Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,021
Posts9,731,917
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's #7742260 02/10/20 06:06 PM
T
Tin Head Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Two "men" fighting over a stuffed animal. More gun violence I guess.

DALLAS - A North Texas doctor is recovering after he was shot twice in the leg at a North Dallas Dave & Buster’s Sunday afternoon.

His relatives said he was an innocent bystander to an argument between others over a stuffed toy.At the time of the shooting, the restaurant was full of parents and children, who ran for cover.

“All the employees were trying to get us out of the building to a safe area. A lot of people went through the kitchen,” Carlos Pichardo said.

It was tense moments inside the Dave & Busters near N. Central Expressway and Walnut Hill Lane, as family fun turned to violence.

Gunfire shattering the front windows.

Dr. Carlos Chapa was shot twice in the leg, and paramedics treated him for non-life threatening injuries. His family said he was released from the hospital Sunday night.

“Next thing I know, I'm trying to purchase something with my kids and shots start going. I cover my kids first and then I run out there because it's my dad right there, and it's my brother who got hit on the leg,” the victim’s brother recalled.

The restaurant was full of people just after 2 p.m. when police said two adults got into an argument and decided to take the fight outside.

On the way out the door, they said the suspect turned around and opened fire, striking Chapa.

His relatives said he was not the intended target and was not part of the initial dispute.

Witnesses said the argument was over a child's stuffed toy.

“I was hoping and praying for an emergency exit, and luckily, when I opened it, the siren went off and signaled. And I was screaming for people to run because they were just playing games and didn't know what was happening,” the victim’s sister, Katherine Martinez, said.

“I first saw a group of people running and I thought, ‘Are they playing tag?’ And then I saw more people running and I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, what's happening,’” said Alisha Wilson, who was celebrating her 10th birthday.

Wilson and her father, Kirk, hid in a closet, securing the door the best they could.

“I try to find some kind of cable to hold the door to keep it from swinging out,” Kirk Wilson said.
Others ran outside.

“First thought was grab the kids and get them out the door, and not knowing where one of them was a little panicky for a moment, but I think we all did a really good job. All the families go together and started counting kids,” Belinda Young said.

“You are not safe anywhere. That's just the world, and the earlier you figure that out, the better,” Pichardo added.

Police said that a suspect was taken into custody, but that person has not yet been identified.

[Linked Image]
Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Tin Head] #7742282 02/10/20 06:24 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
I can’t believe this happened in Dallas, such a nice city

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Tin Head] #7742285 02/10/20 06:28 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
bang

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Tin Head] #7742329 02/10/20 07:04 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Wow my wife and I go here sometimes. Last time we were there the service was terrible and it was packed with sketchy looking people. We haven't been back.

[Linked Image]

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: KRoyal] #7742336 02/10/20 07:08 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Wow my wife and I go here sometimes. Last time we were there the service was terrible and it was packed with sketchy looking people. We haven't been back.

Smart move.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Tin Head] #7742339 02/10/20 07:12 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm sure it was a couple of sketchy people who would start shooting over a stupid stuffed animal. SMDH

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Tin Head] #7742365 02/10/20 07:28 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
This is why I carry. When someone starts shooting at my family, I'm shooting back.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Mr. T.] #7742372 02/10/20 07:33 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
All yall start running, dropping chit and I'm gonna be picking me up some sweeeeeet swag

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Tin Head] #7742392 02/10/20 07:59 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Stay out of Dallas.
Problem solved.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: reeltexan] #7742394 02/10/20 08:03 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Stay out of Dallas.
Problem solved.

I'm wondering where is left for people to go that the bad doesn't follow right behind them.

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Mr. T.] #7742399 02/10/20 08:07 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Mr. T.
This is why I carry. When someone starts shooting at my family, I'm shooting back.

My thoughts exactly.

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Tin Head] #7742456 02/10/20 09:23 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Tin Head

DALLAS - A North Texas doctor is recovering after he was shot twice in the leg at a North Dallas Dave & Buster’s Sunday afternoon.

His relatives said he was an innocent bystander to an argument between others over a stuffed toy.At the time of the shooting, the restaurant was full of parents and children, who ran for cover.

“All the employees were trying to get us out of the building to a safe area. A lot of people went through the kitchen,” Carlos Pichardo said.

It was tense moments inside the Dave & Busters near N. Central Expressway and Walnut Hill Lane, as family fun turned to violence.

Dr. Carlos Chapa was shot twice in the leg, and paramedics treated him for non-life threatening injuries. His family said he was released from the hospital Sunday night.

“Next thing I know, I'm trying to purchase something with my kids and shots start going. I cover my kids first and then I run out there because it's my dad right there, and it's my brother who got hit on the leg,” the victim’s brother recalled.

The restaurant was full of people just after 2 p.m. when police said two adults got into an argument and decided to take the fight outside.

On the way out the door, they said the suspect turned around and opened fire, striking Chapa.

His relatives said he was not the intended target and was not part of the initial dispute.

“I was hoping and praying for an emergency exit, and luckily, when I opened it, the siren went off and signaled. And I was screaming for people to run because they were just playing games and didn't know what was happening,” the victim’s sister, Katherine Martinez, said.

“I first saw a group of people running and I thought, ‘Are they playing tag?’ And then I saw more people running and I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, what's happening,’” said Alisha Wilson, who was celebrating her 10th birthday.

Wilson and her father, Kirk, hid in a closet, securing the door the best they could.

“I try to find some kind of cable to hold the door to keep it from swinging out,” Kirk Wilson said.
Others ran outside.

“First thought was grab the kids and get them out the door, and not knowing where one of them was a little panicky for a moment, but I think we all did a really good job. All the families go together and started counting kids,” Belinda Young said.

“You are not safe anywhere. That's just the world, and the earlier you figure that out, the better,” Pichardo added.

Police said that a suspect was taken into custody, but that person has not yet been identified.

A Marine medic huh? The Marines don't have "medics" they have Corpsmen. Maybe he was just trying to go there to inform the uninformed.

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Cool Mo D] #7742516 02/10/20 10:30 PM
T
Tin Head Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Cool Mo D

Others ran outside.

A Marine medic huh? The Marines don't have "medics" they have Corpsmen. Maybe he was just trying to go there to inform the uninformed.

Some thing didnt sit right with me either with this story.

[Linked Image]
Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Tin Head] #7742548 02/10/20 10:58 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Some friends were in town several years ago, and we met them at this location on a Saturday night. I almost never go to Dallas, but we went as we thought it would be a good location for entertaining all of the kids, while also fun for the adults. Nope - clientele was pretty iffy, I was sure my car would be broken into in the parking lot (fortunately it wasn't), and we decided to cut evening a bit short. Haven't been back...and this incident validates my decision.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Brother in-law] #7742634 02/11/20 12:33 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Brother in-law
I can’t believe this happened in Dallas, such a nice city

This.

Such a nice city to stroll down the potholes with your kiddos on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

The only thing dallas did nicely, is to add toll roads so you can get out FAST

Last edited by beaversnipe; 02/11/20 12:35 AM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Dalroo] #7742637 02/11/20 12:36 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Dalroo
Some friends were in town several years ago, and we met them at this location on a Saturday night. I almost never go to Dallas, but we went as we thought it would be a good location for entertaining all of the kids, while also fun for the adults. Nope - clientele was pretty iffy, I was sure my car would be broken into in the parking lot (fortunately it wasn't), and we decided to cut evening a bit short. Haven't been back...and this incident validates my decision.

Well articulated.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Dalroo] #7742639 02/11/20 12:37 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Dalroo

Most of those kinds of places have been overrun by people I have a hard time understanding.

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Tin Head] #7742809 02/11/20 06:58 AM
S
sweetwood Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Cool Mo D

Some thing didnt sit right with me either with this story.

From https://aimcdfw.com/about-us/bio/

Dr. Carlos Chapa is a U.S. Navy Veteran & Proudly served as a Corpsman (Marine Medic) from 1995-2004. Hospital Corpsmen are also known as “Docs” since they are the primary medical providers on the field. He provided battlefield first-aid and medical treatment to U.S. Marines and worked in several Emergency Rooms where he learned the foundations of Western medicine. Carlos learned many aspects of Emergency Medicine and loved helping the sick and injured, however, he felt that treating the disease rather than the person is where “modern” allopathic medicine falls short, especially for treating chronic conditions.

[Linked Image]

Re: Innocent bystander shot during argument at Dallas Dave & Buster's [Re: Tin Head] #7743095 02/11/20 06:29 PM
T
Tin Head Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
thanks for the info, it helps . I also thought it very coinky dinky that the guy was firing willy nilly but hit him twice , in the same leg, in the same general area. Even sound like he was struck by ricochets of the ground . I guess anything is possible.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide