Forums46
Topics538,041
Posts9,732,264
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7753249 02/22/20 04:53 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Religion, and science are based on two different things.

That is correct, assuming that the religion is based on the one, true God. One is based on fact, and the other is based on theory.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Mickey Moose] #7753262 02/22/20 05:26 AM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Science answers the questions of what and how. Religion answers the questions of who and why.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Winston Churchill
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: missingAK] #7753271 02/22/20 05:38 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by missingAK
Just to be clear, I actually think the "big bang theory" is a pretty good theory based on what can be observed about the universe. The reason scientists are so stuck on this theory now is because they recognize, logically, that EVERYTHING cannot have come from NOTHING. There has to be a starting point and that starting point has to be eternal or "just always there".

For the Theist, the eternal, self existing creator created everything else (outside of itself) out of nothing by divine power.
For the Atheist, the eternal, self existing matter created everything else (including itself) out of nothing by random chance. (remember scientific laws, ie thermodynamics, entropy, gravity, etc) were also non-existent until they "were".

The most logical answer is a creator. The most logical creator is a self existent, eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent Creator. If that creator spoke things into existence out of nothing...it makes sense that we might observe creation "emanating" out from a central point.

That there was nothing, and then "bang" there was everything, is actually pretty Biblical

Great post.

Also, consider that God doesn't necessarily want us to be able to explain every detail of creation and the Earth in a perfectly scientific way....that would eliminate the need for faith. But, he also designed things so that through science it points to a divine Creator, not away from one.

To be fair, I always wondered how to explain the Earth's timeline in regards to dinosaurs, mainly because I think dinosaurs are cool, but I guess I'll get the answer when my time here is done. Some things man is just not capable of understanding, and that is also how God made it, and I am fine with that.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7753278 02/22/20 05:48 AM
B
Blue Moon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Bluemoon what do you know about Hiawatha?

I’m certainly no expert and have no dog in the hunt. Again, I'm a Believer but like many, I’ve read about the 5 tribes and the legend of the Great Peacemaker, that range from a virgin birth, prophecies, and even influencing our founding fathers. I’m familiar with the Wampum belt and Longfellow’s poem.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Blue Moon] #7753282 02/22/20 06:08 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Blue Moon

I’m certainly no expert and have no dog in the hunt. Again, I'm a Believer but like many, I’ve read about the 5 tribes and the legend of the Great Peacemaker, that range from a virgin birth, prophecies, and even influencing our founding fathers. I’m familiar with the Wampum belt and Longfellow’s poem.

Sorry I meant the Hiawatha impact site in Greenland. Just thought maybe you may have some insight since you are into the cosmos.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 02/22/20 06:09 AM.
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7753290 02/22/20 07:47 AM
B
Blue Moon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Blue Moon

Sorry I meant the Hiawatha impact site in Greenland. Just thought maybe you may have some insight since you are into the cosmos.

So interesting and apologies to the OP for heading Off Topic.. While I haven’t done any specific research regarding the Hiawatha glacier or the impact crater, coincidently I have been researching what is known as Younger Dryas, the last sudden near ice age that occured about 12,000 years ago. It’s noteworthy because it occurred unnaturally, immediately after a warming trend that caused the last major North American glacier movement about 14,000 years ago. It's possible they are related.

Last year I purchased a glacier lake campground in the upper midwest so we’d have a reason to escape the dog days of summer in Texas. There are over 100 glacier lakes in the region so I naturally became interested in glaciers so that led me down this rabbit hole.

Most of my recent research is related to the increase in allergies in the last 100 years and the correlation of rising pollen levels. To better understand pollen levels, I’ve been studying historic pollen levels over the last 14,000 years.

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: missingAK] #7753326 02/22/20 12:47 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
[Linked Image]

Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: Mickey Moose] #7753404 02/22/20 02:44 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Younger dryas, and the mass extinction of all the megafauna, and the Clovis people is intriguing. Its amazing that there isn't more research being done on an event that we might see again. You would think we would want to know what happen, or at least try and explain it. If something like that would happen today, it would send mankind back to the dark ages.

It's hard to believe that two mile high glaciers once layed upon North America, and sea levels were 300 ft lower, and that it happen relatively recently, and all went away so fast. Ice cores are very interesting it's amazing that they can be traced back 800000 years, like little time capsules.

We know so little, about everything.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 02/22/20 02:47 PM.
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: DocHorton] #7753569 02/22/20 06:03 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by DocHorton

Great post.

Also, consider that God doesn't necessarily want us to be able to explain every detail of creation and the Earth in a perfectly scientific way....that would eliminate the need for faith. But, he also designed things so that through science it points to a divine Creator, not away from one.

To be fair, I always wondered how to explain the Earth's timeline in regards to dinosaurs, mainly because I think dinosaurs are cool, but I guess I'll get the answer when my time here is done. Some things man is just not capable of understanding, and that is also how God made it, and I am fine with that.

Something I've always wondered is the age of the earth as well.
I've had the thought that those first 7 days could of been millions of years apart. Yes, the bible said 7 days, but God's time isn't the same as ours.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: What do you think was happening before the Big Bang? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7753621 02/22/20 07:07 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Originally Posted by DocHorton

Great post.

Something I've always wondered is the age of the earth as well.
I've had the thought that those first 7 days could of been millions of years apart. Yes, the bible said 7 days, but God's time isn't the same as ours.

He explains the day with the rising and the setting of the sun. That’s clearly one day in our terms.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide