Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722164 01/19/20 01:34 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
He's a handsome boy!

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722205 01/19/20 02:46 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I see Husky, Akita, and German Shepherd. Nothing more loyal than a good dog!

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Smokey Bear] #7722217 01/19/20 02:54 PM
glens Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear

Well maybe a good kitty cat.

[Linked Image]
cool2

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722239 01/19/20 03:19 PM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
These DNA test are only as reliable as when they were able to gather a profile on these breeds.

So they can't really tell you for certain everything in your dog's lineage especially if you are trying to determine if you are trying to determine if your dog is purebred.

They even say in the fine print they are not 100% accurate.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722288 01/19/20 04:06 PM
H
Hooker Offline
Patriarch
Patriarch
H
Had two Akitas while in Japan, tail says a lot, Fantastic animal

"Happiness is more important then spilled jelly"

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722308 01/19/20 04:30 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: BradyBuck] #7722338 01/19/20 05:04 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Looks more like 100% Super Mutt!
Should have saved the $$ and just got your opinion, you pretty much nailed it up

Originally Posted by glens
Stub that Boy Looks like a Shephard I had years ago. Betcha He's just as spoiled as Honkey was.

Might be spoiled just a little laugh

Originally Posted by snake oil
He's a handsome boy!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by BradyBuck
These DNA test are only as reliable as when they were able to gather a profile on these breeds.

So they can't really tell you for certain everything in your dog's lineage especially if you are trying to determine if you are trying to determine if your dog is purebred.

They even say in the fine print they are not 100% accurate.

I understand and never expected them to say he was 100% or even 70% of any one breed. When I see the percentages they have of certain dogs in him it is hard to Fathom that they really have a clue.

What I anticipated was results from dogs with a lot of similarities whether it was a mix of 2 or 4 different breeds, not saying that is realistic for a dog can have many, many breeds mixed in and look like one certain breed.

Keep in mind Luke has a Curly Tail, fairly short haired, pointed ears (maybe cropped as a pup?) and sharp angular face and head features, oh by the way he is pretty much solid White with just a few tan spots on him, maybe Golden Retriever or GS??

Like Embarks results?

Great Pyrenees 35.9% I can believe a decent % of that but their ears are floppy, round heads, have longer/ heavy fur and Straight Tails, next Golden Retriever 14.1% Gold in color not white and another round headed dog with floppy ears, long hair coat and a Straight Tail , next one Australian Cattle dog a lot smaller and dark body colors oh and another Straight Tail.

Lukes most obvious appearance traits would be that of a GS or Husky type dog and look how low the % are on what appears to be the obvious.

Then Chow which we have had two of, they have long thick fur with black tongue and usually Black or Red with a few Dirty Blondes??

Rottweiler give me a break another Black and Brown coat, rounded head stubby snout.

Mixed Breed
35.9% Great Pyrenees

14.1% Golden Retriever
12.7% Australian Cattle Dog

11.8% Siberian Husky
7.4% German Shepherd Dog

7.2% Chow Chow
3.9% Rottweiler

7.0% Supermutt

The wife took a great picture of Luke and with her IPhone changed it to Black and White.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Stub; 01/19/20 05:52 PM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722360 01/19/20 05:27 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Thanks for posting this, you saved me the $50 or whatever it is to do the character on the left. There's alot in that man... Lab, Mastiff, Pit, Sharpei (per the Vet) and who knows what else.

[Linked Image]

Charlie

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722391 01/19/20 05:56 PM
F
fredeboy Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
F
We adopted Ranger when he was a year old. Knew he was a beautiful dog when I first saw him but no idea if full blood. A large number of people would comment he looked like he was part wolf. After a couple of comments by my wife I decided to surprise her for Christmas with his dna. Did my research and at that time I only found one company that said they had wolf genes as part of their pool. Ordered the kit, waited till my wife was gone shopping, then had a talk with Ranger about how I needed to swab his cheek for his momma present. Not the easiest thing I have attempted but we got it done without getting bit! Sent it off and few weeks later got a really nicely done presentation that said 100% German Shepherd. Made a great present!
[Linked Image]

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: CharlieCTx] #7722405 01/19/20 06:03 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
Thanks for posting this, you saved me the $50 or whatever it is to do the character on the left. There's alot in that man... Lab, Mastiff, Pit, Sharpei (per the Vet) and who knows what else.

[Linked Image]

Charlie

Good looking pups Charlie up The one on the left looks like a character I would not want to mess with nuts The one on the right looks like a sweetheart?

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: fredeboy] #7722406 01/19/20 06:05 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by fredeboy
We adopted Ranger when he was a year old. Knew he was a beautiful dog when I first saw him but no idea if full blood. A large number of people would comment he looked like he was part wolf. After a couple of comments by my wife I decided to surprise her for Christmas with his dna. Did my research and at that time I only found one company that said they had wolf genes as part of their pool. Ordered the kit, waited till my wife was gone shopping, then had a talk with Ranger about how I needed to swab his cheek for his momma present. Not the easiest thing I have attempted but we got it done without getting bit! Sent it off and few weeks later got a really nicely done presentation that said 100% German Shepherd. Made a great present!
[Linked Image]

Handsome boy right there and what a classic name for a GS Ranger up

Last edited by Stub; 01/19/20 06:05 PM.

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722412 01/19/20 06:10 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Stub
Good looking pups Charlie up The one on the left looks like a character I would not want to mess with nuts The one on the right looks like a sweetheart?

Looks are very deceiving... in a tense situation, I'd take the yellow dog all day long. Major ain't the bravest man. smile
Great products of the Dallas Animal Shelter, you can truly find ANYTHING you want there. Please give them a look if you're looking for a dog, but be forewarned this is what happens when you go looking for (1).

Charlie

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: CharlieCTx] #7722426 01/19/20 06:19 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

Looks are very deceiving... in a tense situation, I'd take the yellow dog all day long. Major ain't the bravest man. smile
Great products of the Dallas Animal Shelter, you can truly find ANYTHING you want there. Please give them a look if you're looking for a dog, but be forewarned this is what happens when you go looking for (1).

Charlie

Luke was a rescue pup also that had been in 7 different homes or rescue centers up in the Farmersville area. He was 6 months old weighed around 40- 45 lbs, flea infested pup that had issues so we got along fine roflmao Turned out to be a great companion, I am still a work in progress hammer

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722450 01/19/20 06:44 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
You have to have a lot of gun dogs tested to get them registered.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: bill oxner] #7722452 01/19/20 06:46 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bill oxner

My nephew loves that show

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722470 01/19/20 07:12 PM
F
fredeboy Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
F

Charlie

Luke was a rescue pup also that had been in 7 different homes or rescue centers up in the Farmersville area. He was 6 months old weighed around 40- 45 lbs, flea infested pup that had issues so we got along fine roflmao Turned out to be a great companion, I am still a work in progress hammer

Why so many Stub?

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: glens] #7722487 01/19/20 07:43 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by glens
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear

Well maybe a good kitty cat.

[Linked Image]
cool2

Have you ever heard someone say " I've got the best dog. He acts just like a cat"?

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: fredeboy] #7722559 01/19/20 09:11 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by fredeboy

Charlie

Why so many Stub?

Not completely sure but my understanding was he was adopted by 3 different families and was bounced from shelter to shelter in between.
When we first brought him home he was already house broken and would sit on command. Problems right off the bat, when we would go for walks he would try and attack people on bicycles, people wearing dark clothing with hats, he would go after big trucks and he hated being petted under his chin/neck area. He no longer attacks trucks, people in dark clothes or bicycles. More tolerant of people who try and pet under his chin but will let you know pdq when to back off.

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: Dog DNA Test [Re: Stub] #7722616 01/19/20 10:02 PM
F
fredeboy Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
F
I can see how those traits would require someone with a firm hand and a commitment to not fail. Congrats cheers

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide