Forums46
Topics538,064
Posts9,732,592
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7858207 06/02/20 08:00 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by pdr55
Copied from drug free.org.
Controlled substance
High risk for addiction and dependence. Can cause respiratory distress and death when taken in high doses or when combined with other substances, especially alcohol.

Please listen to this when I say this, opioids cause respiratory failure when someone takes too much. Most of us have taken some form of opioids, Percocet, OxyContin, etc, for surgeries and when taken in moderation they do nothing other than give a little high from feeling good but they pose no risk to death. Only when they are taken in such high doses do opioids have a risk for death, and in that situation the user is laying down, unresponsive and not breathing or breathing very shallowly. This was NOT the situation Floyd was in. He was awake, talking. Trying to pass a bad check. Could the opioids explain him trying to pass a bad check? Sure. They do NOT explain away a heart attack because opioids don’t cause those.

Ask any paramedic why they carry Narcan in their units now, it’s to be an antidote for opioid overdose and get the person breathing again.

First of all of this could be nothing more than a red herring.

Now think about this one M.E. said Cardiac Arrest, one said respiratory arrest. Floyd claimed he couldn't breath, clearly his airway wasn't obstructed, but could Fentanyl which is known for respiratory arrest have played a roll in that?

If a someone says fentanyl "changes nothing" in a patient that say he cant breath....... well that just doesn't seem right.

If you have never seen folks on opioids then you would understand. Not trying to be a “know it all” but the respiratory distress from opioids comes right at the end of an overdose. It is a sudden onset but when it happens people just pass out and don’t complain they can’t breathe. The high puts them into a catatonic stare where they just don’t have a will to do anything. Someone ODing on fentanyl would not complain for 4 minutes they can’t breathe and then suddenly go down unless they were still using. They take the hit, the body shuts down, and they go to sleep. The amount of fentanyl needed to do this would be based upon the tolerance level of the user too, the more you use the more it takes.

Anyway, the video does not support someone ODing on opioids. It supports someone being essentially crushed to death by three people sitting on him and reducing his ability to breathe up until he passed out and then still sitting for three more minutes

I've asked this question before. I've only seen the video of one officer on the guy, with one knee on the neck and the other on the scapula area. I have seen a still shot of three officers on the guy, but were they on him the whole time? How many officer total worked that scene? In the video two officers are at the front of the car, one at the rear , and of course the officer with the knee on the neck.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7858228 06/02/20 10:41 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Controlled substance
High risk for addiction and dependence. Can cause respiratory distress and death when taken in high doses or when combined with other substances, especially alcohol.

Please listen to this when I say this, opioids cause respiratory failure when someone takes too much. Most of us have taken some form of opioids, Percocet, OxyContin, etc, for surgeries and when taken in moderation they do nothing other than give a little high from feeling good but they pose no risk to death. Only when they are taken in such high doses do opioids have a risk for death, and in that situation the user is laying down, unresponsive and not breathing or breathing very shallowly. This was NOT the situation Floyd was in. He was awake, talking. Trying to pass a bad check. Could the opioids explain him trying to pass a bad check? Sure. They do NOT explain away a heart attack because opioids don’t cause those.

Ask any paramedic why they carry Narcan in their units now, it’s to be an antidote for opioid overdose and get the person breathing again.

Why did he have Fentanyl in his system and where did he get it? Are you telling us this is a common prescription drug? It is time to question exactly what was going on here, not just yelling "Look at the video!" Some of the police carry antidote for opioids, because Fentanyl KILLS PEOPLE everyday.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Concho] #7858230 06/02/20 10:44 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Concho
Controlled substance

Why did he have Fentanyl in his system and where did he get it? Are you telling us this is a common prescription drug? It is time to question exactly what was going on here, not just yelling "Look at the video!" Some of the police carry antidote for opioids, because Fentanyl KILLS PEOPLE everyday.

Perhaps they should have used it on him instead of doing nothing.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7858233 06/02/20 10:57 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

[/quote]

Perhaps they should have used it on him instead of doing nothing.[/quote]

Bob, I agree the officers were lacking in this death, the one officer has been charged and I have no problem with those charges, that is why we have trials to decide guilt or innocence. Believe me most officers are as concerned about this death as you, most try to be fair, honest, and are dedicated to helping people. I don't believe that what this man had in his system can be totally blamed for his death, Floyd should have been transported for medical treatment and there are other ways to restrain the combative, although it is better if people being arrested or detained don't have to be restrained at all. I'm simply asking what else was going on with George Floyd.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858236 06/02/20 11:18 AM
S
stinkbelly Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
From the past two pages it looks like he had Fentanyl in his system. He also had meth. He fought with the police. He was a criminal. Doc above says that Fentanyl would cause him to lay down, breath shallow, and pass out or have a heart attack if he used too much. Maybe he was using it in the car right before the police pulled him out. Maybe it started to take affect after he fought with the police for 10 minutes. Maybe he overdosed in police custody.

As for the paid for autopsy, that changes nothing.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7858252 06/02/20 11:52 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
No way will he ever be convicted of first degree murder. There was no premeditation.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Concho] #7858260 06/02/20 12:03 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Bob, I agree the officers were lacking in this death, the one officer has been charged and I have no problem with those charges, that is why we have trials to decide guilt or innocence. Believe me most officers are as concerned about this death as you, most try to be fair, honest, and are dedicated to helping people. I don't believe that what this man had in his system can be totally blamed for his death, Floyd should have been transported for medical treatment and there are other ways to restrain the combative, although it is better if people being arrested or detained don't have to be restrained at all. I'm simply asking what else was going on with George Floyd.[/quote]

I agree fully. cheers

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: bill oxner] #7858275 06/02/20 12:29 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by bill oxner
No way will he ever be convicted of first degree murder. There was no premeditation.

That's why they filed second and third against him.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: stinkbelly] #7858278 06/02/20 12:32 PM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by stinkbelly
From the past two pages it looks like he had Fentanyl in his system. He also had meth. He fought with the police. He was a criminal. Doc above says that Fentanyl would cause him to lay down, breath shallow, and pass out or have a heart attack if he used too much. Maybe he was using it in the car right before the police pulled him out. Maybe it started to take affect after he fought with the police for 10 minutes. Maybe he overdosed in police custody.

As for the paid for autopsy, that changes nothing.

Or maybe he tried to swallow the evidence like so many do.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Concho] #7858316 06/02/20 01:00 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Bob, I agree the officers were lacking in this death, the one officer has been charged and I have no problem with those charges, that is why we have trials to decide guilt or innocence. Believe me most officers are as concerned about this death as you, most try to be fair, honest, and are dedicated to helping people. I don't believe that what this man had in his system can be totally blamed for his death, Floyd should have been transported for medical treatment and there are other ways to restrain the combative, although it is better if people being arrested or detained don't have to be restrained at all. I'm simply asking what else was going on with George Floyd.[/quote]

Well said, Concho.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7859911 06/04/20 01:22 AM
P
pdr55 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Did anybody else notice that the ME’s report listed time of death at after 9PM ?
I thought the incident happened earlier in the day.

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7859940 06/04/20 01:47 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Time of death would be when it was called in the hospital.

The incident occurred around 8:27 pm, so transport, a little work on himat hospital, official time fo death would be close to 9 easy.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: pdr55] #7859960 06/04/20 01:59 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Did anybody else notice that the ME’s report listed time of death at after 9PM ?
I thought the incident happened earlier in the day.

Someone has to go on record and call it, that takes time on occasion.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide