Print Thread
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7615297 09/24/19 11:06 PM
W
WILLIED72 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
She is being tried for murder..if found not guilty she can't be tried for man slaughter..so Im told..

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: WILLIED72] #7615326 09/24/19 11:35 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by WILLIED72
She is being tried for murder..if found not guilty she can't be tried for man slaughter..so Im told..

Only the Judge can provide jury instructions. Both the prosecution and defense provide their requested instructions to the judge who decides. It's all what the lawyers think will work based on how the trial has gone. If Dallas DA's Office doesn't request that a lessor include offense may be considered, and her attorneys think Murder was not proven, then her lawyers may go all in and request murder or nothing.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: WILLIED72] #7615334 09/24/19 11:44 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

The judge can allow the jury to consider the lesser included offenses of Manslaughter and Criminally Negligent Homicide.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Simple Searcher] #7615428 09/25/19 01:27 AM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Originally Posted by Mike W
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I'm curious what the toxicology report is going to show about the victim. Being absolutely baked may explain his lack of communication during the encounter.

I seriously doubt any jury would acquit her because she shot an intoxicated dude on his couch, in his apartment. I really don't see what his state of intoxication would have to do with her mistake of shooting him in his living room.

My understanding is that he was not shot on the couch. She gave him commands to get on the floor, he didn’t. She gave him commands to stop and he kept coming. She is in full uniform yet he didn’t recognize that and kept walking toward her. She shot him standing upright at 13’ away.

This is what she said that she said. And that is what a lot of this is about, what she claims that she said and did. There are no witnesses, she can give the best story and there is no way to argue it. It is like a mafia case, all of the witnesses are dead. I doubt most of what she said.
It is amazing how clear her memory is on some things, when she claims exhaustion from work for her defense on not being able to find the right door.

Exactly. We only have her side of the story because the other witness is dead, and at best she went to the wrong apartment, shot the legal inhabitant while he was next to his couch, then called 911 and admitted to everything, and texted her partner/lover while on the phone with 911, and didn’t render aid to a dying man she just shot, even after she realized her mistake.

That’s best case scenario for her.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Grizz] #7615469 09/25/19 01:55 AM
G
gtrich94 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Grizz

The judge can allow the jury to consider the lesser included offenses of Manslaughter and Criminally Negligent Homicide.

That’s exactly what they did when I was in the jury for a murder trial. Basically gave us three different charges we could choose from. Our guy was guilty, but I thought the charging spread was kinda BS for the guy at the time. Granted, they pled out the case before we could render a decision. So I didn’t have to decide which one to choose.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7616303 09/25/19 09:20 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
popcorn

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7618417 09/28/19 03:55 AM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by tenyearsgone
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
She better hope the sexually explicit texts and messages she was sending to her PD boyfriend minutes before the shooting are deemed inadmissible,. Prosecution is attempting to introduce it as a view into her state of mind just prior to shooting.

Being horny would make you want to shoot someone?

The implication, from what I’ve read, is that she wasn’t exhausted, as she claims, if she was trying setup a sexual rendezvous with her partner three minutes before she walked up to the wrong apartment and shot someone. And apparently her partner declined the booty call, which would put her frame of mind somewhere mistake of fact wouldn’t be an excuse, whereas exhaustion from work would leave mistake of fact on the table, possibly.

From what I’m interpreting from the media, so it’s taken with a grain of salt.

It's possible to be exhausted, and too exhausted for sex? banana

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: tenyearsgone] #7618457 09/28/19 10:31 AM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
She better hope the sexually explicit texts and messages she was sending to her PD boyfriend minutes before the shooting are deemed inadmissible,. Prosecution is attempting to introduce it as a view into her state of mind just prior to shooting.

Being horny would make you want to shoot someone?

The implication, from what I’ve read, is that she wasn’t exhausted, as she claims, if she was trying setup a sexual rendezvous with her partner three minutes before she walked up to the wrong apartment and shot someone. And apparently her partner declined the booty call, which would put her frame of mind somewhere mistake of fact wouldn’t be an excuse, whereas exhaustion from work would leave mistake of fact on the table, possibly.

From what I’m interpreting from the media, so it’s taken with a grain of salt.

It's possible to be exhausted, and too exhausted for sex? banana

Have you been talking to my wife again rofl

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7618458 09/28/19 10:42 AM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
No way in hades to I think this officer intentionally walked into this mans apartment to do him harm, what motive/reason would she have?

The prosecutor said she had options, sure she did but when you are exhausted physically and mentally you do not always make the best case scenario decision.
We are talking about a person who thought they were in there house and defending themselves and their property.

Obviously she made a huge mistake going into the wrong apartment guilty of that, once she was in that apartment hind sight says she could have made better decisions especially being a police officer truth.
Capitol murder no way!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cou...rosecutor-says-a-cop-should-know-better/

Amber Guyger sobbed as she took the stand in her own defense Friday, the fifth day of her murder trial, saying she will forever regret the night she killed Botham Jean.

But the prosecution said the fired Dallas police officer had other options before she confronted Jean and cared more about herself than the dying man after she shot him.

Guyger, 31, fatally shot the 26-year-old accountant in his Dallas apartment on Sept. 6, 2018. Her defense team has called it a "tragic, but innocent" mistake and has argued she was reasonable to believe Jean was a burglar when she entered his apartment, thinking it was her own. She was off-duty but still in her Dallas police uniform.

"I was scared whoever was inside of my apartment was going to kill me, and I'm sorry," Guyger said through tears Friday, her voice shaking. "I have to live with that every single day."

But the prosecution emphasized that Guyger could have retreated before she opened the door and even afterward. They said she could have backed off and used her police radio to call for help. Police headquarters is just blocks away from the apartment complex.

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7618464 09/28/19 11:21 AM
Guy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Stub I think both sides agree she did not “intentionally” go in the wrong apartment, kill him because she thought he was a burglar. I think everyone agrees it was a “mistake”. The question is if it was a reasonable mistake, and there were several mistakes that are considered.. Like going to the wrong apartment, 15% have done it there, could probably happen to anyone. Reasonable. Bad luck door is unlock a whole bunch of mistakes follow and she finds her self face to face with him pulls gun, reasonable? I think at this point is stretching reasonableness, I would be “oh [censored] dude sorry!!!”...and I would moonwalk out of there.

And before someone ask me how much experience I have walking in on burglars, I have never done that, but I have many times walked in the girls rest room by mistake, I’m like “oh [censored] sorry ma’am!!”

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7618488 09/28/19 12:29 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Stub
But the prosecution emphasized that Guyger could have retreated before she opened the door and even afterward. They said she could have backed off and used her police radio to call for help. Police headquarters is just blocks away from the apartment complex.

Yeah, because Dallas PD has such a short response time. rolleyes

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Guy] #7618509 09/28/19 01:13 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Guy
Stub I think both sides agree she did not “intentionally” go in the wrong apartment, kill him because she thought he was a burglar. I think everyone agrees it was a “mistake”. The question is if it was a reasonable mistake, and there were several mistakes that are considered.. Like going to the wrong apartment, 15% have done it there, could probably happen to anyone. Reasonable. Bad luck door is unlock a whole bunch of mistakes follow and she finds her self face to face with him pulls gun, reasonable? I think at this point is stretching reasonableness, I would be “oh [censored] dude sorry!!!”...and I would moonwalk out of there.

And before someone ask me how much experience I have walking in on burglars, I have never done that, but I have many times walked in the girls rest room by mistake, I’m like “oh [censored] sorry ma’am!!”

Guy I see that almost all agree on that but when I see “Give her the Max” and other statements similar it is very irritating! Obviously there are some that do not respect our Police in general.
hammer

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7618515 09/28/19 01:17 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
This is a terrible incident, and I hate that a man lost his life, but I worry about the word retreat being used in Texas at all. We are a stand your ground state. She made a terrible mistake and should have to pay for it. The option to retreat is an option, a bad one if you are already in control of the situation as she was, no matter how wrong she was. Let someone out of your sight(s) and you lose control of the situation, and possibly your safety. I don’t want to see a new bill from this, much less a new law next September.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: wp75169] #7618527 09/28/19 01:30 PM
bigbob_ftw Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by wp75169
This is a terrible incident, and I hate that a man lost his life, but I worry about the word retreat being used in Texas at all. We are a stand your ground state. She made a terrible mistake and should have to pay for it. The option to retreat is an option, a bad one if you are already in control of the situation as she was, no matter how wrong she was. Let someone out of your sight(s) and you lose control of the situation, and possibly your safety. I don’t want to see a new bill from this, much less a new law next September.

She was never in control of the situation. That's why a man is dead.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7618536 09/28/19 01:38 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

No doubt you’re right, despite your need to point it out, you surely understand my point.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7618544 09/28/19 01:52 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

You are right Bob.. It was impossible for her to be in control of anything after a long days work and being all hopped up on dopamine and endorphins from sexting her adulterous lover. confused2
I haven’t heard yet but maybe the prosecutions back up plan is to charge her with texting and driving if the murder conviction falls thru. I mean... She would have not driven to the wrong floor and none of this would have happened if she was not sexting and driving.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: wp75169] #7618757 09/28/19 07:40 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

No doubt you’re right, despite your need to point it out, you surely understand my point.

Her training says that she should not have entered the apartment and should have backed out, looked for cover and waited for backup. She took 8 hours of de-escalation training but says she doesn’t remember it.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article235512537.html

It’s not a stand your ground case, nor a castle doctrine case, nor a self defense case. She wasn’t in her home.

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: pegasaurus] #7618763 09/28/19 07:48 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by pegasaurus

You are right Bob.. It was impossible for her to be in control of anything after a long days work and being all hopped up on dopamine and endorphins from sexting her adulterous lover. confused2
I haven’t heard yet but maybe the prosecutions back up plan is to charge her with texting and driving if the murder conviction falls thru. I mean... She would have not driven to the wrong floor and none of this would have happened if she was not sexting and driving.

They were talking on the phone while she was driving, I think. She was texting after she got out of the car.

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: wp75169] #7618765 09/28/19 07:54 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I don't see how "stand your ground" would apply. She wasn't in her home, vehicle or place of employment. She shot an unarmed man in his living room.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7618766 09/28/19 07:57 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

Her training says that she should not have entered the apartment and should have backed out, looked for cover and waited for backup. She took 8 hours of de-escalation training but says she doesn’t remember it.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article235512537.html

It’s not a stand your ground case, nor a castle doctrine case, nor a self defense case. She wasn’t in her home.

(Her training says that she should not have entered the apartmen) ?? Why would her training tell her not to go into an apartment she thinks is hers confused2

Last edited by Stub; 09/28/19 07:58 PM.

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7618780 09/28/19 08:13 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
She took de-escalation training. The article explains it, Stub.

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7618787 09/28/19 08:20 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The jury will decide. White cop shoots unarmed black man who was eating ice cream. Done deal. They will decide that she is guilty of something.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7618794 09/28/19 08:30 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

From her word she gave him commands, he moved, she reacted thinking she’s in her own crib

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Brother in-law] #7618795 09/28/19 08:32 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Brother in-law

From her word she gave him commands, he moved, she reacted thinking she’s in her own crib

Wasn't he by the couch still? Didn't they have to move the ottoman to treat him? What is the distance between her and the victim?

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7618797 09/28/19 08:41 PM
bigbob_ftw Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
I saw her "crying" on the stand. No tears.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide