Texas Hunting Forum

Netflix - Waco Siege

Posted By: Guy

Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:16 PM

You guys watch that? Thought it was pretty good, we watched it in 2 nights. I remember it all back in 1993, man what a cluster F. Interested in your thoughts.
Posted By: Mike W

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:18 PM

Mass murder, Janet Reno and Bill Clinton should have went to prison right along with any LEO involved.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:21 PM

Too sad to watch. I was very glad when the renovation couple renovated Waco's reputation and put it back on the map for something else. Although not universally loved by all, they did the city a real service. 'Very historical Texas city that deserves a modicum of respect. Although the preacher that baptized me told a joke on the pulpit - A man was given a diagnosis of cancer and that he had 6 months to live. He moved to Waco so it'd seem like a whole lot longer. laugh
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mike W
Mass murder, Janet Reno and Bill Clinton should have went to prison right along with any LEO involved.

Man you need to pump the brakes when including LEO in that comment.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:26 PM

Didn't he set that place on fire himself?
Posted By: Mike W

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by pdr55
Originally Posted by Mike W

Man you need to pump the brakes when including LEO in that comment.

No way anyone was involved in that who did not know what they were doing was wrong.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:27 PM

That Koresh character was very convincing.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:27 PM

Sums up what people will do when pushed into a corner by the government and why the government shouldn’t have all the guns.....outright murdered American citizens with zero due process. The missteps in the whole thing are shocking but not surprising after Ruby Ridge. Incidents like these really make you question why anyone would want to give the government more power.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:28 PM

I watched it. I got really mad. Hollered at the TV. Hollered at the wife. Hollered at the dogs. Cussed and hollered some more, then finished watching it. Somebody needs to hang for that.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Its unclear how it started. My guess he would not have done that. But there have been many times buildings have caught fire when tier gas was shot in.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:29 PM

According to the FBI he did. The same FBI that made the front door they shot through disappear along with the video that magically vanished of who fired the first shots.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:37 PM

Here is the search warrant. Everyone can read for themselves. Make illicit fully automatic rifles and explosives and the ATF will show up. David Koresh was a psychopath just like Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols.

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/waco-raid-went-wrong
Posted By: Cast

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by krmitchell

According to the FBI he did. The same FBI that made the front door they shot through disappear along with the video that magically vanished of who fired the first shots.

It’s well established that tear gas canisters cause fires. The feds deployed several tear gas canisters prior to the fire.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cast

It’s well established that tear gas canisters cause fires. The feds deployed several tear gas canisters prior to the fire.

Have you ever heard the audio of him calling for people to set the fires?

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:44 PM

Yes, provided by the same people who made the door and video disappear. I’m not convinced. FBIs favorable evidence survives and the unfavorable goes bye bye. It’s too convenient.
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:44 PM

I think I remember reading that Timothy McVeigh spent some time down there handing out pamphlets of some type.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by fray
I think I remember reading that Timothy McVeigh spent some time down there handing out pamphlets of some type.

Waco was part of his inspiration for the OKC bombings. I believe he did it in the same day the siege ended or began.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:57 PM

This.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

Its unclear how it started. My guess he would not have done that. But there have been many times buildings have caught fire when tier gas was shot in.

He was scum sleeping with young girls. Had many opportunities to get everyone out but never did. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Espy
Originally Posted by Guy

He was scum sleeping with young girls.

I agree with that. To me that was a bigger crime than the guns. Was it ever proven he had illegal guns?

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

He was scum sleeping with young girls. Had many opportunities to get everyone out but never did. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison.

No doubt he was a nut job that was molesting kids. Still don’t agree with the body count that was the result of it. With the current FTP attitude can you imagine if this happened today to anyone but a crazy white dude? There would be a civil war.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 11:27 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: majekman

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/26/20 11:36 PM

To me...what happened in the Waco incident is much akin to what’s going on now with the virus. Government intervention where it doesn’t belong

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by majekman
To me...what happened in the Waco incident is much akin to what’s going on now with the virus. Government intervention where it doesn’t belong

So you are saying Trump intervenes too much?
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Here is the search warrant. Everyone can read for themselves. Make illicit fully automatic rifles and explosives and the ATF will show up. David Koresh was a psychopath just like Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols.

why do so many mass casualty events happen in the second part of April. up Just coincidence I guess.
titanic
boston bombing
notre dame
waco
oklahoma
Columbine High School Massacre
The Virginia Tech Shooting
West Fertilizer Company Explosion
Ruby Ridge
Posted By: TLew

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

The only two voices of reason in this thread. Can't believe folks are backing up Koresh...
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

So, kill him and the young girls he was sleeping with(plus others)? Smart. Very logical and judicial.

Ruby Ridge was worse, and gets a lot less attention. Both were complete cluster [censored] by the Feds. Waco was definitely a situation that needed remedying but it was totally bungled. Koresh was a dirtbag and probably broke the law, but the way it was handled was a disaster and completely wrong.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 11:57 AM

SA, the conspiracy people never believe facts so just go ahead and stop that.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 12:29 PM

Best line of the whole series, "Why is it every time God speaks to a modern day prophet he tells him that he can sleep with all the young girls he wants to?". LE on the ground were following orders. I have always felt it would have been better to keep up the surveillance and arrest Koresh when he was outside the compound. No way that our Government intentionally set the fires, there was a lot of hard evidence that the fires were set inside by the same idiots that gave their wives, daughters and everything else they owned to Koresh.
Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 05:52 PM

I am not at all saying that i support David Koresh, he was a nutcase no doubt, but it was a political show from the start. The government wanted something to make them look like heroes. The government wanted footage of them walking out the front door with all of the women and kids that they "saved". If they really wanted to arrest David, they could have done it quickly and easily. They knew his routine.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Best line of the whole series, "Why is it every time God speaks to a modern day prophet he tells him that he can sleep with all the young girls he wants to?". LE on the ground were following orders. I have always felt it would have been better to keep up the surveillance and arrest Koresh when he was outside the compound. No way that our Government intentionally set the fires, there was a lot of hard evidence that the fires were set inside by the same idiots that gave their wives, daughters and everything else they owned to Koresh.

Well of course the government isnt going to admit they started the fires! Me personally, i could see it being an accidental ignition from the gas, or i could see it being intentionally started by the Davidians. Either way, i wasnt there to personally confirm it so i cant say for sure either way.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Country01
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

Well of course the government isnt going to admit they started the fires! Me personally, i could see it being an accidental ignition from the gas, or i could see it being intentionally started by the Davidians. Either way, i wasnt there to personally confirm it so i cant say for sure either way.

If personal first hand knowledge was required to come to a conclusion no one would ever be convicted of anything. We read, learn, use the brain God gave us and come to a conclusion. I wasn't on the moon when men landed there, but I believe it happened, and wasn't a government hoax filmed in a movie studio as some do.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 08:46 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/aug99/davidians26.htm

"The FBI yesterday reversed a six-year-old position that it never used munitions capable of sparking the blaze that ended a standoff with the Branch Davidian sect near Waco, Tex., and left 76 people dead.

The acknowledgment that FBI agents fired "a very limited number" of potentially incendiary tear gas cartridges on the final day of the 51-day siege contradicts congressional testimony from high-ranking Justice Department officials"

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Country01
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/aug99/davidians26.htm

"The FBI yesterday reversed a six-year-old position that it never used munitions capable of sparking the blaze that ended a standoff with the Branch Davidian sect near Waco, Tex., and left 76 people dead.

The acknowledgment that FBI agents fired "a very limited number" of potentially incendiary tear gas cartridges on the final day of the 51-day siege contradicts congressional testimony from high-ranking Justice Department officials"

Davidians can be heard discussing “the lighting of fires” in bugging devices that the FBI had smuggled inside. An overhead aerial infrared camera shows the fire starting simultaneously in three different locations and a Congressional investigation concluded that Koresh and his followers set the fire themselves.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/27/20 09:32 PM

Kookie Koresh thought he was the messiah. The ATF gave him 51 day to exit the compound. He lied several times saying he was coming out but never did. A few escaped the fire but most did not. Did he commit suicide Or did one of his followers put a bullet in his head.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/28/20 07:42 PM

Feds had opportunity to apprehend Koresh when he was alone but chose to make a show which, plain & simple, allowed others to become involved. Take Koresh out of all your thoughts and consider who the Feds turned into victims.

Yes Ruby Ridge was worse. No defense there, none.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/28/20 08:07 PM

Coincidentally, I visited the site in Waco yesterday BEFORE I read this thread. My better half had seen the Netflix thing and we were traveling close by so we just swung over and toured it. I will admit to spending most of my life as a workaholic and spent all my time so full speed that I paid little attention to this event when it happened. I have never followed the news that much so I do not know enough about the facts to form an opinion but I will comment on what I experienced at the site yesterday. To summarize my feeling would be that whats there is pretty much pro Koresh and anti Government. They have kind of a visitors center that has what I would call propaganda. There was a lady that I assumed worked there talking to a couple of tourists about how the netflix show painted Koresh and his group in a bad light. My better half that had watched it thought just the opposite. Lots of anti Government stuff on the walls including a big sign that said "Never trust the Government." There was an area with a bunch of photographs that was called "FBI Trophy pics". They were varied but some showed different random groups of LEO posing for pics together. Im not sure how or why the pics would be considered "Trophy" pics. They certainly were not posing with dead bodies. There were some that were smiling but I guess there are lots of folks that cant take a picture without smiling. Once again, I dont know enough to take a real stance but just know that if you go look at the site be prepared to read the words "murdered" and "innocent God loving" and "hate the Government" type comments. I would be curious to hear about others take away from the site and just know these were just my perceptions.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/28/20 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
You guys watch that? Thought it was pretty good, we watched it in 2 nights. I remember it all back in 1993, man what a cluster F. Interested in your thoughts.

Will you throw a fit like Buzz did if I tout a good movie called Thelma & Louise on OVTV?
confused2
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/28/20 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Coincidentally, I visited the site in Waco yesterday BEFORE I read this thread. My better half had seen the Netflix thing and we were traveling close by so we just swung over and toured it. I will admit to spending most of my life as a workaholic and spent all my time so full speed that I paid little attention to this event when it happened. I have never followed the news that much so I do not know enough about the facts to form an opinion but I will comment on what I experienced at the site yesterday. To summarize my feeling would be that whats there is pretty much pro Koresh and anti Government. They have kind of a visitors center that has what I would call propaganda. There was a lady that I assumed worked there talking to a couple of tourists about how the netflix show painted Koresh and his group in a bad light. My better half that had watched it thought just the opposite. Lots of anti Government stuff on the walls including a big sign that said "Never trust the Government." There was an area with a bunch of photographs that was called "FBI Trophy pics". They were varied but some showed different random groups of LEO posing for pics together. Im not sure how or why the pics would be considered "Trophy" pics. They certainly were not posing with dead bodies. There were some that were smiling but I guess there are lots of folks that cant take a picture without smiling. Once again, I dont know enough to take a real stance but just know that if you go look at the site be prepared to read the words "murdered" and "innocent God loving" and "hate the Government" type comments. I would be curious to hear about others take away from the site and just know these were just my perceptions.

We’re going there this weekend- I’ll give you my take after
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/29/20 03:55 AM

I watched it. I got really mad. Hollered at the TV. Hollered at the wife. Hollered at the dogs. Cussed and hollered some more, then finished watching it. Somebody needs to hang for that.

Same here, although with less hollering, Lol. It was a great watch. It did make me sad that so many innocent lives including children were lost, and completely preventable. The FBI was completely at fault in the outcome of that one, IMO.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/29/20 04:05 AM

Raise your hand if you think the government did the wrong thing on this. Now keep your hand up if you think there should be a show of force in Seattle.

History repeating itself
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/29/20 04:20 AM

Yep, let people commit felonies and don't hold them accountable for their actions. That's the new American way apparently.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/29/20 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by TLew
Raise your hand if you think the government did the wrong thing on this. Now keep your hand up if you think there should be a show of force in Seattle.

History repeating itself

Two very different things. Not even close. Good effort.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/29/20 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

History repeating itself

How is it different? There is a common denominator here -- both are breaking the law and not recognizing authority of law enforcement.

Private ground doesn't matter when you break the law
Freedom of religion doesn't matter when you break the law
Women and children unwillfully brought into the compound? Pretty sure that's happened in Seattle too.

Re: Netflix - Waco Siege - 06/29/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

History repeating itself

How is it different?

The difference is they could have easily apprehended Koresh with no incident, it is not like he was Osama bin Laden.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum