Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647047 10/30/19 02:44 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I see no problem with the game warden writing a warning or a ticket. Games wardens get unverifiable stories all the time from folks. He found you in possession of an untagged deer at a location where you didn't kill it. That is a ticketable offense.

He did cut you a break. He wrote you a warning. I don't know why you are complaining. You didn't have to pay a fine or argue with the judge about it in court.

If you think you have a valid complaint, take it up with TPWD. Of course, like FJG, they are going to wonder why you waited 2 years.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647048 10/30/19 02:45 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by DH3
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by Choctaw
It's on you. Instead of whining about the GW be thankful you only received a warning. Geez, this happened two seasons ago? Hang onto your anger much?

This was brought up before, immediately after it happened. And DH3 got exactly the same responses from everyone, and argued back with everyone.

What does that tell you?

Good ol JG, Keeping his post count up!!

Has nothing to do with post count.

You're craving drama and an argument, and I called you on it. The post count argument was, and still is weak as a kitten.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: JDP Ranch] #7647054 10/30/19 02:48 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JDP Ranch
I'd be happy you got a warning! Game warden could've written you a ticket.
Saw it happen to a friend of mine. He shot a doe and a buck in the evening. No pen, so he loaded both deer into the Ranger and drove back to camp. Was sitting at the kitchen table with his license in front of him when the GW walked in. Got two tickets. Fine wasn't much when he explained it to the judge, couple of hundred.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647075 10/30/19 03:01 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I shot a pronghorn once, filled out the tag but put it in my pocket because I was going to have to drag him a ways over some very rough country and didn’t want the tag to come off while dragging him. I was alone.

New Mexico GW met me at the road with his ticket book out. I pulled the filled- out tag from my pocket but also told him I knew I was in violation. He hesitated for a minute, then put his book up and congratulated me on the goat.

I am positive me not arguing or whining was what got me that break.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: HWY_MAN] #7647095 10/30/19 03:18 PM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
The Fred story was a good one, he'd shot a deer and posted pictures here, what he failed to say was where he shot it. Seems that buck had been taken in an AR county and a game warden even helped Fred look for the buck. They gave up looking and the GW left, seems Fred had them looking in the wrong area because he knew the buck wouldn't make AR minimums. Same Warden saw Fred's post on here and decided to have a little talk with Fred. Fred hasn't posted here since.

I do too, and the was glad I set him straight

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647099 10/30/19 03:19 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I have no GW problems and no LE problems. I have a highhill on my place. At times the local Sheriff Deputies and the GW have sat up there overlooking the road looking for suspicious activities like road or night hunting and or drug deals. Of course, when the Grandsons were under 21 and had some beer they were nervous and wanted me to install a driveway alarm.

They know that they had better tag a deer because he just might stop by

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647114 10/30/19 03:29 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Online Content
Bird Herder
Online Content
Bird Herder
If the Grandson had been caught with the deer before he got back to Gpa, he would have been in a heap of trouble.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647140 10/30/19 03:54 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I know its a serious issue but I hate it when my dad forgets his glasses and shows up to camp with an untagged deer looking for somebody who can see that little print to help him. Makes me nervous as hell. Now that I'm getting older though, that print on the licenses does seem to be shrinking if not getting blurry. A new addition to my hunting pack is a pair of cheaters. I don't want my kids to be as nervous too. rofl If he gets caught I hope the GW takes his sight into account and he just gets a warning. He had cataract surgery so hopefully this year he won't have to take that chance.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647144 10/30/19 03:56 PM
S
Schpanky Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Don't see where the GW was out of line. That was probably the 100th time that week he'd given that lecture. Follow the rules and you'll never have an issue.
I'm a rule follower by nature....well....except for this one
[Linked Image]

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647160 10/30/19 04:06 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
All scolding aside, I do kinda see what OP says.

Our county is full of child molesters, illegals aliens, meth cooks & other sure enough crooks. But we spend so much LE time on ridiculous pissant BS.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647168 10/30/19 04:12 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
violin

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647177 10/30/19 04:21 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by DH3
It's on you. Instead of whining about the GW be thankful you only received a warning. Geez, this happened two seasons ago? Hang onto your anger much?

This was brought up before, immediately after it happened. And DH3 got exactly the same responses from everyone, and argued back with everyone.

What does that tell you?

violin

I’m just keeping my post count up... rofl

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: maximus_flavius] #7647182 10/30/19 04:24 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
All scolding aside, I do kinda see what OP says.

Our county is full of child molesters, illegals aliens, meth cooks & other sure enough crooks. But we spend so much LE time on ridiculous pissant BS.

There are LEOs whose job it is to catch those folks too. Whole departments and agencies in fact at the local, state, and national levels.

A GW’s job is to enforce game laws.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647207 10/30/19 04:43 PM
G
glb1955 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Originally Posted by DH3

What does that tell you?

Don't really thing that JG needs to keep up his count. He normally puts good info out. You were wrong. Let it go. Be glad you received a warning. I have worked with Game Wardens for a LONG time, both in Texas and Colorado. I have been fortunate and worked with some very good ones. This has been said many times on this forum about contact with any L/E; your attitude many times will determine theirs. If you don't like the answers you get - don't ask..

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647219 10/30/19 04:56 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I think this thread can be summed up with a quote a very great man, my grandfather, told me a long, long time ago....

If someone calls you a jackarse just ignore it and go on about your business, but if everyone is calling you a jackares you better start looking for a saddle....

I’ll let you figure it out for yourself....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647224 10/30/19 05:06 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Dang shame that in the 21st century our vehicles still don't have headlights, back lights or inside dome lights. Even worse that cell phones don't have lit screens or heaven forbid a flashlight feature these days. rolleyes A WAG on my part is that this is not the first time that GW's have been out to this property.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647225 10/30/19 05:06 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Ahh, the ol' 'busted flashlight' excuse. You have to give the warden a little slack, he's heard that one 100 times and at least 99 they were FOS. You got a warning, which is what you deserved.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647233 10/30/19 05:11 PM
R
RPG1997 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
You have no business complaining about this. You went on an evening hunt knowing full well the sun was going to set soon. You shot the buck at dusk, with night just around the corner. Before you went out hunting, you should have made sure you carried a flashlight with you. What makes it even worse is that YOU didn't go to retrieve the buck, you got your grandson to do it. You not only put yourself in danger of violating the law, but you also put your grandson at risk as well. On top of that, when the game warden approached you and reprimanded you for breaking the law, you insulted him and then came on here and complained about it on here 2 seasons after the fact. This is 100% on you and you have zero excuses. Learn from your mistake, be sure to actually follow the law, and don't whine about it on here. We hunters already get enough crap as it is, we don't need people breaking the law making it worse for us.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7647244 10/30/19 05:20 PM
D
Dink Dodger Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
I think this thread can be summed up with a quote a very great man, my grandfather, told me a long, long time ago....

If someone calls you a jackarse just ignore it and go on about your business, but if everyone is calling you a jackares you better start looking for a saddle....

Most fitting

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: Dink Dodger] #7647273 10/30/19 05:49 PM
J
JB1316 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted by Dink Dodger
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Most fitting

I love that quote, they used a similar version on the TV show Justified - "If you run into an [censored] in the morning, you ran into an [censored]. If you run into [censored] all day, you're probably the [censored].".
I said a slightly toned down version to my wife once we she was complaining everyone in the house was being mean to her... I dont recommend using this one on your wife...

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647285 10/30/19 05:57 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
GW in our county has no problem with bringing a deer from the stand to camp and then tagging. I fill my tag and log out completely and lay the tag on my console if I am skinning and quartering. Since I skin, gut, & quarter a deer hanging upside down if I tagged the head the tag would become unreadable. If I let one hang (very rare) then I will tag it.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647287 10/30/19 06:00 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
His flashlight must have been a Timex, and I'm still waiting to see the 16" buck make it back from the taxidermist.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647294 10/30/19 06:13 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
[Linked Image]

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: Stump_jumper] #7647304 10/30/19 06:30 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Stump_jumper
GW in our county has no problem with bringing a deer from the stand to camp and then tagging. I fill my tag and log out completely and lay the tag on my console if I am skinning and quartering. Since I skin, gut, & quarter a deer hanging upside down if I tagged the head the tag would become unreadable. If I let one hang (very rare) then I will tag it.

I do mine the same way. But the MLD tag is filled out, put in a ziploc bag and tie-wrapped to a buck's antler or through a slit I make in a doe's ear. The tag always remains legible. Now, being MLD, I don't have to tag until I have the deer back at headquarters, and I don't. But it's the first thing I do before I begin cleaning a deer. That way if the GW does show up, I'm always legal.

Re: Game Warden Question [Re: DH3] #7647305 10/30/19 06:31 PM
C
CleerCreekDC Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
It has nothing to do with the light. You broke the law. Be thankful you didnt get a ticket or a deer taken.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide