Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: LT Governor [Re: TCM3] #7601072 09/08/19 09:16 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Shall not be infringed.................nuff for me to say hell NO.

Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7601076 09/08/19 09:49 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Hope he is a member and reads this. flagtexas

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: LT Governor [Re: CharlieCTx] #7601095 09/08/19 12:28 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
The Odessa idiot provided an undeniable fact.... He was denied a purchase when a background check was done (I believe that's how we want "the system" to work) yet he was able to get one via a private sale with no background check and do what he did.

I've had to use an FFL for (4) items I didn't buy in a retail store (internet rifle/pistol and 2 cans), I didn't see it as a great imposition on my life or rights to have to do so.

Society today isn't the 20th century and it's not going to return to the way things were, so we unfortunately have to change with it.

Shaking our fist at the sky and sending thoughts and prayers after an event isn't working, sending everyone to an FFL/background check for a sale/transfer is a good first step that in no way impedes our 2A rights and/or what we can own.

Not THE answer, I'd prefer not to, but maybe it stops an event where we or a family member happen to be present.

Charlie

Criminals, crazy people will continue to do what they are doing right now. Just because a law is passed, does not mean it will be followed. It physically does not stop a person from meeting another person and buying a firearm. I'm sure every member of this forum has at least one time met someone they knew or didn't know, and purchased a firearm on the tailgate with cash and a handshake. Even law abiding citizens may say "screw them, I'm not doing that". Meaning meeting at an FFL for a transfer. This law will not do a bit of good, because it won't work.

I am an FFL, but only have been since June of this year. I have transferred four firearms, two for one friend whom is an LTC holder, one for another friend whom is an LTC holder, and one for a training customer of mine that purchased a pistol online. He is not an LTC holder yet. I had to do the check via phone call. I'd rather avaoid that, and just deal with LTC holders. But I have to log those transfers in my book, no matter what. If I had 5 in one day, it would take up more of my time that I would like to give it. Where I could be spending my time on something more useful. I didn't even get my FFL for the purpose of doing transfers, I got it so that I could take possession of other people's rifles, mount scopes, do load development, and build nice bolt action rifles. The transfers are just a favor I am doing for friends.

Murder is already illegal, but it still happens every day.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: LT Governor [Re: Jimbo1] #7601185 09/08/19 04:01 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Beginning of the end of Texas as we know it. If the State mandates using a FFL for every transaction, it should at least be free since "its in the public interest."

When you find an FFL that will do them for free let us know.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: LT Governor [Re: The Dude Abides] #7601187 09/08/19 04:09 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Beginning of the end of Texas as we know it. If the State mandates using a FFL for every transaction, it should at least be free since "its in the public interest."

Think you missed my point...State mandates it, State should pay for it.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7601188 09/08/19 04:09 PM
B
Bear Charge Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Also note what this will do for guns passed down from grandaddy.

"Democracy is a sheep and two lions voting. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7601209 09/08/19 04:43 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: LT Governor [Re: Jimbo1] #7601220 09/08/19 04:52 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

State mandates I register my truck and buy a hunting license if needed. They ain't paying for CRAP ever!

Re: LT Governor [Re: jeh7mmmag] #7601221 09/08/19 04:53 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Yep he is a worm. His chances of being governor are nil.

Re: LT Governor [Re: fadetoblack64] #7601451 09/08/19 09:49 PM
F
Fatdaddy Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64
Yep he is a worm. His chances of being governor are nil.

Only until Texas turns blue

Re: LT Governor [Re: Bear Charge] #7601543 09/08/19 11:34 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bear Charge

Maybe for your family.

Mine will choose not to participate

🍻
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7601551 09/08/19 11:43 PM
T
txwildcat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
"They" can track every transaction. How many you bought and sold....

Beginning of registration.

"they" just dont know how many you started with...

Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7601857 09/09/19 12:33 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
IMO your an idiot if you think this law will stop the killing......so why do it? Only one reason......pandering for votes, period!

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: LT Governor [Re: Jimbo1] #7601928 09/09/19 01:51 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

No, did not miss the point. The state mandates drivers licenses and LTC and YOU pay for it. No difference with BG check.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: LT Governor [Re: Bear Charge] #7601931 09/09/19 01:53 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Bear Charge

Or in the case of a gun given to you by a family member. universal background checks can ONLY work with national gun registration. out.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7601987 09/09/19 02:40 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
I see no reason why NCIC isn't open to everyone. Seller enters their info, then buyer. Select type of gun being sold. You either get an "Allowed" or "Denied" response.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: LT Governor [Re: Dry Fire] #7602068 09/09/19 04:34 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Dry Fire
I see no reason why NCIC isn't open to everyone. Seller enters their info, then buyer. Select type of gun being sold. You either get an "Allowed" or "Denied" response.

Yup

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: LT Governor [Re: Tbar] #7602077 09/09/19 04:43 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Tbar
So many of y'all caving to this. "I wouldn't mind if......."

No, No and Hell No!!! No camels nose under the tent.

Not even a little bit!!!

Exactly, it's called appeasement. It never, ever works.

Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7602079 09/09/19 04:44 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I can go to Home Depot and HEB then go home with enough parts for all kinds of guns, all I will need it to put them together and buy ammo. While I am at it, I can make a few RPG's, or maybe a flame thrower or 2. None of these feel good law proposals will stop "all" of these mass killings.

But in the reality of it all, the so called private sale loop hole will be closed, I am surprised it has been this long to get politicians to try it. But the politicians are more worried about the votes than the people that might get killed. It also is good political public relations and name exposure to show up at the sites of the mass killings.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: LT Governor [Re: CharlieCTx] #7602135 09/09/19 05:31 PM
hookem48 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
The Odessa idiot provided an undeniable fact.... He was denied a purchase when a background check was done (I believe that's how we want "the system" to work) yet he was able to get one via a private sale with no background check and do what he did.

I've had to use an FFL for (4) items I didn't buy in a retail store (internet rifle/pistol and 2 cans), I didn't see it as a great imposition on my life or rights to have to do so.

Society today isn't the 20th century and it's not going to return to the way things were, so we unfortunately have to change with it.

Shaking our fist at the sky and sending thoughts and prayers after an event isn't working, sending everyone to an FFL/background check for a sale/transfer is a good first step that in no way impedes our 2A rights and/or what we can own.

Not THE answer, I'd prefer not to, but maybe it stops an event where we or a family member happen to be present.

Charlie

Agreed

Re: LT Governor [Re: hookem48] #7602173 09/09/19 06:01 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by hookem48

Charlie

Agreed

They should make drugs illegal too.

The fact is it cannot be enforced without a registration. Which the supreme Court has already ruled on.

Re: LT Governor [Re: CharlieCTx] #7602400 09/09/19 09:23 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Charlie

uhhh, sorry charlie! you don't seem to realize that the only way universal background checks can work is if EVERY gun in the country is registered with the fed govt.
if you don't believe that then what is to stop me from selling to joe blo on here after they go into effect and simply bypassing the background check?

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: LT Governor [Re: hopalong] #7602457 09/09/19 10:27 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by hopalong

Charlie

uhhh, sorry charlie! you don't seem to realize that the only way universal background checks can work is if EVERY gun in the country is registered with the fed govt.
if you don't believe that then what is to stop me from selling to joe blo on here after they go into effect and simply bypassing the background check?

^^Precisely!

Nothing stops you from meeting on a county road somewhere, exchanging cash, and both parties go about their business. Same as one of options criminals will use.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: LT Governor [Re: hopalong] #7602492 09/09/19 11:06 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by hopalong

Charlie

This discussion only becomes circular it seems, so not sure of the point in continuing, but I'll provide a thought and call it quits on this topic... I don't have the magic answer, I'm only advocating taking some kind of step as continued inaction of any kind only hurts our position, IMHO. Clearly that's not a shared perspective, but doesn't mean I'm not right. I was wrong once in '91, still trying to get over that... :-)

To Hoppy's first comment... You couldn't be more wrong. Doing a background check, pre-purchase, would/could have nothing to do with a particular firearm. You're just submitting "you" to the background check. Not you and the firearm. It's just a binary "Yes you can" or "No you can't" before you can complete the transaction for whatever it is you're wanting to buy. Certainly at that time, some kind of registration could occur (and the item in question now becomes registered just like any new purchase), doesn't have to though. This is rather pointless with private sale capability as Odessa showed. If all LEGAL sales/transfers have to go through retail/FFL etc. this would help (not THE answer) and it requires no national gun registry but would begin adding pre-owned guns to the database I would assume is there for new purchases, but it is a government process, so who knows. "Would help" is simply defined as one less shooting to be successful. If we all agree with the process required for buying/selling a new firearm, why not the same thing for something used? Besides being a change, we treat used car sales/purchases the same as new and no one seems to care?

"Well Charlie, all the criminals get their guns in illegal ways" or something to that effect... will be a response. I agree, no easy/hard way comes to mind on how to address that. What is unique is most of these mass shooting idiots are not the hardened Chicago hoodie types who have ghost guns or bought it out of a trunk of a car, etc. Most were bought legally I believe, so how do we stop those guys? I don't know, but.....another step that would could help is to consider any living accomplice to a mass event should be prosecuted exactly as the shooter, whether they are dead or alive. Like the guy that bought the body armor for the Ohio shooter, lock his [censored] up just as though he pulled the trigger too. Under the same principle... every gun owner should be personally liable for their serial numbers. Your gun gets used in a shooting, unless you can prove via bill of sale, transfer, theft via Police report, etc that it's not yours anymore, you're on the hook for the crime as well. Maybe everyone takes more responsibility for storage, if they give it to their bud to use (The couple in CA that shot up the City Water Dept, someone bought the rifles for them) and so on.

To close the above point and to Hoppy's second comment... Let's say the private sale thing went away and all transactions/transfers had to be FFL for example. Could you still give the law the finger and do it without it? Absolutely... but I bet you would think twice about it if you were personally liable for that serial number and it's future use. There's a responsibility that comes with owning a firearm, most folks accept it, but not all.

I'm going to go watch my Saints put the big hurt on the Texans. Who Dat!

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: LT Governor [Re: RayB] #7602548 09/10/19 12:07 AM
R
Rounder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Needs. Judicial expediency. Prime time executions. They get their moment of fame. I would suggest the guillotine. Always popular to see heads roll.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide