Forums46
Topics538,023
Posts9,731,957
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843799 05/18/20 08:55 PM
V
VarmintSniper30 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
I know five people that wood attest that's exactly what happened. Others would to , but they're too afraid of reprisals from you cuz they still want to shoot at your range and they don't want to get banned forever because they disagreed with you. You definitely insisted on the Mulligan stage. And you never had one at any other match.

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: ChadTRG42] #7843811 05/18/20 08:59 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
Let me be clear. There is a difference in being told you will pay certain fees based solely on what you are doing on the range and the greed of wanting a piece of my business (which was made perfectly clear). And those fees being non-negotiable and tied to one rifle per trip for load development that would raise the current price 7 to 10 times higher than what you are currently paying. The other option is discussing it and coming up with a solution that is beneficial for both parties to make money. Option 1 was the only option available and firmly communicated.

When the "friend hat" comes off and there is animosity, and someone tells you this is how it is, it's a take it or leave it business deal. At that point, it's no longer friends discussing a business deal and it's only a business deal. To me, it was a sad deal from someone I knew for a long time.

Not how it happended. Last words I heard were "let me think about it".

And a friend wouldn't tear up another friend's place. Months prior you were told by me "if it was anyone else, I would kick you off". All I got back was "I'm sorry". So then I spent a day, in the summer running tractor and skidsteer fixing the land, spending time and diesel, and hours on my equipment.

But I let it go, and then came up with a new price. Heard "let me think about it" and that was it until bringing it up openly on a forum. Just like I told Mikeal that's chickenchit.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843812 05/18/20 08:59 PM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I pay way too much at my range...
well, at least I thought I did. eek2

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: VarmintSniper30] #7843816 05/18/20 09:01 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by VarmintSniper30
I know five people that wood attest that's exactly what happened. Others would to , but they're too afraid of reprisals from you cuz they still want to shoot at your range and they don't want to get banned forever because they disagreed with you. You definitely insisted on the Mulligan stage. And you never had one at any other match.

Ok, don't come back.

And because the mulligan wasn't my idea.

And you're the first person to say I'm not fair. What's the common thread here?

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843818 05/18/20 09:01 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
trying to share? or trying to get other people to pay for it.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: J.G.] #7843831 05/18/20 09:12 PM
TX_LT230FH Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
So look at it this way. 70 acres I worked for decades to get. Turned raw cow pasture into a place with a range, berms every 100 out to 800. Built fence, built a driveway, ran electical, built a 40'x60' shop, and now building a house.

Would anyone here risk all they have to allow people to shoot rifles on their place? Someone gets hurt or killed, I get sued and lose 30 years of work and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

All you whiners can kiss my azz, and never darken my entryway again. (Not you Kyle)

I have no dog in this fight, and don't know any of you personally. But I am a landowner, and have worked hard for getting what I have and have found that nobody treats or respects my land or properties the way I do.

Your signature says "800 yard steel range, Precision rifle instruction, Memberships and Classes Available."
That implies you built the range as a business investment, and should have been aware of all the associated problems that come with having customers. Your range, your choice of what you charge, your choice of who you admit, but also your sole responsibility for risk and expenses and sunk costs and upkeep.

[Linked Image]
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: redchevy] #7843835 05/18/20 09:14 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by redchevy
trying to share? or trying to get other people to pay for it.

So, I'm supposed to give it away, because I'm a millionaire? Well, I'm not.

Risk vs. reward.

Ever ran a business? Or do you depend on charity? Because lenders do not run on charity.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843838 05/18/20 09:17 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Kind of.

Ive never been to your place and never will because I can tell from talking to you on here you and I will not get along. I got nothing against you and I try to be civil. From the outside looking in you should have kept your "HOME" and your "Gun Range/business" separate.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: J.G.] #7843852 05/18/20 09:27 PM
V
VarmintSniper30 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

Ok, don't come back.

And because the mulligan wasn't my idea.

And you're the first person to say I'm not fair. What's the common thread here?

You are such a liar I've been trying to refrain from saying that but you keep forcing the issue you were the only one who kept bringing up the word Mulligan . Be a man and own it.

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843854 05/18/20 09:28 PM
V
VarmintSniper30 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
And not to worry I was never going to Grace you with my presence again.

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843855 05/18/20 09:28 PM
N
nesikabay Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
duel

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: VarmintSniper30] #7843863 05/18/20 09:38 PM
P_102 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by P_102
VarmintSniper, please give us an example of a rule Jason changed in the middle of a match.

Last year's tactical match he was going to take a 0 on a stage because he made a mental error and got up and left the tower. He then proceeded to keep asking everybody repeatedly let's have a mulligan stage everybody can redo one stage. After his Non-Stop insistence, people acquiesced so he would quit whining. No one was wanting to redo the stage to accept him. The people not wanting to have a blow up gave him his way. He shot a 10 on the stage. And then one the whole match buy just a couple of points. He would not have done that for anyone else. He has never had a mulligan stage at any of his matches before.

So, even if it happened like you say, it was not a unilateral decision...it was a group decision.....not the “Jason changed the rules in the middle of the match” as you originally stated.

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: P_102] #7843872 05/18/20 09:48 PM
V
VarmintSniper30 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
VarmintSniper, please give us an example of a rule Jason changed in the middle of a match.

Last year's tactical match he was going to take a 0 on a stage because he made a mental error and got up and left the tower. He then proceeded to keep asking everybody repeatedly let's have a mulligan stage everybody can redo one stage. After his Non-Stop insistence, people acquiesced so he would quit whining. No one was wanting to redo the stage to accept him. The people not wanting to have a blow up gave him his way. He shot a 10 on the stage. And then one the whole match buy just a couple of points. He would not have done that for anyone else. He has never had a mulligan stage at any of his matches before.

So, even if it happened like you say, it was not a unilateral decision...it was a group decision.....not the “Jason changed the rules in the middle of the match” as you originally stated.

You could tell he was dug in and he wanted to redo that stage no one wanted to have an argument with him about it even though it was unfair we gave him his way so that we can enjoy the rest of the day. No one agreed with him until after 30 to 40 minutes of him constantly wanting to redo it. Jason's place Jason's rules if you and Jason think that is fair then good for you. If you can't understand that then I can't help you

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843880 05/18/20 09:53 PM
V
VarmintSniper30 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
He should have took is 0 like a man and never asked to redo the stage and put everybody in the position to have to say no . After his insistence people gave in to keep Harmony for the day or he would have thrown an absolute fit as he'd always does when he doesn't get his way.

It's simple he would have never done that for 90% of the people that go out there only his couple close friends would have he done that. If you don't believe that then you are lying to yourself also.

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843882 05/18/20 09:57 PM
P_102 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I understand exactly what your saying and the scenario described....I also understand from this thread that there was some previous animosity between the two you which could slant your view of things. There’s several ways this scenario could have played out depending on how you look at things. The one fact here is that, however it played out, it was a group decision.

Based on that I must come to the conclusion that ‘Liar, liar, pants on fire’ is applicable here.

Carry on.

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: redchevy] #7843890 05/18/20 10:07 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Kind of.

Ive never been to your place and never will because I can tell from talking to you on here you and I will not get along. I got nothing against you and I try to be civil. From the outside looking in you should have kept your "HOME" and your "Gun Range/business" separate.

You're seeing what many of us have seen and pointed out for years. I called him out for what I truly believe him to be in our last conversation, no need to discuss anything with him in the future. From what I'm seeing in this thread maybe JP should treat him like FJG treated Chad and start charging him for advertising since he certainly does allot of self promotion and business promotion. Maybe hit him up for damages due to members he's run off.

I've shot in a ton of pistol and rifle matches, I've never seen a mulligan offered or used. Him asking for that doesn't surprise me. 2 or 3 years ago he set up the first THF hunting rifle challenge and I wanted to shoot, it was a shoot what you hunt with challenge. When he found out what I was bringing he said I couldn't compete and then limited the rifles to 3000 fps or slower. I guess 257 and 300 Weatherby's aren't real hunting rifles anymore.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: VarmintSniper30] #7843916 05/18/20 10:37 PM
R
Ramball36 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I think everyone knows that Jason is Jason, and I love to poke at him on here for any reason that will get under his skin. But, this scenario to me sounds like a situation of hooking up a buddy vs. a buddy making money off of you. Those are two separate things to me personally. In my line of work for instance, if we’re buddies and you want me to spend a little time doing something to help you personally then odds are I’ll do it for free or almost free. If you keep coming to me for it and are profiting off of the favor, then the dynamic has changed and so will the price. I would think any businessman would understand the difference. If you’re selling the same thing I’m selling but you’re using me to sell it, then absolutely you’re going to pay up or it’s not going to work between us. I’m sure Garvey’s delivery wasn’t the best, but I think he’s right on this one.

He should have took is 0 like a man and never asked to redo the stage and put everybody in the position to have to say no . After his insistence people gave in to keep Harmony for the day or he would have thrown an absolute fit as he'd always does when he doesn't get his way.

It's simple he would have never done that for 90% of the people that go out there only his couple close friends would have he done that. If you don't believe that then you are lying to yourself also.

I could see this happening possibly, but I why are you waiting till now to call him out on it? What actions did you take on the day of?

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843922 05/18/20 10:44 PM
V
VarmintSniper30 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
🤔

Last edited by VarmintSniper30; 05/18/20 11:00 PM.
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: HWY_MAN] #7843936 05/18/20 10:59 PM
Shane431 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Kind of.

You're seeing what many of us have seen and pointed out for years. I called him out for what I truly believe him to be in our last conversation, no need to discuss anything with him in the future. From what I'm seeing in this thread maybe JP should treat him like FJG treated Chad and start charging him for advertising since he certainly does allot of self promotion and business promotion. Maybe hit him up for damages due to members he's run off.

I've shot in a ton of pistol and rifle matches, I've never seen a mulligan offered or used. Him asking for that doesn't surprise me. 2 or 3 years ago he set up the first THF hunting rifle challenge and I wanted to shoot, it was a shoot what you hunt with challenge. When he found out what I was bringing he said I couldn't compete and then limited the rifles to 3000 fps or slower. I guess 257 and 300 Weatherby's aren't real hunting rifles anymore.

Isn’t the 3000 FPS limit to limit damage to targets at close range? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some ranges not let you shoot 3000 FPS on any targets under 200 yards.

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843962 05/18/20 11:23 PM
P_102 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Correct, Shaner, FJG has pointed out many times that it’s not bullet weight that damages steel, it’s speed.

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843971 05/18/20 11:37 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
lol35

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: 5Redman8] #7843975 05/18/20 11:41 PM
T
Tactical Cowboy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
This got exciting

The secret to a long life is to try not to shorten it.
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: Shane431] #7843981 05/18/20 11:47 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Shaner
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Kind of.

Isn’t the 3000 FPS limit to limit damage to targets at close range? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some ranges not let you shoot 3000 FPS on any targets under 200 yards.

I don't doubt that at all but that's not the way he originally sold the idea. I'm not a plate banger, I'm a hunter, and I was bringing hunting rifles. I've got a couple of plates (Gong's) on the big ranch that have been shot at for well over 25 years with just about everything shy of a 50 cal with no permanent damage other than dimples. Ones an old separator hatch and the other came from an old pipeline across the ranch, both are inch and a half thick mild steel. I was unaware you had to worry about too much gun.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: redchevy] #7844009 05/19/20 12:08 AM
S
scottfromdallas Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Ive never been to your place and never will because I can tell from talking to you on here you and I will not get along. I got nothing against you and I try to be civil.

Pretty much sums it up for me. I was interested at one time but just been rubbed the wrong way too many times from posts on here.

Re: $135 for ONE Day of Public Range Shooting.....CRAZY [Re: Tactical Cowboy] #7844022 05/19/20 12:17 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy
This got exciting

This ain’t exciting at all. It’s F’n sad, and it has been done where the ENTIRE dam world can see. JG is right about that part. It could have been done privately. Now there are people teaming up, people are voicing their complaints publicly after ALL this time. I don’t even pretend to know the dynamic between these two and I could a rat’s hairy azz. Both were pretty much regarded badazzes in their field, and they still are but look at all this unnecessary negativity that’s been brought on them both because of it ALL being brought forth publically, nobody will benefit from any of it.

The mods should delete all of it so nobody could ever look it up ever again, due to the sheer level of crap it’s brought upon you both. A public accusation by one, and inability to refrain by the other. Nevermind my opinions because they don’t mean anything anyway but y’all are pro’s and I look up to ya both. Quit it

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide