Forums46
Topics538,077
Posts9,732,730
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7857346 06/01/20 02:28 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
SA I get what you are saying there, and as I mentioned there is no way to prove the knee 100% caused the heart attack. And there is no need to 100% prove the knee caused the heart attack. All they have to do
Is have some expert testify the knee was likely a part in the heart attack not the ultimate cause. Did the knee contribute to the heart attack...that’s all. The reason that’s all they have to show is because Floyd died, he had a heart attack while in police custody. The burden of proof is different now, because this happened on their watch. The burden shifts from what caused the heart attack to what contributed to the heart attack and did the cops actions. Directly contribute to the heart attack. The burden of proof lies in the defense finding someone willing to say with 100% certainty the knee could not have precipitated a heart attack. That, in my medical Opinion, is not going to happen. The plaintiffs will definitely have expert after expert that will testify the knee could have been a factor in the heart attack. That is all they need since the burden of proof isn’t on them due to the fact Floyd DID have a heart attack and died.

There is a huge difference between saying the knee would cause of heart attack and the knee could cause a heart attack. But that is a big difference in this case. The shift in burden of proof is critical.

I not even gonna try to say I know anything about the law, and or the court system. Alls I know about that is that it that whether you win are lose, the real winners are always the lawyers.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 06/01/20 02:29 PM.
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Ramball36] #7857354 06/01/20 02:34 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Ramball36
I always look to my friends who are cops in situations like this. All i know is that I’ve seen dozens of them comment that they too are outraged by the way that officer acted.

I dont think anyone likes what they saw.

The question is, was the officer responsible for floyds death.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: S.A. hunter] #7857435 06/01/20 04:03 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
I always look to my friends who are cops in situations like this. All i know is that I’ve seen dozens of them comment that they too are outraged by the way that officer acted.

Under Minnesota's 3rd Degree Murder Statute the state doesn't need to prove direct cause. They need to prove that his wanton disregard for what was obviously a medical situation contributed to Mr Floyd's death. If they can't prove that but prove culpable negligence then it's 2nd Degree Manslaughter.

Last edited by nsmike; 06/01/20 04:04 PM.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: nsmike] #7857483 06/01/20 04:39 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by nsmike
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Under Minnesota's 3rd Degree Murder Statute the state doesn't need to prove direct cause. They need to prove that his wanton disregard for what was obviously a medical situation contributed to Mr Floyd's death. If they can't prove that but prove culpable negligence then it's 2nd Degree Manslaughter.

That was what mu understanding is, that is why they didn't file 1st degree charges. With the 1st degree charge they would have to prove intent.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Sidebuster] #7857488 06/01/20 04:42 PM
M
mickeyhft Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Originally Posted by Sidebuster
One thing about this case is that facts will not matter and the officer will not receive a fair trial. The city has to find the officer guilty or else!

This is my fear, not because of any desire to defend the cops, but because getting away from the facts of the case, getting away from recognizing how a collision of circumstances create a culminating factor that is only one part of the chain of events, that can be a deep, dark hole. And could be an injustice, for all.

But of course the other fear is what the riots will look like if certain facts do come about, I am not claiming to know any of these one way or another, and those facts are heeded, and these guys do walk or not get the charges expected. The psychology of fear response, on both arresting officers and detainees, how the brain gets in self protect mode and doesn't think "rationally" to an outside observer, is going, or should be, what so much of this is about, and why officers tend to not be convicted in such cases. And, that fear response applies to the protesters too, in some ways that I guess I just can't really, deeply, actionably understand.

I'm not trying to conclude or advocate for any stance, just processing out loud with ya'll.

DFW Roofing Contractor - Priority Roofing
HuntFishThrive.com

We are all in this together!
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: TLew] #7857517 06/01/20 05:06 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by TLew
I know this is an internet forum, but there is definitely one thing this whole incident has taught me -- I know who I would buy a beer for and who I wouldn't.

Hope EVERYONE stays safe and I mean that, whether I want to have a beer with you or not.

I agree. How we comment on here shines a light on who we are, or at least how others perceive us. Thank goodness on THF the list of who I buy a beer for outnumbers the ones i wouldnt.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857518 06/01/20 05:07 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Yeah, imagine the outrage if the cop walks....you ain’t seen nothing yet if that happens!

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7857531 06/01/20 05:17 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Yeah, imagine the outrage if the cop walks....you ain’t seen nothing yet if that happens!

I brought this up last week. It will be over a year before he goes to trial. His defense will have a good bias argument with video. The appeals could go on for years. The protesters may do more harm than good.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: bill oxner] #7857534 06/01/20 05:22 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by bill oxner

I brought this up last week. It will be over a year before he goes to trial. His defense will have a good bias argument with video. The appeals could go on for years. The protesters may do more harm than good.

the protesters will get trump re-elected.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857678 06/01/20 07:37 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Fox reporting that independent autopsy shows he died from "asphyxia due to neck and back compression"

ETA - Not surprising that it's different than the ME report, but I'd call this "polarizing" since it's a full 180

Last edited by TLew; 06/01/20 07:38 PM.
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: TLew] #7857689 06/01/20 07:51 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TLew
Fox reporting that independent autopsy shows he died from "asphyxia due to neck and back compression"

ETA - Not surprising that it's different than the ME report, but I'd call this "polarizing" since it's a full 180

Oh boy..

Who to believe.......?

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 06/01/20 08:17 PM.
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857733 06/01/20 08:37 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
George Floyd died of asphyxia: family medical examiner’s autopsy

https://nypost.com/2020/06/01/george-floyd-died-of-asphyxia-to-neck-family-mes-report/

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7857745 06/01/20 08:52 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

After all this BS, does anybody think there’s even a 1% chance of that?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857814 06/01/20 10:00 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Medical examiner now says death was “homicide resulting from being restrained”

Doesn’t that automatically put LEO#2 with the weight on Floyd’s back in trouble?

[Linked Image]
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Bullfrog] #7857819 06/01/20 10:02 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Medical examiner now says death was “homicide resulting from being restrained”

Doesn’t that automatically put LEO#2 with the weight on Floyd’s back in trouble?

Did they stay there the whole time?

Who knows what to believe.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857826 06/01/20 10:05 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
How can 2 autopsy's produce so different results? Maybe because the 2nd one was paid for! So when will the 3rd come out?

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Bullfrog] #7857862 06/01/20 10:46 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

The legal system is set up to allow technicalities to let guilty men walk. If the cops defense team finds evidence of shotty work or can get this thing on a mistrial, we all better be on alert.

Trust me, I don’t want that to happen. I want a good clean trial and guilt or innocence based on the facts of the case, but if the defense pleads down so the cop gets 1-2 years or something perceived as too light, it could still be just as bad.

All depends who is trying the case for the state. If they know what they are doing it should go as it should. If they are not good, TScouldHF

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7857903 06/01/20 11:36 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

The legal system is set up to allow technicalities to let guilty men walk. If the cops defense team finds evidence of shotty work or can get this thing on a mistrial, we all better be on alert.

Trust me, I don’t want that to happen. I want a good clean trial and guilt or innocence based on the facts of the case, but if the defense pleads down so the cop gets 1-2 years or something perceived as too light, it could still be just as bad.

All depends who is trying the case for the state. If they know what they are doing it should go as it should. If they are not good, TScouldHF

Its more than a year away. It will be after the election.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Jimbo1] #7857944 06/02/20 12:27 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
How can 2 autopsy's produce so different results? Maybe because the 2nd one was paid for! So when will the 3rd come out?

You can pay cash for any result you want to get? The guy is for hire for any family that wants a result different than the official verdict.

Last edited by Concho; 06/02/20 12:28 AM.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857957 06/02/20 12:34 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Isn't this the same pathologist that performed the second Epstein autopsy? Hasn't he performed several others that conflict with official autopsies? I think anyone with the intelligence of a frog can see what this guy is doing.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857960 06/02/20 12:35 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Obvious he'll hire out to anyone for the money.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857963 06/02/20 12:36 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I don’t know that I’d put much stock into a report payed for by the victim’s family. Such things should be done by someone with nothing to gain or lose.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857977 06/02/20 12:42 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Anyway, Prayers for everyone involved and prayers for our country. This is nothing but a bunch of criminals run amuck. Hopefully justice will come to all those who are burning our cities and injuring people. The actions of these folks just show that they have no interest in George Floyd, or what happened, just an opportunity to do violence, destroy property, and steal.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Concho] #7857978 06/02/20 12:44 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Concho
Isn't this the same pathologist that performed the second Epstein autopsy? Hasn't he performed several others that conflict with official autopsies? I think anyone with the intelligence of a frog can see what this guy is doing.

Care to re-word this blasphemy? roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Bullfrog] #7857982 06/02/20 12:46 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Concho

Care to re-word this blasphemy? roflmao

I don't need to re-word anything and it is my opinion of what is happening. Do you care to mind your own business?

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide