Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? #7704481 01/01/20 09:40 PM
janie Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
How often does the TSA pull you aside for a full body pat down? My husband and I flew out of Love field and zero issues. None. Went thru x-ray and headed to our gate. Return flight was a humdinger. I went thru x-ray and the guy says "wait here"

Calls over a female TSA employee and she tells me that, we didn't like what we saw, and a full body pat down is on it's way. She asks if it's alright do so where we're at, and I reply absolutely.

She explains that it could be the stitching in my jeans, the metal tab's, blah blah blah.

So after getting groped, I'm told to hold out my palms. They are now testing me for explosives. I passed. roflmao

I guess the biggest kicker to me about all of this, is I was wearing the exact same clothing I wore for the flight out of Love. And no, I didn't wear dirty clothing home. I did a load of wash at my Dad's the night before we flew out.

He is your friend defender your dog. Be worthy of such devotion

[Linked Image]
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704488 01/01/20 09:44 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Maybe she was a he/she.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704497 01/01/20 09:47 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
You were stopped for statistical purposes. No more no less.

I once got pulled over in Deep South Texas, trooper was super nice. Asked if he could search my car, I said sure. He made a comment that he didn’t stop many white guys and this would help balance him
Out.

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704498 01/01/20 09:48 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Just depends what country I am in and what the security level is. Seems as if the last few years the security threat has been low at most airports and not had lot of pat downs.

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704509 01/01/20 09:54 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Never, but I have TSA Pre-check. Prior to getting it years ago, I don't recall. Very few times.

Roll-Tide said: "You were stopped for statistical purposes. No more no less.". I agree.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704512 01/01/20 09:56 PM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
I have more pat downs when I fly TSA approved than when I don't...

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704519 01/01/20 10:00 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I've met some folks who would pay to have done to them lol.

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704521 01/01/20 10:00 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
I had my bag searched once when I flew back from a week in California, It didn't pass the sniff test.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: NORML as can be] #7704648 01/01/20 11:26 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
I had my bag searched once when I flew back from a week in California, It didn't pass the sniff test.

I believe that to be a truthful statement.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704693 01/01/20 11:56 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I fly a lot, and I get the extra pat down every single time leaving Corpus Christi. It's normally a "hot spot" on the screen which is almost always my crotch area, then the hand swab etc. I gave the TSA in San Francisco something to get excited about coming home from overseas about a month ago. Ran my stuff through the x-ray and my hat got knocked out of the tray, then got stuck on the roller. I asked an agent to please get my hat, but she blew me off. Guess she didn't like the camo and Texas flag. It was about to get smashed by more stuff coming, so I reached in past the plexi glass barrier and got it myself just in time. PSA - there are motion sensors at the ends of the plexi glass barriers attached to the x-ray machine, if you breach that plane it will set off a very loud alarm (horn) and strobes will start flashing. When this happens every single person in the area will stop and stare at you, and then all TSA personnel and security in the area will approach you rapidly. roflmao Lessons learned.....yes I need to get Global Entry, not sure why I keep putting it off.

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704761 01/02/20 12:35 AM
R
RayB Online Content
red bone Bob
Online Content
red bone Bob
R
$85 and the TSA Pre-pass are worth every penny skinner

There is time, and you must take it, to lay your hand on your dog's head as you walk past him lying on the floor or on his settle, time to talk with him, to remember with him, time to please him, time you can't buy back once he's gone" GBE
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704775 01/02/20 12:40 AM
M
MBradford Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
I got pulled aside in Barcelona, Spain last summer. This checkpoint was way past the initial security area. Some woman swabbed my palms, the openings of my pants pockets, my camera bag and everything in it with what looked like gun cleaning patches. Then she put them in an electronic device, took some readings, and told me I was free to go.

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: MBradford] #7704843 01/02/20 01:15 AM
E
Esh and Hattie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Originally Posted by MBradford
I got pulled aside in Barcelona, Spain last summer. This checkpoint was way past the initial security area. Some woman swabbed my palms, the openings of my pants pockets, my camera bag and everything in it with what looked like gun cleaning patches. Then she put them in an electronic device, took some readings, and told me I was free to go.

Flew home from Madrid last summer and my wife had that same thing happen. We had to show our passports 4 times before we got to the boarding area, both went through main security and she was picked at our 4th passport stop for the special search. I asked an airport employee what all the security was for and is it always this bad. She asked where I was flying to and I told her Dallas. Her response was, yes, going to the US is always like this, extra security.

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704883 01/02/20 01:45 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I like to quietly let out a couple pleasure moans and watch the looks on their face.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704891 01/02/20 01:48 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
you can also try not wiping your but for a week . Everyone will leave you alone.

[Linked Image]
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: RayB] #7704930 01/02/20 02:02 AM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by RayB
$85 and the TSA Pre-pass are worth every penny skinner

He's signing up for Global Entry, at some point, which includes TSA Pre-check.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: skinnerback] #7704954 01/02/20 02:16 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by skinnerback
I fly a lot, and I get the extra pat down every single time leaving Corpus Christi. It's normally a "hot spot" on the screen which is almost always my crotch area, then the hand swab etc. I gave the TSA in San Francisco something to get excited about coming home from overseas about a month ago. Ran my stuff through the x-ray and my hat got knocked out of the tray, then got stuck on the roller. I asked an agent to please get my hat, but she blew me off. Guess she didn't like the camo and Texas flag. It was about to get smashed by more stuff coming, so I reached in past the plexi glass barrier and got it myself just in time. PSA - there are motion sensors at the ends of the plexi glass barriers attached to the x-ray machine, if you breach that plane it will set off a very loud alarm (horn) and strobes will start flashing. When this happens every single person in the area will stop and stare at you, and then all TSA personnel and security in the area will approach you rapidly. roflmao Lessons learned.....yes I need to get Global Entry, not sure why I keep putting it off.

I fly in and out of CC 6 times a year, they have like two TSA agents, one is likely sleeping, yet you find away roflmao

Only you Skinner
roflmao

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7704959 01/02/20 02:19 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by skinnerback

I fly in and out of CC 6 times a year, they have like two TSA agents, one is likely sleeping, yet you find away roflmao

Only you Skinner
roflmao

No kidding! LOL

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7704962 01/02/20 02:21 AM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
I get a full body search every time I fly but I am Muslim and wear a full burqa.

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7705005 01/02/20 02:45 AM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
The most secure place we have gone thru was Frankfort Germany, we were changing planes and never left the secure area. I made the mistake of leaving 2 coffee creamers in my carry on. When they saw them on the x-ray I was pulled aside and asked to open the bag. I did and started to reach inside, that is when my hand got hit with a stick of some kind. I was then told not to reach inside the bag and had someone walk up behind me and was told not to move. They swabbed the bag and then my hands but the sensor cleared all. Next we were interrogated by some officials and asked questions about where we live, where we were going and where we had been, ect. They asked where the third member of our party was and why they were not returning to the US with us. Somehow they knew we left Dallas with our oldest son on the flight and also knew he stayed behind in Moscow. Don't let anyone tell you that you are not being tracked when you leave the country.

Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7705020 01/02/20 02:54 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I druther drive...

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: TCM3] #7705027 01/02/20 02:58 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by TCM3
I druther drive...

Hitting the sauce early?? grin

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: janie] #7705046 01/02/20 03:15 AM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Never been patted down. I used to fly a lot (United 1K for a few years) but I screwed up and left a single 50 BMG round in my backpack coming home via Austin. TSA, of course, found it and stood me aside while we waited for Austin PD. APD chatted with me to determined how and why it was there. Five minutes and a computer check later, they offered to arrange for the round to be put into my checked luggage. I declined the offer and moved on.

Lesson learned. No change in screening after that,

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: pegasaurus] #7705069 01/02/20 03:28 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
I druther drive...

Hitting the sauce early?? grin

[Linked Image]

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: For those of y'all who fly on a regular basis? [Re: TCM3] #7705074 01/02/20 03:35 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I druther drive...

LOL, kinda hard when you've got to cross the Pacific.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide