Forums46
Topics538,021
Posts9,731,920
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man #7865441 06/09/20 05:18 PM
A
aerangis Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
A
More sh1t is about to hit the fan.

The video has gaps in the recording and doesnt capure every momt of the confrontation in its entirity but it contains more than eno to establish what occured and why. The trooper needs to be held accountable. He made an error of judgement that needlessly cost the man his life and the error is so fundamental to his profession Id be suprised if the DA doesnt charge the trooper with criminal offense involving professional negligence. It. crosses a line that should be labeled criminal and professional negligence imho. His mistake was failing to recognize an issue staring him square in the face and mind blowng to think thatthe man was shot needlessly SIX TIMES. Situational Awareness is a foundational element that every LEO HAS to master to be considered functionally competent to work in his profession. His mistake is pretty damn significanIft and painfully obvious to the extreme. Watch the video, if he's no-billed by the grand jury, it would be a travesty of ustice.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865449 06/09/20 05:25 PM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
There's more to the story than the video shows. The guy was having massive temperament swings and had been pulled over twice already that day for running in excess of 100MPH. He was on course to kill himself and possibly others. I bet the toxicology report is very revealing.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865453 06/09/20 05:33 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Bated breath.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865483 06/09/20 06:03 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The video I saw didn’t show much. Showed a fight then a shot.

Maybe you have a different video.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865496 06/09/20 06:23 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Will some THFer please post up the video? confused2

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865503 06/09/20 06:31 PM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865507 06/09/20 06:32 PM
A
aerangis Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
A
Im aware of one video. the same one on the site linked in the post. The mistake is glaring and obvious long before the video ends. If you dont recognize it could it be a simple lack of awareness of use of force procedural guidelines in LEA and various methods of threat mitigation?
Im not a licensed peace officer and I recognized it before the video came to an end. Its not anything requiring special lknowledge or super powers to figure out smile

I'll throw this out there to see if it fills the gap in your data set set; The trooper was in control of the encounter from start to finish. He made a series of mistakes and failing to recognize he was in control of the situation was one of them.

If that doesnt make the lightbulb go off .nothing will. I basically stated tthe nature of his mistake and explained it sufficiently in the hint In the paragraph above this sentence.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865518 06/09/20 06:43 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Good shoot.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865520 06/09/20 06:44 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Oh, and the Washington Compost sucks. That article was horrible.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865521 06/09/20 06:44 PM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by aerangis
Im aware of one video. the same one on the site linked in the post. The mistake is glaring and obvious long before the video ends. If you dont recognize it could it be a simple lack of awareness of use of force procedural guidelines in LEA and various methods of threat mitigation?
Im not a licensed peace officer and I recognized it before the video came to an end. Its not anything requiring special lknowledge or super powers to figure out smile

Instead of repeatedly referring to what is so glaringly obvious that everyone who thinks the officer was justified is missing why don't you just state what procedural guideline the office failed to comply with.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865522 06/09/20 06:46 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Doesn't look like the trooper did anything wrong to me.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865528 06/09/20 06:52 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Maybe he tried to take the cop's gun? That video doesn't show much at all. So freakin' sick of this racist war on police. If you don't wanna get shot or harmed in any other manner, just do these 3 things.

1) Don't break the law.

2) Whether you are guilty or innocent, do what the LEO asks you to do. Obey his commands, lemme see your hands means just that. Get in the car means just that. STOP right there means just that.

3) If being arrested, don't fight the police.

All these morons think they can just do whatever they want, showing no respect to authority whatsoever. Just do what's asked of you and don't fight the cops. Fight your battle in court. C'mon man.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865533 06/09/20 06:54 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
How would everyone describe what happened in that video? It looks to me like the officer made the stop, civilian got out of the car, cop out him back in, a few moments go by, the dude attacks the cop, they tussle for a bit and in the struggle, the cop shoots him. From the video, it's hard to say if he did or didn't go for the cops gun. Do folks see something different? Too many folks are getting killed by cops, but I think I'm with the officer on this one.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865545 06/09/20 07:00 PM
68A Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Guy was high
Trooper was accommodating
Guy runs and tries to take patrol car
Trooper uses pepper spray IAW escalation of force
Guy goes for troopers gun
Guy gets shot.

If this is the truth then there’s nothing more to discuss. Being unarmed doesn’t mean someone isn’t a deadly threat. If you go for a cops firearm, you should expect to get shot.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: Txhunter65] #7865546 06/09/20 07:01 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Txhunter65

Instead of repeatedly referring to what is so glaringly obvious that everyone who thinks the officer was justified is missing why don't you just state what procedural guideline the office failed to comply with.

THIS

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865547 06/09/20 07:01 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865549 06/09/20 07:03 PM
S
sweetwood Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Here's a 16 minute video that provides more context. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KT99v-DSr8

It's a tragic situation but I think this guy had some serious mental issues going on.
If I'm not mistaken either a friend or a family member called the police on him earlier voicing their concern.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865553 06/09/20 07:07 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Are you talking about the guy not being cuffed?

I don't watch much video of cops doing their jobs, so I can't really figure out what you are talking about other than the video was not very helpful for watching much of anything.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865564 06/09/20 07:12 PM
S
stinkbelly Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I am so tired of people like the OP beating up on police for doing their job. This guy was a criminal that made some bad decisions and tried to take the police officers gun. With that happening, this is the best outcome.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865566 06/09/20 07:12 PM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
More sh1t is about to hit the fan.

The video has gaps in the recording and doesnt capure every momt of the confrontation in its entirity but it contains more than eno to establish what occured and why. The trooper needs to be held accountable. He made an error of judgement that needlessly cost the man his life and the error is so fundamental to his profession Id be suprised if the DA doesnt charge the trooper with criminal offense involving professional negligence. It. crosses a line that should be labeled criminal and professional negligence imho. His mistake was failing to recognize an issue staring him square in the face and mind blowng to think thatthe man was shot needlessly SIX TIMES. Situational Awareness is a foundational element that every LEO HAS to master to be considered functionally competent to work in his profession. His mistake is pretty damn significanIft and painfully obvious to the extreme. Watch the video, if he's no-billed by the grand jury, it would be a travesty of ustice.

Not sure what video you were watching, but looked like a good shoot to me. "Shot needlessly SIX TIMES." So exactly how many times would you shoot someone to stop them from taking your gun in the heat of the moment? It is easy to sit back and critique this officer when you're safe behind your keyboard.

[Linked Image]

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: 68A] #7865572 06/09/20 07:15 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 68A
Guy was high
Trooper was accommodating
Guy runs and tries to take patrol car
Trooper uses pepper spray IAW escalation of force
Guy goes for troopers gun
Guy gets shot.

If this is the truth then there’s nothing more to discuss. Being unarmed doesn’t mean someone isn’t a deadly threat. If you go for a cops firearm, you should expect to get shot.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865575 06/09/20 07:18 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

I'll throw this out there to see if it fills the gap in your data set set; The trooper was in control of the encounter from start to finish. He made a series of mistakes and failing to recognize he was in control of the situation was one of them.

If that doesnt make the lightbulb go off .nothing will. I basically stated tthe nature of his mistake and explained it sufficiently in the hint In the paragraph above this sentence.

Garbage.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: skinnerback] #7865576 06/09/20 07:20 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Maybe he tried to take the cop's gun? That video doesn't show much at all. So freakin' sick of this racist war on police. If you don't wanna get shot or harmed in any other manner, just do these 3 things.

1) Don't break the law.

2) Whether you are guilty or innocent, do what the LEO asks you to do. Obey his commands, lemme see your hands means just that. Get in the car means just that. STOP right there means just that.

3) If being arrested, don't fight the police.

All these morons think they can just do whatever they want, showing no respect to authority whatsoever. Just do what's asked of you and don't fight the cops. Fight your battle in court. C'mon man.

Wait just a sec... it cant really be that easy is it? muyloco

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: aerangis] #7865581 06/09/20 07:29 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Daddy always told me never to argue with a man in uniform who wears a gun for a living.

Re: Newly released video shows N.J. trooper fatally shooting unarmed black man [Re: Hudbone] #7865589 06/09/20 07:33 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Daddy always told me never to argue with a man in uniform who wears a gun for a living.

I try to follow the advice of "don't argue with the guy holding the mic, you will never win"

Same concept, same results. you lose both ways

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide