THF Celebrity
S
Pretty good up

Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7753944 02/23/20 02:37 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The sequel movie will be based on Coronavirus, but will be called Heineken's Revenge. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7753951 02/23/20 02:47 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Jojo rabbit was pretty good

Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7754025 02/23/20 04:56 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I disagree. Thought it was a bad movie. Similar in vein to American beauty, another award winner I did not like.

I do not generally like dark contemporary movies where there is no light at the end of the tunnel, and both parasite and AB were that to me.

Just my personal opinion. I know everyone’s tastes are different.

Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: Texas buckeye] #7754077 02/23/20 01:19 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
I disagree. Thought it was a bad movie. Similar in vein to American beauty, another award winner I did not like.

I do not generally like dark contemporary movies where there is no light at the end of the tunnel, and both parasite and AB were that to me.

Its one of these movies you can only watch one time after you know the outcome. You will never see this movie over and over again such as shawshank, forrest gump and many others. It has been an extremely cheap movie to make (11 million) as

everything is filmed in the same house with cheap actors. Avatar production cost was 237 million.

To win the oscars with such a ridiculous low budget is extremely difficult.

Last edited by beaversnipe; 02/23/20 01:25 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7754089 02/23/20 01:36 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I wasn’t happy about all captions movie night but it ended up really being good.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7754301 02/23/20 06:39 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by beaversnipe

Its one of these movies you can only watch one time after you know the outcome. You will never see this movie over and over again such as shawshank, forrest gump and many others. It has been an extremely cheap movie to make (11 million) as

everything is filmed in the same house with cheap actors. Avatar production cost was 237 million.

To win the oscars with such a ridiculous low budget is extremely difficult.

Impressive as the low budget was, I go to movies for entertainment value and that movie left me with a bad taste. Let me explain why:

The movie is supposed to be a commentary about how high income and low income earners are so different and the high income folks don’t care at all about low income people. Couple that with the play on chaos theory, predestination and determinism mixed in with the seemingly high leave of “intelligence” of some members of the family and you get the feeling life has just not been fair to this family and specifically they deserve better. This is exemplified by the son’s failed plans in life and the fathers “lack of plans” and how life just isn’t fair to some people (and I don’t disagree with that). Where I fell off the bandwagon was the ending where the son makes a plan, and it shows it come to fruition, only to segue back to reality and show that his next plan for life is doomed for failure just like all the rest of his plans and his dads “I don’t make plans because chaos always happens” ends the movie on a dark side with no light at the end of the tunnel. No hope may jive with a secular view of the world and I would agree the world is increasingly secular (more so in Southeast Asia I have been told) but from a Christian standpoint there is always hope and the chance for a new beginning. I just took issue with the bleak outlook on humans and life this movie portrays.

There were parts of the movie that I found funny, and I found the “semi-basement”
Culture of South Korea interesting to see, but there is a reason we all know that really smart person who can’t seem to get out of their own way to make it in the world, and this movie reminded me of just those people who have some form of intelligence (book smarts or street smarts or mechanical smarts) but not a lot of other forms of intelligence (business smarts or social smarts or whatever) and can’t parlay that one form of intelligence into success.

Wasn’t the worst movie I have seen, but certainly wasn’t even in the top 100, and increasingly I see the academy award winners as loser movies with a bleak outlook on life. I think that is a comment more about the status of Hollywood than anything else. The voters probably have very dull lives with little meaning, so movies that resonate with them will be movies that challenge their existence or look down upon certain sections of the population they loathe...despite them being upper income earners they think the ya re different from the “real” upper class because they are enlightened, and in response movies like parasite win all kinds of awards for the disdain the award voters have on life in general. Hollyweird for sure.

If I am missing something in my analysis of the movie please enlighten me, I am no movie critic and I don’t read anything about movies to know what they are supposed to mean. Or if you have different opinions about things please respond.

Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: Texas buckeye] #7754362 02/23/20 08:03 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Thats a lot of words. You lost me at "the movie is supposed to be a commentary blah blah blah" It is a movie, watch it for entertainment. A movie is supposed to be entertaining, thats it. If you are watching to get great meaning, you are watching movies wrong.

[quote=beaversnipe]

Impressive as the low budget was, I go to movies for entertainment value and that movie left me with a bad taste. Let me explain why:

The movie is supposed to be a commentary about how high income and low income earners are so different and the high income folks don’t care at all about low income people. Couple that with the play on chaos theory, predestination and determinism mixed in with the seemingly high leave of “intelligence” of some members of the family and you get the feeling life has just not been fair to this family and specifically they deserve better. This is exemplified by the son’s failed plans in life and the fathers “lack of plans” and how life just isn’t fair to some people (and I don’t disagree with that). Where I fell off the bandwagon was the ending where the son makes a plan, and it shows it come to fruition, only to segue back to reality and show that his next plan for life is doomed for failure just like all the rest of his plans and his dads “I don’t make plans because chaos always happens” ends the movie on a dark side with no light at the end of the tunnel. No hope may jive with a secular view of the world and I would agree the world is increasingly secular (more so in Southeast Asia I have been told) but from a Christian standpoint there is always hope and the chance for a new beginning. I just took issue with the bleak outlook on humans and life this movie portrays.

There were parts of the movie that I found funny, and I found the “semi-basement”
Culture of South Korea interesting to see, but there is a reason we all know that really smart person who can’t seem to get out of their own way to make it in the world, and this movie reminded me of just those people who have some form of intelligence (book smarts or street smarts or mechanical smarts) but not a lot of other forms of intelligence (business smarts or social smarts or whatever) and can’t parlay that one form of intelligence into success.

Wasn’t the worst movie I have seen, but certainly wasn’t even in the top 100, and increasingly I see the academy award winners as loser movies with a bleak outlook on life. I think that is a comment more about the status of Hollywood than anything else. The voters probably have very dull lives with little meaning, so movies that resonate with them will be movies that challenge their existence or look down upon certain sections of the population they loathe...despite them being upper income earners they think the ya re different from the “real” upper class because they are enlightened, and in response movies like parasite win all kinds of awards for the disdain the award voters have on life in general. Hollyweird for sure.

If I am missing something in my analysis of the movie please enlighten me, I am no movie critic and I don’t read anything about movies to know what they are supposed to mean. Or if you have different opinions about things please respond.

[Linked Image]
Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7754363 02/23/20 08:06 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
About the movie, it was good. Not great or anything. ITs not one I would watch again. IF you looks back at the last 7 years of best picture winners, there is only one movie on the list that is worth watching more than once. Ive always thought it was funny that the movies that usually win best picture are movies that don't make a lot of money, and the vast majority of people would not watch a second time. While movies you can watch over and over and make huge amounts of money win nothing.

[Linked Image]
Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7754376 02/23/20 08:31 PM
pertnear Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Online Content
"Demolition Man"
I saw this thread & it piqued my interest being the first I've heard of this movie. I looked it up & watched the trailer. Is it totally closed caption, no English speaking?

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.” - George Orwell
Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7754386 02/23/20 08:43 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Nathan, the post is about entertainment, either be entertained by it or move on.lol

Anyway, see my first post in this thread, said I didn’t like it and moved on. Someone responded and that diatribe was my response back. Sorry I was too long winded for you confused2

Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: pertnear] #7754389 02/23/20 08:44 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by pertnear
I saw this thread & it piqued my interest being the first I've heard of this movie. I looked it up & watched the trailer. Is it totally closed caption, no English speaking?

No English, all captions. Didn’t take away from the movie at all in my opinion though.

Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: Texas buckeye] #7754425 02/23/20 09:25 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by pertnear

No English, all captions. Didn’t take away from the movie at all in my opinion though.

That didn't bother me like I was worried it would. You cant be messing around on the internet or anything as you need to actually watch the movie to read the subtitles but after the first ten minutes or so, it kind of became normal.

[Linked Image]
Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: S.A. hunter] #7755125 02/24/20 04:53 PM
M
MO Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Jojo rabbit was pretty good

I thought Parasite was excellent , Jo Jo was horrible. I laughed maybe twice , end was sad, kid finally learned to tie shoes , give me my
money back on that one.

Mo

MY BACKYARD , 20,000 ACRES , NO MOWING smile

Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: Nathan at Fork] #7755231 02/24/20 06:24 PM
S
Son of a Blitch Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork
About the movie, it was good. Not great or anything. ITs not one I would watch again. IF you looks back at the last 7 years of best picture winners, there is only one movie on the list that is worth watching more than once. Ive always thought it was funny that the movies that usually win best picture are movies that don't make a lot of money, and the vast majority of people would not watch a second time. While movies you can watch over and over and make huge amounts of money win nothing.

What winning movie do you feel is worth watching more than once?

George Blitch
george@mapmyranch.com
www.SonofaBlitch.com
www.MapMyRanch.com
www.YouTube.com/@sonofablitch
"Keep your aim as true as your word" - GB
Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7755271 02/24/20 06:56 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Argo- 2012
Green book- 2018 (had no idea this was a best picture winner)

Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7755288 02/24/20 07:06 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Three that I never get tired of watching......Sargent York, The Man who would be King, Lawrence of Arabia

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: beaversnipe] #7755316 02/24/20 07:28 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
But then what does this guy know , his vernacular is of low class to some.

[Linked Image]
Re: Oscar winning Parasite movie [Re: Son of a Blitch] #7755329 02/24/20 07:35 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Son of a Blitch
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork

What winning movie do you feel is worth watching more than once?

Will watch Gladiator about any time it comes on. Great period piece flick.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide