Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Doe behaviour #7671025 11/24/19 02:11 PM
Jon Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
When they are not being actively chased I notice a bunch of them the past couple weeks are trotting around with their tails raised about 45 degrees sort of wagging side to side a little. Is this maybe some behaviour they do when they are saying “come on big boy, I am ready!?

Most of the time at the feeder when eating their tails just hang straight down like normal.

Saw several bucks had went into full on hard chasing last weekend.
About 2 weeks ago is when I noticed a good deal of the does doing their booty shaking thing. They still doing it this morning. Just curious about that. May be common year round and I just now noticed it.

Re: Doe behaviour [Re: Jon] #7671109 11/24/19 04:29 PM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Jon
When they are not being actively chased I notice a bunch of them the past couple weeks are trotting around with their tails raised about 45 degrees sort of wagging side to side a little. Is this maybe some behaviour they do when they are saying “come on big boy, I am ready!?

Most of the time at the feeder when eating their tails just hang straight down like normal.

About 2 weeks ago is when I noticed a good deal of the does doing their booty shaking thing. They still doing it this morning. Just curious about that. May be common year round and I just now noticed it.

It's common behavior for a Doe in Estrous (or about to be). Tail is often raised. They also act antsy...will 'squat' slightly and urinate a lot...especially in the presence of a buck. They might also move into or spend more time in open areas...making themselves more visible. Typically, they are only receptive (willing to stand) for a period of about 48 hrs. There will be bucks around them at this time.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Doe behaviour [Re: flintknapper] #7671211 11/24/19 06:52 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by Jon

It's common behavior for a Doe in Estrous (or about to be). Tail is often raised. They also act antsy...will 'squat' slightly and urinate a lot...especially in the presence of a buck. They might also move into or spend more time in open areas...making themselves more visible. Typically, they are only receptive (willing to stand) for a period of about 48 hrs. There will be bucks around them at this time.

I agree with this. Been seeing this activity here the last 3 days now with the does. They will also run around in a circle or perimeter with their tail at half-mast around the bucks. When a bucks runs after them to check them they will stop and squat while running around also. The bucks will always find that spot and check it. Right now starting to see the tell tale signs of the rut...when you see does moving there will be a buck or bucks following them around or into oats or feeders.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Doe behaviour [Re: Jon] #7671530 11/25/19 02:33 AM
Jon Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Thanks for the answers guys. Pretty well describes exactly what we’ve been seeing out here.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide