Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Espy] #7882710 06/27/20 03:50 AM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Here is the search warrant. Everyone can read for themselves. Make illicit fully automatic rifles and explosives and the ATF will show up. David Koresh was a psychopath just like Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols.

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/waco-raid-went-wrong

Originally Posted by Espy
He was scum sleeping with young girls. Had many opportunities to get everyone out but never did. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison.

The only two voices of reason in this thread. Can't believe folks are backing up Koresh...

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Espy] #7882720 06/27/20 04:01 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Espy
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Didn't he set that place on fire himself?

Its unclear how it started. My guess he would not have done that. But there have been many times buildings have caught fire when tier gas was shot in.

He was scum sleeping with young girls. Had many opportunities to get everyone out but never did. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison.

So, kill him and the young girls he was sleeping with(plus others)? Smart. Very logical and judicial.

Ruby Ridge was worse, and gets a lot less attention. Both were complete cluster [censored] by the Feds. Waco was definitely a situation that needed remedying but it was totally bungled. Koresh was a dirtbag and probably broke the law, but the way it was handled was a disaster and completely wrong.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 06/27/20 04:04 AM.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: S.A. hunter] #7882836 06/27/20 11:57 AM
P
Paluxy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Cast
Originally Posted by krmitchell
Didn't he set that place on fire himself?

According to the FBI he did. The same FBI that made the front door they shot through disappear along with the video that magically vanished of who fired the first shots.

It’s well established that tear gas canisters cause fires. The feds deployed several tear gas canisters prior to the fire.

Have you ever heard the audio of him calling for people to set the fires?

SA, the conspiracy people never believe facts so just go ahead and stop that.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Guy] #7882854 06/27/20 12:29 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Best line of the whole series, "Why is it every time God speaks to a modern day prophet he tells him that he can sleep with all the young girls he wants to?". LE on the ground were following orders. I have always felt it would have been better to keep up the surveillance and arrest Koresh when he was outside the compound. No way that our Government intentionally set the fires, there was a lot of hard evidence that the fires were set inside by the same idiots that gave their wives, daughters and everything else they owned to Koresh.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Guy] #7883084 06/27/20 05:52 PM
B
Big_Country01 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
I am not at all saying that i support David Koresh, he was a nutcase no doubt, but it was a political show from the start. The government wanted something to make them look like heroes. The government wanted footage of them walking out the front door with all of the women and kids that they "saved". If they really wanted to arrest David, they could have done it quickly and easily. They knew his routine.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7883088 06/27/20 05:54 PM
B
Big_Country01 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Best line of the whole series, "Why is it every time God speaks to a modern day prophet he tells him that he can sleep with all the young girls he wants to?". LE on the ground were following orders. I have always felt it would have been better to keep up the surveillance and arrest Koresh when he was outside the compound. No way that our Government intentionally set the fires, there was a lot of hard evidence that the fires were set inside by the same idiots that gave their wives, daughters and everything else they owned to Koresh.

Well of course the government isnt going to admit they started the fires! Me personally, i could see it being an accidental ignition from the gas, or i could see it being intentionally started by the Davidians. Either way, i wasnt there to personally confirm it so i cant say for sure either way.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Big_Country01] #7883166 06/27/20 08:08 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Big_Country01
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

Well of course the government isnt going to admit they started the fires! Me personally, i could see it being an accidental ignition from the gas, or i could see it being intentionally started by the Davidians. Either way, i wasnt there to personally confirm it so i cant say for sure either way.

If personal first hand knowledge was required to come to a conclusion no one would ever be convicted of anything. We read, learn, use the brain God gave us and come to a conclusion. I wasn't on the moon when men landed there, but I believe it happened, and wasn't a government hoax filmed in a movie studio as some do.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Guy] #7883187 06/27/20 08:46 PM
B
Big_Country01 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/aug99/davidians26.htm

"The FBI yesterday reversed a six-year-old position that it never used munitions capable of sparking the blaze that ended a standoff with the Branch Davidian sect near Waco, Tex., and left 76 people dead.

The acknowledgment that FBI agents fired "a very limited number" of potentially incendiary tear gas cartridges on the final day of the 51-day siege contradicts congressional testimony from high-ranking Justice Department officials"

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Big_Country01] #7883196 06/27/20 09:06 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Big_Country01
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/aug99/davidians26.htm

"The FBI yesterday reversed a six-year-old position that it never used munitions capable of sparking the blaze that ended a standoff with the Branch Davidian sect near Waco, Tex., and left 76 people dead.

The acknowledgment that FBI agents fired "a very limited number" of potentially incendiary tear gas cartridges on the final day of the 51-day siege contradicts congressional testimony from high-ranking Justice Department officials"

Davidians can be heard discussing “the lighting of fires” in bugging devices that the FBI had smuggled inside. An overhead aerial infrared camera shows the fire starting simultaneously in three different locations and a Congressional investigation concluded that Koresh and his followers set the fire themselves.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Guy] #7883217 06/27/20 09:32 PM
E
Espy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Kookie Koresh thought he was the messiah. The ATF gave him 51 day to exit the compound. He lied several times saying he was coming out but never did. A few escaped the fire but most did not. Did he commit suicide Or did one of his followers put a bullet in his head.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Guy] #7883948 06/28/20 07:42 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Feds had opportunity to apprehend Koresh when he was alone but chose to make a show which, plain & simple, allowed others to become involved. Take Koresh out of all your thoughts and consider who the Feds turned into victims.

Yes Ruby Ridge was worse. No defense there, none.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Hudbone] #7883979 06/28/20 08:07 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Coincidentally, I visited the site in Waco yesterday BEFORE I read this thread. My better half had seen the Netflix thing and we were traveling close by so we just swung over and toured it. I will admit to spending most of my life as a workaholic and spent all my time so full speed that I paid little attention to this event when it happened. I have never followed the news that much so I do not know enough about the facts to form an opinion but I will comment on what I experienced at the site yesterday. To summarize my feeling would be that whats there is pretty much pro Koresh and anti Government. They have kind of a visitors center that has what I would call propaganda. There was a lady that I assumed worked there talking to a couple of tourists about how the netflix show painted Koresh and his group in a bad light. My better half that had watched it thought just the opposite. Lots of anti Government stuff on the walls including a big sign that said "Never trust the Government." There was an area with a bunch of photographs that was called "FBI Trophy pics". They were varied but some showed different random groups of LEO posing for pics together. Im not sure how or why the pics would be considered "Trophy" pics. They certainly were not posing with dead bodies. There were some that were smiling but I guess there are lots of folks that cant take a picture without smiling. Once again, I dont know enough to take a real stance but just know that if you go look at the site be prepared to read the words "murdered" and "innocent God loving" and "hate the Government" type comments. I would be curious to hear about others take away from the site and just know these were just my perceptions.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Guy] #7884163 06/28/20 11:15 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Guy
You guys watch that? Thought it was pretty good, we watched it in 2 nights. I remember it all back in 1993, man what a cluster F. Interested in your thoughts.

Will you throw a fit like Buzz did if I tout a good movie called Thelma & Louise on OVTV?
confused2

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: freerange] #7884171 06/28/20 11:19 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by freerange
Coincidentally, I visited the site in Waco yesterday BEFORE I read this thread. My better half had seen the Netflix thing and we were traveling close by so we just swung over and toured it. I will admit to spending most of my life as a workaholic and spent all my time so full speed that I paid little attention to this event when it happened. I have never followed the news that much so I do not know enough about the facts to form an opinion but I will comment on what I experienced at the site yesterday. To summarize my feeling would be that whats there is pretty much pro Koresh and anti Government. They have kind of a visitors center that has what I would call propaganda. There was a lady that I assumed worked there talking to a couple of tourists about how the netflix show painted Koresh and his group in a bad light. My better half that had watched it thought just the opposite. Lots of anti Government stuff on the walls including a big sign that said "Never trust the Government." There was an area with a bunch of photographs that was called "FBI Trophy pics". They were varied but some showed different random groups of LEO posing for pics together. Im not sure how or why the pics would be considered "Trophy" pics. They certainly were not posing with dead bodies. There were some that were smiling but I guess there are lots of folks that cant take a picture without smiling. Once again, I dont know enough to take a real stance but just know that if you go look at the site be prepared to read the words "murdered" and "innocent God loving" and "hate the Government" type comments. I would be curious to hear about others take away from the site and just know these were just my perceptions.

We’re going there this weekend- I’ll give you my take after

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Cast] #7884429 06/29/20 03:55 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Cast
I watched it. I got really mad. Hollered at the TV. Hollered at the wife. Hollered at the dogs. Cussed and hollered some more, then finished watching it. Somebody needs to hang for that.

Same here, although with less hollering, Lol. It was a great watch. It did make me sad that so many innocent lives including children were lost, and completely preventable. The FBI was completely at fault in the outcome of that one, IMO.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Guy] #7884438 06/29/20 04:05 AM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Raise your hand if you think the government did the wrong thing on this. Now keep your hand up if you think there should be a show of force in Seattle.

History repeating itself

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Guy] #7884448 06/29/20 04:20 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Yep, let people commit felonies and don't hold them accountable for their actions. That's the new American way apparently.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: TLew] #7884477 06/29/20 05:27 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TLew
Raise your hand if you think the government did the wrong thing on this. Now keep your hand up if you think there should be a show of force in Seattle.

History repeating itself

Two very different things. Not even close. Good effort.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7884614 06/29/20 01:01 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

History repeating itself

How is it different? There is a common denominator here -- both are breaking the law and not recognizing authority of law enforcement.

Private ground doesn't matter when you break the law
Freedom of religion doesn't matter when you break the law
Women and children unwillfully brought into the compound? Pretty sure that's happened in Seattle too.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege [Re: TLew] #7884667 06/29/20 01:41 PM
Guy Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

History repeating itself

How is it different?

The difference is they could have easily apprehended Koresh with no incident, it is not like he was Osama bin Laden.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide