Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7709682 01/06/20 08:35 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
It's all around us..... no matter where you go.

Factually untrue.......there are many places you can go that are much safer and have law and order.......what I don't understand is how any father or mother would put their kids in this environment simply to save money........it's one thing to decide to take the risk for yourself quite another when your number one priority should be to keep your kids as safe as possible, you do that by putting the odds in your favor as much as you can IMO....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: DocHorton] #7709724 01/06/20 09:12 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by DocHorton

Yep. Anyone who thinks Mexico is just as safe as anywhere in the U.S. is ignoring reality. Mexico has 5 of the top 6 cities in the world in murder rate, and 9 of the top 20, including Cancun and Acapulco. The U.S. has one in the top 20. The murder rate in Mexico is 5 times what it is in the U.S.

Yep, and to argue otherwise is utter foolishness. Drugs, and drug lords rule MX, period.

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7709761 01/06/20 09:40 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
It's all around us..... no matter where you go.

Factually untrue.......there are many places you can go that are much safer and have law and order.......what I don't understand is how any father or mother would put their kids in this environment simply to save money........it's one thing to decide to take the risk for yourself quite another when your number one priority should be to keep your kids as safe as possible, you do that by putting the odds in your favor as much as you can IMO....

Lol, "save money"?

Factually untrue that death is all around us?

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Choctaw] #7709768 01/06/20 09:48 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Have stories from 20 years ago down southwest of Dryden. You didn't want to be out and about after dark because of the "coyotes". Border Patrol made it a habit in stopping by camp and warning us every year.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Halfadozen] #7709835 01/06/20 10:31 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Halfadozen
Have stories from 20 years ago down southwest of Dryden. You didn't want to be out and about after dark because of the "coyotes". Border Patrol made it a habit in stopping by camp and warning us every year.

I actually hunt on the boarder, never had a problem......

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Choctaw] #7709846 01/06/20 10:39 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Half-dozen he just called you a liar.

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: dogcatcher] #7709849 01/06/20 10:42 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ld-shot-killed-3-others-hurt/2822770001/

CIUDAD VICTORIA, Tamaulipas – An American family returning to the U.S. after a holiday visit to Mexico came under attack just south of Texas on Saturday night, with armed gunmen killing a 13-year-old and wounding three other people.
The attorney general's office in the state of Tamaulipas said the child was a U.S. citizen and that the parents were permanent residents of the U.S. They did not release the victims' names.
The family was traveling in a Chevrolet SUV with Oklahoma state plates, returning from a holiday visit to relatives in the state of San Luis Potosi.
The highway on which they were shot is considered high risk. It runs through an area that's disputed by criminal groups, including the Gulf Cartel and Zetas. The road connects the city of Mier with Nueva Ciudad Guerrero, on the banks of the Rio Grande across the U.S.–Mexico border from Falcon Heights, Texas.
That's been a known hotspot for years and I would have to think these people would know it. I wonder why they didn't cross at Roma, which is considerably safer?

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Texan Til I Die] #7709882 01/06/20 11:12 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ld-shot-killed-3-others-hurt/2822770001/

CIUDAD VICTORIA, Tamaulipas – An American family returning to the U.S. after a holiday visit to Mexico came under attack just south of Texas on Saturday night, with armed gunmen killing a 13-year-old and wounding three other people.
The attorney general's office in the state of Tamaulipas said the child was a U.S. citizen and that the parents were permanent residents of the U.S. They did not release the victims' names.
The family was traveling in a Chevrolet SUV with Oklahoma state plates, returning from a holiday visit to relatives in the state of San Luis Potosi.
The highway on which they were shot is considered high risk. It runs through an area that's disputed by criminal groups, including the Gulf Cartel and Zetas. The road connects the city of Mier with Nueva Ciudad Guerrero, on the banks of the Rio Grande across the U.S.–Mexico border from Falcon Heights, Texas.
That's been a known hotspot for years and I would have to think these people would know it. I wonder why they didn't cross at Roma, which is considerably safer?

Originally Posted by Tin Head
this was likely a intentional hit. Maybe knew to much , maybe double crossed some one. Maybe these adults were not as clean as we think. Julian labron , a cousin of one of the moms killed was included in a recruiting video for nxivm. Nxivm was in the news for running a child sex ring out of mexico.

[Linked Image]
Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Choctaw] #7710247 01/07/20 09:35 AM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Elect a President who platform is to get rid of drug dealers.

This guy don't play

[Linked Image]

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Choctaw] #7710829 01/07/20 08:58 PM
JDP Ranch Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I've been to Mexico quite a few times in the past several years. I spent 2 months in Mexico City last year and traveled to several states nearby. I've also vacationed in Cancun/Cozumel every year for the past few years. Not a single time did I feel nervous in any areas I visited.

Obviously, there are places that are dangerous and shouldn't be visited... but that's like anywhere in the world. If you look at the statistics from the U.S. Department of State from 2017 - 2018... there were 35 million Americans who visited Mexico and only 238 deaths with the majority being from drowning, vehicle accidents, or suicide. Most of these deaths were in border cities in states that citizens shouldn't travel to anyway.

Heck, I traveled to Munich, Germany for work after a trip to Mexico and felt uncomfortable as soon as I exited the main train station to head to my hotel across the street. Hadn't had an uneasy feeling like that in a long time. Felt like I was in the middle east. Similar story on another business trip to Athens, Greece. Never stay near the "city square" in Athens, heh.

That said... there are parts of Mexico I wouldn't travel to... just like there are parts of Houston or Dallas I wouldn't travel to... but it's not as bad as the media makes it out to be. Also, look at any article that talks about crime in tourist areas and you'll notice that the majority of troubles happen on the outskirts of the cities and are cartel-on-cartel violence. The media really skews the public perception of Mexico as a whole.

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Choctaw] #7710881 01/07/20 09:58 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Anyone else seen parts of Lara Logan, think that’s correct, reporting on Mexico? She says that Mexico and the criminals/cartels are worst in world and connected to 50 nations and control crime and drugs more than any other.
She is convincing.

Proverbs 2
Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7710886 01/07/20 10:07 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Halfadozen

I actually hunt on the boarder, never had a problem......

Glad you haven't sir, but it is real - all depends on access points from the Rio.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: ducknbass] #7710887 01/07/20 10:08 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Half-dozen he just called you a liar.

Not really, just his own experience and glad he hasn't had any issues

-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Sniper.270] #7710892 01/07/20 10:11 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Lara is the real thing.........she knows moslems(she was raped) and is learning cartels fast. Mexico and south America no Bueno due to the worlds love of shoving chit up their nose and loving young children..........female and male

The cartels are taking over USA cities. Even the blacks are scared of them. and rightly so.

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Choctaw] #7716789 01/13/20 10:36 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by jetdad
I took the kids to Cozumel this past summer to get scuba certification. We had a great time and I never felt uneasy the entire trip. I was all puckered up at first, but it was unwarranted. Sure, I kept my guard up, but no more than if I was Dallas. We were in a very nice hotel with good security and restricted access, but we left the resort many times to eat, shop and do our diving stuff. I'd go back. Cozumel is not know for high crime. You couldn't get me to go to some of the border towns Mexico City or even Mazatlán. I used to go fishing in Mazatlan many years ago but would not venture there now because of cartel activity. I have no desire to go to Chicago either. Bad people are everywhere.

Comparing any American city to Mexico probably isn't a good comparison.

Oklahoma teen killed

you ever been to Hearne, Tx?

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: Navasot] #7716796 01/13/20 10:45 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
My family is from Hearne.............what are you implying Cant get Right?

Re: Mexico is safe? [Re: fadetoblack64] #7716802 01/13/20 10:56 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
rofl

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide