Forums46
Topics539,416
Posts9,749,331
Members87,160
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7614991 09/24/19 05:42 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I'm curious what the toxicology report is going to show about the victim. Being absolutely baked may explain his lack of communication during the encounter.

I don't see a lack of communication. she started barking orders and he probably felt FU.

Again, we only have her word for most of what happened.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7614996 09/24/19 05:46 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
We will see. I bet the tox report comes into play at trial.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7614997 09/24/19 05:47 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I expect the defense to throw out all stops; dude was high on Mary Jane, his accent or speech sounded foreign or unfamiliar, etc.etc. Sorry, if it were my kid I'd be mad as hell and expecting a conviction and some appreciable jail time too.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7615029 09/24/19 06:20 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Can't even catch a lil buzz at your own house without the police busting in and shooting you.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7615049 09/24/19 06:39 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Making a big deal about his marijuana use would be not only the most crass move the defense could make, but the most stupid move they could make also. IMO.

He was smoking pot in his own apartment so somehow that justifies or mitigates killing him?

rolleyes

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7615059 09/24/19 06:50 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I want to see the tox report on HER!

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7615085 09/24/19 07:18 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Exhausted from 13.5 hr shift, bet that's a normal work day for millions in this country and many on this forum. Walked past , I heard on radio, 16 rooms with the wrong floor number on them and never thought something seems out of wack. Don,t know what she should get charged with, but everything she did is so out of the norm.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: fouzman] #7615087 09/24/19 07:18 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by fouzman
I want to see the tox report on HER!

Hers came back clean, per media reports (no booze or alcohol).

But his tox report is irrelevant. He had no reason to communicate or obey commands. He could have done anything and it wouldn’t have mattered. She was in his house illegally.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Simple Searcher] #7615124 09/24/19 08:06 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm curious what the toxicology report is going to show about the victim. Being absolutely baked may explain his lack of communication during the encounter.

I seriously doubt any jury would acquit her because she shot an intoxicated dude on his couch, in his apartment. I really don't see what his state of intoxication would have to do with her mistake of shooting him in his living room.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Mike W] #7615126 09/24/19 08:11 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Mike W

I seriously doubt any jury would acquit her because she shot an intoxicated dude on his couch, in his apartment. I really don't see what his state of intoxication would have to do with her mistake of shooting him in his living room.

^ This

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: pegasaurus] #7615132 09/24/19 08:13 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Originally Posted by procraft05
Yeah, I believe she will go to jail for awhile

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Doesn't really matter what she's charged with or convicted of...she's going jail. The real question is for how long. Life as she knows it is over.

What makes y’all think she will serve jail time?

C'mon man...really? Do you think she won't go to jail?

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: The Dude Abides] #7615166 09/24/19 08:57 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by procraft05
Yeah, I believe she will go to jail for awhile

Doesn't really matter what she's charged with or convicted of...she's going jail. The real question is for how long. Life as she knows it is over.

What makes y’all think she will serve jail time?

C'mon man...really? Do you think she won't go to jail?

I’m not convinced she will, but I think she should.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7615176 09/24/19 09:05 PM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Making a big deal about his marijuana use would be not only the most crass move the defense could make, but the most stupid move they could make also. IMO.

He was smoking pot in his own apartment so somehow that justifies or mitigates killing him?

rolleyes

His smoking pot in his apartment was about as important as the prosecution bringing her love life into the trial. But they did it, I’m sure you don’t think that’s a crass move. Might as well paint her in a bad light as a home wrecker from the get go.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Mike W] #7615177 09/24/19 09:07 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

My understanding is that he was not shot on the couch. She gave him commands to get on the floor, he didn’t. She gave him commands to stop and he kept coming. She is in full uniform yet he didn’t recognize that and kept walking toward her. She shot him standing upright at 13’ away.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7615179 09/24/19 09:09 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The marijuana issue is trying to make him into a bad guy. He did not do anything, he is the victim, the attorney is blowing smoke up his tailpipe.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: dogcatcher] #7615189 09/24/19 09:14 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
The marijuana issue is trying to make him into a bad guy. He did not do anything, he is the victim, the attorney is blowing smoke up his tailpipe.

I’m lost. Is the victim a criminal or is the criminal a victim? confused2

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7615221 09/24/19 09:48 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Does it matter at all that he was breaking the law (smoking pot) when this happened?

(serious question. I really don’t know if it has any bearing or not.)

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7615227 09/24/19 09:53 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I’m going to say she was looking at her phone and got off on the wrong floor. Kept looking at her phone walking down the hall, (they all look alike), got to his door, opened it, panicked and shot the guy. I’ve walked down the wrong hall. Bad deal all the way around.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: LFD2037] #7615242 09/24/19 10:08 PM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by LFD2037
Does it matter at all that he was breaking the law (smoking pot) when this happened?

If his tox report indicates or proves intoxication, the defense will likely try to argue that had he not been intoxicated, he would have responded differently to the encounter and still be alive today. They will argue a person who is not impared would not walk towards a uniformed Officer pointing a gun at them and would respond to the verbal commands to get on the ground.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Stub] #7615246 09/24/19 10:12 PM
P
pdr55 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Maybe he thought she was one of those strippers dressed like a cop. confused2

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: LFD2037] #7615272 09/24/19 10:38 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by LFD2037

I kind of doubt it, unless smoking pot in your home carries a death sentence.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: pegasaurus] #7615276 09/24/19 10:48 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe

My understanding is that he was not shot on the couch. She gave him commands to get on the floor, he didn’t. She gave him commands to stop and he kept coming. She is in full uniform yet he didn’t recognize that and kept walking toward her. She shot him standing upright at 13’ away.

"One bullet missed, but the other bullet hit Jean in the chest and traveled downward through his heart, lung, stomach and intestine before resting between his stomach and back, he said.
The trajectory suggests Jean was either getting up from a chair when Guyger fired, or he was on his knees, trying to hide from her, Hermus said."

Her story does not match what the prosecutor presented in opening. It may or may not be true. I am sure forensics and the trajectory of those bullets will be discussed in detail during the trial. It should not be too hard to determine both persons location and position at the moment those two shots were fired.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: Sniper John] #7615289 09/24/19 10:58 PM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Sniper John

"One bullet missed, but the other bullet hit Jean in the chest and traveled downward through his heart, lung, stomach and intestine before resting between his stomach and back, he said.
The trajectory suggests Jean was either getting up from a chair when Guyger fired, or he was on his knees, trying to hide from her, Hermus said."

Her story does not match what the prosecutor presented in opening. It may or may not be true. I am sure forensics and the trajectory of those bullets will be discussed in detail during the trial. It should not be too hard to determine both persons location and position at the moment those two shots were fired.

Give it a few days and Shook will have an expert testifying to the opposite. Typical murder trial stuff.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: ntxtrapper] #7615290 09/24/19 10:59 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
The texts are already entered into the record. I fail to see what good it did the prosecution, other than trying to make her out to be an immoral person who has sex with coworkers, which is what I believe their intent was.

More likely this is why:

At 10:02 p.m., Hermus said, Rivera received a text message that said, "I need you. Hurry." A minute later, she texted: "I f----- up."

Prosecutors said that occurred while Guyger was on the phone with 911.

"Should you be giving 100 percent of attention to the person dying in front of you?" Hermus asked Rivera.

"Yes, you should," he responded.

"Should you be sending text messages?" Hermus asked.

"No," Rivera replied.

Prosecutors also revealed that the day after the shooting, Guyger and Rivera had deleted their text messages to each other, but they were later recovered.

Re: Amber Guyger Trial Starts Today.. [Re: pegasaurus] #7615295 09/24/19 11:04 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

This is what she said that she said. And that is what a lot of this is about, what she claims that she said and did. There are no witnesses, she can give the best story and there is no way to argue it. It is like a mafia case, all of the witnesses are dead. I doubt most of what she said.
It is amazing how clear her memory is on some things, when she claims exhaustion from work for her defense on not being able to find the right door.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide