Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: New to Keto [Re: N.Tx] #7768005 03/11/20 01:03 AM
D
David7912 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Easiest diet I ever tried hang with it if you can I lost 44 lbs my son has lost 90. Lots of avocados cheese,pork rinds,nuts. I hit a spot where I wasn't losing but then it kicked back in like I said hang with it if you can it works!

Re: New to Keto [Re: RedRanger] #7825669 05/01/20 03:23 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Take Jalapenos, Fill full of cream cheese, Wrap in bacon and put on grill on top shelf if you have one.

up

I lost a little over 80 pounds in four months on a combination of keto diet, intermittent fasting and 30+ minutes of moderate cardio daily. I feel much better, have more energy and am close to being free of diabetes without medication. One benefit of keto that seems to be ignored is avoiding low glycemic foods has the added benefit of reversing insulin resistance in Type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes. I no longer require injections and have cut the amount of Metformin I take in half. Now, my blood sugar stays below 130 even after a meal including the occasional Strawberry Shortcake. The key is eating sufficient fats to slow the digestion of carbohydrates which I try to restrict to around 50 grams daily. If I exceed that number on occasion, I don't sweat it.

One meal a day took about a week or two of getting used to, but I like vegetables (salads aren't veggies:) and stuff folks consider healthy. One of my favorite dishes is baking a whole avocado split down the middle with an egg in each half sprinkled with cheese. Tasty, healthy, and loaded with healthy fats. Another favorite item on the menu is Bacon Tomato Sandwiches using low carb bread. Another is lamb chops, they're grass fed and loaded with Omega-3 as is grass fed & finished beef.

I hear folks talk about bacon and eggs being unhealthy. Yet many members of my family lived into their 90's eating eggs, bacon, sausage with biscuits greased in the fat from cooking and loaded up with butter, every day of their lives.

Re: New to Keto [Re: aerangis] #7825831 05/01/20 05:44 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by aerangis
Take Jalapenos, Fill full of cream cheese, Wrap in bacon and put on grill on top shelf if you have one.

up

I lost a little over 80 pounds in four months on a combination of keto diet, intermittent fasting and 30+ minutes of moderate cardio daily. I feel much better, have more energy and am close to being free of diabetes without medication. One benefit of keto that seems to be ignored is avoiding low glycemic foods has the added benefit of reversing insulin resistance in Type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes. I no longer require injections and have cut the amount of Metformin I take in half. Now, my blood sugar stays below 130 even after a meal including the occasional Strawberry Shortcake. The key is eating sufficient fats to slow the digestion of carbohydrates which I try to restrict to around 50 grams daily. If I exceed that number on occasion, I don't sweat it.

One meal a day took about a week or two of getting used to, but I like vegetables (salads aren't veggies:) and stuff folks consider healthy. One of my favorite dishes is baking a whole avocado split down the middle with an egg in each half sprinkled with cheese. Tasty, healthy, and loaded with healthy fats. Another favorite item on the menu is Bacon Tomato Sandwiches using low carb bread. Another is lamb chops, they're grass fed and loaded with Omega-3 as is grass fed & finished beef.

I hear folks talk about bacon and eggs being unhealthy. Yet many members of my family lived into their 90's eating eggs, bacon, sausage with biscuits greased in the fat from cooking and loaded up with butter, every day of their lives.

up

Re: New to Keto [Re: aerangis] #7825835 05/01/20 05:45 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
[

I will try the eggs/Avocado and Bacon Sandwich

Lamb chops are my fav and get the grass fed one as well from Tom thumb

Re: New to Keto [Re: RedRanger] #7826121 05/01/20 08:54 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
[

Technically, they're not chops. It's a miniature lamb t-bone that Walmart carries that comes with three in the package. A little coarse kosher sea salt with black pepper, pan seared on a cast iron skillet where it's rare but crisped on the outside, it makes some mighty fine eatin.

Re: New to Keto [Re: aerangis] #7826686 05/02/20 09:22 AM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
[

Technically, they're not chops. It's a miniature lamb t-bone that Walmart carries that comes with three in the package. A little coarse kosher sea salt with black pepper, pan seared on a cast iron skillet where it's rare but crisped on the outside, it makes some mighty fine eatin.

I get mine from Tom thumb they have much more fat on them, that area rack of ribs and you have to cut them.

I use soy sauce and mustard and marinate them in that, and put them on the grill. They are my go to meal now days. Costco has them as well, but the fat content are not as good as the Tom Thumb ones

Re: New to Keto [Re: N.Tx] #7827595 05/03/20 08:17 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Yep, when it comes to lamb orbeef, grass fed is the way to go. Flavor is much improved and I happen to like the fat when it's grilled or pan seared.

Grass fed lamb and beef have a higher omega-3 (EPA & DHA) content than that found in grain or pellet base animals finished in feedlots before slaughter. If your health matters, consider switchig.

Re: New to Keto [Re: N.Tx] #7858363 06/02/20 01:41 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
My wife joined the Keto craze, she lost 11 pounds, went from 107 to 96 lbs in 2 months.

It's nice now since we can eat same foods for lunch/dinner

We both skip breakfast, Only eat lunch and dinner. Once you are on the Keto with fats mixed in, it will take care of you hunger pains.

Plus you don't get cranky when you are hungry, I don't think I will ever eat/drink anything with high sugar any more.

Re: New to Keto [Re: RedRanger] #7858561 06/02/20 05:06 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
My wife joined the Keto craze, she lost 11 pounds, went from 107 to 96 lbs in 2 months.

It's nice now since we can eat same foods for lunch/dinner

We both skip breakfast, Only eat lunch and dinner. Once you are on the Keto with fats mixed in, it will take care of you hunger pains.

Plus you don't get cranky when you are hungry, I don't think I will ever eat/drink anything with high sugar any more.

^^^^^^^^^this up up peep[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide