 07/06/20 02:44 AM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by LFD2037

Sounds like you lean to the left.

I'm as far right as you can get. Government overreach is something people on the right believe in. I guess you feel everybody should've stayed home, inside, w/masks on, hand sanitizer @ the ready & let our Nations Independence Day slip by silently?
How many houses burned down in your area from fireworks last night? I'm not saying it doesn't happen but it must happen very rarely as I've never been to a structure fire due to fireworks but what would I know.
It's more likely someone will blow their hand up & that's 100% on them. It happened to me when I was about 10. 100% my fault. Luckily it wasn't bad enough to blow fingers off but split the heck out of one of my fingers & got a decent burn. Oh well, that's the chance I took. Had a hell of a good time doing it. I was in city limits w/a very strong/ticketing police force yet, there I was.
I'm in the county & we had the most impressive fireworks display in my area that I've ever seen. It rivaled city shows I've seen.
No houses burned to the ground but I guess that's because we weren't in city limits. trout

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891509 07/06/20 02:49 AM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

68Rustbucket,

We are already paying extra city tax, our area was annexed against our wishes several years ago. We receive no extra services that we weren’t already getting from the county. Rural water system, volunteer fireman, trash pickup, county LEO that would show a presence, and a dog catcher that would show up and do his job. So I don’t need the pay more tax speech. We seldom see a city LEO. And yes, they are understaffed.

So, you have corruption. That's a whole other can of worms to open.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891523 07/06/20 03:05 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Things definitely getting strange when like minded individuals start nitpicking at each other....seems to me “they” are starting to win.

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: Hudbone] #7891528 07/06/20 03:16 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Let's see.

Complains about being annexed by the city.
Doesn't like fireworks.

Karen?

Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: ducknbass] #7891530 07/06/20 03:18 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Let's see.

Complains about being annexed by the city.
Doesn't like fireworks.

Karen?

rofl

[Linked Image]
Re: Civil Disobedience [Re: J.G.] #7891535 07/06/20 03:26 AM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Yup, all those things are perfectly parallel with shooting off fireworks on Independence Day, inside city limits. rolleyes

Sounds like a citizen's arrest was in order roflmao

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide